After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Moving between screens with different scaling

When click-dragging a property's numerical value (e.g. position or scale), if the mouse cursor crosses onto a screen with a different scaling setting in Windows Display Setttings to the one with AE in it, the value jumps. The bigger the difference in scaling, the bigger the jump.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: White dot/blob appears in 8bpc project

I have encountered a weird bug. First, I thought it was a fault in the project, but today I created a new, blank one, added an empty comp and the white blob is back. It looks the same and its on the same position.
    Since its repeating in a brandnew project, this is likely a bug.

Its only visible in 8bpc projects, all higher bpc, this blob is gone.
    I haven't re-installed AE yet, since its a workplace station and the IT has to do this and also reinstall all plugins. During a working day, thats almost impossible.

Do you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report - Layer/Camera/Link Focus Distance To Layer does not work!

3D Camera 'Link Focus Distance to Layer' does not work. When initially linking the focus distance, it is set correctly. But as soon as you orbit the camera around an orbit null, the focus distance no longer stays locked to the focus layer. Also, and bizarrely, if the orbit null is deleted the focus distance resumes the correct lock. After a lot of experimenting and 2 completely useless and infuriating sessions with Adobe support (Adobe - your tech support sucks - I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with your tech support), I discovered that the problem appears to be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE 2018 Keyboard lag on Mojave

Just bought a new iMac - AE 2018 has a really frustrating keyboard input lag. Even if you type slowly it misses characters as you type (adding text or just using the interface i.e. naming folders, changing values, pressing spacebar etc). It's incredibly frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 16.1 update rendering bug : 1000% speedup on rendered output

idea? NO. this is a bug report.
    a SHOW STOPPER BUG.

renders are now outputting at 1000% percent of the speed of the comps.

for example: a 5 minute output now comes in around 5 seconds.

PULL 16.1 TILL YOU GET THIS FIXED

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this bug report.

Can you share a project file that demonstrates the problem? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, what OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3) What is your hardware configuration?

This is the first report we’ve heard of this problem, so we need to understand your project and configuration in order to investigate.

6. BUG: Right click on image in library closes entire library window

When I right click on an image in the library the entire libraries window closes randomly.

I have testing with adobe stock v non stock, tested in various libraries and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. Sometimes I can get the pop up with additional options, such as find similar etc, but about 70% of the time the entire Libraries window completely closes and I have to re-open, resize etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cineware fix on first start

A lot of time, when I open an .aep file with a .c4d in the project, the cineware plugin have an error. I have to restart AE to work fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adob CC After effects 2019 keeps crashing

So since last week im not sure if this is due to a windows update or something else. But i have been having glitches and crashes in after effects 2019.
    The frist thing is, an imported video turns purple and green, i have tried purging cache, cleaning up the pc, reinstalling after effects, this did not help with it, i have tried changing the renderers. Nothing helps.
    The second thing is, moving a frame or previewing it, leads to crashing after effects. Even making a new composition has the same effect.
    I have no idea what to do, and no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support CUDA Acceleration, for GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP Edition

Hello, I need help since it says in my program (After CC 17) that my video card is not supported (Ge Force GTX 1060 AMP Edition).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unspecified Drawing Error When Text Layer contains Code

When a Text a text layer contains code a message pops up stating "Unspecified Drawing Error" when you close it, it pops up again

I believe that this may be because ae thinks that the text in the text layer is a part of it's own code. but it would be in a string wouldn't it?

Although if the code contains a string of it's own then maybe that's ending the string in AE's code?

attached is the text in the layer that was doing this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

In a quick test, I was unable to reproduce the problem you describe.

Could you provide us with a project file that demonstrates the issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

11. Huge Perfomance Problems with after effects

Since the Update to Adobe CC2019 we have huge perfomance issues with After Effects, every slight render takes forever and even the smalles actions are lagging and dont perform well at all. We got HP Z440 Workstations with Intel Xeon E5-1620 v4 @3.50 Ghz, 64 GB of RAM and an nVidia Qadro M2000 GPU. The interesting thing is that the pc isnt stressed at all, we got 60 gig RAM reserved for AE but it uses only 4 – 6 at a time.Any else got this problem and hopefully a soltion?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic Instanced effects

Example : I copy a blur, or a curve, i paste it on another layer, at this moment, i would want to have a choice betwen "copy" or "intanced" copy.
    Instanced is a automatic link betxen the affects, and of course any modification on my curve will bereported to all instanced copy of it.(like in 3ds max , for example).
    Of cource, a right clic on it can un link it from the others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this suggestion.

Similar functionality exists in After Effects. The Edit > Copy with Property Links (and Copy with Relative Property Links) command will do as you describe.

The Copy with Property Links commands link the pasted effect using expressions. You can use the commands on effects, or just single properties (including transform properties), or even a whole layer.

If there is additional functionality you still desire in After Effects, please elaborate.

13. Unable to interact with other programs

I work on multiple PCs where this has happened. There are some times when I'm working in CC2019 that I'll try to interact with another window (a Chrome window, Premiere, etc) and won't be able to. I will only be able to interact with After Effects. The only way for me to fix this is to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. After that, I have functionality in all my programs again. This only seems to happen when I'm using After Effects. None of the other programs do this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC2019 Expression controls don't work in Motion graphics templates exported to Premiere Pro

Very annoying bug : I cannot use any of the expression controls added to the Essential Graphics Panel when using the template in Premiere Pro CC 2019. The controls are there but nothing happens when I change their value.
    The attached projects shows a very simple case. The template just generates a solid overlay with a simple control to adjust its position.
    When the position is controlled by an expression control, it does not work in Premiere.
    When the position is controlled by anything else (the anchor point of a Null, for example), it works correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

There was no file attached to the report. Can you please post a link to a download of the After Effects project or a screenshot of the project that identifies that properties and expressions in use? Since UserVoice does not allow attachments in comments, post either a link to a file share (Dropbox, etc.) or re-file the bug with an attachment to the original post.

15. [Bug] When layer with a mask has scale keyframes, when click and drag to move layer it selects mask points instead

It's a bug that needs fixing

Here's a gif to show behaviour https://gfycat.com/CavernousLeanDrever

It only occurs when there's scale keyframes on the layer, if removed then it works fine

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for providing a screen capture of the problem.

I’m not able to reproduce this issue with a simple test. It will help if you could provide us a project where the problem occurs.

Please post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, please tell us:
    - Do you use a pen tablet (i.e. Wacom or other brand) , mouse, or other pointing device?
    - What version of After Effects are you using? The specific version from the About After Effects dialog, please. ex., After Effects 16.0.1
    - What…

16. Shift canvas to center based on layer / focus on selected layer / center view port

This may already exist but I cannot find it. Imagine a precomp larger than the final aspect ratio/output settings, and with many layers that require detail work. Rather than space/handing around the composition, it would be nice to use a quick key to move the entire composition so the selected layer/content was centered in the view port. Like selecting an object in CInema 4D and pressing O to bring it front and center.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

In the View menu, the Look At Selected Layers and Look At All Layers command do something similar to what you describe. More information on these commands:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/cameras-lights-points-interest.html#adjust_a_3d_view_or_move_a_camera_light_or_point_of_interest

Note that you must have a camera in the composition for these commands to work.

The keyboard shortcut F is defined by default for Look At Selected Layers (alternately, Option + Shift + Command + \ on macOS, Alt + Shift + Control + \ on Windows). You can customize this in the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Does this meet your needs, or is there different functionality you would like to see?

17. Bug copying/pasting position data from face track to a null

This is a bug where copying the mask motion data from face tracking and pasting it into the position of a null causes the application to crash.

This is a repeatable event, please fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

In simple tests, I was unable to cause a crash by copying the Mask Path property of a face-tracked mask to the Position property of a null layer.

Can you provide us with a project, with footage, that reproduces the problem?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug Report: AE crashes each time I open a project converted from an older version

I get the rainbow death wheel on my Apple laptop and need to force quit AE. When it occasionally works, the program won't save or export anything through the render queue. This only happens in projects that were overwritten from previous editions of AE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Crashing Report] After Effects crashing after any modifications on project

After doing any modification on any layer, specially on effects (more specifically: stroke effect), after effects crashes then comes back with no modification made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base