How can we improve After Effects?

Support the HAP codec

The HAP codec, which is massive in the live video industry, is no longer supported.

Please bring it back? It would be very nice.

521 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

334 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I rely on Hap codec for theatrical use. Please tell me there is a way to create my source files for our productions without spending another $200 and adding steps to my workflow. I have now wasted half a day dealing with Adobe's now too common practice of sticking it to their "renters". This is **** and I may abondon Adobe completely and simply get into a new line of work. Fed up with this way of being treated is an understatement.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Normally I wouldn't write in these things, but Bhaskar from support recommended me to do it anyways as "If the number of voices grows regarding this codec, they might reply on this. we at the support line don't have any suggestion regarding the same.". So here it goes: We use HAP every single day. We tell our partners to deliver their files in HAP every single day. Since AE_CC15 I start to hate Adobe more and more, every single day.

• Scabious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The HAP team have not created a solution, as the results from this exporter are very poor quality. There is no customization of frame rates or quality settings or chunk sizes.
    A really poor response to your customers needs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An unreliable alpha release is not a solution. We need the HAP codec more then ever now that we have to break the law just to do our job. This is affecting an entire industry.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just received the email from Adobe, so now you're asking your customers to stop using the older versions of the Apps, among which the versions of After Effect/Media Encoder allowing us to export in HAP. I guess in no time you'll make them unavailable in the Cloud and, who knows, impossible to use.

Please, if you're not going to help us anymore with this HAP issue, keep the 2017 version of After Effect and Media Encoder available.

• Rogerio Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY, no HAP, seriously?
    Maybe you should discontinue After Effects, after all you make it worst on every new version, not only that you ******* always come up with some **** like not supporting hap, ffs get a life, do it properly.

WE WANT HAP!
    Adobe why do not you listen?
    Can we think you're not capable?
    Or are there mysterious reasons?
    Our money is more accepted than complaints ........

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe with every version tries hard to users leave adobe suite. This is most stupid thing i've ever seen. Oh, no! the most stupid thing in AE for example was not support professional graphics cards and not follow standards in graphic industry. Sick leftist minds!

Yes this is very important for Pros, HAP is a brilliant codec for very High res movies at HQ

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have CC 2019 for any work not involving HAP and CC 2017 for HAP projects. Until they sort it out just use CC 2017 for encoder / premiere / after effects and your good to go (just a couple of years back in time)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base