After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Link seems not to work with projects using cineware

When I work on a project using cineware amd I send it via "Add to Render queue" to AME it won't appear in AME. I then have to workaround with rendering an APR out of AE first.
    Dynamic Link on projects without cineware work perfectly.

I work on an iMacPro (2017) with macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
    and AE is Version 17.0.6, AME 14.1 (both on the newest update)

It used to work all well motnh ago. Does anyone have an idea or solution?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. lock effects

I would love it if we could lock effects like we're able to lock layers. I'm currently building templates for our production team, and it would be nice to lock certain effects so they know not to mess with them. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. character panel

Character panel normally shows the preview of the font with the text, "sample". However I have found that after effect is making an error showing a default font instead of selected font. Pleas fix this error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In the color dialogue, automatically select the color picker

When you go to the color dialogue, automatically select the color picker - making any click outside the box into a color selection. How many times have you opened the color dialogue to change a fill or stroke and had to reach all the way over to click the tiny color picker box? All clicks outside the box are null anyway until you select the picker, so they might as well be useful on the first click. When your day is made up of multiple repetitive actions this, you think about these things :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Playback will frequently not work, related to audio drivers somehow

Every once and a while, After Effects will not play back. When the space bar is pressed, the playhead will stay in place - sometimes even go backwards a couple frames. The only way to fix it is to switch audio drivers through preferences, or restart the program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After effect very slow (Sometimes error on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

I have a problem run After effect 2020 (version 17.0.6) on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) with MacOS Catalina ..It too slow until it's not working .. basicly..it cannot workable.

The project that I run and working in ha Adobe Illustrator source and Ai file is big.. so that I know that it will make it slow.. At first I thought that the Ai file is too big. But I try with Macbook pro 13" (2017, Two thunderbolt 3 ports model) and After effects cc 2018 (version 15.0.0) with the same project... surprisingly ,it's run faster and workable (still a bit…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Precomposition shortcut doesn't work

Hi,

I've noticed that the keyboard shortcut for pre-composing items hasn't been working on the Mac for some time now (CMD+SHIFT+C). I have to create another keyboard shortcut to get back to normal use.

Am I the only one in this case?

macOS SIERRA 10.12.6. (build 16G2136).

After-Effects CC 2019 - 16.1.3. (build 5) - (I can't upgrade to the latest version).

Macbook Pro 15" (early 2013)
    2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
    16Go 1600MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 Mo
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536Mo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add end of stroke feathering for shapes.

Add end of stroke feathering for shapes: it would be great to have feathering available for the end of strokes on "Trim Paths" "Dashes" and any other stroke.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Choppy playback when viewer window is maximized

Playback is choppy when I maximize the composition viewer's window. But smooth when not maximized. Doesn't make any sense!

Any way to fix this? Purging all the memory caches doesn't help.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014, macOS 10.15.4
    After Effects 17.0.6

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. having a lag

I have a lag while I previewing my videos at after-effect and I tried every tip I found during my research on a solution but it doesn't work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe to release a version of AE without major bugs

It would be great if Adobe could address the issues that users have been complaining about for years before releasing an incomplete programme. Like in the CS days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. disable motion blur for transparency

If I keyframe from 100% opacity to 0%, I don't want ghost frames of 50% opacity. Motion blur needs some serious fixes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio output unsupported. Aftereffects completely disabled.

I have a 2019 Mac pro. In It I have installed an Allegro USB card from Sonnet. My USB compatible speakers are plugged into that card.

Aftereffects will not play back ANYTHING, if AE has those speakers setup for audio output.

FIX THIS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG REPORT: Motion blur ruins layer order and position

Toggling motion blur completely ruins position and layer order in animations. Attached is the scene with and without motion blur toggled.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. can y'all PLEASE give us a 75% scaling viewport option in a future release? many times, that jump between 50% and 100% just ain't right no m

can y'all PLEASE give us an After Effects 75% scaling viewport option in a future release? many times, that jump between 50% and 100% just ain't right no matter what

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable Effect During Render

So currently in Adobe After Effects 2020 (17.0.0+) there is no disable effect during the rendering. I wanted to add this as an idea to better help a lot of editors who have time pressure, right now I am rendering an edit which has very heavy effects. One effect is called "DEFlicker High" it removes all the lightning flickering in a single video file. But now when I am rendering it I am noticing how it takes about 3x the time it would take without the effect, and I don't see this as an mandatory effect. Now after 6 hours…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG REPORT: Motion blur on precomps causes layer order issues

The character's left (screen right) arm is below the body, but when motion blur is on it completely changes the layer order for the duration of the camera move. This can't be by design, because it's absolutely, unusably bad. The only way I've found to fix this recurring problem is to put empty adjustment layers between every single artwork layer.

This was a problem in 2018 and 20119 too. Please fix your software.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Apply Colour LUT and Point Cloud Tracking (Camera Tracker/Warp Stabilizer)

BUG: Apply Color LUT and Point Cloud Tracking (Camera Tracker/Warp Stabilizer) results in error.

Whenever there is any instance of the Apply Color LUT effect active in a project, whether a LUT is selected or not, applying Warp Stabilizer or 3D Camera Tracker to ANY layer in ANY composition results in error message "unable to obtain dynamic link project" when starting analysis.

Tested with various footage types and comp settings/sizes in 8 and 16 bit modes.

AE Version: 17.0.6

Ryzen 3700X, RTX2070S, 32Gb 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Glitch frames in GPU render + Motion Blur

Hi team,

I encountered an issue today where an existing project wouldn't playback nor would it render properly when motion blur + GPU Metal are both turned on. Switching to Use Mercury Software Only fixes the issue but slows down the workflow.

iMac 2019
    8 COre i9
    Vega 48
    128GB RAM
    2TB SSD
    Blackmagic eGPU Pro

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG - Media Encoder v 14.1 cannot load projects with third party plugins???

When we use "Export to Media Encoder" in After Effects v 17.0.6 the sequence doesn't appear in ME v14.1. If we try to open the "tmpAEtoAMEProject.." file in the AME folder with ME v14.1, we get "The project could not be opened" message. We can load it in ME v13.1.5 and render no problem. We're not the only one with this problem. What have Adobe changed here...?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base