After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proper colour palettes

Give us proper colour palettes like InDesign. If you've used a colour then it just shows up automatically in your palette window. Re-use it wherever and if you change it in there it updates colours project wide. Or group them and change multiple colours together. Would be so useful for iteration and amendments.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Global Color creation in After effects

The ability create a global color and assign it to different items in your comp so you can make color revisions fast. On creation would automatically generate a chip in the color pallets, it would have a special marker to say it's live in the preview.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere to AE Import is Great!

Just want to express how much I appreciate the interoperability between Premiere and AE. Composing complex visuals has become a delight. Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to pin chosen layers always at the top of timeline panel

Would be great to be able to choose whether a layer could always stay on top or not.

For example a camera. Every time I add layers the camera slowly goes down in the stack and I have every time to drag it on the top cos I need to see its keyframing obviously.

Same for Audio File. I know I can put Markers but in some cases I need to see the waveform as I am doing very specific timed animation.

Same for Guide layers. Why they don't stay always on top as I need those to guide my…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Errors when importing Animate .fla into AE project

As of the recent 17.0.2 update, I'm finding that I can't import Animate .fla files into AE.

The import dialog hangs for a while (whited-out in a non responsive state), then returns an error simply stating: "An error occured while importing this file. Please try again.". This error often appears behind the import dialog, and is easily missed.

This seems to happen with all .fla files, so I don't think it's a specifically broken file. On the previous AE / An version I had gotten around 50% of the way through a large project with fla importing working fine, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Deadline Render Failing - Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

I've been having serious issues rendering After Effects through deadline/commandline for the last few weeks. Sometimes it works fine for an hour or so, and then jobs start failing all over the place.

My theory is that it's to do with running multiple instances or the render simultaneously, but I've never had issues with this before.

This is the main error message:

CryptVerifySignature failed

Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

Occasionally it's this one:

CryptVerifySignature failed

Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

Using DXGI: Device: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080" has dedicated video RAM (MB): 7920

ERROR *** IVCAutoReleasePool: Object 0000000024277A20 of class vcfoundation::data::DataWrapper autoreleased with no…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save the state of the anchor point in comp settings

Currently you have to go to the Advanced Tab, set the anchorpoint, then go back to the General tab to change the dimensions of the comp. If you change the anchor and close the comp settings, it will revert back to center by default. This is unintuitive and can lead users to believe it doesn't do anything. The anchor point is only relevant when changing comp dimensions, so those two things should be associated.

Integrating the "scale comp" script functionality would be great, too. Allow for changing by percent, maintain aspect ratio, and a check box for "scale content" with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag timeline like in Audition AND with hand tool

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in AE to drag the timeline, additionally to dragging the timeline like in Audition, where one only needs to hover the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tracking widget does not obey display color management

Bug - Tracking widget does not show display colour management

Set working space to ACES (linear colour space).
    In the "View" menu turn on "Use display color management" to view the non-linear image.
    When you use the tracking tool and adjust the point tracker's widget, the image inside the widget is still displayed linear (= very dark) despite the set display color management. Setting a tracker point is very difficult.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the Anchor Point Tool Work

I need to move an anchor point that is under the point of a shape.

I can't grab the anchor point because the tool also grabs the shape and I need the shape to stay where it is.

What about the anchor point tool--and this is gonna sound crazy--just grabs the anchor point?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Master Properties won't affect audio time remapping

When time remapping is controlled by a parameter passed with a master propery, video works fine, but audio time remapping is disregarded.
    The demo project is attached. There's generated audio which is passed along with animation into the TEST comp both directly and with intermediate time remapped precomp. You can see that the audios are always identical although changing the "time shift" master property does shift the animation.
    All AE versions, Windows
    I am not able to attach a thing on this forum, thats why the google drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mneBCG6XD3SpGM8D8jjRJdiei15I-1uW

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can we have Text Underline option in after effects.

Can we have Text Underline option in after effects. As we have to add line manually to underline particular text and it's time consuming. All the other Adobe software have that feature except AE.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4K

I have worked with AE since version 3, so I am used to it's idiosyncrasies. Lately it was pretty stable but now I am getting requests from clients for a lot of 4K work and we're back to memory crashes and frequent restarts. So as in the past, the software is still behind hardware in speed and efficiency. That said, I am in no mood to switch to something else and there are a lot of pretty good things I still like about AE. But I'm hoping you guys are working as ******* basic stability and efficiency and speed fixes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More descriptive 'About' panel

Most of the time, AE versions are referenced to by the year. But the about screen does not give a clue about that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug report: in OS Catalina, files are graded out for few seconds before they are selectable, saw it also on friends machine

Bug report: in OS Catalina, files are graded out for few seconds before they are selectable, saw it also on friends machines and its only happening on Adobe's applications

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

When using "Keep Transparency", the effect becomes invalid if there is a video or image on the bottom layer. If you use a guide layer, please enable "Keep transparent"

「透明性を維持する」を使用する場合に一番下のレイヤーにビデオや画像などがあると効果が無効になる。ガイドレイヤーにした場合は「透明性を維持する」を有効にして欲しい

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)