After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back some way of profiling composition performance.

I love the new multi-frame render, but on the way, the old data After Effects showed, where you could see on one frame, the heaviest effects and processes so you could optimize is gone. If you could bring it back, or better yet, have a way to assess performance of effects and layers in a visual way, that would be amazing. I mean this data:

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After effects 2021 hangs on composition opening

AE 2021 hangs when I load compositions in the project.
    If I move to a different composition or go inside a nested composition it doesn't matter - the program will hang - only force quitting will help.
    Makes this version unusable.
    I have older versions of AE and it works fine.
    I use macOS Catalina
    happens randomly on new projects as well as old ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Overwrite / yes to all

In a design process, it can come in handy to overwrite a lot of renders over and over. As a service, AE adds 1 when a filename already exists.
    I would like to have an option to just overwrite All, without having to go to the Folder and removing old versions, or remove
    1 from each new Output filename.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [BUG] Draft 3D not working

Updated to 18.0.1 today. New Project. Draft 3D button is clickable, but nothing ever happens. If hovering the button, it says 'enable hardware accelerated panels in prefs/display', yet I got that already on. Could anybody help? What did I miss? Does the GPU or driver version matter?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Simplify the naming convention of After effects

We download/install 2021, 2020 or older versions of after effects. And we have to manage the scripts we use. They are compatible with After 17.5 or 18.01 or 16.2... Not clear from users point of view... we are not expert of your naming conventions. Please simplify ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Magnify Corner Pin While Editing

I'd like to see a magnification or spotlight on the corner pin vertex I'm editing, much like setting a tracking point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dragging in/Importing folders from Finder/Files to create folders in the project window

Basically i want an easy way to make default folders/hierarchy. In PR this works well, but you can't do it in AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Batch Rendering/Processing for Mogrts

First of all, THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO UPDATE MOGRTS!! One thing I think would help a TON is batch processing Mogrts- there are always times where I need to export multiple because of an overall change to a series of mogrts and it's a pain to have to export them one at a time. Also having the option to export as the Comp name would be GREAT! THANK YOU AFTER EFFECTS TEAM!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import and save window appears behind main window. Version 18.0

The Import and save window appears behind main window. Version 18.0
    need to shuffle main window to the side to click the import or render or save window that would normal pop up on top of main window instead of behind.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Composition toolbar tools order.

A dynamic composition toolbar is fine, but PLEASE put the tools in the same order as they were before. Grid/Guide Title Safe first, Mask Shape path visibility 2nd and so on.

For those of us who have been using clicking a position to activate a a tool for 20+ years, changing the order is a big PITA!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Canadian Multilingual layout is NOT Azerty

When using a Canadian French keyboard layout AE switches to AZERTY when it should stick to QWERTY, super minor fix but it's been bugging me for quite a while now as a lot of shortcuts get changed like [ ] for instance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Speed graph - animating unlinked scale X and Y improvements (toggle X and Y priority)

It is common to animate the scale of an object along one axis (imagine a bar graph animating upward). Of course you do this by unlinking the X and Y scale proportions and increase the Y scale over time. And if you want the animation to be more dynamic you will use the graph editor. This is easily done with the Value graph. However, trying to do this with the Speed graph is very difficult. This is because the X influence is overtop the Y influence - and when you graph the handles of the keyframe in the Speed graph…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After Effects v18.0 stuck at "Initialzing Required Components"

Running version 18.0.1 on Windows 10 (20H2) OS Build 19042.867

Any time I attempt to start AE, it fails to start the application getting stuck at "Initialzing Required Components"

I've tried rolling back by video driver (NVIDIA GeForce GT 740, Driver version 461.40) with no luck.

I've also tried removing the 18.0 folder located at C:\Users<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\18.0

Crash report is attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No preview playback under 5 fps

In After Effects CC2020 (Windows 10), I get no playback when I set the preview frame rate below 5. At 5 fps the preview works, anything below it doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please allow 2 years of previous versions available for Creative Cloud Apps

Can you please allow the full list of previous versions of all creative cloud apps for download for the past 2 years.

Allot of creative agencies use specific versions and upgrade infrequently to minimised software glitches that blow out deadlines and lead to loss of income.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Each comp should have a default render preset option

Sometimes I have a bunch of different comps I need to output for different purposes based on the output file's intention. This comp will ALWAYS be exported with alpha, this matte one will ALWAYS be exported without. If I need to export a lot of these at once, I then have to either hunt and peck in the render queue to change the settings based on name OR write a script to do so.

Being able to set a default setting in the Comp Settings window would save a LOT of hassle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 18.0.0 and 18.0.1 Canon codec bug

Hi,
    I'm having trouble in new releases of AE with Canon codec clips that I'm currently working in 2020 without problems.

The clips were recorded on a C300 mark 2 camera, with the 1920x1080 rgb444 12bit codec.

The red/blue channels are switched (a set channel is enough to resolve), I'm just giving you feedback to resolve the problem directly on next patches.

I tested only on windows, version 18.0.0 and 18.0.1, two different computers and I got the same problem.
    If needed I can send a link to clip to test (the smaller I have it's about 1Gb)

M

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For months I haven't been able to export from After Effects via updated Media Encoder

For months I haven't been able to export from After Effects via Media Encoder. I've had to reinstall Media Encocer at version 14.2 to be able to export. Wehn Exporting it stalls at "Reading XMP"... And never moves along. And apparently my Creative Cloud Settings were set to Auto update - And now I cant revert back to v. 14.2 anymore, but only to 14.9 which doesn't work...

Please either fix the bugs in the Media Encoder or make it possible to install previous versions of The Media Encoder via the CC App.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base