After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18.0.0 and 18.0.1 Canon codec bug

Hi,
    I'm having trouble in new releases of AE with Canon codec clips that I'm currently working in 2020 without problems.

The clips were recorded on a C300 mark 2 camera, with the 1920x1080 rgb444 12bit codec.

The red/blue channels are switched (a set channel is enough to resolve), I'm just giving you feedback to resolve the problem directly on next patches.

I tested only on windows, version 18.0.0 and 18.0.1, two different computers and I got the same problem.
    If needed I can send a link to clip to test (the smaller I have it's about 1Gb)

M

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For months I haven't been able to export from After Effects via updated Media Encoder

For months I haven't been able to export from After Effects via Media Encoder. I've had to reinstall Media Encocer at version 14.2 to be able to export. Wehn Exporting it stalls at "Reading XMP"... And never moves along. And apparently my Creative Cloud Settings were set to Auto update - And now I cant revert back to v. 14.2 anymore, but only to 14.9 which doesn't work...

Please either fix the bugs in the Media Encoder or make it possible to install previous versions of The Media Encoder via the CC App.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. masking with zoom in

Adobe Lover... I want to say that Adobe has to add more features in After Effects The thing I always don't like in After Effects is that When I set screen size more than 50% or (fit to screen) 'there is no slider to move the screen like premiere pro' I can't slide the screen to left, right, top or bottom like premiere pro. Doing Masking with the pen tool is very difficult in after-effects when you zoom in!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to change/override order of operations

AE does its operations in a specific order - eg: first it looks at transforms, then masks, then effects, etc. (I can't recall the exact order and couldn't find it online).

Sometimes you need to extensively precomp or re-think how you're building something in order for it to work properly. This can be a huge pain and can cause a bunch of extra work.

Instead of that, could there be an effect that you could apply to a layer that would allow you to re-order those operations? Call it "Re-Order Render Operations" or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Set Matte effect to see/respect transforms

If I want to use a layer as a matte using Set Matte, AE won't recognize any transforms (position, scale, etc) that I've done to it within the comp. It will only see them if I precomp the layer, adding more complexity to the file, and causing other issues.

Instead of just the option to use Source, Masks, Effects & Masks, can you add transforms? Maybe instead of the pop-up selector, you could have checkboxes, so the user could choose what combination of modifiers they want to use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE 2021 wont render to Media Encode.

Me and my team mates have found that AE 2021 crashes every time we try to send a file to render in ME. I currently am on build 18.0.1 and working off of a box drive. Dynamic link still works for PP in this build though it looks like the last build that worked for AE for me was 2019 which is no longer available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sort out invalid menu operation

Comes up with use of VPN gets progressively worse till ae is completely unusable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. after effects having poor stability and losing connection to media encoder

After Effects is having major stability issues since last update. Loses connection with media encoder, and requires hard restart to re-establish a link. Very frustrating, please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Effect similar to CC Composite, but instead takes a result from further up the effects chain

I'd like to propose an effect that can take a result from further up the effects chain and recomposite it back over the final result. Similar to how CC Composite can put the original image back over the final result.

Even if behind the scenes this means rendering the same thing twice, it would be convenient to have this functionality on a single layer. I often find myself making copies of a layer and using the Calculations effect to blend layers together, or create more intricate mattes.

It could have controls like transfer mode, opacity, preserve transparency, etc. Maybe similar…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Comp window 3D settings don't appear

Bug report. The 3d camera view popups don't seem to appear sometimes. While it's kind of nice that they're contextual and only appear "when needed", they seem buggy.

I started a new project and was in 4 camera views in my last project, so it appeared in 4 views. Unfortunately, since there were no 3D layers, I couldn't go back to 1 view without first creating layers and making them 3D.

Also, when changing the view of my Comp in and out of fullscreen using the Tilde key, the 3D camera controls disappear entirely until I click in certain areas…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Time delay in Shape layer Repeater Properties

As rotation, postion and opacity... time (in frame) should be a variable that we should be able to work with.

Should also be affected by the Offset

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a product like After Effects to replace Keynote and Powerpoint

I work in live event graphics. There are only two programs to use as far as professionals in my industry are concerned. Keynote and Powerpoint. They both suck, there's not really a better way to put that. The alternatives are niche, and they suck even worse in terms of features and reliability.

Think powerpoint and keynote are used just for boring, inane office presentations to your small team? Think again. Keynote and Powerpoint still have a prominent role in the most expensive, far-reaching corporate live events in the world. I would know; I've worked on more than a few of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Visibile motion paths within Shape Layers

It would be great to have VISIBLE Motion Paths within shape layers. It would be much easier to animate individual shape groups this way. Currently, animating a shape within a shape group requires expressions and can get messy pretty quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Independent superscript control in essential graphics

Please allow independent superscript control in essential graphics when font features are not available for template user (i.e. font, font size, etc., are preset). I've created templates for my team at work and often have to use the ® symbol with product names. Being able to select it in the text field in Premiere and superscript it would be a big help, and would streamline both the template design and the end user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How to Migrate 3rd Party Presets from AE2020 to AE2021

Is there a way to Migrate 3rd Party Presets from AE2020 to AE2021?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. STOP ANNUAL UPDATES

I just got everything working and now a new version number wants to break half my plugins again. Slow it the **** down please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put pre-comps into a "Pre-comps" folder automatically, just like solids

This could be a checkbox in the Pre-compose creation dialogue box. When enabled, precomps are automatically stored in a "Pre-comps" folder at the root level of the project. This would keep large projects so much tidier as we work. I always have to go clean up my dozens of pre-comps that are scattered all over in my primary folders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. time to add items to the render queue from AE to ME takes too long+ freezes

Items added to the ME queue from AE or PR take a long time, and often freeze one or all adobe programs using the task.

ME needs to be sped up and sped up to work better with PR and AE, so using it to render is actually faster than just rendering from AE or PR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import Photoshop File by Groups

Right now After Effects can only import Photoshop files by entire document or layers. There should be a way to import specific Photoshop groups as a third option. I would find this very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Draft 3D ground plane bug

Just tried the new draft 3d and ground plane and I am getting this on my viewport (see the following image). It seems like there is no refresh on the viewport.
    Win 10
    Gtx 1060
    Ryzen 9 3900X

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this bug. We’re already working on a fix for a future update to After Effects.

This is a problem with the new Draft 3D previews that occurs only on Windows if the project is set to Mercury Software Only and the comp has a transparent background. (i.e., There are no layers behind the layers being rendered.)

You can work around this a couple of different ways:
    1. Set the project to use Mercury GPU. File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects
    2. Create a new 2D solid layer with the same dimensions as your comp and move it to the bottom of the layer stack. Set the color of the solid to whatever you want the background to be (black, etc.).

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base