After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Command + Space Bar Zoom

Would be nice to have AE act the same as PS & AI with the "Command + Space Bar" zooming in & out in composition.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about we start by getting the apps to run under High Sierra 10.13.4?

After running the latest MacOS update, literally none of my CC apps will open. What the heck Adobe? Earlier this week you announce you are discontinuing one of my favorite apps, and now this? I have projects due!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects

AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects. This is on Windows 10. Happens with new and old projects every time focus is changed to another program then back to After Effects. It goes through every file in the project and says it can't open the file, but the project is working fine other than having to click OK to keep closing the warning dialogue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate Dimensions on Scale Property

Allow the separation of dimensions for the Scale transform control. Just like Position does currently.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import Illustrator Brushes

Since the brush/paint tool uses vector brush shapes, we should be able to import illustrator brushes and use them within After Effects.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Close Tabs To The Right

Borrow the wonderful little Close Tabs To The Right option from Chrome (and add a "To The Left" option) and add it to the Timeline Panel menu.

When working with deeply nested comps, it would be really handy to close a bunch of comps to the right (or left) of the currently open comp. Close Other Timeline Panels isn't always the best option to clear out the tabs you want shut.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to mute Keyframes

In C4D you can 'mute' keyframes - essentially this acts like deleting the keyframe except that a dummy 'reference' key is left there, perhaps greyed out, that stores the value(s) and interpolations it had before it was muted. Keyframes to either side behave exactly as if it was not there, until it is un-muted.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blending Mode Transfer to Premiere over Dynamic Link

Would love for blending modes set on layers to transfer over dynamic link.

If I have a need to use an overlay for specific layers I have to bring in and export or footage clips and then send it back to premiere.

Video sequences are built in premiere, and After Effects would be an overlay.

Currently it just comes over blank, it's looking for layers below to add these blending modes to, but stops at within the composition.

This would help Dynamic links become "more Dynamic"

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VR Comp Editor has a bug in Windows but not in Mac version

VR comp editor on Windows does not work in terms of Apply AE 3D CameraTracker. Please fix this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. rework the whole 3d space

Working in the 3d space of AFX is such a pain! Often I try to avoid it or look for workarounds(someimtes using C4d to set up cameras and lights to than pass it over to AFX just to not have to navigate it in AFX)

It is not easy to navigate the 3d space as it doesn't use industry standart shortcuts to start with.
    In addition it is so hard to grab these little 3d widget handles. I constantly select another layer when I try to move the one I focus on. If we would have the option to restrict…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. better way to work with masks in the viewer

Everytime I work with masks in the viewer I end up selecting/moving other layers and I have to reselect the mask which constantly throws me out of my flow. This is really frustrating.
    Please come up with a better way. Maybe add a switch to the viewer that locks everything from being selected other than the current active layer.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. keyframe parenting

I would love to be able to keyframe the parenting option. Sometimes you need a layer to be the child only for a fration of the time, than be released and continue with it's own animation: for example a charakter that lifts a cup, trinks and than puts it back onto the desk where it slightly slides into it's restposition.
    This is just one of many possible options where it would be nice to keyframe the parenting option. Right now it is only possible via a bit of expressions or a 3rd party script that uses a workaround but it…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keyframes for Motion Graphics Templates

It would really be nice to have keyframes (In Premiere Pro) for your Master Properties in Motion Graphics Templates exported from After Effects.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "The document is locked for editing by another user"

I would like to display "The document is locked for editing by another user" like office so that other people can not edit it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Jump custom number of frames on the timeline

Ability to go forward/back a settable number of frames (like 7 or 24) using a non-existing combination (like Cmd+Shift + PgUp/Down on Mac and Ctrl+Shift + PgUp/Down on PC).
    The number of frames could be set in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere Audio Amplifying

Within Premiere one has the ability to amplify audio, normalize audio, normalize peaks and to set the audio volume. After Effects - sadly - has no comparable features. It would help out a lot though. Especially in times of video producing bots like Templater or CompsFromSpreadsheet.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. improve dual xeon

after effects bad improvement on dual xeon machines

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. RenderQueue.render interacts poorly with undo.

I understand that it doesn't make a lot of sense to undo rendering but I maintain a suite of scripts (written by others) which do a lot of complicated project manipulation along with rendering here and there.

The scripts stopped working in CC2017; app.project.renderQueue.render() wouldn't do anything. No errors, it would just immediately return without running the render. app.onError would catch a couple of lines suggesting a render was started but only for the first item in the RQ.

During the course of ripping everything apart and putting it back together again I started getting these "undo group mismatch, attempting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. UI "Not Responding" after very short time or ANY mouse clicks.

The user interface times out in Windows and offers up a "Not Responding" very quickly. The timeout seems to have shortened considerably in CC2018.

There should be a way to run the message queue both from script and from plugins so that clicking on the AE windows doesn't immediately make them stop responding and so that progress can accurately be reported to the user.

I have written this script which highlights the problem. Playing around with various values for 'totalTime' and 'numIterations' really shows off the problem and I have something that seems to work ok as long as updates…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please include prores 444 xq export into after effects and premiere

Since the introduction of prores 444 xq i was unable to use the codec to export from After effects or premiere. WHY?????

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base