After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Install Script... causes endless window popups, cancel button doesn't work

BUG - After selecting Install Script.. from the menu, an endless amount of popup windows occured. Pressing cancel does nothing. I had to End Process via task manager to stop it and relaunch. Please fix.

AE CC 2019, Win10

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display color management

You could add the same new Premiere Pro color management in After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request. Can you please clarify what you would like to see added to After Effects? Please post that as a new request. This one has been closed as Resolved.

After Effects has supported display color management for many years. More information is available on this page:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/color-management.html#enable_or_disable_display_color_management

A difference between how Premiere Pro and After Effects use display color management (DCM) is that After Effects has a fully configurable color management pipeline, whereas Premiere Pro uses DCM but does not allow you to configure a project working space. In order to enable display color management, you must choose a project working space in After Effects. (Project Settings > Color) Once a project working space is set, DCM is enabled in After Effects.

Under the hood, Premiere Pro currently assumes Rec. 709 for most color management tasks. This is a simplification of what actually…

3. Selected Puppet Pins in 2019 aren't hilighted in the viewer

In 2019, the position puppet pins and legacy pins do not display any differently in the viewer when selected. When the mouse button is held down to select one, it's possible to see which are selected, but once the mouse is released, the view looks as if none are selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

A change to the appearance of selected puppet pins was made in the October 2018 release of After Effects CC (version 16.0). Please see Joy’s comment on this page about the new appearance with the dot, and how to increase the size of the dot via the Path Point and Handle Size preference.

4. BUG: Using a 4K monitor results in droping frames from RAM preview

I recently upgraded to a 4K monitor. Now RAM previews consistently do not play back real-time. Changing the resolution of the monitor to 1080p OR resizing the entire After Effects application window to a quarter screen results perfect playback. I've tested this on several other workstations that either have 1080p or 4K monitors and have been able to reproduce this. They all have different graphic cards and plenty of RAM. I've played around changing the MST settings on the display without any changes.

Tested on several versions of:
    Windows 10 Pro
    nVidia 1070's / 1080's
    32 GB Ram

Latest nVidia…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Precomps with unique instances

1. Have a composition containing many layers and properties (a chest of toys)

2. Bring that composition as a layer (precomp) into a main comp (room)

3. Have a controller on that precomp layer that affects the contents of the precomp (a knob on the outside of the chest that changes the toys' colors)

There are plenty of cases where this would be useful.

One advantage of precomps is being able to have many instances (as layers) in a main comp or multiple comps, and being able to update all instances by changing the precomp. Great.

If each instance needs to be slightly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preview playback is broken. (bug)

Preview playback is persistently choppy. Audio stutters as does frame rate during playback. This issue is SOLVED by hiding the timeline, which is not a practical solution every time I need to do a RAM preview.

I'm in CC2018 15.0.1 as suggested by Adobe support on the phone - it behaves exactly the same in 15.1.1.

CC2014 works absolutely fine in comparison.

I’ve reset VRAM and PRAM und also upgraded my OS. Nothing fixes it so far. I’ve tried enabling/disabling Mercury Transmit in prefs to no avail.

I'm on a Mac Pro Tower running High Sierra, 12 core 3.46ghz process…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access text properties (kerning, font size, leading, etc) via scripting

Access text properties (kerning, font size, leading, etc) via scripting
    We need more access to text properties via scripting. It will be helpful to change, for example, the font size of a text layer via scripting, that way the textbox stay the same size becouse right now I can only change the scale of the layer and it changes all proportions of the layer (height and with in pixels, size of the textbox).
    If we can access to that properties via scripting we can let all LayerObject attributes the same (textboxes, width, height, scale) and only change font size, leading,…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix 3d camera tracker in AE

3d camera tracker no longer completes the solve and doesn't have any progress metre.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Snapping of Keyframes

Sometimes keyframes appear to be in the same spot, but are off by either a single frame or between frames (such as in time remapping). It would be wonderful if there was an option to allow snapping of keyframes to keyframes in nearby layers or properties of the same layer. For instance, if I want all the layers to fade-out at the same time, I have to add key frames for opacity. If I then move any of the layers, I have to go in to the layer, zoom in the most amount possible, and then drag and align them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this feature request.

What you describe, snapping keyframes to other keyframes, markers, and other objects in the Timeline panel, is already possible. Hold the Shift key while dragging the keyframe. It will snap to other visible keyframes, layer and composition markers, layer in and out points, the work area in and out points, and the current-time indicator.

All of the objects described above will snap to each other when you hold the Shift key down while dragging. Example, holding the Shift key while dragging the current-time indicator will snap it to markers, visible keyframes, etc.

I will close this request as Resolved. If I’ve misunderstood your request, or you feel the existing functionality doesn’t match what you described, please post back with clarification of how you would like this feature to work.

10. Please fix RAM/Cached Preview

Please fix the very temperamental and broken cached (formally RAM) preview. It works perfectly well in versions up to and including CC2014 - 100% solid and reliable every time as you’d expect in a shipping product. What happened with CC2018?!? Surely this is an absolutely central function? I use it all day every day: preview, tweak, preview, tweak, preview, tweak. I constantly end up having to purge all or restart AE to remedy it. How can it be so broken for so long?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base