After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember custom Workspace and Keyboard settings between updates

Every time there is even an incremental update to AE, custom workspaces and keyboard shortcuts are forgotten. Many of us spend a great deal of time setting up such tools and to have them lost every time there is an update is exasperating! The 'sync settings and prefs' utility does not sync these critical settings, which just rubs salt into the wounds. Identifying the appropriate files to manually transfer to the new folders is a tiresome activity, which could easily be automated during the update. Please, please make this simple and important process an automatic consideration in every update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive design MUST work with short audio tracks

If the audio track you want to use fits inside of intro or outro protected areas, the responsive design should work with audio. Plus that, if your comp will be a mogrt, it should also work on Premiere.

Nowadays it doesn't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Execute functions by their keyboard shortcuts with extendscript

It'd be great to be able to call functions by either their default or user-set keyboard shortcuts. This would immediately open up many doors in scripting. For example: 'replace selectd layer with selected footage' is inaccessible by scripting and has the default shortcut opt+cmd+/ on mac. It could go something like app.executeShortcut([option,meta,/], [boolean: default/user-set]) and then AE simply initiates the corresponding function if there is one, as if the user hit the shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Variable typeface support

I've made several typefaces for my work and always have to go back and make a NON variable version to cater to after effects it would be great to have support for them as it would make editing with different sizes so much easier. There's already great support for them in photoshop and illustrator, I don't see why it wouldn't be added to the program by now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SHOW MORE THAN 1000 LAYERS

I have worked on Adobe AE and PS for 12 yrs. And I always worked with 1000s of layers. But my current project is giving me trouble as layers beyond 1000 are not showing. And I cannot precompose the layers in this particular project, I want it all in one comp. PLEASE SOLVE. Your regular support team cant solve it. And I need a solution for this ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files dragged in from library should retain their names

When I drag I file from one of my libraries into an After Effects project, I would like it to keep the name I have assigned that file. Nearly every file loses its assigned name, and winds up as something like "Artwork 3" when I bring it into After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make older version available to download

Please make older versions available to download that will work with dynamic link. I'm using premiere pro 2018 because it's much more stable than 2019 or 2020. Can't find AE 2018. Was told it's "end of life" and not available anymore. Surely you can make it available somewhere for users who may still need to use that version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dynamic link imports graphic layer as if native layers.

Dynamic-link imports Premiere Pro/Illustrator/Photoshop/Etc graphics layers as if native layers.
    This means that after effect changes any effect and transitions to keyframes and native effects and styles, instead of making useless layers that make more work to manually delete and add effect in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stabilization around a point or shape for roto or tracking

Hi Adobe !

It would be great to have an option allowing to stabilize the viewport around a point / shape / mask / layer. This would be a huge help for rotoscoping work, or for manually correcting bad 2D or 3D tracking.

This option is available in Mocha, but this would be great to have something similar directly in AE ;)

Thanks, and please excuse me if I made some english mistakes, I'm French and dumb ^^

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: Guaranteed crash with Key Cleaner

Today I found a way to instantly crash After Effects.

Firstly, download this project file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efyISxGU4DHnSgWv13jXotne-iTDBeoz/view?usp=sharing

(It doesn't properly attach this file for some reason)

Secondly, drag key cleaner onto the top layer.

After Effects instantly crashes for some reason.

I suspect it might be something to do with the way Key Cleaner handles color, but I can't be sure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selectively ignore expression errors

When I write an expression, I want to know if it has an issue. Thankfully expression error warnings exist. However, there are several expressions that due to several reasons still work, even if they create an expression error. I want to silence these expression errors. However doing so silences ALL expression errors, which is NOT the behavior I want. It would be great if you could click on the yellow triangle expression error warning next to a property and select -> silence this expression warning. Then it would change to a mute signal. That way I can continue getting expression…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [UX] Zoom: Mouse scrolling to include 33.3%

When magnifying the comp viewer, the 33.3% option is left out. Why? Makes no sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose Paragraph Text Box Width/Height for Expressions

It's currently impossible within expressions to set the width or height of a Paragraph Text box.

This would be a massively helpful feature for text-based templates and animations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Onion Skin Options (ideas)

Either create a new brush that has the feature to view the PREVIOUS frame(s) with less opacity, Onion Skin solved; the Animation Brush

Or simply make an effect that shows the previous frame(s) with less opacity, that is applied to the layer.

Not sure why either of these have ever been implemented into After Effects. The community has been asking for any kind of built in Onion Skin for well over a decade. We all know Animate is on it's way out and it is not very good anyway. The only feature Animate does well is it's Onion Skin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use RAM more efficiently

Especially since AE 17.5, it has become even more RAM greedy. It doesn't matter if I have 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, once I start a multithreaded render, the memory will always be the bottleneck. There surely must be a way to use memory more efficiently, I can't understand what AE needs all this memory for. Just doesn't make sense to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [BUG] Wrong cineform encoding color depth

1. Set up Quicktime/GoPro CineForm/Quality 5 as destination format

2. Set it to "Millions of Colors" and render
      Result: AE reports the generated file as trillions of colors.
      😐

Please fix!

Tested with a 5120x2560 comp with both 8 and 16-bit processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Highlight unused Keyframes

Having useless keyframes automatically highlighted by Adobe — this would be cool to have in addition to being able to color keyframes, so that you know which keyframes are useless if you have a LOT of them everywhere.

Helps to organize when you look back at your timeline the next day and you may not remember leaving a random keyframe somewhere because you were only using it as a marker temporarily or something

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Individual layer (not source) batch proxy rendering

This is a kind of combination of background rendering and auto proxy linking.

Imagine being able to batch render full quality proxies with alpha channels for every single layer in the comp. Not for sources like the current proxy setup - specifically for layers in comps including all effects, masks etc. I foresee using TIFF or PSD sequences. This process could be done automatically in the background when ever AE is running but not active, or when AE is running but the mouse and keyboard aren't active. Or on a schedule (overnight daily for example) or triggered manually.

Doing it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How can I get your help during this period?

I hope to develop a plug-in for stitching panoramic materials. How can I get your help during this period?

Elly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base