After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

2. After Effects freezes during disk cache purge

Sadly, after AE took up about 99.99% of all my RAM (despite setting "other programs" to use like 16GB of RAM, but AE eventually doesn't care and tries to take it all and - image my shock - throws around error messages), the program froze during a "purge RAM & disk cache" operation.
    Memory management is totally broken in AE (since the early 2000s)
    (v. 16.0.1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview Does Not Work

I'm having an issue where previewing simply does not work. Sometimes frames will turn green as it plays though, sometimes only one frame will show green at at time. Even if it appears that it's rendering and all keyframes turn green, once it gets to the end of the work area, the green bar disappears completely and it does not play back. I've tried restarting my computer, importing my project into a new file, purging the caches, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. when i try to do this efffect it boggs down my computer

does anyone else have problems trying to do this effect or is it just me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PluDfzBLQg?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. support GPU

currently, AE doesn't have support for GPU GT 745M. Could you check this feature.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create Puppet Pins via Scripting

Add the ability to properly add pins to a Puppet effect via scripting and/or allow access to the creation point of a pin.

This would be useful for linking pins to existing tracking points. For example, warping a layer to match a complex stretching surface that Mocha would fail to track.

Currently there's no way to adjust the origin of a point, so you have to manually set a point, which is prone to error and time consuming with many track points.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add After Effects to the IPad Pro

Since the full version of Photoshop is coming to the IPad Pro, I think it would be good for creatives if After Effects, or a mobile variant of it came to the IPad Pro as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Maintain transparency "is used as a guide layer at the bottom of the layer, I want you to stop specifying that it will not come out by affec

Maintain transparency "is used as a guide layer at the bottom of the layer, I want you to stop specifying that it will not come out by affecting it. (I'd like you to specify the guide layer as an exception)

透明度の維持機能を使った際に一番最下層に何かレイヤーがあると、機能が無効になってしまわないようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to be able to select not only the upper layer but also any layer of the track mat

I want to be able to select not only the upper layer but also any layer of the track mat

It will be more flexible if you can designate it not only for the upper layer but also for any layer

トラックマットの機能を上のトラックだけでなく任意のレイヤーに指定できるようにしてほしい

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to be able to tailor the adjustment layer to a specific layer

I want to be able to apply the adjustment layer only to a specific layer.

I do not want to apply to all the layers below

特定のレイヤーにだけ調整レイヤーの効果を適用させたい。現状だと調整レイヤー下の全てに影響が出てしまう。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rotate Layers in 1/10 of degrees?

1 degree of rotation is quite big in some cases. But to tweak rotation in such small steps, we have to enter the values numeric. That's very inconvenient. Why not add a possibility to interactively rotate in steps of 1/10 of a degree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Comp from Selection Bug - Naming of new comp is different than selection

AE 2019 - When creating comps based off of PSD's that are imported into after effects (footage - merged) we've come across that at a certain point AE will rename the new comp based off of some other composition name in the project. (Eg. It adds S0001.psd into a composition and calls the new comp S0650)

In our workflow we are creating 20-30 of these comps per day so having to manually rename them will add alot of time. Especially when it is meant to work with copying the name of the layer.

I've tried restarting the project and computer,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide us with a project that exhibits this problem? Having it in the “before” state with clear steps to reproduce the problem will help us isolate the cause of the problem. Before/after screenshots would also be appreciated.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

13. keyframes

Save/Set Selection – Illustrator has a (highly under-utilized) "save selection" feature – it would be incredible to be able to do this with both layers and keyframes. It would greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to tweak animations that require many, many layers or sets of keyframes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. configuration error/ error 16

I ha purchase AE cs? and since i installed it my photoshop & after effect when i open program i keep getting error 16 configuration error , but never did that before i have installed after effect. Yes i can re install it but every time i do this i loose all my pre made effects and have to re install one by one all of my files. So how do i fix the ERROR 16 ??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Trapcode Particular "Effects Builder" in crashing Ae.

After Effect 16.0.1 immediately crashes when attempting to open the "Effects Builder" window in Trapcode Particular v2.6.0.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. new layer's length as selected layer!

It is so annoying to have to trim every time you create a new layer to the same length as the layer you'd need, or use plug-ins/scripts for that matter,

would be awesome every time you create a new adj layer, solid etc, length would be the same as the selected layer, not having to trim it all the time, I have to do this all the time atm.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change Labelgroup Selection from Text to "Color" or "Text and Color"

It would be great to have a selection based on colors or colors and text, but only text lets me always search specific colors. i guess it would be much easier for many people to see the colors directly. I work a lot in big comps with a lot layers and comps, so i have to select a lot. Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add the Arabic translation to the education and training section on the website https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/view-all-tutori

I find it difficult to do learning and development because the use of interpretation is very cumbersome

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG - docked extensions cause a crash in AE 2017

Hi there
    this is a repeatable bug - when I install an extension and dock it with my other toolbars, after rebooting after effects eveything looks fine until I open a project or even just click on a toolbar. then i get a windows error dialog and after effects quits. this does not seem to happen if I leave the extension as a floating window.
    I'm running the 2017.2 release for various reasons - 14.2.1.34 on a fresh install of windows 10.
    The extensions I have tried this with are Flow (v1.0.2b) and also the latest version of TimeTracker which…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Time Reverse layer

There is a persisting bug with the 'Time reverse layer' command - often drops first frame, sometimes drops or displays random wrong frame elsewhere in the reversed layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please post a project file with footage that demonstrates this issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base