How can we improve After Effects?

Support the HAP codec

The HAP codec, which is massive in the live video industry, is no longer supported.

Please bring it back? It would be very nice.

521 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

320 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is very important for Pros, HAP is a brilliant codec for very High res movies at HQ

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have CC 2019 for any work not involving HAP and CC 2017 for HAP projects. Until they sort it out just use CC 2017 for encoder / premiere / after effects and your good to go (just a couple of years back in time)

Victoria! Please include the following information to Your pinned comment:
        One needs to install the old version 2018 of premiere pro and then install the linked hap codec installer. After this procedure HAP could be available in AME 2019 as a format choice in the format tab (just below H264 Blu-ray) and then the different subsided types are availabe in the export preferences.

This is very unclear and undocumented as yet. It needs explanation.

It is not necessary for me to keep paying the monthly subscription in case I can not count on AE to do the work all the way to the finishing line. I will return to the product when it functions as we require and as it did before.

• Emery Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The HAP exporter you've linked to does not natively support After Effects, so this is not solved.

... and the linked installer quite obviously doesn't support the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Victoria, I'm sorry but this issue is as far from resoved as ever possible.

Or to quote the phrases that trigger Your system: There are still severe problems with the usability of after effects in a professional environment.

Funny thing is, HAP is open source. Surely it wouldn't take much for Adobe to implement an encoder as well as a decoder.

Hey Victoria. Please reopen this issue. It is not solved and your „solution“ breaks the workflow of many users.

Sorry Victoria, You seem to be in the wrong forum. This is an After Effects forum. ;[

You are refering to a PremierePro Plugin. At least that's why the installer doesn't start.
        This topic is not completed. Your reply just raised more reason for complaint.

+1 can't find the HAP for AE. Where would that be hidden in AE 16.
        I deliver my content to Servers. They all run HAP or similar codecs. AE is becoming a dead end for the industry.
        Why don't Adobe develop their own cross platform codec that can be used as a high end delivery format all over the industry?

Not resolved.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base