After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IDEA: NODES: Interactive Diagram

After Effects has a useful diagram, but this is only for knowing the compositions and their sub-compositions. You could use this current tool for developing a complex interactive node system for working with both layers and nodes simultaneously, for both general compositions and specific effect adjustements.

TKS

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using same variable in two different master properties cause crash CC2019 v16.01

I have a master comp with to sub comps consisting of three text layers each. The two sub comps are lower thirds left and light aligned, but there are three hidden text layers for input from Essential Graphics and I want to link the content of these to both left and right comps respective Master Properties.
    Once I try to add the variable from the master comp to the second comp's master propert and change the check box value from off to on After Effects crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

It would be helpful if we could inspect your project file to see exactly what is happening. We only need the .aep file, not any source media.

Post a link to your file here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Master Properties & Scripting Bug - randomly changing properties even when keyframed

AEP Setup: A large number of instances of a comp rigged with Master Properties. set up to randomly (and persistently) select between a number of face illustrations, all with 3 checks (or x's). In the comp containing the instances, scale, rotation & position, and 3 Check MPs are controlled via expressions that use luminance of another layer to control a size bump & a wave where all the X's turn into checks.

Problem: Even when keyframed and with expressions disabled, some checks flicker back and forth between checks & x's. Problem can be seen starting at 0:00:27:03 in the 'Where…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto save that doesn't crash the app

Auto save is a consistent pain in its inconsistency. If working with cameras and lights it simply crashes. Instead of helping maintain productivity, it wastes 20 minutes, and when it happens 20 minutes later, that's 40 minutes I won't get back today. Fed up with these bugs that never get fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Scale-Behind" tool

Sometimes I want to adjust the fill of a layer without adjusting the mask I've drawn. Move Behind tool works well, but I'd love a Scale Behind tool.

Ultimately, I'd love it if masks worked like Layer Masks in PS. The ability to link or unlink transforms.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add separate dimensions capabilities to group transform properties

add separate dimensions capabilities to group transform properties

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IMPROVE MASTER PROPERTIES (GENERAL NON DESTRUCTIVE WORKFLOW)

After Effects has great options for realizing a non destructive workflow, but when you have many layers, it is difficult for you to maintain a certain order. The new master properties are great for resolving that and for having a even more non destructive workflow.

On the other hand master properties should improve a lot if they want to be as useful as node based workflow.

ADOBE, you could use both layer based and node based workflows. Cinema 4D has this kind of combination. I think the best workflow is use the bests of both two worlds....

Or maybe not,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug - Stroke Width

If you enter text into the stroke width in the toolbar and hit enter, the text box stays selected though the UI no longer shows it that way. If you then hit 0 to preview, you'll make your stroke 0 and have no idea why they're gone or why nothing is previewing. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort by numbers in Project pane

When image sequences and stills are imported they should be sorted by name and number. Furthermore if images and image sequences are named with numbers first, the sorting is not logical. See attached screenshot showing the issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report: 'CC Composite' has an offset in AE CC2019

In specific cases, the "CC composite"-effect works differently in CC2018 then in CC2019. In most cases, you won't see a difference, but combining certain blurs on multiple layers gives the CC composite a bit of an offset to the upper left.

Let me give an example: A simple comp with three layers. The two upper ones are adjustment layers. The bottom one is a black solid.

• The top adjustment layer has an opacity of 50% and has a "CC Composite" effect on it

• The middle adjustment layer has an opacity of 1% and has a "Fast Box Blur" with a…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. *********IMPORTANT:https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

But NO as another app. It needs to be an improved version of Lumetri modules of After Effects and Premiere Pro, because of the Adobe fluid (non destructive) workflow. It has more sense than developing another kind of Speed Grade as another one app:(. All in one is really better ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you please test and confirm if NVIDIA 940MX is supported by After Effects?

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Device: GeForce 940MX/PCIe/SSE2
    Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 391.25
    Total Memory: 3.96 GB
    Shader Model: 4.0 or later

CUDA
    Driver Version: 9.1
    Devices: 1 (GeForce 940MX) (unsupported)
    Current Usable Memory: 3.33 GB (at application launch)
    Maximum Usable Memory: 4.00 GB

It is showing that it is unsupported but my processor is starts running once I open After Effects. Could you please test and confirm if this is supported by After Effects?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

What type of support are you requesting?

After Effects supports Nvidia, AMD, and Intel graphics chipsets for Mercury GPU acceleration. (Enabled in Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects.) We have not specifically tested or certified the GeForce 940MX chipset, but it should meet requirements. If you can not set the project to use Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA), install the latest drivers from the Nvidia web site. (This is assuming that you are using Windows. CUDA is not supported by After Effects on macOS, but Metal and OpenCL should be available.)

The Ray-traced 3D renderer (Composition Settings > 3D Renderer) has been deprecated as of After Effects 16.0 and will be removed in a future release. We no longer certify cards for compatibility with this feature, and recommend that you use the CINEMA 4D renderer instead.

14. Add metadata back in to project files

After Effects used to add in a "CreatorTool" to the xmp metadata in the project file (eg. "<xmp:CreatorTool>Adobe After Effects CC 2018 (Windows)</xmp:CreatorTool>").

This is really useful for finding out the version of AE the project was created in, so the correct version can be opened (especially when coding). This also displayed data in Adobe Bridge that's now missing.

Any reason why this was removed in CC 2019? Can we have it back?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hard lock on previewing comp

Attempting to preview a 1080p comp with a couple 3d layers and effects, and After Effects locks up completely while generating a humongous crash log without offering a dialog to close the program. I need to kill the process in Task Manager in order to shut down. I submitted a crash report on the one time I received the proper dialog, but have more (5-10 GB) crash logs should they be useful.

Running latest version of AE on Windows 10, Nvidia 970GTX with updated drivers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. #ProjectGoodBones

ProjectGoodBones

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug with several layers with mask or shape

When I do several layer with mask, or serverals shapes layer :

The paths of the different layers hide each other

The presence of two layers causes displacements of the paths

I did the last updates.
    Ae works on windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. #ProjectFastmask

IT COULD BE AWESOME :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. vertically zoom on waveform

Sometimes when using high-bass songs the audio waveform just turns into a block, so to vertically zoom on it will show further details on the waveform in order to see different beats.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this feature request.

In After Effects, you can vertically zoom the waveform by placing the mouse cursor underneath the waveform (the cursor icon will change to a vertical double-arrow), and then clicking and dragging.

Does this meet your need, or do you want different functionality in After Effects. If so, please elaborate.

20. After Effects error: internal verification failure {no current context}

After Effects error: internal verification failure {no current context}

Error appears as I am trying to complete the beginner tutorial within AE followed by this error message:

After Effects can’t continue: very unexpected uncaught exception while application running

I have the latest AE version (16.0.1)
    Mid 2015 MacBook Pro
    2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
    RAM is 16 GB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base