After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rotobrush crashes on m1 macbook pro

Hi, I've read on other issues of when rotobrush crashes on first stroke. This is NOT my issue. I'm able to generate as many strokes as I want.. but only on the first frame. As soon as I move forward (or backward), AE crashes. Help!

I am using the latest AE on the M1 Macbook Pro — I've attached my specs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to scale up/down comps maintaining stroke width

The only way to maintain stroke width is an extremely tedious process having to add an expression to every single stroke path. In Illustrator double-clicking on the scale tool gives you the option as to whether you want to maintain stroke-width/corners or not. Let's get something similar in After Effects to save us severe headaches. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live VR viewer in Ae

Premiere Pro has a version of this already–although it's quite juvenile and could use some help. After Effects, however, doesn't have one. I'd love to have a live VR viewer in After Effects with a little more upgrades than the current Premiere option, especially dimension control (so the window isn't just a square). Many base level 360 editing software includes a variety of viewing options such as Tiny Planet, Crystal Ball, Natural View, and Flat. This simple window would save me so much time and make the world of a difference for 360 footage integration. (screenshot is from Insta360 Studio…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live VR viewer in Ae

Premiere Pro has a version of this already–although it's quite juvenile and could use some help. After Effects, however, doesn't have one. I'd love to have a live VR viewer in After Effects with a little more upgrades than the current Premiere option, especially dimension control (so the window isn't just a square). Many base level 360 editing software includes a variety of viewing options such as Tiny Planet, Crystal Ball, Natural View, and Flat. This simple window would save me so much time and make the world of a difference for 360 footage integration. (screenshot is from Insta360 Studio…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLEASE FIX the dreaded "unable to obtain dynamiclink project"

I am getting an “unable to obtain dynamiclink project” error when I try to reapply Warp Stabilizer to a clip that had to be extended in length.

As Dynamic Link has caused problems for me in the past, my workflow for the past 3+ years is to copy/paste footage from Premiere Pro into a new After Effects timeline, and render a ProRes file. This has worked flawlessly for me, and no need to mess with Dynamic Link once I had the files in AE.

Today, I opened a project that contained some previously warp stabilized clips, one of which had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Can't scroll down in UI panels when list extends beyond screen space

When selecting a parent from a list (not using the pick whip) it does not let you scroll down to select parents beyond available screen space. This also happens in the effect panel when selected a layer from a list. Some lists allow you to scroll down like when selecting extensions in the window panel some do not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. un-rename footage

I have accidentally renamed the footage in Project panel. And I have a usability problem now, after replacing footage with Ctrl+H it still have renamed name.
    I can't find the way to un-rename it back, to take footage entry name from filename. Please add this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. please make more user friendly tutorials for beginners

For the tutorials I accidentally changed the layout of the workspace boxes. Even after refreshing, the boxes remain rearranged and I can no longer follow the tutorial as a beginner. Also the tutorial will always say you made the correct next step even when it is not. Please fix this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Introduce Locked But Editable Compositions

I do a lot of wire and rig removal work, and am constantly battling moving a spline point and finding the entire composition is being moved. This happens while doing other work, as well.

My concept would be a "locked but editable" feature, where the layer is locked in position, but can still be worked on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [BUG] Roto-brush freezing errors

1. Paint Roto-brush to good result

2. Freeze

3. Freezing produces different and wrong result

4. :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [BUG] ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit Export fail

1. Export ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit with no Alpha, but "premuliplied" setting

2. Import the Rendering back into AE.

3. Playback reports error. Video is black.

Workaround: Set the output alpha to "straight" even though there is no alpha channel.

:(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DNx Export Data flagging bug introduced in 17.5.1

17.5.1 has introduced a bug where DNxHR/HD HQX, HQ, SQ & LB MOVs are being incorrectly interpreted by DaVinci Resolve as Full when they should be Video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 修改AE语言后,AE就打不开了

想把AE语言从中文修改成英文版,但是一修改ae就闪退了

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug : Dropdown Menu Control returns matchName with Random Pseudo Effect names

When trying to add Dropdown Effect with it's matchName It's working. But when We try to read matchName of existing Dropdown Menu it won't return matchName as "ADBE Dropdown Control" instead it return with Pseudo/@@RandomStringForEachDropdownControl
    (Ex : Pseudo/@@MC8wEp7SQxGncGx2IgbgXQ)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug report: MoGRTs and Libraries

When you click "Export Motion Graphics Template..." in the AE Essential Graphics panel, the "Libraries" panel opens in your workspace, re-arranging all your panels. This is very annoying for anyone who doesn't use Libraries and breaks workspaces every.single.time.you.export.a.mogrt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide Layer controls while scrubbing

Simple option in preferences to Hide Layer controls while scrubbing.
    Why, because it improves performance by order of magnitude!

Also, Hide Layer controls while handling layers in timeline, same reason!

Or rewrite layer controls overlay.

We all know that AE became browser engine, but please don`t be internet explorer!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the standard Star Shape a perfect pentagram

Five pointed stars are mostly used as a pentagram, in which the adjacent lines are in line.
    Unfortunately, the star we get when the Polystar shape is set to 'star' is a random fat and unattractive star.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

Compare this special shape (wikipedia) to the star Ae produces.(screenshot)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see the sky replacement that is in Photoshop implemented into after effects.

I would like to see the sky replacement feature that is in Photoshop implemented into after affects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export each layers to separate .PSDs

Hi guys, it would be a huge time saver to have the posibility to export each layer of a composition in a different .psd at once, instead of having to do them one by one with "Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layers".

I had to do a lot of inserts for a small documentary and afterward needed to export one by one which is annoying

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base