After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Internet connection speed may cause AE to lock up with INVALID MENU OPERATION msg

BUG - Internet connection speed may cause AE to lock up with INVALID MENU OPERATION msg.

Title says it all, can reproduced 100% of the time by lowering my internet connection speed (i.e. downloads and/or uploads). This is a critical productivity issue that has started occurring today 2021-02-23 and reproduced on both latest versions of AE (had it occur before and after updating the application).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Moving between screens with different scaling

When click-dragging a property's numerical value (e.g. position or scale), if the mouse cursor crosses onto a screen with a different scaling setting in Windows Display Setttings to the one with AE in it, the value jumps. The bigger the difference in scaling, the bigger the jump.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gaussian Blur (GPU) artifacts and quality issues

Gaussian Blur (new GPU based one) has unexpected/poor results compared to the legacy one. Visual artifacts occur in 32-bit mode on adjustment layers, and in general it has a less natural, more blocky look than the traditional Gaussian Blur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 17.7 crashing opening project with missing files

AE 17.7 crashing when opening [AE 17.6] project file with 2 missing assets (2 small prores422 mov files). Had to roll back to AE17.6. Opened same project file in 17.6 and it also said that 2 files are missing, but did not crash like 17.7 did.
    I'm so tired of this. It's like walking through a minefield. Before Creative Cloud AE versions were more stable - someone there was responsible for the product they are shipping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Render Error: -1609629695 due to Levels Effects on one of the layers.

I could not render my work in After Effects or in Media Encoder. I get the error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
    Writing file type: H264
    Around timecode: 00:00:00:08
    Rendering at offset: 0,000 seconds
    Component: H.264 of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

So I started to disable layer by layer one by one and render again until I narrowed down the problem - This was due to layer that had "Levels" effect. Once I turned off the Effect everything worked fine. Your welcome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In After Effects 17.7 the mercury transmit does not work ....in Premiere 14.9 instead it works.

In After Effects 17.7 the mercury transmit does not work ....in Premiere 14.9 instead it works.
    I have MacBook Pro (16 pollici, 2019)
    2,3 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core
    16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG. Liquify effect in 32bit inverts alpha. Please FIX

BUG. Liquify effect in 32bit inverts alpha.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi, just seems the layer sequencer isn't working

See attached photoshop file, I took screenshots and pasted them in with a walkthrough of what I''m doing on.

I've been a tester on a few softwares so just thought give a brief run down. Wasn't end of world, just had to do a lot of layer duplication.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. TEXT cursor BUG / ERROR

When using the "all caps" feature in the character panel, the cursor in the composition window inserts a double space after the last character.

The other very annoying bug is when I have the text cursor selector hovering over 3 text layers in a composition (two or more text layers are HIDDEN, only the TOP one remains visible) the text selector ALWAYS selects the HIDDEN text layer, even though a) they are BEHIND, AND b) HIDDEN.

I'm so done with Adobe's monoply honestly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CTRL+ALT+A no longer selects all visible properties

Pressing this combination used to select all visible properties. now it just causes random windows to open and close. Appears to be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PLEASE FIX the dreaded "unable to obtain dynamiclink project"

I am getting an “unable to obtain dynamiclink project” error when I try to reapply Warp Stabilizer to a clip that had to be extended in length.

As Dynamic Link has caused problems for me in the past, my workflow for the past 3+ years is to copy/paste footage from Premiere Pro into a new After Effects timeline, and render a ProRes file. This has worked flawlessly for me, and no need to mess with Dynamic Link once I had the files in AE.

Today, I opened a project that contained some previously warp stabilized clips, one of which had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mpeg 2 video failing to import

Version 17.1.3 is no longer importing MPEG 2 Long GOP HDV 720P footage. I have older footage from a JVC GY HD250 that still opens in Premiere, but the After Effects project will no longer conform the footage. So, I open AE to check the project, to find that footage, and any MPEG 2 I try to import, will import without error, but only displays black. Brand new Wintel machine with RTX 2080 super card. Other AE projects work fine, just not ones with this footage. Any workaround? I don't even think I can re-render the footage in Media Encoder,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Report - Layer/Camera/Link Focus Distance To Layer does not work!

3D Camera 'Link Focus Distance to Layer' does not work. When initially linking the focus distance, it is set correctly. But as soon as you orbit the camera around an orbit null, the focus distance no longer stays locked to the focus layer. Also, and bizarrely, if the orbit null is deleted the focus distance resumes the correct lock. After a lot of experimenting and 2 completely useless and infuriating sessions with Adobe support (Adobe - your tech support sucks - I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with your tech support), I discovered that the problem appears to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AE CC 2019 keeps crashing

I didn't experience any immediate problems after updating to the new version, and I was actually excited about it. However, today the problems started. I was masking a layer, when all of a sudden AE crashed and I got this error on my screen "<140735526355840> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D". Tried googling but couldn't really find a solution for this specific problem. Running AE on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid-2015) with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Now, when I try to open the project the app keeps freezing.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There's a bug - when you add a horizontal guide, performance slows way down. Hiding them improves it. Very weird!

There's a bug - when you add a horizontal guide, performance slows way down. Hiding them improves it. Very weird!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remember output folder for every project

My life would be days longer if After effects was able to render to the same folder the project rendered to last time instead of switching to the last place chosen regardless of wether it was a different project file (which makes no sense to me)

Having to work quickly on multiple projects in the same timeframe leaves me with scatterer render files that swell the hard drive and take an age to sort through down the line.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix timeline issue in the latest update

On a macbook air 2017 running mojave 10.14.3, left clicking in the timeline DOES NOT work at all, only option is to right click which somehow registers, the recent update broke left clicking on the timeline and no layers can be clicked, this is a major bug and paralyzes my work. Please get it fixed ASAP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug.

We are currently investigating this problem but are having difficulty reproducing the issue. To isolate and fix the problem, if you are experiencing this we would like to know:

- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
    - What hardware are you using? (ex., 2018 MacBook Pro or MacBookPro15,2 (A1989)
    - Did the problem always occur since you first installed After Effects 16.1 or did something trigger it?
    - If something triggered it, does restarting After Effects clear the problem? Restarting the computer? Clearing the After Effects preferences?
    - If something triggered it, what is the trigger?

20. Bug Report - AE 16.0.1 - Lumetri Scopes not displaying anything after some use.

When using the Lumetri Scopes, after having AE open for some time, the scopes themselves disappear and there seems to be no way to get them working again. I can close the scopes panel and reopen it and also try to change what scopes are displaying but nothing works. Must restart AE for them to work again. Problem typically occurs when changing from one composition to another.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this bug report.

Are you also using external video preview via Mercury Transmit? (Preferences > Video Preview)

When the problem starts, try enabling and then disabling Mercury Transmit. You could also try pressing the / key on the numeric keypad.

(Under the hood, Lumetri Scopes captures the frame using Mercury Transmit. Although Transmit does not need to be enabled in the prefs for Lumetri Scopes to do this, I’m curious if toggling it on/off would help, or maybe there is a conflict with another Transmit device.)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base