After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fuse Integration

Used Fuse and Photoshop to create 3D characters but it would be phenomenal if these characters could be imported into After Effects and where the AE lights, cameras, and the C4D renderer could be used to composite a scene. Please consider integrating Fuse and After Effects.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why remove quicktime 7 suppert?

It's just unbelievable how many problems it does. I have hundreds of film projects of different effects that need to be converted. simple Wav files also need to be converted to them. Please bring them back!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support this formats in after effects

please after effects native support for the follow file formaty

OGG, FLAC,MVK, MKA, ACC. HE-ACC, OPUS, VORBIS, mp3HD, theora, ape, apl, HAP, aPNG, HEVC, H264

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please support display acceleration in after effects for nvidia GT550M

i have nvidia GT550M in theory my graphic card should support this function without any problem

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. set matte, set channels, calculations,etc to treat & take in an account layer's own transforms.

Set Matte ignores if the layer had been transformed in some way when it is used as a track matte for ex, it treats its transformrs as well, but any matte options in any effect would ignore original transformations if there is any...

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Displacement Map radial option and to go GPU!

Displacement map lacks of radial distortion option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hue/saturation to be expressionable

so many times I'd needed to link hue to angle controller, but have to use other effects as workaround

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Sensei to learn how to better use rotobrush and extract hair details

rotobrush is pretty slow on rendering, so I'd suggest to help it by building its shapes not from one frame, but creating like custom checkpoints defined buy user where he thinks the movement changes dramatically and he inavitably would draw some more brushes from there, so and meanwhile rotobush would merge its calculations inbetween those checkpoints...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. effects to be cloned and connected through entirely in the project

so that if you change any of them - others will follow. Not like when linking them - that they have a mother effect

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fully customizible Light Wrap with ton's of settings

including inputting a texture, if needed!
    including Adobe Sensei to match to the background!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Could Ae have it's own exponential glow?

So you don't have to recreate it each time buy duplicating and connecting controls, should be easy to machine learn it - on how people tend to use such effects and implement clever controls (look at how plugin Saber from video copilot deals with glow - that's terrific!)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color Range is the best keyer! To GPU and 32Bits

Color Range needs an update, I always liked how it deals with noise and hair!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lumetri Color to be reversable

for cases whe you work with some graded material with effects and especially lighting like glow effects, and than they're like send you the ungraded clip for finalization, and you kind of need not to touch already all your settings for lighting that were involved with the graded clip and you just have to downgrade what's graded.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy pastable Lumetri Color from PP to AE

so that you could use exact color matching that premiere's panel did in After effects

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create New Shape Layer Above Existing Selection

Add feature that places new Shape Layers above a selected layer. Nulls and Solids already behave in this manner, so it would just be a matter of applying the same behavior to Shape Layers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unspecified Drawing Error Bug

Unspecified Drawing Error Bug. All of a sudden popping up on 5 different computers and causing many hours of wasted time and lost work.

Please look into this bug / problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A vector field displacement effect

It would be very helpful for a lot of generative effects to create warping fields that are less rigid than mesh or bezier warp. Something like in step one of this project.

http://www.sci.utah.edu/~chengu/streetsig08/streetproject.htm

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for 180° in VR Converter effect

I have 180° fisheye footage that I want to convert to Equirectangular. There is no 1:1 option, so I have to choose 2:1, then precompose and crop my comp to square.

Most of the acquired effects from Mettle expect you to be working in a 360° workflow, and it's not ideal for someone who works primarily in 180°

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New Project Template Improvement

New Project Template is a great addition for getting your project off on the right track quickly. But if you've taken the time to setup a template for yourself, you've probably noticed that you routinely have to tell AFX that you don't want to "save" when you open something else.

When you start up AFX or close a project, the template loads. But then you open an existing project and you're prompted to "Save Changes?" AFX should be able to tell that this is an unchanged template and not prompt you to save.

In a production environment, I'm opening existing…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have run in to an issue where if I have an AE Project made in a version before 15.1 it won't open in 15.1.

If I open a project made before 15.1 (15.0.1) it won't open the project, but sit there spinning and freeze up eventually. Old projects/templates won't import/open in premiere either.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base