After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant make the Layer switches pane smaller if i use the german version of after effects

If you use the german language there is a huge empty space, which can not be close, when the parenting switches are draged to the left.
    This causes that the useable timeline space is much smaller in the german version, than in the english version.

The example picture shows the settings for the minimal widht for the english and german version. It shows that the empty space in the german version (marked red) is completly useless and i think everybody would enjoy it, if there would be a way to get rid of it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Just updated AFX 18.1 build 38, modes between layers does not work anymore

Hello

I can not get modes between layers to work anymore. I tried different footage, but no interaction between layers in any mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expression for clip duration as trimmed within Premeire

inPoint, outPoint and thisComp.duration all reflect the original, untrimmed/stretched clip when used in Premiere.

We need an expression that can reference the (trimmed) clip duration.

Right now everyone is adding duration sliders which is a bad solution for many reasons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add back 2 views vertical and rearrange view options in toolbar

Know there's been a lot of talk about the updated view options. TBH, this new setup sucks.

I want my 2 views vertical back! I often am comping 16x9 animations. I need one viewer for my active camera, and a 2nd for my top view. Since I can no longer determine the layout of these 2 panels, I'm stuck with the horizontal view. This layout isn't ideal if you're working with a widescreen comp. It means your footage is suuuuper tiny in frame.

Don't eliminate the 2 view vertical though- it's useful for doing 9x16 comps. Just give us our…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Move time to preview time broken after newest update (April 14 2021)

Move time to preview time seems to be broken after the newest update (April 14 2021)

I used this feature daily to fast preview animations, and I could watch the blue scrubber pass over the audio waveform and stop it where I wanted. The newest patch has broken this functionality. The play head no longer stops where you stop it, it now goes back to where it started when you began the preview, no matter if this option is checked in Preview settings.

Update: Duplicating and deleting some layers seems to have fixed it initially, but the problem is intermittent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. numpad decimal point for property value input

The numpad comma should not be disabled for property value input.
    This should be a global feature across all applications.
    I mean I can enter 33,2 using numpad but pressing enter the value jumps to 332. What is that? Why? How is that helpful?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "V" shortcut does not work in AE 18.1

After update to 18.1 the "V" key is not working to choose the selection tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Replace fonts in project

Hi, replacing fonts in a whole Premiere Pro project is brillant. Would be cool if it could be transposed to After Effects. Sometimes, I have used a font for a big project and the client want an other one...for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Monitor the status of rendering in After Effects

How can we monitor the status of rendering for another user login, Case id - E-000352650

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please bring back the Unified Camera Tool

Please bring back the Unified Camera Tool

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Desizing enlarged panel crashes computer sometimes

This has happened on multiple different projects on my computer. If I hit the tilde key to enlarge a window to full screen and watch my comp for a bit, I've had a bug crash not just AE but my entire computer when I hit tilde key again to exit the full screen. The video panel will distort mid-resizing and I'll get the spinning wheel of death for a few seconds, then that disappears and my computer is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reboot.

There isn't really any warning that it might happen such as AE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: Home screen default trying to stretch across both monitors (of different scales)

When I load the new AE (04.2021), the home screen tries to stretch across both of my monitors. (One 4K, one HD), rendering it unusable. Resizing this window does not seem to save on close.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Font not appearing

Some of my typefaces weight are not appearing in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [BUG] Can't open subcomp

AE 18.0.1 won't let me enter a subcomp upon doubleclicking it's layer. The error message states "Can't open layers with collapsed transformation. Oh boy 😞

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow gaps in paths (and open a world of possibilities (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ )

Hey. My name is Saar and I created shpr for After Effects:
    https://www.goodboy.ninja/shpr

During the process, I found out that the possibilities of what can be done with the createPath functions are vast and this tool really opens a lot of possibilities for paths.

In the future, I would love to see the option for having gaps in a path.

1: WHY:
    ⚫ It will open a whole new world of possibilities by enabling an efficient way to draw strokes on screen without having to create multiple path objects, which is cluttery and harder to maintain.

⚫ You would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hardware support must last longer

Two years ago I purchased a top-of-the-range HP laptop for my Adobe work and today it seems Adobe don't care about supporting it.

I know RTX has come out in the last two years and I can confirm my workstation that has an RTX Quadro 4000 runs Adobe without issue - But I need that to be busy rendering 3D.

Meanwhile my Non-RTX laptop cannot run After Effects anymore, despite HP advertising it as "for use with Creative Cloud." It used to work with Adobe, but not any more.

I know Adobe will say, "Upgrade the laptop" but here in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After Effects is always in the foreground after any work step is made

After any work step like saving or opening a project is done, AE opens itself again, even if I'm tabbed out into another window .

I should be able to decide if AE can put itself into the foreground or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A bug in After Effects with importing ProRes 4444 files with alpha

After Effects is not correctly interpreting the alpha Chanel of ProRes 4444 files - if there is an alpha fade in the imported 4444 video, a black shadow can be seen under the fade - this is the same whether premultiplied is selected or not. I have loaded the same files into Motion and Millumin and they work correctly. See the attached still - the text should be fading from transparent to white but is showing as transparent black during the fade.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better integration with figma.

Figma is stealing the vector spotlight. Thank god something is but until something makes after effects irrelevant too can we get some interoperability?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shape layer content properties display out of order when showing all keyframes (shortcut: U)

When showing all keyframes (shortcut: U), some of the bottom-most shape layer content properties move to the top of all content without being nested under the content hierarchy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base