After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the Snapshot button slidable for opacity

AE has the Snapshot button, which lets you hold on it to switch between what's currently visible to the snapshot you took

Right now, the button will simply show you the snapshot and that's it

I think it'd be cool, if by holding the button and dragging your mouse left-right, you could overlay the snapshot with 0 to 100% opacity

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display release number in 'About After Effects'

When updating, sometimes I have to work in two versions side by side. It's hard to find out which version is active, since the 'About After Effects' info panel lacks the release number (2019. 2020).

White space enough to add it :-)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE v17.0.2: No Metal GPU Acceleration available - MacPro 2013 (Dual AMD500)

Since a few days I simply can't pick Metal GPU acceleration in AE v17.0.2. Also AE is taking AGES to start up.
    Metal support is working fine with v16.1.3 (check the screenshots).

It seems to be related to the issue I've been having with PR not being able to "...find any capable video play modules" (check this thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-please-update-your-video-display-drivers/m-p/10862082#M247598 ).

Basically PR and AE versions 2020 are unusable here!
    This needs fixing ASAP. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashing when re-saving CSV data

I have a CSV document imported into my project file. Working great, although seem to be having an issue where if I make an edit to the CSV file and re-save it, AE crashes. No spinny-wheel, just closes almost instantly. Sometimes get a recovery project and an error message (attached), but not always.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Window menu will NOT scroll

The window menu will NOT scroll up or down using the scroll wheel. I'm guessing this is a bug.

Clicking the small arrows in the top and bottom in the ONLY way I have found to advance the menu, and I can only scroll one item at a time via clicking. This is extremely slow.

I assumed this would be fixed in the latest update, but I was wrong. As of 17.0.2 (build 26), it's still there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix expression editing within graph view

In both AE 17.0.0 and 17.0.2, I did not test it in 17.0.1. Using Win10 with a Ryzen 3700x and a GTX 1060 6gb

When editing or writing expressions while in the graph view mode, it is hit or miss whether or not the new code will be commited.

It was suggested by another user to use the 'enter' key on the numpad to commit changes, but this didn't work every time either, so it doesn't solve the problem.

When editing expressions in the normal layer view everything works and saves/updates as it should. You just type out the code…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. フォントのバグ

フォントをキーボードの十字キーで移動して選んでいるとき10個目ぐらいからエラーが起きてソフト自体が「応答していません」と表示されます。
    十字キーで移動でき、フォントを一個ずつ表示されるのは本当に助かってます!
    あとはエラーが起きないようにしていただけると助かります!
    よろしくお願いします!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AI optimized rendering using rough cuts

Would it be possible to have AI scan an already rendered previous version of a video for identical frames to the revised version and steal those already rendered frames from the existing file so they wouldn't have to be rendered again when making revisions? Theoretically, this could speed up render time, and make it easier to render out new versions as needed. Sometimes I have clients and stakeholders that want to be brought along inch by inch, and this might help me better deal with these kinds of clients and stakeholders. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give us the ability to export .mogrt files for older versions of Premiere.

It would be great to be able to create motion graphics files for older versions of Premiere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker

Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker. Make AE warp stabilizer become a planar tracker.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maximize window through menu on Mac

Many apps on OSX have a menu option to zoom/maximize the window. Same function as the green + button, but can be accessed via shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make the user interface scaleable on Mac - WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS?????

Christ, why do I have to mess up the interface on my Mac just to be able to read the interface in AE? How about this? Just make the **** font bigger NOW. Really that hard?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Addition of Extrusion Depth and Bevel Depth to footage layers

It's well known from https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/extruding-text-shapes.html that footage layers, solids, and compositions cannot be beveled or extruded. Personally, I don't understand how this isn't currently possible. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something, but I'm not sure. Regardless, it would be nice to have this feature added for footage layers, as FXhome's Ignite Pro effects are already capable of doing this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Centralized plugins and scripts folder

Just select the folder where AE should load the plugins and scripts from.
    Like it is in Cinema 4D R21 or like it is handled with extensions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RAM preview turns black after a while

After a while, the composition window just turns black and shows no graphics. The borders and masks are shown though, but no visuals. And when pressing spacebar to RAM preview, it doesn't play. Restart helps, but the issue keeps returning so I need to restart all the time. Happens on larger project files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi can we have a 'Go Shout at Adobe' button built into the UI?

I posted this over at the Community forum and somebody suggested i post here so here goes:

It just feels like EVERY TIME i have a deadline and normally right at the end of the project when it comes the time to render/export, After Effects or Media Encoder finds some new and unique way to give me problems..

If it's not some bizarre installation or authorisation issue, it's AddToMediaEncoder queue doing nothing. Or it launches MediaEncoder and doesn't add to queue. Or it complains DynamicLink isn't working. Or even adding the composition to the queue manually via MediaEncoder looks like…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Some sort of shape hit system (similar to adobe animate) that can dictate the interpolation of a mask or shape path!

When doing character animation, you frequently have to interpolate between two shapes. Like arm shapes or face shapes, these shapes are typically pre designed by artist and when you try to interpolate between two separate paths you end up with a jumbled mess as the keys try to match the path direction and first path point; it typically results in needing to morph the pre existing path into the shape of the new one and even then you still have to hope the program determines the right placement. So it would be nice to have more control!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make FX Console a native AE function

Video Copilot's FX console is useful, but it seems to break with every major AE update, and support is sporadic. Make something like it that can be stable and reliable!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow AE Cache and Database to be stored on external media

In the new and the classic Mac Pro the fastest drive possible is a NVME SSD or a RAID of multiple SSDs that is connected via a PCI card such as the "Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe Card" or the equivalent from HighPoint.
    The problem is that these volumes get recognized as external, removable drives and After Effects will not except them as cache location.
    So it's nonsense to restrict the drive selection. Please remove that function and let the user choose. If someone stores his cache on a slow thumb drive it's his own fault.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base