After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Universal Search

Universal search for all commands, effects, tools, windows.
    Like Cinema 4D. Shortcut to open a search anywhere on screen. Results show their hierarchy and shortcut key. You can double click to execute. All searchables are indexed and cached so results are immediate.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Render Push Notifications via Mobile Device

Rendering is a part of the experience we all just sit around waiting for. We want to be able to take a nap or go get some food without worrying my render has failed or that my computer is just sitting there when I have deadlines.

Introduce a function via Adobe CC perhaps that would allow you to track and notify you about the completion of renders in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder.

Here is a concept video designed to give you some ideas: https://youtu.be/G9kQEchDun0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bookmark Properties in Layers

Add a checkbox to every property editable in every layer, when the checkbox is ticked, it can be treated like "master properties" for precomps, and pressing a single letter shortcut can reveal all bookmarked master properties on every layer, making the layer easy to manipulate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Swatches tool for every app and creative cloud

Overall, the swatches should be the same. Now Illustrator and InDesign have the one that are really good (folders...). Photoshop, After Effect, Premiere... don't have the same. As people switch often from one to another and another app, it would be better to make these tools the same. The use of .ase should also be included in all possible apps and creative cloud.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Group and color code effects in Effect Control panel

It would be helpful to be able to group and color code effects in Effect Controls panel. I often end up with 10 or more effects in the comp control layer and it becomes tedious and difficult visually to find the one I'm after (see attached screenshot). It would be incredibly convenient to be able to create groups like is possible in shape layers, and the ability to color code like we can with layers would also be helpful. It's possible to code and rename effects into groups when making a preset (like in attached screenshot), but this is impractical…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Green horizontal lines in preview of AE and Premiere Pro

I have large green lines in preview on both AE and Premier, All preview zoom/ruler settings have been tried. AE is on 17.1.1 build 34. Premier is on 14.3.0 build 38. Machine is WIndows 10 build 18362.752 (latest I can get) with Intel Core i7-9770K on MSI MS-7B22 system board with 64GB RAM, Intel UHD630 graphics (May 18 2020 driver build - 27.20.100.8280 Latest). All storage is internal. Boot is NVMe M.2

Was working fine until recently(~1 week)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Revert the icons to the multi-colored versions!

This is an Adobe CC wide issue but AE is where I notice it the most.

Please revert the icons to the multi-colored versions! It makes no sense to make them the same color when the "themes" break down beyond video and photo use. I used the colors to quickly locate the software I needed to open, now I have a taskbar full of purple and have to squint to tell which letters I am clicking on.

It seems like a very poor design choice that was likely made by the boardroom, not the creative team, and I beg you…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Application icons are now inherently confusing to students

This isn't specific to After Effects, but all of the new purple icons in CC. I have students that rely on visual recognition to identify the various applications in the dock (and since the machines are locked, this can't be modified). Now that Adobe has decided to make every application icon look identical in the latest CC2020 update, I'm going to have spend time I could be using to teach the application, to showing them how to differentiate between all of the CC applications. This is idiotic, so please change it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 'View layer controls' is annoying. Sometimes layer controls are on sometimes off. 'layer controls always on' in preferences please!

options to view layer controls are sometimes off sometimes on. You have to switch them on manually per composition which is mildly annoying. It would be great if there was an option in the preferences to select that all compositions should have the layer control options ON.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Layer Styles Blend modes not working correctly

When choosing Inner Shadow or Drop Shadow Layer Style, the screen Blending Mode is not working as it should. Screen acts like Darken or Multiply. Color Dodge etc is also not working as it should.

Viceversa, all darken Blend Modes do not work with Inner Glow. Multiply acts like Screen here.

I don't think this is intended behaviour. Although Shadows are usually meant to darken the underlying colors, when I choose Screen it should be Screen. If I want Multiply it should be Multiply.

There are presets available that use Inner Shadow with Screen and it is a pity that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. tmpAEtoAMEProject

Leftover files create when exporting from AE to ME starting with "tmpAEtoAMEProject-". These files stay there even after the ME queue is cleared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being Able to Move around Composition by nudging arrow keys

When I am zoomed in and trying to move around the Comp, it would be good if there is an option to nudge as my trackpad only zooms in and out of the composition. When I am zoomed in doing detailed work, its hard to switch to the hand tool and I might need to move around without pressing down the Spacebar

Many thanks :)
    After Effects Rocks !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easy change menu languages, from english to every other language with one click

For years, thousands of people have urgently needed to switch functions between the languages ​​of the program interfaces.

Especially since the effects and specifications bar list makes no sense in the German translation and was apparently translated by the google automatic function.

It would be so easy if you set your two languages ​​that you want to use directly during installation.

You could then simply write in the effects and specifications list in one of the languages ​​and you could use it immediately.

Instead, one has to laboriously look for translations for
    the effects and specifications list. The pure horror.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Selecting layers in Timeline Panel; "Click & Drag"

The user should be able to click and drag the mouse across layers in the timeline panel, highlighting layers within the selection - just like in Premiere Pro sequences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mesh warp points more visible

Please make mesh warp effect points "always visible" switch and increase simplicity to pick points. Now single and multiple picking is not easy.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exact matches in Timeline search bar

Enabling exact searches (by surrounding a phrase with double-quote marks) would be very helpful in avoiding false positive results.

Eg. Let's say I have controller effects named "Position - Red" and "Position - Blue". If I search for "Position - Red", I'm going to be shown not only both of these effects, but also every "Position" property on the selected layers, because the search bar is searching for "Position", "-" and "Red" as AND/OR, rather than just AND.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bulk Interpret footage

If you select multiple files (in my case, all of them came from the same camera, settings, fps, codec, etc.) you can not Interpret Footage to all of them at the same time. I have a lot of 100fps footage, and want to select all of them, click on Interpret Footage, change to 25fps once and get all the files in 25fps.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How about not let us test your ****** beta software. So many new Bugs! Do you check your releases or do we have to do that work for you?

How about NOT let US test your ****** beta software for you in the future. Had to restore the Prefs since PSD files got imported in strange precomps plus only 3 frames lonng. Now I have to restart the Program every 3 Minutes due to invisible mask points.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love an invert mask feature for lightroom within the adjustment brush feature. So you can create a duplicate and edit both

In the attached photo you can see I've created an adjustment brush mask for the bird I photographed. I can edit the bird this way but would love to also be able to create an inverted mask of the adjustment brush mask. This would be a mask only for the background not the bird/opposite of my first mask. This way the background can be edited and the adjustment brush layer for the background can be created without me having to paint aa new layer erasing the bird so that background is targeted

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base