After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 165 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One line if/else statement breaks on AE 2019

This used to work on AE 2018:
    <expression set on opacity>
    show = false;
    if (show) value else 0;
    </expression>

but it gives a not helpful error on AECC 2019 (attached error message)
    It works again if adding the semicolon to explicitly set a newline

<expression set on opacity>
    show = true;
    if (show) value; else 0;
    </expression>

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Nvidia Quadro P2000/P3000/P4000/P5000 CUDA acceleration of ray-traced 3D rendering

The new Nvidia Quadro P series (P2000/P3000/P4000/P5000) notebook cards are powerful video cards based on the Pascal architecture and should be on the supported list of cards for CUDA acceleration of ray-traced 3D rendering.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cinema 4D crashes when trying to edit a gradient

If I add a material in Cinema 4D, change the texture to gradient and then edit the colours, the first notch I can double click on and change it's colours, but if I click the second colour notch, it crashes completely every time. Even if I try and click on the second notch first, it still crashes. Please help, this is severely limiting my options. Thank you.

Mac El Capitain,

Xeon Quad Core 2.66
    32 Gb RAM
    ATI Radeon 5870 1024mb

All software is the latest and up to date.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: After Effects 15.1.1 crashes when opening or saving a project on Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi,

I'm having a serious issue with After Effects 15.1. and 15.1.1. on Windows 10 Enterprise (build 16299.371).

After Effects launches as expected, but crashes everytime I try to open an existing project. AE allows me to create a new project, but crash occurs as soon as I try to save it.

In both cases application shows a pop-up that says "After Effects can't continue: AEGP Internal plug-in generated an unexpected exception".

I don't have any 3rd party plug-ins or extensions installed at the moment and I've already tried all typical problem solving methods, like trashing preferences and fixing permissions…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have verified this problem is caused by the 6.1.6 update to Extensis Universal Type Client. We are working with Extensis to resolve this issue.

Until an update is available from Extensis, if you are still experiencing this issue, remove the ExtensisFontManagementAECC2018 plug-in file from the After Effects plug-ins folder:
    Mac: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Plug-ins/
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\Plug-ins\

6. Bring back AE 2017 please.

This is so useful when needing to work on old projects as later versions don't open the projects well, or at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Responsive design doesn't work if there's audio

Audio seems to break responsive design.

Today I tried making a graphic template for Premiere. I set an intro and outro protected regions like normal. I also included a sound effect in the intro protected region for this one.

Premiere ignored the responsive design for the mogrt and just trimmed it like a normal clip if I tried to change the out time (I also could not extend it beyond the original run time).

I tried a few things to fix it but the only thing that worked was removing the sound effect. So audio seems to break responsive design.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUY Red Giant Software

You could buy that company, such as you have done with Allegorithmic. ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Render manager to remember in and out points

When you try to make multiple renders from the same comp using the work bar.

It currently will render the work bar even after you set the render settings for a comp, and then move the work bar to start a new render later in the same comp.

For example if you set a render with work bar in and out of 0:00-0:10 set a render task... Ctrl M.

Then make a new render from work bar... 0:20-0:30 Ctrl M, it will still render both files as 0:20-0:30.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for filing this issue. What you describe is the way After Effects is designed to work.

When you send a comp to the render queue, that render item remains “live” until you start the render queue. What this means is that any changes you make to the comp after adding it to the render queue will be reflected in the render item. This includes any changes to the comp including adding/removing/modifying layers, changing the comp dimensions or duration, or modifying the work area.

If you want to render multiple different durations of the same comp, there are a couple of ways to do this:

1. After you set the work area for the first duration and add the comp to the render queue, open the Render Settings dialog for that render item. Notice that the Time Span option is set to Work Area (this is the default unless you…

10. Test GeForce RTX 2080

Please test graphic card GeForce RTX 2080 for Ray-tracing in CC2019.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This User Voice request is effectively empty, and has been closed.

In the future, please report issues by stating the issue directly on the User Voice request. Links to external sites are helpful references, but to maintain a useful database of customer requests, we need the relevant info inside of the User Voice request.

12. your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space after effects how to fix this issue

How to fix this issue ...your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space after effects

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This warning tells you that one of your hard disks is getting full, and does not have enough space for After Effects to fully utilize as a disk cache.

To solve this issue, you have a few options:
    1. Delete files from your hard disk to make more space.
    2. Assign the disk cache to a different hard disk.
    3. Reduce the maximum disk cache size.
    4. Disable the disk cache.

For 2, 3, and 4, the disk cache options are located in Preferences > Media & Disk Cache.

A good first step is to click the Empty Disk Cache button in that panel, to delete existing disk cache files.

Because the disk cache can consume a significant portion of a disk, we recommend assigning it to a secondary hard drive. A fast SSD drive will improve the performance of the disk cache, but is not necessary.

More information about…

13. 'Display Resolution' Bug — Including 90-Second Video Demo

Just watch. It's fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjLXfdgMpuI

Steps:

1) New Comp (1000x1000)
    2) New Layer (10x10)
    3) Turn off the layer's anti-aliasing.
    4) Scale the layer to 2500%.
    5) Change display resolutions.

At full rez or half rez, it's fine — but at third or quarter, the layer's bounding box correctly remains unchanged while the layer itself is displayed (and rendered!) at completely the wrong size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report, and the clear video demonstrating the problem.

This is not considered a bug. After Effects is functioning as designed and we plan to make no changes to this behavior.

You can get the result you want by enabling the Continuously Rasterize switch for the solid layer.

What’s causing the layer to become larger is the combination of draft rendering, the large scaling factor, and how that is applied to the sub-sampled composition resolution.

When you change the composition resolution to be below Full, that resolution is used throughout After Effects’ rendering pipeline, all the way back to how the source of each layer is rendered. For example, if your solid is 10×10 pixels and the resolution is set to Quarter, the solid will be rendered at 2.5 × 2.5 pixels.

Since you’ve set the solid’s quality to draft mode, those pixels can’t be antialiased,…

14. Saludos

Saludos comunidad Adobe..

Hoy después de tener mi notebook de vuelta después de haberla formateado. Instale Creative Cloud para poder adquirir los programas que suelo usar para mis estudios como lo es after... entre otros como premiere, audition etc...

y me sale que no son compatibles... Siempre use Windows 10 y logre instalar los programas, pero ahora no me deja... me sale lo siguiente.

Debes actualizar el sistema para poder instalar After Effects
    -Windows 7 service pack 1 o versiones posteriores.
    (Nota: Windows 8 y la versión 1507 de Windows 10 no son compatibles.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After Effects is not compatible with version 1507 of Windows 10, which was the very first release of that operating system. If you are using version 1507, you can update it to a compatible version using Windows Update.

En español (Google Translate):
    After Effects no es compatible con la versión 1507 de Windows 10, que fue la primera versión de ese sistema operativo. Si está utilizando la versión 1507, puede actualizarla a una versión compatible con Windows Update.

Helpful links (in English):
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-update-windows-10
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base