After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy plugins and scripts to a newer AfterEffects version when I update

Whenever I update my Adobe applications I would like them to look in the script and plugin folders and copy them over to the newer Aftereffects scripts and plugin folder. If you want this to a creative cloud where in as the product is syncing everything at the least sync the old plugins and the scripts to the newer Aftereffects. Even if there are places where the plugins and scripts might break but I at the least I will know and contact the developers about it.

56 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updated Flowchart View

With the advent of Master Properties and Data-based footage, a refreshed Flowchart View would be a welcome update to help us manage the piping, parenting and referencing that is now possible with the bi-directional push and pull flows of information between Comps and Precomps.

This is NOT a request for node-based compositing, but rather a node-based viewpoint that can allow us to organize and unravel comps that can quickly become much more complicated.

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit/finishing timeline within After Effects.

I've use AE as a finishing tool for about 10 years and have finished thousands of commercials within in it with clients in the room. It has the potential to be a world class finishing system up there with Flame/Smoke/Nuke Studio. All it needs is an option for a new non-linear timeline much like what is found in Premiere and that plays back from disk as I mentioned here https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/35022373-disk-playback-instead-of-ram I see this as an addition to the layered timeline, not to replace it. It wouldn't need a ton of edit features just so long as we can drop traditional…

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It´s 2018!!! - So we need a real 3D Engine/Workflow inside of After Effects!

8 years ago i asked here for a real 3D engine inside of After Effects to not loose ground against other compositing tools - my advice was to invest in Cinema4D. And yes, you did something like that but you made only a link between that tools - but that is by far not enough!!!

In 2018 even 399€ gimmick tools like "Hitfilm Express" have more advanced 3D engines than After Effects and therefor no one use After Effects in the movie-business anymore.

Its realy a shame that even beginners and hobbiest can´t do there simple 3D comps without an…

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to quantize keyframes when time stretching with Alt key

Time stretching with the Alt/Opt key is a great way to quickly adjust the length of an animation, but it almost always leads to subframe positioning of keyframes. There are plenty of scripts out there to fix the results of this problem (I use KEYboard), but it would be great if we could avoid this problem all together by holding the Shift key after we start Alt+Dragging. Shift would be in line with the existing behavior of snapping keys to other keys, layer in/out points, and marke

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Node-based UI for effects.

A node based environment, should be implemented esp for basic tasks like applying the same effect to multiple layers, alpha mattes, value parenting (like the current pick whip in the expression options), Anything that you can currently do using an adjustment layer (but would be selective), I'm sure many more uses. You could use it in tandem with the layer system, but would be an easy way to do these kind of tasks without copying and editing multiple instances of the same thing.

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow overscroll in the timeline panel

Currently the timeline panel stops vertically scrolling when the lowest layer reaches the bottom of the panel.

I'd like to suggest adding an option / preference to allow 'overscroll' in the timeline panel so that the lowest layer can be viewed above the bottom of the panel.

The primary reason for the request is that it gets a bit fiddly working on the lowest layers, and having the extra working space would make it more comfortable to interact with them.

In practice this could be very similar to the 'overscroll' option in Photoshop preferences (Preferences > Tools > Overscroll).

A…

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pin Layer like "freeze row" works in a spreadsheet, to keep it at the top or bottom/always visible

I would like to be able to "Freeze" a layer in the composition panel, similar to how freeze rows works in spreadsheets, where it essentially "pins" the row to the top or bottom of the document. Or in this case, it would stay at the top or bottom of the comp window. Everything else continues to scroll normally "beneath" it.

This would be a massive help for those projects many layers deep but you need to routinely focus on one or more particular layers while moving up and down though other layers and properties.

It would also be a big…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Swap Footage Source with Essential Graphics/Master Properties

We should be able to create a photo or footage layer as a "placeholder" and replace the source of the layer with photo/footage after creation.

This is really the only thing keeping me from using mogrts in projects, I need the ability to change keyframed photos and footage used in the template.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multi-core processing

My company is working on the cutting edge of 6K+ stereoscopic 360 VR. We have gone through great lengths to purchase the most powerful PCs available on the market for the sake of faster performance. Unfortunately we're faced with the bottleneck of your software not utilizing this modern technology. Simple tasks are literally taking days, and at times weeks because of this. At all times, Windows Task Manager is showing After Effects utilizing less than 10% of both CPU and GPU. We have spoken at length with multiple reps from Adobe, Mocha, After Effects and Microsoft to confirm our settings…

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. copy paste keyframes of multiple layers at the same time

in Ae, you can't copy/paste properties of different layers at the same time, it will intuitively duplicate your layers as a result.

you can do this using scripts:
    https://aescripts.com/paste-multiple-keyframes/
    https://conigs.com/tools/key-cloner/

this should be native.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a unique identifier to properties (and layers) accessible via the scripting API

When scripting, we sometimes have to be able to "store" a property to do something later with it ;
    For example, very often, scripts use the "comment" property of the layers to store data like this.

The problem is: there are only three ways to get a property:
    - the matchName, but there can be a lot of properties with the same matchName
    - the name, but it can be changed by users, so it is not reliable
    - the index, which can be changed by users too.

This is very problematic, especially for Effects, or Shapes content, and the…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Separate the timeline and the curve editor

It would be really helpful to be able to animate seeing both at the same time...

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bits per pixel depth appied per comp vs globally

It would be great to have pixel bit depth editable on a per comp basis rather than a global project-wide preference. This would be similar to the preference to appoint different 3D renderers and color spaces to comps.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to choose which font After Effects uses to replace "missing" fonts.

It would be great to be able to choose which fonts After Effects uses to replace "Missing" fonts when a project is opened. Indesign has this feature already for a point of reference.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Motion path bezier handles

Fix the way motion path bezier handles work so it is more intuitive.

No After Effects I don't want these two keyframes which are right on top of each other to move. I Just want them to hold in the one position.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/li3eC

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. auto save during inactivity

It would be great if auto-save had to option to save when x minutes of inactivity have occurred. Setting it to save every 20 minutes or so just interrupts workflow and always seems to happen at the most annoying moment.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use shapes or masks for text box

A way to customize the shape of paragraph text, similar to how you can have text fill a shape in other Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
    This would be an improvement over exporting from one of those programs into AE because you could then edit and/or animate the text easily.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base