After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Double clicking keyframe in timeline does not open keyframe properties

When double clicking a keyframe in the timeline the keyframe properties do not open, only the keyframe is selected. You need to manually right click and edit the keyframe to change values.

This issue only started when updating to AE Version 17.1.3 (Build 41) on Windows 10.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access text properties (kerning, font size, leading, etc) via scripting

Access text properties (kerning, font size, leading, etc) via scripting
    We need more access to text properties via scripting. It will be helpful to change, for example, the font size of a text layer via scripting, that way the textbox stay the same size becouse right now I can only change the scale of the layer and it changes all proportions of the layer (height and with in pixels, size of the textbox).
    If we can access to that properties via scripting we can let all LayerObject attributes the same (textboxes, width, height, scale) and only change font size, leading,…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG REPORT: preview playback will not stop

When playing preview by pressing the spacebar or using the preview panel it does not stop by pressing the spacebar again and the interface is unresponsive. (CC 20 - v17.0)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compatibility issue - MacBook Pro 16 - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

I'm using a MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB, and there appears to be a compatibility issue between AE and the graphics card. My composition window is completely distorted with horizontal lines running through it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Interpret footage bug

AE2020, Mac i7:

1. There is an asset in project encoded with Apple ProRes 422 LT movie with assigned profile HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235.

2. This is incorrect so user selects Interpret Footage.

3. User sets color management to sRGB working space.

4. Closes and saves file.

5. Reopens file and the asset has gone back to the old profile again, HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Real-time playback improvement needed

When I try and load up a section of a composition to preview it doesn't play back smoothly even after it is cached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: TSV data no longer exporting .mogrt / read by Premiere

I no longer get a pop up warning me that AE is needed to run the .mogrt in Premiere with the TSV data...
    The data is no longer read in Premiere, which it was before the last "upgrade"
    Is there any troubleshooting tipd for TSV based expressions in mogrts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How can I get your help during this period?

I hope to develop a plug-in for stitching panoramic materials. How can I get your help during this period?

Elly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change camera controls back to the mouse, please!

The Camera controls trough the three buttons of the mouse provided an amazing workflow for setting the camera moves.

The recent upgrade of AE i did now doesn´t have the Camera Tool anymore, instead, is divided into three different functions; "Orbit Around Scene Tool, Pan Under Cursor Tool and and Dolly Towards Cursor Tool".

By doing this change the workflow has become WAAAY slower for me, since i have to keep hitting C to change between tools.

These three functions used to be accessible through the three buttons of the mouse, and it was so much intuitive and easier to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [BUG] ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit Export fail

1. Export ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit with no Alpha, but "premuliplied" setting

2. Import the Rendering back into AE.

3. Playback reports error. Video is black.

Workaround: Set the output alpha to "straight" even though there is no alpha channel.

:(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DNx Export Data flagging bug introduced in 17.5.1

17.5.1 has introduced a bug where DNxHR/HD HQX, HQ, SQ & LB MOVs are being incorrectly interpreted by DaVinci Resolve as Full when they should be Video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. double clicking keyframe is broken for audio

since updating 2020 double clicking keyframe on audio or change value from right click option is broken

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drop shadow/stroke not working when 3D mode is enabled on layers

I've successfully tracked a video to add text into it.
    Drop shadow and stroke will not show up unless I turn the 3D layer check box off.

I've added drop shadow as a regular effect and as a layer style.

This has to be a bug of some sort, I've done this many times before.
    I'm working on After Effects 2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Output profile bug

AE 2020. Renders to Prores HQ with a workspace setting of "Rec.709 Gamma 2.4" produce a file with the incorrect profile "HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235" when read back in, producing a gamma shift with colour management turned on.

Renders to Prores 4444 seem unaffected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One AE file can be edited by 2 or more person real time.

I work in a company and we mainly use After Effects for production. There are times that we need to produce a lot of videos that are separated in different compositions and in a very tight deadline. We can't help each other since it is not feasible to work in one AE file with 2 or more persons using it. Is there a way that this can be possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. can't render in OS X Terminal with AE CC19

Just upgraded today and get an error when I try to render through the Terminal, attached. I don't know how to evoke a different engine and have never had to before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this report.

Your screenshot shows that you are launching After Effects 15.1.2, but asking it to open a project saved by After Effects 16.0.1.

You can resolve this by one of two methods:
    1. Use the command line to launch After Effects 16.0.1 (aka After Effects CC 2019).
    2. From After Effects 16.0.1, choose File > Save As > Save A Copy As CC (15.x), and render from that project file using After Effects 15.1.2.

17. Display color management

You could add the same new Premiere Pro color management in After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request. Can you please clarify what you would like to see added to After Effects? Please post that as a new request. This one has been closed as Resolved.

After Effects has supported display color management for many years. More information is available on this page:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/color-management.html#enable_or_disable_display_color_management

A difference between how Premiere Pro and After Effects use display color management (DCM) is that After Effects has a fully configurable color management pipeline, whereas Premiere Pro uses DCM but does not allow you to configure a project working space. In order to enable display color management, you must choose a project working space in After Effects. (Project Settings > Color) Once a project working space is set, DCM is enabled in After Effects.

Under the hood, Premiere Pro currently assumes Rec. 709 for most color management tasks. This is a simplification of what actually…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base