Skip to content

After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

4111 results found

1. ACTUALLY LET US MAKE A DIRECT COMPLAINT

How about instead of making us VOTE for features we want you to repair. You take the money we give you every month and fix the problems. No broken feature should require a popularity contest to get fixed. It's pathetic.

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New way of mapping (virtually all) properties

After AE got that nice update with track mattes I think it may be the time to take another great step and make many more the properties mappable.
    This will definitely require a new dialogue window, where you can bind a comp layer to virtually any parameter and set the remapping ranges applied to the pixel data. The current property mapping approach is very limited. Imagine if you could map any of the AE's blurs' radius, or the stroke radius/color/softness, or the glow's brightness/radius/color, or you could even drive the main layer properties like position/rotation with an animated texture. This…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop adding new features till the program works at an appropriate speed.

I'm tracking footage as I write this. the entire file is just a single 4k video with two trackers. my cache is on an ssd, and I run a 1070 and 6700k intel chip. not the best, I know...
    bit it worked fine on 6k anamorphic video in 2016 when I made it. so now I get to say:
    what the hell adobe. how did you mess this up so much, the moment you went subscription?

it's simple. after effects has become like 3DS max: buggy, cobbled together, filled with half-functional plugins, all with messy code and badly integrated, with…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preference Option: Default to Disable Audio of Video Clips on Timeline Import

I find that since audio is typically only referenced in AE rather than edited, I am often having to look for and manually disable all video clips that contain audio tracks within the project. This leads to recurring accidents of having surprise elements of audio in my renders and additional needless labor.

The alternative, to me, would be to have an option in preferences that, by default, disables the audio of video layers that contain audio tracks.

Please note that these audio channels would remain present and could manually be turned back on within the timeline.

This is only in…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug report

hey so im using after effects 2022 version 22.5 and using mac m1 and when i click the buttons nothing happens like i cant save i cant import stuff i cant pre compose i cant render

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: AE 22.3 DNx Codecs Broken

DNx codecs are broken when updating to AE 22.3, which affects usability with any high profile Avid projects. Any QTs exported with DNx codecs will no longer import into the Avid, and you also cannot re-import these exports into AE.
    The codecs work if you roll back to AE 22.2.1

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incremental Iterative RAM Preview

We commit lots of RAM Previews daily and oftentimes, we view a RAM preview on repeat. Going from Zero to when the RAM Preview is ready for viewing takes x number of seconds. Oftentimes, we can make do without a full, fps preview when we just want a quick look to ensure what we're doing is going as planned - things moving in the right direction; general layout looks as expected and layers are looking as expected. For this, a RAM Preview in 2s or 3s is sufficient. However, user experience can be improved if we combined these truths with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects needed more Tim Kurkoski at NAB

I feel that the whole NAB experience would have performed better and been much more stable if Tim was there.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Major ProRes Bug!

Please please please fix the ProRes encoder! AE only renders ProRes at 8-bit, despite all the preferences, project settings and output modules being set up correctly for 16-bit output. In fact, if I set up an extra output module, AE renders beautiful 16-bit PNGs, but awful 8-bit ProRes files. ProRes is an integral part of our studio pipeline (and, I'd wager, crucial to a lot of other professional studios). We're running AE 22.5 on OSX 12.3.1.
    Thanks - Yan.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. After effects crashes when importing PSD files with latest update (version 22.2)

When importing PSD files the "importing selected items" popup gets lasts for a long time then After Effects crashes . Was working perfectly fine a few days ago.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Magnification Ratio Revamp

Hello. We would love to see the Magnification Ratio updated with custom zoom values. Based on a small poll in MDA Slack, 7 people agree.

1. Customize the values in the Magnification Ratios list in the AE Preferences.
    2. Add "Custom..." to bottom of Magnification Ratio list and allow entering one-time custom value.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AE frequently resets preferences upon opening

Ever since the release of AE 22.2, it happens quite frequently to me that AE resets all preferences upon opening it. Maybe something like every fourth or fifth time of opening it (but the frequency seems to vary). Other times, I just get an error message that some preference file contains an expected value (but I don't think it resets all preferences, though).

Is this a known bug? Can I do something about it? There are so many preferences I have to add back every time that I can't really work in these AE versions.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 22.6 render >10 times slower in Mac M1 than 22.5 - PLEASE CHECK!

22.6 render engine is not working properly on M1 Macs. After a couple of seconds rendering times rise by 10x to 100x times. AE sequence in Premiere are causing Premiere to export in hours or "GPU Error" crash. Please check. Just rolled back to 22.5 and that is working properly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding and subtracting in the frame number box

I used to be able click in the frame number box, and type in something like "1460+20", for example, and then it would take me to frame number "1480". But the more recent versions of After Effects don't seem to do this any more? Can we have this feature reinstated please? Because it was really useful, and saved me from having to get my calculator out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Essential Graphics in Render Queue

Exposing Essential Graphics/Essential Properties in the Render Queue would let us quickly render out variations of a single composition without having to create several copies of a comp within the project.

I could see this as either a tab in the Render Settings dialog, or possibly an entirely new Render Item row that sits between Render Settings and Output Modules when a comp has properties in Essential Graphics.

Bonus points if this Essential Graphics render item row could be scriptable or tie into CSV/TSV/JSON data. This would be great for automated headless rendering. (But maybe this is a separate feature…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AE 22.4.0 is horrendously slow

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to say about this other then AE 22.4.0 is EXTREMELY slow in performance all round. I mean the timeline takes forever to cache and render just a single frame for the viewport.

I rolled back to 22.0 and the speed difference is chalk and cheese. 22.0 is an order of magnitude faster.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a "Set text layer to current font" option/button to the edit dropdown/Character panel

In After effects in the Character Panel, if I have a font selected e.g. Roboto Regular and with my cursor I select a text layer, which has a different font let's say Arial Regular, There is no way to apply the currently set font to that layer. I have to switch the font to let's say Roboto Medium and back to Regular to apply the currently selected font.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to see if a layer has any other layers connected to it

Before deleting a layer that looks 'un used' it will be super useful to be able to quickly double check if maybe some other layers are reliant on it because they are either parented or linked to it.

When a project has many layers, especially if the project file has been worked on by more than one person, you sometimes don't know or don't remember if a null layer is actually being used, or an old version of a layer, that you switched off, is actually parented to a new layer (usually to save time reanimating stuff).

It will be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dark Mode support in MacOS

import and save and close windows are light when they should be dark when system dark mode is on. please please please fix this, I've been waiting years for this to be fixed but somehow not fixed yet.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save location should be where I opened the recent project...

There are few posts on this but I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes.

It seems really counter intuitive and downright frustrating that whenever I open a recent project and go to save it, it automatically suggests the folder I used last, which could be a completely different project... not just simply where I opened the file from!?

It's such a time sink having to manually dig through folders between clients and it's way too easy to accidental save files in the wrong projects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 205 206

After Effects

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base