"Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" Bug Report
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, AE 15.1.1 (but I've noticed this in many previous versions as well)
Steps to Reproduce:
- Turn "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" on.
- Play the current composition.
- Switch the timeline to another composition.
- Switch back to the first composition.
- "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" is now turned off and needs to be turned back on again.
It's mildly annoying and I've noticed this for a long time but only recently discovered what actually causes it. It seems that when you play a composition, it will disable that switch in order to not show layer handles/outlines and such during playback. It will normally re-enable that switch when playback is stopped, but opening a different composition stops playback without re-enabling the switch.