After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing fonts not reported in CC2020

The program doesn't alert the user when a font is missing - just replaces the font with Myriad Pro. Then, when one clicks on the font, it doesn't update with the parentheses, so you can't see what font you need to add.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't crop vectors from illustrator files to comp size whe importing.

When importing files from illustrator it crops the images and only imports the things INSIDE of the artboard. It would be really good to be able to keep the whole thing so that it's not necessary to make unnecessary bigger artboards just to keep the whole image.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects UI is EXTREMELY SLOW (mainly on PC)

After Effects, particularly on a PC with Windows and a 4K screen behaves extremely slow. I have 1080ti GPU and a 9940x CPU at 4.5 ghz and 128gb of ram. The more layers I add the slower it gets. It's ok that the frames take longer to render, but why does the ENTIRE UI need to be slower and slower. Can't I scrub the timeline in the same speed and regardless of frames taking longer to render??? On a mac this is faster, though still slow. This is the MAIN reason why After Effects feels horribly slow and it is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make shrinking/enlarging consistent even when layer is flipped

I'd LOVE to be able to flip horizontally and vertically AND still be able to resize it with alt/+-. Right now, as the flipping is just adding "-" to the number, it skews things as one dimension grows and the other diminishes. Basically, I want to be able to always use alt++ to grow and alt+- to make smaller, even if the layer is flipped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix XML import on Catalina

XML import is currently broken on AE, with the following error message:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Pro Import:

"Fatal internal AAF/OMF/XML error.
    Please contact customer support." (0:1134) ( 5027 :: 12 )

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG with comment text wrapping in mogrt panel

mogrt created in Adobe AE 16.1.3
    used in Premiere 13.1.5

I have a comment inside of a group inside of a group. In Premiere, the text wrapping does not match the width of the Essential Graphics panel causing the right edge of text to get lost before creating a line break. Because the comment is in a 2nd layer, Premiere places the text in a darker box. The text in the comment is overflowing behind the right-side padding of the UI, rather than being bound by the darker, second layer group box.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reverse Keyframes button

How about a button to reverse selected keyframes to create a reverse of your animation

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AE 2020 (17.0.2) Color shifts when rendering

Starting with AE 2020 (on macOS Catalina 10.15.3) we're running into the following issue:

Whenever a live action footage comp in is rendered straight from AE to ProRes, there is a slight color shift and diagonal jagged line artifacts which were not in the original footage/comp.

As a workaround, we've tried rendering via AME. This solved the jagged lines but introduces an unexpected color shift to the footage.

This happens regardless of the render module (both Metal and Mercury Software Only).

Attached is a portion of the scopes in each case showing the color shift and the jagged lines and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [BUG & WORKAROUND][17.0.2] Ram preview while using "Standard" layout causes AE to briefly freeze, then not render composition.

WORKAROUND:
    Change the Window layout to "Default"
    If this doesn't work, try changing the window layout to something else.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Project Settings Window will not open

Project Settings Window will not open at all.

Project Settings > Color > Working Space
    If I choose any of these 3 options, it prevents me from re-opening Project Settings window at all to change further:
    --Rec.709 VLog
    --Sony S.Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3
    --Sony S.Gamut3/S-Log3

I have restarted AE, restarted Windows, updated to the latest build AE v17.0.2. I have trashed all prefs.
    The only thing that seems to snap AE out of this is to open a previous project that is set to any other color profile. Then the Projet Settings window will open just fine. But choosing any of those Working…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report - Layer/Camera/Link Focus Distance To Layer does not work!

3D Camera 'Link Focus Distance to Layer' does not work. When initially linking the focus distance, it is set correctly. But as soon as you orbit the camera around an orbit null, the focus distance no longer stays locked to the focus layer. Also, and bizarrely, if the orbit null is deleted the focus distance resumes the correct lock. After a lot of experimenting and 2 completely useless and infuriating sessions with Adobe support (Adobe - your tech support sucks - I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with your tech support), I discovered that the problem appears to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Glyphs

Please add glyphs to After Effects

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug Report - AE 17.0 - Lumetri Scopes displaying wrongly when Color Management ON

Footage displaying identically between AE and Premiere so not always have the same scopes between the programs.

Repro:
    Get just about any file in Rec. 709 0-255
    Import into Premiere
    Import same file into AE
    Open both scopes. Easiest to see in luma waveform mode.

With color management off, scopes and pictures seem to match. Once you turn color management on in AE (still off in PP), I'm unable to get AE and PP to match at all, ever.

I've tried teh following Working Spaces:
    sRGB
    Rec 709
    Rec 709 2.4
    Rec 709 16-235

and also tried all those spaces…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Text size in the expressions box is massive and unreadable - also resizes to full height of panel.

BUG REPORT -
    When trying to enter text into the Expressions box, the box seems to become enormous, and it is impossible to see where the text you are entering is. It also resizes to take up the full height of the panel it is in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. how about a keyboard button you can select to access the contents of the shapelayers?

You press a button on the keyboard, or maybe a double tap, I'm thinking cc, and then you see the contents of your shape layer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. repeatable bug in expressions

Below expression in text layer source text will cause instacrash. Seems to be on the 'sort' part but I really don't want to keep opening and crashing to figure out.

var str = text.sourceText;
    var shuffled = str.split('').sort(function(){return 0.5-Math.random()}).join('');

shuffled

osx AE, 17.0.2 build 26, system report attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow fractal noise evolution to go beyond 91x

Such an infuriating bug. First, this wheel should be able to go beyond 91x without the evolution just resetting to an arbitrary point.

IF we really can’t have a wheel go higher than that (doubtful… we have put multiple robots in space), then WHY ALLOW IT TO BE SET HIGHER and waste 8 hours of precious render time instead of just not letting me do that in the first place???

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AE CC 2020 (17.0.2): Transform Effect Glitch on Render (Rotation)

AE CC 2020 17.0.2 Build 26
    macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

There is a glitch that is especially noticeable with the TRANSFORM effect in AE CC 2020. Easily reproducible:
    New composition
    New solid
    Add transform effect
    Add rotation keyframe
    Add second rotation keyframe further down (1x cycle)
    Render

There are random black glitches on rotation. This does not happen with the native transform (non-effect version).

Does not appear to be reproducible with RX580 in 10.14.6.

Issue disappears with Mercury Software…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Editing Dropdown Menus (use return/arrow keys)

The edit dialog for a dropdown menu could be vastly improved if you could hit enter and it goes to the next option, or using the down/up arrows instead of having to individually click on every one and change it. If that can't be done for some reason, at least leave just one option in the dropdown by default so I don't have to delete the text before I add a new option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug report: Audio replacement/ mp3 support

Upon importing audio with same filename the preview in AE (even after cache is purged) will play old audio. Rendering in ME produces the correct audio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base