After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG Preview/playback is extremely glitchy

BUG Preview/playback is extremely glitchy

It simply doesn't work. Nothing happens when you press the spacebar. Tried a lot of troubleshooting already.

Turning on Cache before playback helped for a few minutes. Then it plays back in what seems to be 2x as fast. Then it bums out again and nothing works. When I quit the software stops responding and you need to force quit.

Problems started on Fri 31 Jan on a Late 2013 iMac (High Sierra) 3,2 GHz Intel Core i5.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. idea proposal

Hello. My name is John Bingham. I am not sure where to start with. I am looking for the right person to discuss nonconfidential information about my conceptual idea. I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects regularly missing keystrokes

After Effects is regularly missing keystrokes. I have tried to type slower, give the system time to catch up, and when I'm typing text in a composition it just randomly does not register keys. Occasionally it happens when I'm typing values into a panel (Setting font size to 150 and it will miss a number so it will be 10 or 15 or 50). This only seems to occur regularly in AE 2020. This is creating huge problems with clients on larger text blocks because AE is introducing typos because of this bug.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Timer Remap Glitch

Sometimes scripts inside the Time Remap keys are executed (or get reported as errors) when Time Remap is disabled on the layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Re-Insert Important option of selecting 'Indic' in 'Language Selection', that has been removed from Preference>Type.

This option was available in previous versions of After effects. This enabled users to type directly in Indian language fonts or import / Copy paste Indian Language text and display correctly in After effects.
    Reference article -
    https://blogs.adobe.com/creativedialogue/video/create-text-layers-in-indian-languages/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Freehand pen function

This would be a great option to have in the pen tool, with a smoothing slider

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you create a simpler way to loop a layer.

The current method seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. URGENT BUG - Effects on 3D shape layers don't show at all - 2020 17.0.2

This is a crucial bug that needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!

Any shape layer that's 3D doesn't show any effects. If 3D is disabled on the layer, the effects show.

This is a crippling bug introduced in the latest update and it needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keymix Plugin à la Nuke

Essential keying workflow tool. Would be awesome to have that without jumping through sub-comp hoops:

https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/referenceguide/mergenodes/keymix.html

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I cant use the program because it is dark and cant change to light or white

I just downloaded the product and cant use it because it is dark and cant read anything on screen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3D Camera projection on primitive objects for Matte-Paintings

Would be great to have the possibility to add 3D objects like deformed layers to project pictures or images onto it - for example to create a cool looking 3D mountain matte-painting or to project objects on primitives. Some more 3D features overall would be cool.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Composition-/Layer-Lentgh editable via script or Essential Graphics

Would be great to get control over layer or composition length via expressions like a slider. Maybe let us set start- and end-points so that if you change the time-length in Essential-Graphics we could shorten the composition in Premiere as well and some other use cases.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

While RAM preview is running, if the user clicks on the timeline, After Effects freezes and I am forces to shut it down.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There is getting Photoshop 3D into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. U

Hi,
    One major issue I have with After Effects is getting Photoshop 3D/Materials into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE on 3D Plane. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. Users have been asking about this for years. I have been asking about this for about 3 years. I know there is Cinema 4D which deals with 3D Layers but I just don't understand how you own 3D functionality doesn't work between apps but you have an outside companies 3D Applications work on there but not your own products. That one I will leave up to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Warp Stabilizer fade in/out

Make a 0-100% slider on the Warp Stabilizer. This way if there's is a tiny bump in a steadicam shot that is 1 minute long you can stabilize that one bump, animate it in and out and then it's done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change to custom workspace -> CRASH

When changing to a custom workspace, no project open,
    AE is crashing.

I thought we got rid of this problem 2 years ago....?!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. font text pasting in after from photoshop

Here is a stripped down Photoshop file with 2 text layers; One that originally came from the client's PS doc (though I've changed the font and content), called "broken one", and another that I made right next to it called "broken two":

Text Mystery.psd:

http://clients.idolum.com/get/d0a595d18871

If you look at the text layers in Photoshop, they appear to have all the same properties.. same size, attributes, etc.

Now bring this Photoshop into After Effects as a composition. Right-click each layer and do "Convert to Editable Text." Now select the text in the "broken one" layer and note that its size has…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add all possible Keyboard Layouts

Please add all possible keyboard layouts. Currently there are only the major ones (en, es, de, etc.) but others aren't available (such as Switzerland, Hungary etc.).

I might add: I can currently use my CH keyboard but it doesn't show the keys on the graphic (i.e. I have to do it "blindly").

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix LUTs issue when opening clips from Premier Pro into AE

when opening clips from Premier into AE, users must then re-apply the LUTs by selecting them from the LUTs folder for each clip, every time. This is annoying.. You ask us to create a common folder and put everything there instead of in the LUTs folders in AE ( which worked ), and this solution doesn't work for beans.. Yes, they are there if you create a new clip in AE, but when going between apps, AE doesn't automatically assign the LUT that was assigned in Premier from the common folder... this has been going on since you asked us…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base