After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. pop up windows when common shortcut keys pressed

When a short cut key is pressed, let's say R, a small pop up window must appear close to the working area to change to rotation value, so it will be not necessary to go down to timeline and look for a tiny line to see the R to change the value. How come it is not done till now?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. relink & replace missing fonts for all text layers in project like in InDesign

Just like footage, fonts, too, can sometimes be missing when a project is handed over from one artist and/or workstation to another. In many cases the license for the font is not available and you need to manually replace the font with a similar one by hand for dozens of text layers.

A much better workflow experience would be the ability to replace all instances of one font with another from one central font source panel like you can in InDesign!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tapered Stroke Improvements (for Beta Version)

Thanks for finally developing a native tapered stroke feature on After Effects. I'm playing with it and find it very easy to use!

But I think this feature could be improved for many users if you consider that the taper could mimic better the width tool on Adobe Illustrator.

Now the taper produce a pointy or semi-rounded stroke cap, but it isn't possible to preserve a perfect round or butt cap.

Thank you again!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Master Properties connections as a viewing option to the Composition Flowchart

Composition Flowchart isn't used much by most but I think a KILLER addition to it would be the ability to see Master Properties connections in a nodal view.

I'd be thrilled to see all the places my MP's are piped into and what the flow is. It would really help when opening up someone else's file to get a quick understanding to how Master Properties are being used!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improved user interface and experience to match that of XD's, especially with layer manipulation

The best thing this app could use is a refresh on its user interface.

Being able to easily group items in a timeline with cmd+g, instead of placing layers in a separate composition would be HUGE. cmd+shift+g to ungroup, then be able to easily grab and bold text shapes on the composition viewer with hotkeys. Right now, you have to select text individually, then head to a dropdown just to bold something—what a hassle.

Small tweaks like this would make After Effects so much more enjoyable to use. The only Adobe product I recommend to other people is XD because…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. after waking iMac pro from sleep. if after effects was left open, the mouse position is not correct inside after effects.

after waking imacpro from sleep. if after effects was left open, the mouse position is not correct inside after effects. Example, if I try to click on a comp or asset in project window. After effects thinks that I am clicking about 2 inches below that area. is fixed with closing and restarting program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Composition = Folder

It would be great if I could expand a composition on the timeline like you can do it with folder in photoshop.

This way I could view all layers and keyframes directly from a parent comp without having to switch between comps.

Adobe, please add that feature! It would be a huuuuge time saver and workflow optimization.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug - Audio Preview

Since the last update for After Effects, Previewing the audio by pressing period now plays silence for the firt half second of preview, making it impossible to use this method for syncing audio events

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable System Compatibility Report

Why there is no option for "System Compatibility Report", nobody want to always show this message again and again, and even there is no possible way to get rid of this I tried every way, update driver, update AE, but nothing happen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a 'Scripts' Top Menu & allow Sub folders/sub menus for ScriptUI items

Please add a 'Scripts' menu item at the top next to the 'Effects' menu item. Also, and this is more important than the scripts menu item, PLEASE enable sub folders/sub menus for scripts so that we don't have to scroll through a long list of scripts & can better organise them into related categories.

I feel like this would be pretty simple to do. And would look like this in the interface:

Scripts > Character Animation > (all related character animation scripts in a drop down menu here)

This would be great as it would allow people to organise their…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Problem selecting multiple keyframes in AE 2020 (17.04)

In AE 2020 (17.04) When I try to select multiple keyframes in the timeline by drawing a box around them, there is often a delay of a few seconds before the keyframes are selected. Sometimes the delay causes the box that I draw to be "cut off" so that not all of the intended keyframes are selected. I've tried different mouses and many different files, and the problem has persisted over the last couple of AE updates. I'm on an iMac Pro, OS 10.14.6, 3GHZ Intel Xeon W, 128 GB RAM.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Out of frame viewing

Would be great to be able to see everything outside of my comp window in order to better workflow. For example, currently all i see are the box frames of layer elements, but what would be great is to be able to toggle the outside area on/off like in InDesign so I can see and edit those layer elements.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save Mac Dialog Box Selection

Hi!

When saving a file or rendering from the render comp, after effects would in 2019 select the name (not the extension) in the dialog box on MacOs, so you could easily rename the file, directly from the keyboard. This feature doesn’t seem te work anymore icm with Catalina. Is it possible to bring this back? :) hope to here from you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Group shapes without breaking expressions

Grouping shapes breaks any expressions referencing them. Expressions should update automatically like they do when changing names.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Comment Thingy/Prop in EGP displays only a single line. :-(

The Comment Thingy/Prop in EGP displays only a single line. Can we a twirly to collapse all the text - not all MoGRTs are destined for PPro and it's a really daunting task having to read one line at a time PLUS it's not clear if one or more lines are missed when using the scroll button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoom - composition panel refresh issue

When zooming in & out in the composition panel, ANY action starts the current frame render over again – I can't see any benefit to this, and it can be extremely annoying with a touchy mousewheel or when waiting for long renders to load into RAM. It also seems totally unnecessary because I can zoom perfectly after the frame is in RAM.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drop Down Menu on Workspace Window for Audio Hardware Output Options

Switching between headphones and computer speakers can be a daunting task when there is no shortcut to get to Audio Hardware Preferences. It is time consuming and clunky for workflow.

What I suggest is a drop down menu for the workspace window where users can select their audio hardware output and, if possible, the ability to control that outputs audio levels. For all Adobe products that use audio.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base