After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. solo and lock

solo and lock button for layer/s you are working on, this will solo the layer/s you are working on and lock all other layers. The ability to solo and lock 1 layer or multiple layers and have solo and locked button able to toggle it on and off. As well as solo and lock you could have a way of locking all other layers while you work on selected layers that need to be unlocked minus solo so its a fully working composition eliminating having to click different layers and have them move when you make a mistake. This can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue with text files

This is an issue with text files. I have to *.txt files, one had a single line of text and the other one had more than one line. When importing these in AE the first file was detected as "corrupted" while the second one loaded without a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Output Folder render token

The render token for automated naming of the output file are great. Please add "Output Folder" as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file.

while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file, because it takes too much time to collect footages which we can be simply linked to it later from our source footage location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Toggle to switch between using property index or property name as default when pickwhipping

When pickwhipping an effect while holding Alt/Option, After Effects refers to the property by index, eg. ("Slider Control")(1), instead of by property name, eg. ("Slider Control")("Slider").

I often use this, as I deal with clients in multiple languages, and the property index reference is more robust in this case. I would appreciate a toggle in Preferences to switch this behaviour so that using property index is the default for pickwhipping (no modifier keys needed), and property name is used when holding Alt/Option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. dont trigger save dialogue when project is empty

since the last version ae triggers the save dialogue even when the project is empty, eg when i open the first project. really annoying for large project i want to open and then leave it for a minute, but then theres this dialogue in the back which prevents it from actually opening the project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ACTUALLY LET US MAKE A DIRECT COMPLAINT

How about instead of making us VOTE for features we want you to repair. You take the money we give you every month and fix the problems. No broken feature should require a popularity contest to get fixed. It's pathetic.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. let me change the language easily

I want to change the language easily. Even I've done to change it, It go back to first option what I don't want after new updating. It makes me annoying

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Return UI to customize markers

I would like to bring the old user interface for markers back to the new version of After Effects.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Motion Tracking Overhaul

We need a complete rework of Motion Tracking and the tracking UI. I'm a Visual Effects artist and use the tracking features of AE daily. I wide up using Mocha for most things because AE's tracking system is in dire need of improvements. Not sure I can remember the last time these features were touched.
    1. Tracking controls should be in the footage window, not a separate tab, this makes it easy to ~ key the footage window and full screen the entire shot. tracking occurs in the footage window, the settings should be in there as well.
    2. CENTER…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Real time update color bar in Hue/Saturation

When dragging the virtual sliders to change numbers in Hue/Saturation Effect / Colorize mode, the color bar in the effect panel is only updated when the mouse button is released.
    This doesn't allow easy and intuitive color manipulation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG] Timeline indicator drag screwed up with 18.4.1

See video attached. The display is now freaking out when dragging the thing while holding shift.

Video: A) normal drag B) dragging with shift.

😕

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make te home screen less rigid.

The home screen completely blocks MacOS. Creating a new Safari window results in a window behind the home screen.
    Annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects Multiple Views is buggy and not working

I have updated my after effects into v18.4 and when I switch my view into 2 or 4, the viewer is buggy
    I've been eperiencing this problem since the 18.0 release

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use graphic's name as it appears in CC Libraries when adding to AfterEffects

Currently, when adding a PSD graphic from CC Libraries to an Aftereffects project, the name of the PSD's top layer is used as the Source Name. Instead, use the name as it appears as in CC Libraries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. restart button for restarting the entire app under file menu

There exists an Exit option under the file menu. but it would be a huge timesaver to have a Restart option so Adobe apps can Restart by itself appropriately and systematically without having the need to manually do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please migrate Output Templates automatically

Each update, I loose all my Templates. Why aren't those migrated automatically?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Zoom control whilst in Effect Control Panel

I'm often tweaking stuff in the Effect Control panel and wanting to look at the changes zoomed in and out, but the keyboard shortcuts for zooming in and out only work when the timeline or comp window is selected. Please make the keyboard shortcuts work whilst the Effect Control Panel is active.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Master audio volume

I would like to have a master volume knob for audio that does not effect rendered audio levels. Just for convenience, when Ae is used while listening to music or podcasts.

In fact, this slider is already included, it just does not work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base