After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Auto Keyframing" feature

Allow users to keyframe more easily with some sort of dragging auto-keyframe. It would be much easier to make effects such as:
    Shaky camera effects
    Natural movements
    Precise position keyframes

This is basically some feature that allows the user to drag the image however they want anywhere, but the moment the user drags the image the keyframing starts, and the image will move the exact same speed and the exact same position where the image was dragged in the playback.

The feature doesn’t need to be called “auto keyframing”, just an idea for the feature’s name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit Export fail

1. Export ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit with no Alpha, but "premuliplied" setting
    2. Import the Rendering back into AE.
    3. Playback reports error. Video is black.

Workaround: Set the output alpha to "straight" even though there is no alpha channel.

:(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DNx Export Data flagging bug introduced in 17.5.1

17.5.1 has introduced a bug where DNxHR/HD HQX, HQ, SQ & LB MOVs are being incorrectly interpreted by DaVinci Resolve as Full when they should be Video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shift + a number key doesn't add a numbered comp marker

Well, that shortcut does add numbered markers for numbers 4 through 0, but not numbers 1,2 or 3.
    I'm assuming it's a small bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set Work Area from Selection

I would like to set the Work Area to the In- and Outpoints of the current selection.
    That would be a huge timesaver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. double clicking keyframe is broken for audio

since updating 2020 double clicking keyframe on audio or change value from right click option is broken

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: aerender command line rendering broken in 17.5

After updating AE to 17.5 aerender stopped working with the error:
    "aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects"
    Re-installing the previous version makes it work again. Please Adobe, I am not asking a lot here. But especially after outlawing older versions, please at least stop breaking things with updates. That would be just great.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. COMP MARKERS 1-3 not working (no more jump to numbered comp marker)

For some reason AE won't allow me to drop a numbered composition marker (shift+1) for the numbers 1-3. Also I can no longer use the numbered composition markers as shortcuts by pressing the number on my keyboard to "jump" to that marker. Is this a bug in the new AE?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fix the timeline markers on OSX. they broke in cc 2021

the timeline markers broke. I cannot place with CMD + 1, 2 ,3 and I cannot recall timeline markers with keys 1,2,3 anymore. I cannot bind new hotkeys to these either. please fix asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the camera rotation tools back!

What happened to the orbit camera option? You used to have a tool that did all three camera movements with all three buttons on the mouse and now they are 3 separate tools?! Why fix something that isn't broken? That was a marvelous tool that's been in after effects forever and worked just fine?! Please change it back in the next update! Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The universal camera tool has moved to a keyboard shortcut for faster access. Hold alt/option and use your mouse buttons to navigate (left = orbit, middle = pan, right = dolly, same as before). This means you can now access the camera navigation anytime, without having to switch tools.

11. Bug: AE and AME Tool Panel UI color after update 17.5 (Win10)

After updating AE (and AME) to 17.5 (on 10/20) for Windows 10, the tab area on the Tools panel is white at startup. References attached.

Turning the Tools panel on/off (Ctrl+1) or un-docking and re-docking the Tools panel will revert the tab area back to the intended color.

On the subject of bright white UI elements, bright white is extremely abrasive and distracting, especially for users working in AE day-to-day for 8+ hrs.

Please, please, adjust the AE UI on Windows 10 so that the Menu for AE, AME, and PR respect Darker brightness settings for appearance, or, adopt the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We can confirm that this issue occurs. It has been fixed in the Beta builds of After Effects (17.5.1) and Adobe Media Encoder (14.5.1), and will be rolled into the public builds when those versions are released from beta. You can verify the fix now by installing After Effects Beta and Adobe Media Encoder Beta from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

12. Master properties source text bug inputing "ç" letter

I'm using the master property feature to create lower third comps. It is impossible to input in the word "Caçapava*". Anytime I type "ç" (cmd+C), the dialog box closes.

Please, check the video below
    https://youtu.be/17YVhP-jVZw

*in Portuguese we have many words with this letter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make expression controls inside composition accessible to the layer instance outside

I have a composition of a keyboard with each key to light up on a note. I make the keyboard and several checkbox controls for the highlight. Now I put the keyboard composition as a layer in a composition that has all the note info.

Why can't I make the checkboxes inside the composition available to the layer so that I can have multiple note arrangements using the same keyboard composition? I can't make this link without hard-coding the composition name into the keyboard composition. So I have to make a duplicate keyboard for each composition I want to use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Pickwhip in expression editor

When Pickwipping a slider inside and expression with brackets, the auto expression will miss the closed bracket because of the outside brackets. This means you need to add another bracket on the end which is fine, but some people may not see it get missed until an error spits out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Josiah,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. As of After Effects’ March 2021 release ( version 18.0 ), pick-whipping between brackets properly preserves all existing brackets and no longer results in an expression that needs correcting. Please let us know if you continue to see any issues with pick-whipping in the expression editor after updating to AE 18.0.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.ug.html

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

15. Drop shadow/stroke not working when 3D mode is enabled on layers

I've successfully tracked a video to add text into it.
    Drop shadow and stroke will not show up unless I turn the 3D layer check box off.

I've added drop shadow as a regular effect and as a layer style.

This has to be a bug of some sort, I've done this many times before.
    I'm working on After Effects 2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AE 2020 - double click on footage opens a blank screen; no roto brush; just a small black frame in the upper corner. Huge issue.

It's a bug, not a feature request - double clicking on footage in a comp opens to a blank white screen with a small black rectangle border in the top left corner, no footage. OSX 10.14.6, Mac Pro 2013, 64GB RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Output profile bug

AE 2020. Renders to Prores HQ with a workspace setting of "Rec.709 Gamma 2.4" produce a file with the incorrect profile "HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235" when read back in, producing a gamma shift with colour management turned on.

Renders to Prores 4444 seem unaffected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. баги в варп стабилайзере

на варп стабилайзере не могу выделять мышкой несколько трек поинтов. выделяющая маска рисуется где то в левом верхнем углу. поправьте плиз этот баг. а то очень неудобно по одной точке выделять с зажатым шифтом((

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG - AE 2020 Viewport glitching out at 100% or less zoom.

The viewport completely glitches out at 100% or less.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE 2020.

Viewport is fine in AE 2019.

Hardware specs:

Mac OS Catalina
    Macbook Pro 16" 2019
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    64GB RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)