After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE 2020 17.5.0 (Build 40) - Fill & Stroke change color when EyeDropping from swatch

I am adding a stroke on a shape layer, but getting a shaded version of the color from UI and not the actual color in the swatch.

In other versions of AE you can eye dropper the fill color if you want it to be the same.

Steps to show error in Windows AE 2020:
    Create shape layer
    Add fill
    Add stroke
    Modify the stroke in Contents
    Clicking the swatch color - brings up the color dialog
    in the swatch color dialog - the eye dropper can't actually pick the same color from the fill in the top middle bar.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New 3D gizmos make interface render slowly.

Working on a project with 150 3D video layers laid out in a custom tile pattern. I have been working in wireframe mode mostly to make things move a bit faster when just laying things out.

When working in wireframe mode there is no way to turn off the new 3D gizmos. For one their solid color and large size make it hard to see what you are doing if you have 150 layers. If you hide layer controls you see essentially nothing. When working with this many layers trying to move them accurately become basically impossible. The cause AEs…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modifier keys for the new 3D transform gizoms

It would be nice to add the shift/command modifier keys to effect transformations 10x and 1/10th respectively while making adjustments using the gizmos in the composition window. This should replicate the effects of using these modifiers when scrubbing numeric values in the timeline.

It could effect translation, scale and rotation similarly. I especially find using the rotation gizmo imprecise and would appreciate a 1/10 modifier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better fullscreen RAM preview options

I always have to move my cursor to the corner of the screen when doing full screen previews. It should just disappear.

I use Shift-Numpad 0 to make fullscreen previews. In addition to making the cursor disappear, it would be great to also have an option for scaling the viewer to "Fit" so it's truly full screen. After starting the preview in fullscreen mode, you can then press Shift-/ and that scales to fit. However it would be ideal to set up the preview so one single key command does all these things to create the ideal full screen preview.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a "Used" column to the project window

Add a column to the project window to show if an item is used or not in a comp.

This would be useful when cleaning up projects manually. You could sort by used/unused files and easily delete unnecessary files. It should also check to see if source files are only used in an expression.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Apply Stroke to Layer if Stroke Swatch is Clicked On

You have a shape layer. You click on the stroke swatch at the top of the UI. Turns out you don't have a stroke to color. Bummer.

Wouldn't it be nice if clicking on the stroke swatch checked to see if the layer had a stroke applied, and if not, applied it for you? That would be great UX.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Snapshot Button - Less Grating Noise

This issue may seem trivial, but anybody else cringe every time they use the snapshot button? The noise literally hurts my ears. It's too loud and not pleasing at all. I believe this is the only item in the UI that makes a noise - is there any way to get a more pleasing chime, or maybe just a visual cue that a snapshot has been taken?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. gismo bug

Gismo BUG.. unable to operate, when it is in this state.. The blue square is not solid, it is part of gismo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interface is extremely laggy and slow.. It's affecting my workflow and career. Please fix this issue already.

Dear AE team just please put all your attention and effort into fixing this dumb bug and making your clients happy. not asking you to invent fire, it's not rocket science, just make it work better like in previous versions.
    I see I'm not the only one suffering from this problem, it's among customers with high resolution screens. narrowed it down for you. Really frustrated with you.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. sync keyboard shortcuts and workspaces in the account

Be able to sync the keyboard shortcuts and the workspaces in the Adobe account and be synced with all the versions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comp settings : add a button to trim comp duration to current time

Hi AE users & makers :)

just a quick idea to save time in comp edit windows, when you have to modify comp duration, adding a small button to crop to current time. I even made a mockup ! Have a nice day // Paul

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enlarge points in curves effect

Larger (or user-size-adjustable) points on curves effect curves would be a glorious thing that would make me cheer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multi views resize

It would very good if we can resize the multi view when we work with 3D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Finder Folder during Save, with Shortcut

MacOs 10.14.5, AE 17.5.0

During the Save As - process, i can't
    create a new Folder with the associated
    shortcut: CMD +SHIFT + N

I have to hit the CREATE NEW FOLDER Button.
    It's slowing down a shortcutbased Workflow extremely.

In AE CC2019 it worked as expected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Value graph bug

When working with the value graph the graph gets pushed off from the keyframes. Zooming in and out seems to fix this sometimes but not always. It doesn't seem to effect the animation but it's a bit annoying to work with.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the UI very not user friendly

the UI very not user friendly should redesign it

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Timing expression control for templates and user experience from AE to Premiere Pro

I've been working with templates a lot recently. So far the experience in After Effects is not bad at all. Going in Premiere however is not so fun. I would suggest an expression control for timecode units so the user can decided what time they want the animation to appear. The other method of this is sliders and too many expressions to deal with like start time, duration, end time. The units are whole numbers and seconds so the user might have to do a bit of math or they won't be able to get to those crucial half seconds.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe fonts are broken in After Effects

Adobe fonts are not loading 80% of the time, no such problem with photoshop nor premier, that's not allowing me to do my job

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. autosave/save in background

Waiting for up to two minutes and having After Effects locked while saving is quite frustrating. Illustrator, Premiere and Photoshop all enable a user to save while working. I'd really appreciate this being added to AE.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base