There is an issue with Key Cleaner.
After Effects crashes unexpectedly after applying key cleaner weather you use Keylight or color range without a message or warning.
Mystery Pancake commented
This might have been fixed in the latest update 17.6:
"Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using Key Cleaner with HDR footage."
Knut Eckert commented
Same Problem, keying is impossible.... Crashs always. Tried to keylight, keycleaner (begins to Crash)....
Thank you for reporting this crash, sorry you're experiencing this issue. Would you mind answering a few additional questions to help us identify the cause?
- What are your system's specs? E.g. OS version, GPU, amount of RAM
- What version of After Effects are you using?
- Does the crash occur only with certain footage or all footage?
- Does the crash occur only with the project set to a certain color bit depth like 8bpc or 32bpc?
If the Crash Reporter dialog is shown after the crash occurs, please be sure to submit it with your email address and what you were doing when the application crashed.
I hope we are able to get to the source of this. Thank you for any additional info you can provide!
- John, After Effects Engineering Team