After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bug report

When I open a project in CC2018 that has had footage time-remapped in CC2017 the time remapping is completely messed up and needs to be redone. Can you make it so that the 2018 version doesn't have this issue?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Foreground and Background Layers

Currently working on GUI-simulations.
    And I think of two features that would come in handy"

1 Mark layers as 'Comp Duration', to make sure that these layers will adjust to the Comp duration, even when this is changed (great for Background-layers).

2 Mark layers as 'Always On Top', to prevent from arranging layers all the time: E.g. in a GUI-simulation the Mouse Pointer must be always on top.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. lens distortion profile in AE

Adding lens profiles as are already available in Photoshop and Lightroom to the AE lens distortion removal effect would be a massive help( copy pasted from the Pr requests)

But as Ae is supposed to be the vfx software of the dva family it should also have a proper tool to set a profile from a distortion grid and then adding or removing that distortion with the lens distortion fx or a new version should be easy and pixel perfect for now it is more try and errors which doesn't feel really serious and reliable.
    Take a look at C4d…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option-pickwhip to create relative paths to layers and features within the same layer.

This would set up relative paths based on layer index and propertyIndex.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent comp expression reference errors when importing project with same-name compositions

Example: I have a project with a "Video" comp. I import a project that contains another "Video" comp, and another comp with expressions referencing the "Video" comp. This reference now goes to the wrong comp.

Obviously, the expression should reference the "Video" comp in the imported project, but this is not the case (at least not always).

Solution 1: Go to the closest comp in the project files. You choose the comp that you need to go up the least folders to get to. This means that it'll prioritize the comp if it's in the newly created "<project file>.aep" folder.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More text animation options

It would very appreciate to have some of the text properties such as text font, size, fauxbold, fauxitalic, allcap etc accessible for animation, expression, mogrt, master properties etc..
    It would be also nice to be able to access every character properties by expression or scripting not only the first because for now if you try to get any of these infos by scripting you will only be able to know the attributes of the first character...

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. better handling of large illustrators files

Large (pixel wise) illustrator files take forever to preview the first time you open it in your comp, I don't recall it being that long I would say prior to CC2015 please take a look at it

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Convert illustrator text layer to live text layers

by right clicking a photoshop layer you can have it become a live text inside AE please do the same for illustrator files

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. revamp the mesh warp

the whole distort family effects would need some love, but the mesh warp could be a super powerful tool if could :
    -have access to every points and tangeants positions
    -lasso select points
    -scale, shear, rotate the grid to affect only a part of the image
    -making it 3d
    -promote it to b 32bpc gpu accelerated
    -go beyond those request and make it a weapon of choice

to my knowledge this effect has been change only once to be able to move points with arrow keys...

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. make median and dust and scratches faster in 16bpc

Median is a very conveniant effect when it comes to removal or retouching works and super fast when your project is set to 8bpc but when you turn it to 16bpc or more it takes forever to render. I would be really thankful if you could do some dev blackmagic to fix that

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. simplify the output render template

Right now if you want to render a comp from after effects you have to set its output render setting, its output module and its output path.

Speaking for myself I've saved the render settings and output modules I use the most as presets and I even saved some "file name and location templates" which are using the project folder token to have relative path to my current so I don't even have to go through an os window to choose my output path (by the way those 'tokens' would need some love from the marketing and developping team because…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. track matte per effect

The possibility to add mask per effects through the compositing options was a great addition would be great to be also able to choose another layer as a track matte for each effect the way set matte works.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Separate the timeline and the curve editor

It would be really helpful to be able to animate seeing both at the same time...

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. instance effect

With the addition of the ability to choose between "source","mask" and "effects and masks" it becomes more and vital to be able to quickly point a layer's rvba and create an instance of it without downgrading it to 16 or 8bpc.
    For now the quicker way to do this is to use arithmetic compound, blend, set channels but none of those are 32 bpc...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to see audio waveform and keyframes at the same time

It would be great if you could see a layer’s audio keyframes and waveforms at the same time - maybe a bit like in Premiere. It’s annoying to have to toggle between the two when working with audio. It would also be useful to be able to see a muted layers waveforms.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to have bullet pointed text

Often I’ve needed to create a bullet point list but AE doesn’t support these and it’s a right faff trying to bodge them yourself.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Request to change bit-depth nomenclature in the Output Module.

"Millions of Colors+" is so 90's. It's now 2018 and people understand bit-depths much better. It's time to use more professional terms like "16-bit", "32-bit float" and so on.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Animation Preset as a Panel

It would be useful to have independent "User Preset" and "Animation Preset" panels, dockable and stackable like the other panels, instead of a folder inside "Effect and Preset" panel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base