After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit transform to size or position (not both)

In the canvas, the active object can be moved or resized with the transform controls. Currently I can move the object by clicking and dragging within the object, or resize by clicking and dragging near the edge handles.

This works fine for large objects. But often when working with small objects or text, I'll just want to move it a little bit and suddenly I've scaled it 1000% by accident.

I'd like the option to limit the transformation to only reposition or only scale the selected object. Leave it as is by default, but the option would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize layers proportionally when holding shift (including flipped layers)

When I adjust the scale of a layer (using the transform handles in comp view), I can hold shift to evenly scale on both axis. But it doesn't actually maintain the proportions, it just copies one axis to the other. So any flipping or aspect ratio changes are lost.

I'd like to be able to scale objects proportionally to the existing size, so that flipping/stretching is not lost.

This is actually already possible if I resize by sliding the scale value in the layer's properties (with constrain proportions enabled), but scaling from the comp view is much faster and more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Text in Error Window Selectable

When the error window pops-up the text should be selectable so you can just paste it into google.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. source text shortcut

Could we have a shortcut to access "source text" easily ?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After Effects CC 2020 mouse

After coming back to a project that has been left open overnight on my iMac Pro running after effects cc 2020, the mouse is not in the correct position when I click on to through the UI in AE. if I click on something in the timeline, it selects an area that is about and inch and a half diagonal to where the GUI is showing the mouse location. This is fixed with a save and restart.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Parent-based filter operator for Timeline search bar

Additional operator for the Timeline search bar, allowing the user to filter for parent properties.

For example:
    Let's say I have multiple layers, each containing two groups (let’s call them “Top” and “Bottom”), and each containing a path. I want to change the Line Cap on “Top”’s path to rounded. If I search for "cap", then I’m shown the Line Cap options for the paths in both groups in each layer.

It would be great if there were a way to search for something like "top: cap", so that it only shows me properties containing "cap" that also have a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make shrinking/enlarging consistent even when layer is flipped

I'd LOVE to be able to flip horizontally and vertically AND still be able to resize it with alt/+-. Right now, as the flipping is just adding "-" to the number, it skews things as one dimension grows and the other diminishes. Basically, I want to be able to always use alt++ to grow and alt+- to make smaller, even if the layer is flipped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG with comment text wrapping in mogrt panel

mogrt created in Adobe AE 16.1.3
    used in Premiere 13.1.5

I have a comment inside of a group inside of a group. In Premiere, the text wrapping does not match the width of the Essential Graphics panel causing the right edge of text to get lost before creating a line break. Because the comment is in a 2nd layer, Premiere places the text in a darker box. The text in the comment is overflowing behind the right-side padding of the UI, rather than being bound by the darker, second layer group box.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text size in the expressions box is massive and unreadable - also resizes to full height of panel.

BUG REPORT -
    When trying to enter text into the Expressions box, the box seems to become enormous, and it is impossible to see where the text you are entering is. It also resizes to take up the full height of the panel it is in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. how about a keyboard button you can select to access the contents of the shapelayers?

You press a button on the keyboard, or maybe a double tap, I'm thinking cc, and then you see the contents of your shape layer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing Dropdown Menus (use return/arrow keys)

The edit dialog for a dropdown menu could be vastly improved if you could hit enter and it goes to the next option, or using the down/up arrows instead of having to individually click on every one and change it. If that can't be done for some reason, at least leave just one option in the dropdown by default so I don't have to delete the text before I add a new option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Global Proxy Button

Global proxy on/off button like the one found inside Premiere Pro would be great.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. idea proposal

Hello. My name is John Bingham. I am not sure where to start with. I am looking for the right person to discuss nonconfidential information about my conceptual idea. I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Freehand pen function

This would be a great option to have in the pen tool, with a smoothing slider

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I cant use the program because it is dark and cant change to light or white

I just downloaded the product and cant use it because it is dark and cant read anything on screen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add all possible Keyboard Layouts

Please add all possible keyboard layouts. Currently there are only the major ones (en, es, de, etc.) but others aren't available (such as Switzerland, Hungary etc.).

I might add: I can currently use my CH keyboard but it doesn't show the keys on the graphic (i.e. I have to do it "blindly").

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix LUTs issue when opening clips from Premier Pro into AE

when opening clips from Premier into AE, users must then re-apply the LUTs by selecting them from the LUTs folder for each clip, every time. This is annoying.. You ask us to create a common folder and put everything there instead of in the LUTs folders in AE ( which worked ), and this solution doesn't work for beans.. Yes, they are there if you create a new clip in AE, but when going between apps, AE doesn't automatically assign the LUT that was assigned in Premier from the common folder... this has been going on since you asked us…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Window menu will NOT scroll

The window menu will NOT scroll up or down using the scroll wheel. I'm guessing this is a bug.

Clicking the small arrows in the top and bottom in the ONLY way I have found to advance the menu, and I can only scroll one item at a time via clicking. This is extremely slow.

I assumed this would be fixed in the latest update, but I was wrong. As of 17.0.2 (build 26), it's still there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix expression editing within graph view

In both AE 17.0.0 and 17.0.2, I did not test it in 17.0.1. Using Win10 with a Ryzen 3700x and a GTX 1060 6gb

When editing or writing expressions while in the graph view mode, it is hit or miss whether or not the new code will be commited.

It was suggested by another user to use the 'enter' key on the numpad to commit changes, but this didn't work every time either, so it doesn't solve the problem.

When editing expressions in the normal layer view everything works and saves/updates as it should. You just type out the code…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maximize window through menu on Mac

Many apps on OSX have a menu option to zoom/maximize the window. Same function as the green + button, but can be accessed via shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base