Preview not working - Moving one frame behind instead
I was trying to preview an animation. It was working for a while and all of a sudden it stopped working. When I try to press spacebar to preview, the playhead won't move and when I try to stop the preview, it pushes the playhead back one frame. I attached a video to show that it's just moving back one frame.
Thank you for filing this bug report.
We need more information in order to investigate:
- Does the problem persist after you restart After Effects?
- Does the problem occur only in this project, or in any project?
- What version of After Effects are you using? (ex., After Effects 16.0.1, from the About After Effects dialog box.)
- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
Same issue here using 16.1.2 (Build55)
Happens when switching between comps - wont clear up till restart
across both machines and multiple project files
Thanks for the additional detail. Knowing the problem isn't persistent, that restarting After Effects clears it at least temporarily, is helpful. But what we really need to understand what condition After Effects is getting into that causes the problem.
Just prior to the problem occurring, what actions do you take in After Effects? What have you changed, clicked on, or asked After Effects to do before it starts misbehaving? In order for us to investigate this problem, we need to be able to replicate it, which means understanding what you're doing that puts After Effects into this state.
John Flores commented
- The problem goes away after you restart AE. But restarting AE to fix the problem isn't ideal :(
- The problem occurs in any project.
- I'm on 16.0.1
- Windows 10 10.0.17763 Build 17763