After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 68 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Go to layer in-point and out-point (shortcuts I and O on layers panel) on AE 2020 not working.

Updated to Ae CC 2020 and going to the beginning or end of a layer isn't possible because the shortcuts (keys I or O) are not working.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE 2020 fixed ram preview for me... YAY! However, Numberpad "." no longer previews just the audio

AE 2020 fixed ram preview for me... YAY! However, Numberpad "." no longer previews just the audio. If I hit the "." key, the play-head moves across the timeline, but there's no audio... and I don't see anything in the audio levels display either. If, however, if I enable video preview in the Numberpad "." preview, I get audio... AND video—which obviously defeats the purpose of an audio-only preview.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. scroll through fonts with arrows (v17.0)

In version 17.0 it seems like the ability to preview fonts with the arrows keys is, once again, broken. It's crazy how much this slows down a workflow. Can we get this fixed please?

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug - Roughen Edges doesn't work the same in 2020 as it does in previous versions

In AE CC 2020, the Roughen Edges effect still shows the original edges of shapes and vectors. It also produces oddly colored edges.

This wasn't the case before this version. It used to produce nice rough edges.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE 17.0 RAM Preview unresponsive / stuck

RAM Preview speed has improved but the entire program becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [BUG] Master Properties can't be changed with expression

I put this simple expression on a master property that cycles through some items. It shows 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, etc. on the control, but it only shows the item #1.

timeToFrames(time/50) % 3 + 1;

This wasn't working on another master property, but it started to at some point on it's own. I've tried purging, recreating the property. About the only thing I haven't tried so far but sometimes works is recreating it all in a new comp.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compatibility issue - MacBook Pro 16 - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

I'm using a MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB, and there appears to be a compatibility issue between AE and the graphics card. My composition window is completely distorted with horizontal lines running through it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. String memory leak

Error 83::2 - String Memory Leak
    I get this error message every time I log out of AE 2019 whilst using one particular project that involves a lot of imports. Will not open the files again later. I can work around it by importing the file into a new project, but once I save the NEW project, under a different name and go to quit the program, I get the same error message and rinse and repeat. I don't know which, if any, files are corrupt and the program otherwise acts normally until I try and close out the program.It…

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug - Opening projects that use 2020 drop-down menu expression controls (Pseudo dialog on startup)

I love the new drop down expression control effect in AE2020. Unfortunately though I have a bug on opening the project file. I get a dialog box similar to the attached screen grab for each instance I've used the drop-down menu as a master property. The code in the dialog changes for each instance.

For context, my project file features one precomp with a number of properties controlled by 3x dropdown menus on a control layer for colour, text option and positioning. That precomp is used in 5 other compositions, where using Master Properties I have used different drop down…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG - AE 2020 Viewport glitching out at 100% or less zoom.

The viewport completely glitches out at 100% or less.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE 2020.

Viewport is fine in AE 2019.

Hardware specs:

Mac OS Catalina
    Macbook Pro 16" 2019
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    64GB RAM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Interpret footage bug

AE2020, Mac i7:

1. There is an asset in project encoded with Apple ProRes 422 LT movie with assigned profile HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235.

2. This is incorrect so user selects Interpret Footage.

3. User sets color management to sRGB working space.

4. Closes and saves file.

5. Reopens file and the asset has gone back to the old profile again, HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. RAM preview is not playing at the correct speed anymore.

In a 1080p comp, a shape layer is animated in position, the RAM preview is slow/laggy and play aorund 19-20 fps instead of 25.
    But if I scrub the timeline, everything is smooth, reactive.
    See the video attached, What can I do ?

Here is my specs :
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVOMT20M9BUThinkFMThinkPad P52
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
    BaseBoard Product 20M9001KMB …

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bug report - playback issue

Having an issue with the new 2020 update that was not happening with 2019. First off, a lot of things are quite laggy when clicked so take a long time to react. Sometimes it's a second or two, sometimes it's so long I start thinking AE is locked up. I can start playback on a section and then it won't stop (by hitting 0, clicking the playhead, hitting Space). Sometimes it takes a few seconds to respond and sometimes up to a minute. Several times now I actually had to force close AE just to make it stop playback.

I…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. RAM Preview Performance Bug... Again :\

Since updating to the latest build of AE (16.1.2 Build 55) my ram previews are again unstable at best (a problem I haven't had with a number of previous AE builds).

If I open a project that has a number of other reduced AE projects that have been imported into that project, my RAM previews stutter like crazy and the feature is basically unusable (again, a problem I haven't had with a number of previous AE builds… I’m so disappointed to see it return).

If I reduce that project, I can get an almost useable RAM preview, but there’s still…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG REPORT: preview playback will not stop

When playing preview by pressing the spacebar or using the preview panel it does not stop by pressing the spacebar again and the interface is unresponsive. (CC 20 - v17.0)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Drop shadow/stroke not working when 3D mode is enabled on layers

I've successfully tracked a video to add text into it.
    Drop shadow and stroke will not show up unless I turn the 3D layer check box off.

I've added drop shadow as a regular effect and as a layer style.

This has to be a bug of some sort, I've done this many times before.
    I'm working on After Effects 2020

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. (BUG) Preview in after effects 2020 creates a "new" window.

When i try to preview my scenes a "new" preview window appears and is "off center" and it plays in real time with out lagging. Sometimes that new "window" is not even visible (depens on how much you have zoomed into the scene) adn the original workspace area is just static. I hope my screenshots makes the matter more clear, since it is hard to explain in words. Also, sliding the current time indicatior manually works - Then the "real" preview window is showing what it should.

Both screenshots is taken during preview. When preview is stopped everything looks normal

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Output profile bug

AE 2020. Renders to Prores HQ with a workspace setting of "Rec.709 Gamma 2.4" produce a file with the incorrect profile "HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235" when read back in, producing a gamma shift with colour management turned on.

Renders to Prores 4444 seem unaffected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base