After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alpha + RGB is missing!

I don´t know how Adobe where thinking but this in fact risk do harm and damage my business.

Where is the old RGB+Alpha function when rendering AVI and other formats?

Please restore the Alpha render functions in After Effects immediately!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

Nothing has changed in the ability of After Effects to render RGB + alpha channels to AVI or other formats.

As always, the availability of alpha depends on which codec you are rendering to. Not all codecs support alpha channels. Depending on your workflow, you may need to open the Format Options dialog and change the codec you are rendering to.

When rendering to the AVI format, very few codecs support alpha channels. The AVI None (uncompressed) codec does, and is the default format and codec on Windows.

When rendering to the QuickTime format, there are more codecs that do support alpha channels, but not all do. For example, most Apple ProRes codec flavors do not; only ProRes 4444 supports an alpha channel. Other codecs that do support an alpha channel include Animation, GoPro CineForm, and None. Some flavors (“resolutions”) of Avid DNxHR support…

2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video preview overlapping second monitor

I have a Windows 10 machine with a 2-monitor setup. Whenever I enable mercury transmit on the second monitor to use it as a client monitor, it creates a preview that's too large for the screen and extends onto the screen I'm working on. (I've attached a file that shows what I mean.)

I'm working on a Windows 10 Pro machine with 2 Geforce GTX 1080 TIs bridged together. Admittedly, the screens are different resolutions - but that never seemed to affect anything when I used these exact screens with a Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Play background video while moving the Puppet tool (Ctrl)

MAny times the Tracking tool isn't tracking perfectly and we need to move the objects we want to sync, frame by frame.
    This could have been easily fixed if there was an option to play our background video while moving the pin of the Puppet tool by pressing the Ctrl Key.
    This way you could have saved us HOURS of editing by just let us hold and move the objects along with the video.
    Without that option, this feature (of pressing the Ctrl button and animate) is basically useless.

Really hope that you'll make it happen.
    I really think it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easy to get the off-screen window back. This is ******** me reaalll bad!

Make a one or two click solution to get the window to fill the screen.
    PLEASSSEEEEEE!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After Effects is Thinking... Feedback...

I've had this happen several time with complex projects... There is a progress bar that comes up when tasks will take some time. However, I've had several instances where it may take 10 or even 20 minutes of the window sitting and unresponsive where it almost seems like a crash. But then the progress bar shows up and I wait for the rendering. I thought the project was crashing and only found out by mistake when I took a phone call and didn't touch anything and when I came back to the monitor the image was rendered on screen. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable After Effects to run in a Windows Service Enviroment

Enables you to start After Effects in Render Engine Mode as a Windows Service or in a Windows Service environment without Windows login. This allows After Effects to be used with render management programs such as AWS Deadline in a render farm. We also comply with the European DSGVO, as After Effects starts without logging on to Windows and the computer itself can therefore remain password-protected.

Currently, After Effects crashes when, for example, it is executed using the Windows Task Scheduler directly after system start, but without physical user logon.

Informations about RE Mode: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/installing-after-effects-cc-render-engines-with-adobe-creative-cloud/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing Plugin ERROR

Not an idea - but how about a fix for the silly bug which occurs when opening a project with a missing plugin. Fine, I'm opening a project with a missing plugin, not a problem. I accept then prompted and move past the notification, and the project loads. I later come to opening another project in the same session, again I know this has a missing plugin, but instead of prompting me, this now doesn't work. No prompt, therefore the APP totally crashes, none responsive, spinning wheel of death.

I cannot get out of the loop now, and cannot get…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this bug report.

Does the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog appear when this crash occurs? Have you submitted the report, including your email address? If not choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter from inside After Effects. We like receiving crash reports, and prefer that you use the “Always show this dialog” option so that you can fill in the additional information after the crash. When the Adobe Crash Report dialog appears, please ALWAYS provide notes about what you did before the crash occurred. If you have filed the bug on UserVoice, include a link to the report. We also appreciate if you both fill in your email address and check the “Yes, Adobe can contact me” option; you must add these options in order for us to be able to find your reports by your email address in our database, or to contact you to follow up…

10. AE Effects & Presets search bug

Every time i type anything that starts with the letter "e" into the search bar of the effects & presets tab, it glitches out the whole tab and i can't search for or add any effects. I have to completely close and reopen AE to make it functional again. Please fix this as it's annoying to have to restart AE every time I try to search for an effect that starts with the letter E

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUY Boris FX

You could buy this company, such as you have done with Allegorithmic. ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copying a Parented layer with Puppet causes crash

CC2019 (16.0.1 - build 48), MAC OS 10.12.6

Tested on multiple machines and consistently causes save/crash response:
    1. Apply Puppet pins to a layer.
    2. Parent layer to any other layer.
    3. Selecting the layer then attempting to copy (both Command+C and Edit>Copy).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AE Update - Add editable graph editor curve inside all layer properties

In a given project I probably go back to the graph editor 10-20 times to perfect curves until they look perfect to me. The downfall to this is the fact that I have to click and open up the main graph each time to tweak. This idea came to me when I realized that PR has a small graph editor inside the layer itself to avoid opening up another window. It would be a game changer to have a small editable curve inside all layers. Ive attached a quick mock to share a little bit more of my thinking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Report: Color shift on Save Frame As

When I do "Save Frame As" I am getting weird color shifts, crazy amounts of tint and saturation that are not in the comp on the exported jpeg. I have Videocopilot's FX console installed and if I use that to export the exact same frame as a jpeg everything in the resulting jpeg appears as it does in the comp.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vague Alerts & Requests from CC

This is not normal. After Effects CC is requesting access to my contacts. Earlier it wanted write privileges.

Has anyone else seen this?

My CC account is a valid, paid subscription through work. I have the latest version. Nothing is pirated. I am using two plugins, Ouroboros and Animation Composer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. features removed

It is beyond me why Adobe would remove features. In the least there should be an easy work around, and not force you through hoops (re-installing old versions, encoding multiple times, etc.). These are features I have been using for 20+ years and to suddenly remove them is very disruptive. At least provide a conversion app. I think Adobe and Apple are still not getting along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cinema 4D extrude shape crashes AE

I have a shape layer with a fill + stroke, when made 3D in the c4d renderer, AE crashes upon extrusion.

Using AE 16.0.1
    on Mac OS 10.13.6
    macbook pro 15 in 2017 3.1GHZ

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Faulty composition preview

I was working on a project today when the preview window of my composition went completely blank, when I moused over the layers of my composition, the bounding box appeared but the artwork was not viewing. I recall having this problem before and its clearly frustrating to say the least. Several hours of work have been lost.

I reset the preferences with command shift and alt and the composition still won’t view. Other compositions will show. Its just this one that is faulty. I will have to incrementally save from now on to prevent this issue becoming a minor disaster

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base