How can we improve After Effects?

Support the HAP codec

The HAP codec, which is massive in the live video industry, is no longer supported.

Please bring it back? It would be very nice.

297 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phill Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And while you're at it, could you please reinstate DXV-3 support? Another format used by live events professionals.

• Cris Sharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring HAP back, as an events professional I use HAP all of the time for media server content and the loss of direct After Effects rendering has caused a huge problem both in time and confusion for my clients and suppliers.

• Dave LaRonde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have about 20 - 24 hours of quicktimes, all in older codecs. All of a historical nature. None can be re-shot. I fail to understand why Adobe dropped support for older QT codecs without first having good replacements for them. Those of us working with older footage can not and WILL NOT update. Our livelihoods were built on Quicktime, and they still depend on it.

• sfeick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring HAP back to After Effects CC 2018, can't work on older projects anymore

• Miguel R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been talking to Adobe support and I have been met with untold ignorance and the usual "we are sorry for the inconvenience".Dear Adobe, impacting people's workflow in this wreckless manner is not exactly an "inconvenience"
        Please restore support for the HAP and DVX codecs.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just spoke to Abobe support about this issue and fortunately the response is positive:
        "As I can see here it seems that it was a bug that it was deleted... And we are working to get that solved."

They told me that use of HAP in Adobe CC should be re-implemented in the next "3-4 days", 5 max.

Fingers crossed

• Carlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HAP is the worst loss we have in the Adobe.
        probabily more than the dolby support

• Vincent Steenhoek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for taking this under consideration. How is the progress on this looking?

Best wishes,

Vincent

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need HAP to supply our clients with the format they need. Adobe CC is so flexible why remove one of its most useful codecs?
        Pkease bring HAP back.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base