After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back Ping Pong preview!

Please bring back Ping Pong Preview! I am stuck at After Effects 14 because of this being removed!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

me gustaría que revisaran bien los tutoriales de los programas, ya que se encuentran en ingles y hacen que los proceso de aprendizaje se hagan mas lento y engorroso.
    Agradeceria enormemente que los traducieran al español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

me gustaría que revisaran bien los tutoriales de los programas, ya que se encuentran en ingles y hacen que los proceso de aprendizaje se hagan mas lento y engorroso.
    Agradeceria enormemente que los traducieran al español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. auto swap audio devices

When I switch audio devices in windows, such as swapping from speakers to headphones, after effects does not automatically switch.

Not only is it frustrating to have to go edit>preferences>audio devices and manually switch to the correct device every time I swap in windows it actually seems to be the route cause of several repeatable bugs.

Firstly the dreaded "drawing error" bug which locks you in an often infinite circle of closing the error only to have it pop up as AE tries to play the next frame and encounters the same issue (the only fix i've found for this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: AE 8.2.1 on macOS 11.4 on MacPro6,1 2 AMD FireProD700

if one is moving a Layer in the Composition View it wiggles around.
    if you build a motion path with the layer it wiggles around until the preview is rendered.
    if you put of "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels" it gets much better but is still present. This shows on our MacPro6,1 an on our iMac17,1. On newer hardware such as iMac19,1 it is not present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Store camera data

To be able to store Camera Settings in a table attached to the caera or a table that can be easily accessed, either showing a small subset of parameters or detailed information on current camera setting. Then we can switch Camera angles and be able to use different shots without worrying about losing all our camera settings or having to remember position data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. *** Ability to adjust interface font size ***

My eyes are getting destroyed attempting to read the interface on a 5K monitor. I have to physically lean into the screen to read some of it. Other applications are fine, just AE is using a font size smaller than what's on my phone. When my eyes get tired, AE becomes an extremely difficult piece of software to use.
    This is 2021, many of us are using larger higher resolution screens. We need this flexibility!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the script limitation hotkeys?

Can I get any help on this!!?? Not sure how to get any support! My scripts are not showing anymore and my script set is used very often! The ExecuteMenuItems are not working anymore, and it doesn't get to 20? 20 is already limiting and after affects also has 12 scripts on the default app folder! If you're on multiple sites without IT only leaves you around 6 if they all work!? Can I get any help to fix for this? Not sure how else get adobe support!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add transport buttons to Footage preview panel

Add transport buttons to Footage preview panel.
    Since this is a video viewer, we would expect those.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Very need infinite mouse movement (like in 3D programs)

When I scale something or work with camera movement, there is not enough space to move the mouse (I often have to stop and repeat the movement many times). This will be a very useful feature – infinite mouse roll and move from another screen edge

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Align Layers to shortcuts

every Button and action should have a possible shortcut. For example, there is no possibility to manually do this for "Align Layers to".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello, is it possible to get more space in the Comment Function in Essential Graphics?

In Essential Graphics in the comment function you can only read one line of text at a time. To explain more complex content it would be good to have a window that grows with the entered text and where you don't have to scroll. Because an end customer hardly understands what is important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to Lock paths - like masks - inside Shape layers.

The ability to Lock paths - like masks - inside Shape layers. This would be useful for character animation with overlapping paths, making selection easier and more precise with complex rigs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get rid of 'More Options' button in Interpret Footage

Since... well, forever... the 'More Options' button in the Interpret Footage dialog has only ever been applicable to Vector footage (Illustrator/EPS) and then has only ever contained one parameter, the antialiasing quality (correct me if I'm wrong?) As such, it's dumb to have to click a button just to open up ANOTHER dialog that only contains 1 option.

Please move the Antialiasing menu out into the main footage dialog, replacing the More Options button. Ghost it when it's not applicable like everything else.

See attached mockup.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for filing this request.

The More Options button is used for more than vector files. The most common use case is for raw video formats, such as RED, Arri, Sony, Canon, etc. There are some other cases, but I don’t have them catalogued in my brain.

What I’m hearing from you is that the step to get to specific settings for AI/EPS files is an extra click that you’d rather not do. There’s a variety of ways I imagine we could solve this in the UI, everything from trying to make the Interpret Footage dialog accommodate footage-specific custom panels (difficult), to a more accessible menu command for the More Options button, or something else entirely.

In your ideal world, how would you like to see this work in the UI?

16. 3D preferences keep resetting after restarting application

Every time I go to preferences to turn off 3D Camera Navigation Gizmos the checkbox is checked again the next time I restart After Effects. I'd rather keep the composition markers shortcuts on as my default. Changing my keyboard layout also does nothing as preferences seems to override keyboard layouts.

AE Version 18.2.0 (Build 37)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
    Intel Xeon X5670 Dual 2.93GHz Processors
    128GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX Titan X 12GB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug. I’m not experiencing this problem on my machine, so I’d like to explore this further with you. Can you please tell me:

What languages are your OS and After Effects are running in?

I’d like you to try resetting the preferences, and if that doesn’t solve the problem, I’d like to get copies of the preferences files in the before/after states. Please follow these instructions:

1. In After Effects, open Preferences > General. Click the Reveal Preferences in Explorer button at the bottom. This will open the folder where the preferences files are.
    2. Quit After Effects.
    3. In the preferences folder, navigate up one level. This will be the Adobe/After Effects folder and you’ll see folders for each release of After Effects that you’ve used on this machine (18.0, 18.1, 18.2, etc.). Move (don’t copy, just move) the 18.2 folder to your desktop…

17. Lock Workspace

I think it would be useful to borrow the Lock Workspace feature from Photoshop for After Effects, esp with the wide use of so many scripts and CEP panels in many workflows. I accidentally pull off tabs or slide them around in my day-to-day use of AE, esp since I’m using a Wacom pen most of the time.

I’m sure there’s some wrinkles to consider, esp when switching Workspaces while locked - do you prompt with a pop-up or automatically switch it?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bug on 5120x2160 display / not showing color profile options lidt on screen

bug.
    dropdown lists eg. color profiles not working on main GUI 5120x2160
    have to drag onto standard density 1920x1200 monitor to select

latest nvidia studio drivers, 1070Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring the Primary Viewer button back

Can you please bring the Primary Viewer button back? I realize it's tucked into each viewers' pulldown menu but it's time consuming to have to constantly click through menus when it's so much easier to click a button. Why was the button removed? It's not crowded with icons on the viewer windows. When working with dual monitors and both main/precomps, having the button readily available is a must.

Please return the button.

Thank you!
    Craig C.
    (Professional AE user since 1997)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expression editor won't scroll all the way up to top if it was initially cut off at top by TL window

When clicking on an expression to enter the expression editor, the expected behavior is that even if the expression is too long to fit entirely in the timeline window, the editor will allow the user to scroll to any part of the expression.

However, in cases where the top of the expression is cropped by the top of the timeline window when I initially click to enter the expression editor, the editor refuses to scroll all the way to the top lines, instead behaving as if I have already reached the top (it does the "bounce back" motion while there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base