After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard Shortcut for New Shape Layer

Keyboard Shortcut for Layer > New > New Shape Layer

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard Shortcut for New Shape Layer

Keyboard Shortcut for Layer > New > New Shape Layer

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Layer style: stroke on composition creates strokes on Illustrator layer inside composition

I came across a weird bug in After Effects. I applied a stroke (layer styles) to a composition. That composition contains some shape layers and Illustrator layers.
    The problem ist the following:
    The stroke is correctly applied to the composition, but it generates some weird looking strokes on one of the Illustrator layers inside aswell (check the screenshot). The wrong strokes appear to be on paths inside of an Illustrator layer.

That behaviour seems pretty strange to me.

After long time of trying to solve this, I figured out a workaround:
    Apply a stroke with layer styles to the layer…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I feel like being able to manually edit layer boundaries should be a really basic feature? Why can't I do this?

I realize there are workarounds but it's a pain the bum and doesn't account for only wanting to extend a single edge.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include an option to suppress notifications on the popups for missing frames.

I am aware of the 'report missing frames' toggle in preferences. I find it useful to know when a sequence is missing frames unexpectedly.

However, when troubleshooting or passing around projects, or parts of projects, or recovering projects from backups or archive, it is tedious to have intrusive popups that halt progress popup one after another that for every X applicable image sequence.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lock Animated Properties to adjust entire animations

Currently, if you have an animation on a keyframable transform property, modifying the entirety of that animation involves one of at least three workarounds:

1. Precomp the layer

2. Attach the Layer to a Null

3. Select all keyframes, make sure the marker is on one of the keyframes and then make the adjustment.

This is fine, unless you end up having multiple layers that you need to adjust on the whole while retaining their animations.

For example, let's say I have a falling object that has position and rotation, but I eventually want to use that same object and animation multiple times…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make Z axis not change the size.

I just want to have different layers in a composition at different z axis orders. It changes the size of my layer though which ruins my whole illustration. Why can't I turn off the rescaling? Shouldn't this be a simple option to add?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. duplicate frame

BUG REPORT: After Effects seems to randomly disregard layer order and Z space position, particularly on any camera move, X Y or Z. One kind of fix is to put empty adjustment layers over the artwork layers. Which is so, so far from ideal. Ridiculous.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "incompatible device or old graphics driver" with GTX1070Ti and Studio Driver 442.92

After upgrade to AE 17.0.6 on Win10 1909/18363.815, graphics acceleration died in all Creative Cloud apps. System Compatibility Report shows no issues, cards are fine and work with other 3D apps. Running latest NVIDIA studio driver.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. motion blur

Bug Report:

Motion blur causes odd transparency and layer order issues with objects being blurred seemingly at random. Precomping is no good because it ruins other effects, like Set Matte and continuous raster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Выявлена ошибка: при добавлении эффекта "Пластика" композиция не ставится в очередь на рендеринг в Adobe Media Encoder

При этом невозможно поставить не только композицию в которой применен эффект, но и любую композицию из этого проекта.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG - Audio imported from Premiere reduces levels

Whenever I import audio clips (ctrl+c ctrl+v) from Premiere to After Effects (both CC 2020) the audio levels reduces by more than 20db. So I play on Premiere, peaks at -3. After Effects somewhere like -24.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a plan that packages Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects Audition Illustrator Photo Shop

I want you to make a plan that allows you to make videos at a reasonable price when videos such as Youtube are becoming popular.
    It may be possible to increase the number of Adobe fans by using a single package plan such as the photo plan in which PhotoShop and Lightroom are packaged.

Since the description in the request column is just a request, we would like you to consider it once within the range that Adobe can do.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. label file usage

Many times I'm using hundreds of files and comps. I wish there was some sort of quick visual representation to see if a file has been used once, and multiple times in a comp. Right now, the file MUST be selected to see if it's been used or not. I wish that a colored dot was placed by the file if it was used once, and another color was was represented if it was multiple times.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Link Photoshop metadata to Text layer in After Effects

Chyron Lyric can do this. I'm able to add metadata to a Photoshop file and save i asa JPEG. I can Import that file in Lyric and it will populate the metadata automatically to various layers that I've assigned. I tried it with After Effects. I thought that I could pickwhip my 'Text Source' to a metadata field, but was unable to. We have hundreds of student photos that were animation across the screen. It would be great to hve a comp that was built to recognize the name and school (or other info) automatically without having to type it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After Effects does not quit when Exit is clicked.

AE CC 17.0.6
    Windows 10

When a project is open in After Effects, and I either:
    - click the X on the top right of the window, or
    - go to File, Exit
    it only closes the current project. It doesn't quit out of After Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG REPORT: LIQUIFY+CAMERA TRACK error

Just a follow up to my support ticket n.ADB-12718056-M5P1. I managed to isolate the problem. YOU CAN'T USE LIQUIFY FILTER AND CAMERA TRACK (or warp stabilization) in the same composition (even if applied on different layers). It generates the following dynamic link error: "unable to obtain dynamiclink project".
    If your remove liquify filter everything is ok.
    My system is Windows 10 Pro - 2xCPU E5-2670 - 96GB RAM - NVIDIA QUADRO k5000. To test it, just create a simple composition with any fullHD footage you may have, make a copy of the AVlayer, on the first one apply the liquify…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG REPORT: LIQUIFY+CAMERA TRACK error

Just a follow up to my support ticket n.ADB-12718056-M5P1. I managed to isolate the problem. YOU CAN'T USE LIQUIFY FILTER AND CAMERA TRACK (or warp stabilization) in the same composition (even if applied on different layers). It generates the following dynamic link error: "unable to obtain dynamiclink project".
    If your remove liquify filter everything is ok.
    My system is Windows 10 Pro - 2xCPU E5-2670 - 96GB RAM - NVIDIA QUADRO k5000. Test attached file or just make a new one, just substitute the missing clip with any fullHD footage you may have. This is my first BUG report, do…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. HELP! Real Time Frame Rate Issue

Please see attached video for explanation. I am unsure how to fix this issue

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base