After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change multiple compositions settings

Allow us to invoke the Composition Settings dialogue when multiple comps are selected in the Project Panel, and apply changes to all of them at once.

Parameters that have different values are denoted with a dash. For e.g. if you have selected 2 comps, 1 with Frame Rate set to 25, and one set to 30, the value shown is -

That value is still editable and the resulting change will set both comps to the new value.

If the value is left untouched, both comps will retain their individual settings.

22 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Potential workaround for two issues with Master Properties

Specifically, the inability to copy keyframes or set a nested comp's Master Properties as a MP in a parent comp. Create a solid/null/something invisible, and apply multiple Effect Controls corresponding to each MP (Slider, Angle, Checkbox, etc.), then link the MP's to them with the new pickwhip.

It's a pretty clunky workaround, and not robust at all, but it's better than nothing (arguably).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects 15.1 bug: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

Please also see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476842, as this was previously submitted in the community forum.

Expected Result: Users should be able to use AIFF files in After Effects. It is an industry standard file format.

Experienced Issue: The current version of After Effects will not allow them to be used. After updating to 15.10, After Effects stopped recognizing .aif files.

Error message when opening any project with .aif files in them: After Effects error: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

-This happens on multiple machines tested.
    -Uninstall/reinstall does not resolve. …

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. April 2018 15.1 AE CC Quicktime PNG compression; bring it back!

Please bring back QT Codecs for After Effects Render Output

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: system crash when rendering Photoshop files

When previewing / rendering larger comps which have sub-comps generated by importing Photoshop files as comps, system crashes because it runs out of disk space:
    In Users[username]\AppData\Local\Temp I get a file "Photoshop Temp1284038260" that keeps growing until the harddrive is literally completely full. (Although neither After Effects nor Photoshop are supposed to use that drive for caching.) It shrinks and then gets completely deleted when quitting AE.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. underline

Text should have underline option

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Path points not editable or stretching attributes

I'm experiencing strange bugs in the path item on a shape layer.

When I make a two point path (a line) I can no longer go back to edit those points, most of the time. The other times it creates strange affects to other attributes, such as stroke. Stretching the stroke instead of redrawing it at the same width across the path.

I tested in 2017, and initial tests show the expected result, the points are editable and the stroke shows up the right way. But the 2018 version is acting totally different.

A video to show what I'm experiencing…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to change the default mode when creating a mask. (e.g. add, subtract, none)

When I create a mask in After Effects the mask's mode is automatically set to "add". I generally want my masks set to "none" while I am working as I am doing rotoscoping. It would be great if I could choose what the default mode is for newly created masks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move the new transform pickwhips next to the value fields so they're not directly under the layer pickwhips

Putting these new pick whips directly under the layer pickwhips creates a confusing, cluttered area of the UI.
    Move them so they are away from the main pickwhip

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. IMPROVE CINEWARE FOR VFX

After Effects needs to improve its CINEWARE for going to be better and better en el flujo de trabajo VFX con Cinema 4D, being more compatible with this Maxon product (ProRender, hair tools, performance and more).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color Emoji support

We mock up tweets, Instagram and Facebook posts daily for our newsroom and color emoji fonts simply don't work in AE.

We have to go find each individual emoji as a PNG, import it manually and sync it up with our text animation.

Having emoji support would be a big deal for us. And I'd argue it's necessary in today's social media obsessed world!

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable any effect to address an individual RGBA channel

Some effects, like Levels and Curves, allow one to isolate the effect to a single RGBA channel. Make this option available to all effects.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug - Master Properties and toComp() expression

Most expressions linked to a Master Property work properly when the MP is changed across different instances, but a few expression methods like toComp() and fromComp() always act as if the layer being referenced has its original transform data, even if those properties are being changed instance-wise by the Master Properties.

For instance, if in "Comp 1" I put a Beam effect, using the positions of two 3D layers as the endpoints using toComp(), and control the positions of said layers via MP's in "Comp 2" (or control the "Comp 1"s camera position, etc.), the Beam endpoints just stay in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lab colorspace

To be able to convert the RGB color space to Lab color space, and work in Lab in AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bug report

When I open a project in CC2018 that has had footage time-remapped in CC2017 the time remapping is completely messed up and needs to be redone. Can you make it so that the 2018 version doesn't have this issue?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Foreground and Background Layers

Currently working on GUI-simulations.
    And I think of two features that would come in handy"

1 Mark layers as 'Comp Duration', to make sure that these layers will adjust to the Comp duration, even when this is changed (great for Background-layers).

2 Mark layers as 'Always On Top', to prevent from arranging layers all the time: E.g. in a GUI-simulation the Mouse Pointer must be always on top.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. lens distortion profile in AE

Adding lens profiles as are already available in Photoshop and Lightroom to the AE lens distortion removal effect would be a massive help( copy pasted from the Pr requests)

But as Ae is supposed to be the vfx software of the dva family it should also have a proper tool to set a profile from a distortion grid and then adding or removing that distortion with the lens distortion fx or a new version should be easy and pixel perfect for now it is more try and errors which doesn't feel really serious and reliable.
    Take a look at C4d…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option-pickwhip to create relative paths to layers and features within the same layer.

This would set up relative paths based on layer index and propertyIndex.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base