After Effects 17.1.3 crashes constantly.
I'm trying to make changes from notes, just copying and pasting TC to make adjustments, and every 10 minutes programs just crashes and instantly closes. I'm losing time and I can't afford to waste any. Are you guys working on this or just not making any real changes in these updates? Why am I crashing all the time? AE and one tab of FireFox are the only things running on my machine. iMac 32GB RAM i7.
Thank you for making this report, you definitely should not be seeing crashes in AE 17.1.3 every 10 minutes. We are not aware of any specific issues causing such frequent crashes in that version of AE.
If possible, would you be willing to answer a few questions about your setup and the crashes you're experiencing?
- What version of macOS are you using?
- What are the full system specs on your iMac? GPU, model, etc
- Is the crash always triggered by a specific action?
- When the crash occurs, does the Crash Reporter show up? If so, have you submitted these crash reports?
- Do crashes occur in only one specific project or in all projects?
You mentioned copy/pasting timecode; what program are you copying the text from? There is a possibility that a special character in the text might be contributing to the crashes.
Thank you so much for any additional information, I hope we are able to get to the bottom of these crashes.
- John, After Effects Engineering Team