After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Essential Graphics

Bug in essential graphics window when you use it with alot of lines, there is a bug that line cover other lines. It a problem of 4K screens with upscale for the text in the graphics card.
    The text can understand and it almost from the first version that you insert it to after effect.
    Please Please fix this Annoying Bug

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Essential Graphics

Bug in essential graphics window when you use it with alot of lines, there is a bug that line cover other lines. It a problem of 4K screens with upscale for the text in the graphics card.
    The text can understand and it almost from the first version that you insert it to after effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Essential Graphics

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug when importing a Premiere sequence with Crop effect

I found that that every time I import a Premiere sequence, AE will import the sequence and all respective footage, markers, etc correctly, but if the sequence includes any Crop effects from Premiere, AE will report an unknown error.

If I open that imported sequence in AE, I see all the respective layers from Premiere, but no image forms in the viewport. It's as if all layers were at 0% visibility, and this cannot be fixed. The only solution is to go back to Premiere and delete the crop effect before importing to AE.

I recently had a project where…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ram preview won't play

Whenever I turn on/off my bluetooth headset, my RAM previews no longer play back. I can see the green bar progressing, but nothing updates in the Comp window. When I hit "space" or "0" nothing happens. Then, if I go to Preferences > Audio Hardware and change the output to my speakers or back to the newly turned on bluetooth, everything works fine again. I've also had it when I didn't change anything with my audio devices and the previews stop working, but going to Audio Hardware and just clicking back and forth on options there usually fixes it.

Windows…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lumetri Color copy/paste between Ae and Pr

Being able to copy/paste Lumetri Color settings between After Effects and Premiere would be a huge time saver. Likewise, having the same Lumetri panel and scopes in After Effects as in Premiere would definitely make things easier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [BUG] Auto-Save stops working if AE fails to delete the previous auto-save

There's a bug with After Effects where, if for any reason, After Effects fails to delete an older auto-saved file, the auto-save feature just stops working, and no new auto-saves are created.

In my case, AE failed to delete the older auto-save cause it was locked by Perforce.

This should NEVER be the case. After Effects should warn the user it could not delete the auto-save (which it already does. That's good), but it should never stop doing further auto-saves after that.

Auto-save should always work, regardless of what's going on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 'View layer controls' is annoying. Sometimes layer controls are on sometimes off. 'layer controls always on' in preferences please!

options to view layer controls are sometimes off sometimes on. You have to switch them on manually per composition which is mildly annoying. It would be great if there was an option in the preferences to select that all compositions should have the layer control options ON.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Composition settings specify end frame

In Composition Settings: add field to specify End Frame, which calculates the Duration automatically. Time-saver for creating fixed-length compositions that are part of a larger project, or for adjusting pre-comps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Game Golf GPS Rangefinder

Hello everyone,

on my Ionic I downloaded the game golf GPS Rangefinder App. This was also not a witch's work the transmission ran one-way. I have made the necessary settings (all). Now I have searched and found my golf course. Then comes a button to load Tracker. One Info says that it could take about 5 minutes. Even after a very long wait, the golf course is not transferred. The question I'm asking myself now is, why not?

My smartphone (Lumia 950XL with Windows 10 Mobile) is connected to the Ionic via Bluetooth. In addition, the Ionic is also connected…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to import dae and fbx files without cinema 4d like can be done in Photoshop. This will assist in the publishing of Video Novels.

If After Effects can import dae and fbx like Photoshop can Adobe will then become the leader in Video Novel publishing. If Adobe management is wondering what the **** they are going to do with Fuse and Mixamo then they should look at Video Novel publishing. They could be the leaders in this new and exciting visual medium.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to import dae and fbx files without cinema 4d like can be done in Photoshop. This will assist in the publishing of Video Novels.

If After Effects can import dae and fbx like Photoshop can Adobe will then become the leader in Video Novel publishing. If Adobe management is wondering what the **** they are going to do with Fuse and Mixamo then they should look at Video Novel publishing. They could be the leaders in this new and exciting visual medium.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Layer Styles Blend modes not working correctly

When choosing Inner Shadow or Drop Shadow Layer Style, the screen Blending Mode is not working as it should. Screen acts like Darken or Multiply. Color Dodge etc is also not working as it should.

Viceversa, all darken Blend Modes do not work with Inner Glow. Multiply acts like Screen here.

I don't think this is intended behaviour. Although Shadows are usually meant to darken the underlying colors, when I choose Screen it should be Screen. If I want Multiply it should be Multiply.

There are presets available that use Inner Shadow with Screen and it is a pity that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. tmpAEtoAMEProject

Leftover files create when exporting from AE to ME starting with "tmpAEtoAMEProject-". These files stay there even after the ME queue is cleared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a 'Send Dynamic Link Comp to Premiere' function

Kind of an inverse of Premiere's 'Replace with After Effects composition' I'd love a way to take the AE comp I'm working in and just send it into Premiere as dynamically linked, without having to go to Premiere, find the AE project in the Media Browser, navigate through the project, find the comp, and import the comp.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Being Able to Move around Composition by nudging arrow keys

When I am zoomed in and trying to move around the Comp, it would be good if there is an option to nudge as my trackpad only zooms in and out of the composition. When I am zoomed in doing detailed work, its hard to switch to the hand tool and I might need to move around without pressing down the Spacebar

Many thanks :)
    After Effects Rocks !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects 2019 error on exit

After effects error: string memory leak (83::2)
    I get this message on exit.
    I'm on windows 10, after effects 2019

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AE fields interpretation looks jagged on static type in the viewport.

This is a strange issue I encountered in AE 2020 (17.0.1) AE 2019 (16.1.1).
    Sometimes I need to check copies of TVC's I rendered with AME for Broadcast.
    They are usually MXF OP1a (Codec: XDCAMHD 50 PAL (4:2:2). Field Order Upper First).
    When I drag those MXF files into After Effects, they are automatically interpreted UFF (Remove Pulldown Off) and I tick Preserve Edges for best quality.
    The Problem is, that static type always has slightly jagged edges. If I turn the interpretation to "off" (like it should be with progressive footage) everything looks smooth. Is this a bug or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send Markers to Parent Comp

I would like to send markers set in a Layer (which is a PreComp) to the Composition it is referring to. Just te other way round than 'update Markers from Source', the feature should name 'send Markers to Source'.

In this way it is easier to create complex music synced animations with a lot of precomps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding time audio units into After effects, for grester control while trying to create animations to music.

It would be really good if the Time Audio Units function in premiere could be added into after effects. I find it really frustrating that you're not able to accurately move music or layers to within milliseconds of each other. Unless you're lucky and the music happens to fall within milliseconds of a frame, text or other animations are always slightly off beat. Using dynamic link or other hacks using premiere are just too long winded. I'm really surprised this isn't already a feature in AE.
    I hope my explanation is clear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base