After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. All ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RAM Preview not real time on MacBook Pro M1 Max

I'm currently having to use After Effects 2021 instead of 2022 because 2022 will not RAM preview in real time. I'm running a brand spankin' new 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max with 64GB Unified Memory & 4TB of space. The system is screaming fast so this AE issue is evidently a bug. Please fix as soon as possible Adobe because AE 2022 looks amazing and I'm dying to dive in.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Thank you all for your feedback on these playback performance issues. As you may have seen, the latest update to After Effects 2022 ( 22.3 ) brings native support for Apple silicon to the release version. While we are not considering this playback performance issue fixed yet, but we do need some clarity around the exact conditions that can cause the playback performance to degrade, given that it appears to have originally been reported against After Effects running under Rosetta. With that in mind, please do the following:

If you have been running into slow previews while using After Effects 22.2.1 or earlier on Apple silicon under Rosetta, please update to 22.3 and see if the playback issues persist when you run After Effects natively. Let us know with a comment whether you continue to see any playback issues when running After Effects natively or under Rosetta.

If…

2. Bug report

hey so im using after effects 2022 version 22.5 and using mac m1 and when i click the buttons nothing happens like i cant save i cant import stuff i cant pre compose i cant render

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After effects crashes when importing PSD files with latest update (version 22.2)

When importing PSD files the "importing selected items" popup gets lasts for a long time then After Effects crashes . Was working perfectly fine a few days ago.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  17 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE frequently resets preferences upon opening

Ever since the release of AE 22.2, it happens quite frequently to me that AE resets all preferences upon opening it. Maybe something like every fourth or fifth time of opening it (but the frequency seems to vary). Other times, I just get an error message that some preference file contains an expected value (but I don't think it resets all preferences, though).

Is this a known bug? Can I do something about it? There are so many preferences I have to add back every time that I can't really work in these AE versions.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 22.6 render >10 times slower in Mac M1 than 22.5 - PLEASE CHECK!

22.6 render engine is not working properly on M1 Macs. After a couple of seconds rendering times rise by 10x to 100x times. AE sequence in Premiere are causing Premiere to export in hours or "GPU Error" crash. Please check. Just rolled back to 22.5 and that is working properly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE 22.4.0 is horrendously slow

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to say about this other then AE 22.4.0 is EXTREMELY slow in performance all round. I mean the timeline takes forever to cache and render just a single frame for the viewport.

I rolled back to 22.0 and the speed difference is chalk and cheese. 22.0 is an order of magnitude faster.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix After Effects V22.5 Mask pen tool please

Pen tool only put the first point and then nothing, cant mask. please! its a professional soft, test before public a new update....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. open multiple comps from render queue again PLEASE!

Selecting more than one comp in the render queue and double clicking no longer opens all the Comps, just one.
    Please ensure this is fixed soon.
    I assume this is a bug, like the Effects panel no longer opening when you double click a layer, and that you will be reinstating some of this basic functionality in the next point updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: AE 22.5.0 (Build 53) Export Error.

Camera Lens Blur without a Blur Map layer set up crashes on rendering.

Reports an Error(Code 19969) quits rendering, viewports dark, have to restart.

AMD Theadripper, 64GB Ram, 2xRTX2080ti, SSD's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Type tool crashes After Effects

Type tool crashes After Effects every time. I tried using other fonts, uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects, purging all cashes and removing 3rd party plugins - nothing helped. Please fix this issue.
    After the crash, AE crashes again when trying to open the project.
    However, new projects cause crash as well, whenever type is involved.

<202514> <FLT> <4> Actual missing plugin: Pseudo/MHAC PrCtrl WZI 4

<226164> <RenderTaskManager> <5> Multithreaded render report

Total duration: 0.863031 seconds
    Render threads used: 2
    Frames rendered: 500
    Frame render avg time(per thread): 0.00222583 seconds
    Total frames per second: 579.353
    Total per - thread time in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. F9 no longer cycling through ease

After updating to 22.5.0 F9 no longer cycles through easing. It will work initially in setting "easy ease". But pressing it again no longer cycles to "rove across time" or no ease. This means there is no way to turn off the ease unless I use the graph editor. I've always been able to do this until the update. Please fix this bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. after effect UI slow

hello

i just purchased a new pc with AMD ryzen 7 4800h 8 cores 16 threads. base clock 2.9ghz boost clock 4.2ghz rtx 2060 6gb 16gb 3200mhz ram dual channel and a 512gb ssd. but in my after effect. there is a lot of lag once the softeware is opened and the 4 sec to 6sec lag before a funtion i pressed is activated is fraustrating. the general lag. please is there a way to resolve this. and a friend system 4th gen i5 8gb ram 500gb hdd intel hd 4500 performs faster in the software ui than mine with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug on boot

After Effects is slowly becoming a nightmare to use. I now have to reinstall it after every restart on my Mac as all the plugins become unresponsive. I've tried cleaning Adobe completely but it does the same thing every time I restart.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FIX TEXT on AE 22.4.0 (Build 56) on MAC 12.4

I think there is a problem with text using After Effects 22.4.0 (Build 56)
    I don't know why but when you type a text and hit the enter key to go to a new line, the last character goes to the other side of the sentence.

I've changed font, compostion, I cleaned cache file, restart the program but nothing change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shatter Effect Performance V22.5.0

Having major issues with V22.5.0 performance when trying to use the Shatter effect

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After Effects error: Keylight out of memory. (4) (25::241)

After Effects error: Keylight out of memory. (4) (25::241)

Keylight (1.2) Playback error, Pops up after every play and pause action

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Two sequences with the same source layer in a project cannot properly have different frame blending on that source

1. Create a sequence in a project ("source")
    2. Create another sequence ("wrapper") which imports the first, then time warp it to be a bit slower. Leave the Frame Blending at "none"
    3. Copy/Paste the wrapper, then in only one of the wrappers, change the source Frame Blending to "Pixel Motion".

Expected: AE preview frames, and renders via Premiere Pro import, both respect each sequence's respective frame blending options.

Actual: Only one of them is actually respected for both sequences. Which one is used is pretty arbitrary, depends on what AE is using to render the frames. Once the user fiddles with things…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AE 2022 V22.3.0 does not update layer in composition viewport when transform parameters are changed

In the latest and greatest AE 2022 22.3.0, when I change a layer's Transform parameters, like adjusting rotation for example, the layer does not visually update per the change in view in the Composition viewer. This happens frequently and on a M1 Max MacBook Pro 16" with the latest macOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base