After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suavização

Meu After Effects CC 2017 não suaviza minhas animações com o editor gráfico oque fazer?????

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have a probleme with composition panel

I installed after effects cc 2019 trial version a day ago, it worked fine. But today, I launched it and open an existing project but nothing appear in composition panel. How can I fix this ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to see bounding box around selected object

it seems to be happening on seemingly random occasions. I defiantly have the composition selected. It's only one of the compositions in the project. I can select the a layer in the timeline window and can manipulate it with the sliders. I can even click on the particular layer in the composition window and drag it around but there's no selection bounding box around it. For instance the yellow layer is selected which is the television in the composition window but there's no scaling bounding box (whatever it's called)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

In your screenshot, I can see that the Toggle Mask and Layer Path visibility button at the bottom of the Composition panel is disabled. This usually indicates that the View > Show Layer Controls option is disabled. (Though the layer controls can be customized via View > View Options.)

If you enable one or both of those options, does the bounding box return?

4. Paint on a transparent layer

It would be really nice to be able to paint on a transparent layer, for many reasons.

The work around is horrendous and insufficient.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Videos export darker than project

Every time I export from AE, the videos come out about 10-15% darker than the original. I've tried many different export settings with the same results. If one were to take a video, put it in AE, export it with a rewrap, take the exported video, put it in a new comp, and repeat this several times, the results become very obvious. It's exporting darker every time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video looses thin layer of pixels upon import

I'm loosing a layer of pixels on one edge of my imported video. My only work around for years now has been to export my project, bring it into Premiere, enlarge it 100.4%, and re-export it.

For some reason when I drop in a video into AE, it randomly corrupts one edge of the video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

What codec is this footage? What application or camera created it?

Can you share a sample file with us? Post a link to your file here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

7. Make it possible for some layers to always be visible even when soloing layers

Often times when working on VFX, you're using LUTs or letterbox overlays, or other guide layers which help you work. You're also frequently soloing different combinations of layers.

It's very inconvenient, for example, to solo one layer in your composition only to have your LUT turn off, and have to scroll though this 100-layer composition, to find it and solo it. And then of course when you want to turn soloing off, you have to do the same thing in reverse.

What would be wonderful, is if there was a way of making certain layers exempt from soloing. I can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Timeline keyboard shortcuts from Premiere and FCP7

I'm looking for a function in the Keyboard graphic for-

FIT SEQUENCE INTO TIMELINE - Shift Z
    ADD MARKER - M
    NEXT MARKER - Shift M
    PREVIOUS MARKER - Option M

MARK REGION - Command-Option M immediately after adding a new Marker, positioned at the Playhead further along Timeline. Marker splits to Playhead and defines region interest. Unlike Work Area, these are not volatile; these regions can be stored with the master.

And unless I'm completely missing this...

J-K-L keys for playback control!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Perspective Corner Pin improvement idea

When corner pinning extremely tight objects, it can get quite confusing with everything having a white outline. Can you change the actual corner pin shape to a disimilar color to ease eyestrain and improve workflow when tweaking?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-Parent Selected Layers

You select a bunch of layers, you create a new null, the selected layers are automatically parented to that null.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Just make it FASTER

Just please make it faster. Faster ram preview and faster render. Utilise the hardware that's out there.

I have a 4.2ghz spec'd iMac and when rendering AE is lucky to use 25% of my cpu, let alone no GPU support for anything other than NVIDIA. Quite honestly just MAX my cpu out, and I'll be happy. That's why I bought it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug Report: Crash, when opening a Project, that was created with "collect files"

Hello,

when I'm trying to open a project that was created with the "collect files" option, After Effects opens, freezes (windows says not responding) and then just closes. The project isn't any fancy and doesn't use any plugins, the workspace was reset to standard.

The source-project was created in CC19 and I'm using CC19 as well.

My workaround is creating a new project and importing said "collected" ae-project and I can work with it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report. Sorry to hear that you’ve encountered a problem.

Does this problem repeat if you go back to the original project, collect it again, and try to open the resulting project?

If so, we’d like to take a look at the project files, both the original and the collected version. Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

13. Repel Effect in Particle Playground no working on MAC

Using AE CC 2019, a simple program works on a Windows PC but does not work on a MAC. The Canon should effect the Grid which is does on the PC but not the MAC. After many hours of trying to make it work, I believe the MAC version has a bug and doesn't work properly. I need this to work on my MAC. Any help would be very much appreciated. Here is a link to the project file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bbY_1dLB1GV31LyFtJKnv0ClPmpQsKlx/view?usp=sharing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expression Shortcut

Expression Shortcut Idea:

A shortcut to open the expression would be nice.

Example:
    If I have a position expression on a layer I would normally use the default expression shortcut (Double E). However, it would be nice to have that shortcut (or a new one created). If I select the layer, then push P (to reveal the position) then push Alt + Ctrl+ A (Which will select all properties that are showing). Then, with that property selected, you could then push the double E shortcut to reveal the expression of that property.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this idea.

There is already a shortcut available to add an expression to a selected property: Option + Shift + = (macOS) or Alt + Shift + = (Windows)

The Add Expression command is also available from the Animation menu. The keyboard shortcut can be customized in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Does this do what you are requesting? If not, please clarify what functionality you’d like to see added to After Effects.

15. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

16. After Effects freezes during disk cache purge

Sadly, after AE took up about 99.99% of all my RAM (despite setting "other programs" to use like 16GB of RAM, but AE eventually doesn't care and tries to take it all and - image my shock - throws around error messages), the program froze during a "purge RAM & disk cache" operation.
    Memory management is totally broken in AE (since the early 2000s)
    (v. 16.0.1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preview Does Not Work

I'm having an issue where previewing simply does not work. Sometimes frames will turn green as it plays though, sometimes only one frame will show green at at time. Even if it appears that it's rendering and all keyframes turn green, once it gets to the end of the work area, the green bar disappears completely and it does not play back. I've tried restarting my computer, importing my project into a new file, purging the caches, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. when i try to do this efffect it boggs down my computer

does anyone else have problems trying to do this effect or is it just me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PluDfzBLQg?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support GPU

currently, AE doesn't have support for GPU GT 745M. Could you check this feature.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Puppet Pins via Scripting

Add the ability to properly add pins to a Puppet effect via scripting and/or allow access to the creation point of a pin.

This would be useful for linking pins to existing tracking points. For example, warping a layer to match a complex stretching surface that Mocha would fail to track.

Currently there's no way to adjust the origin of a point, so you have to manually set a point, which is prone to error and time consuming with many track points.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base