After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BUG: AE 22.5.0 (Build 53) Export Error.

Camera Lens Blur without a Blur Map layer set up crashes on rendering.

Reports an Error(Code 19969) quits rendering, viewports dark, have to restart.

AMD Theadripper, 64GB Ram, 2xRTX2080ti, SSD's etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix After Effects V22.5 Mask pen tool please

Pen tool only put the first point and then nothing, cant mask. please! its a professional soft, test before public a new update....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. F9 no longer cycling through ease

After updating to 22.5.0 F9 no longer cycles through easing. It will work initially in setting "easy ease". But pressing it again no longer cycles to "rove across time" or no ease. This means there is no way to turn off the ease unless I use the graph editor. I've always been able to do this until the update. Please fix this bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shatter Effect Performance V22.5.0

Having major issues with V22.5.0 performance when trying to use the Shatter effect

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AE 22.4.0 is horrendously slow

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to say about this other then AE 22.4.0 is EXTREMELY slow in performance all round. I mean the timeline takes forever to cache and render just a single frame for the viewport.

I rolled back to 22.0 and the speed difference is chalk and cheese. 22.0 is an order of magnitude faster.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. FIX TEXT on AE 22.4.0 (Build 56) on MAC 12.4

I think there is a problem with text using After Effects 22.4.0 (Build 56)
    I don't know why but when you type a text and hit the enter key to go to a new line, the last character goes to the other side of the sentence.

I've changed font, compostion, I cleaned cache file, restart the program but nothing change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After Effects v22.3.0 DNxHD Alpha render broken - still not working correctly.

On April 22 I posted that "When rendering to DNxHD on 22.2.0 with an alpha channel, under format the options are None or Uncompressed. Both options work. On the latest release, the options are None or Compressed, if you choose compressed, no alpha channel is created, making it useless for creating titles for Avid. This needs to be3 fixed immediately."

Tom N responded and asked for me to upload some example files. Unfortunately, due to be very busy, before I got a chance to do that, the issue was marked resolved. DNxHD renders out of AE with an alpha channel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Setting camera's iris shape other than fast rectangle halts After Effects

Camera settings with low aperture value like .1 .3 and other than fast rectangle never renders the frame. Fast rectangle renders instantly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug.

I made a quick attempt to reproduce this problem but could not.

Could you please provide us with more info:

• The exact version of After Effects that you're using, from the About After Effects dialog. (Ex., the current public release is 22.4.0 build 56.)
    • The OS and version you're using.
    • A project file that demonstrates the problem OR a specific set of steps that I can follow that causes the problem.
  10. Bug on boot

After Effects is slowly becoming a nightmare to use. I now have to reinstall it after every restart on my Mac as all the plugins become unresponsive. I've tried cleaning Adobe completely but it does the same thing every time I restart.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. *Critical* All Expressions get same error

Every single Expressions I apply throws the error
    "add() needs exactly two arguments"

This is making all work with expressions impossible in 22.4.0
    Will try downgrading...

EDIT:
    Downgrading to 22.3 fixed this instantly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this. Could you please try the latest release of After Effects? The most recent release from last week was After Effects 22.4.

In the past few months there were some bugs where workspaces would not save correctly when restarting After Effects. Apologies for the disruption As of 22.4, all the bugs around this issue that we're aware of have been fixed.

If you're still experiencing a problem, please reply here with more detail so we can investigate. We will need to know:

1. What exact version of After Effects you're using.
    2. What OS you're using.
    3. Any error messages you're receiving.
    4. A description of the behavior. i.e., The steps that you take so we can follow and determine where the problem is.
    5. Screenshots or screen recordings are super helpful for error messages or before/after states.
  13. after effect UI slow

hello

i just purchased a new pc with AMD ryzen 7 4800h 8 cores 16 threads. base clock 2.9ghz boost clock 4.2ghz rtx 2060 6gb 16gb 3200mhz ram dual channel and a 512gb ssd. but in my after effect. there is a lot of lag once the softeware is opened and the 4 sec to 6sec lag before a funtion i pressed is activated is fraustrating. the general lag. please is there a way to resolve this. and a friend system 4th gen i5 8gb ram 500gb hdd intel hd 4500 performs faster in the software ui than mine with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. open multiple comps from render queue again PLEASE!

Selecting more than one comp in the render queue and double clicking no longer opens all the Comps, just one.
    Please ensure this is fixed soon.
    I assume this is a bug, like the Effects panel no longer opening when you double click a layer, and that you will be reinstating some of this basic functionality in the next point updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AE 2022 V22.3.0 does not update layer in composition viewport when transform parameters are changed

In the latest and greatest AE 2022 22.3.0, when I change a layer's Transform parameters, like adjusting rotation for example, the layer does not visually update per the change in view in the Composition viewer. This happens frequently and on a M1 Max MacBook Pro 16" with the latest macOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AE frequently resets preferences upon opening

Ever since the release of AE 22.2, it happens quite frequently to me that AE resets all preferences upon opening it. Maybe something like every fourth or fifth time of opening it (but the frequency seems to vary). Other times, I just get an error message that some preference file contains an expected value (but I don't think it resets all preferences, though).

Is this a known bug? Can I do something about it? There are so many preferences I have to add back every time that I can't really work in these AE versions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BIB Error (83::3) is not letting me work

BIB Error (83::3) is not letting me work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create alpha channel (mask) from shapes

It would be cool if masks could be created from a shape layer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

Could you elaborate on how you would like to create a mask or alpha channel from shape layers?

Using a shape as a mask or an alpha channel is already possible in AE. There are several possible methods, and I'll outline some of them below, but please let us know what you'd like to see that is different.

Method 1: Copy a Beizer shape path to a mask path

1. This only works with Bezier shape paths. If you create a parametric shape path (rectangle, ellipse, star, etc.), right click on the path (e.g. Rectangle Path 1) and choose Convert to Bezier Path.
    2. Twirl open the shape's Path group (e.g. Path 1) and select the Path property.
    3. Edit > Copy or Cmd/CTRL + C
    4. Select the layer you want to add a new mask to, and draw a new mask on it. It doesn't matter…
  19. Bug Report: line spacing weird behaviour / broken in AE 22.2.1

The Line Spacing option from the text tool seems to be broken.It feels a bit like some value is added internally: e.g. spacing value "0" no longer results in several lines of text being on the very same baseline, but instead, it gives me something that I would expect from [value line spacing] = [value font size].

Setting line spacing to "auto" leads to too much spacing, too, especially when using smaller font sizes.

I first noticed this bug earlier this week, maybe last week. Should be around the time of the latest AE update, so I think this specifically…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base