After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG-Render Queue in After Effects unlinks media in Premiere.

When I use the Render Queue in After Effects it unlinks all the files from the project in Premiere. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Is it possible to highlight what brush you are using when using the Liquify Effects.

I see when I select the different brush the name of the tool pops up. But it would be nice for a quick glance seeing what brush you are on :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wrong duration for imported .ai files in version 22.4

In the latest version of After Effects (22.4) - When I import a .ai file, the duration is 2 frames no matter what I set in the import preferences or in as the duration of the composition. Have to use Premiere Pro as a workaround for now. Please fix this soon! It was working correctly in the last version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. vertical Layout for lumetriy Scopes

Hi, I'm looking for view 2 of lumetriy Scopes in a vertical way, you can see that if you checked (VectorScope YUV & Waveform RGB) it will be compressed in the viewer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After Effects has a panel problem

After Effects has a lot of plugins that can really speed up animator's workflows. When functionality is missing, plug-ins and scripts fill the gap. Unfortunately the After Effects SDK makes most helpful tools keep all of their functionality contained within a ScriptUI panel. This is fine for really big tools like Flow and Keysmith, where you want to integrate them into your workspace because you use them all of the time. However, there are a lot of "single-use" tools that only do one thing, but need a full ScriptUI panel to display a control of some sort. These can add…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add function to Essential graphics panel

I've recently been wanting the function of "Select Current Comp" to be a function added into the essential graphics panel. Because you need to select your current comp before you can add any paramaters to the Essential Graphics workflow.

I'm often working with projects involving 100+ comps and having to scroll through a long list just so I can find that one right comp, when I forsure have more than 10 duplicate/different versions of a similar structure and naming convention. It's a pain! Please make this a function, and keep adding features to the EG panel :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "how many times a footage was used" in the project panel columns

I noticed this is not something existent.
    A new column for how many times a footage is used would be nice, helps in cleaning the project manually and to check if a footage was used or not (good for moments when you have a ton of footage and you have to check it again and again to see if everything is in order and you didnt forget anything)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make an option to revert the user interface to an older version's UI

It might just be me, but the older versions of AE have way better buttons and fonts. The current version looks modernized to me, which some people might like, but I for one would really love to be able to use CC 2015's UI. This is my biggest wish with AE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is preview window tearing going to be fixed one day or is it forever with us?

Hi!

Preview window in my AE is terribly tearing. I have a Gygabite Aero 15 4K OLED RTX 3060 KD laptop, updated drivers, tried NVidia Vsync on and off, still tearing is terrible. It's so frustrationg, hard to work loking at that awful picture for a creator. And not a sign of it in any other application. Except for Adobe Premiere Pro. Same thing there. Rendered file is OK, but working with such a terrible picture on a 2 500 USD laptop is a shame. I wait for this bug to be fixed with every next update, but it's there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Render Queue Complete Notifications Time Limits & Options

The new Render Complete Notifications are amazing for being able to take breaks, but they can steal focus far too often if rendering out comps that are fast - a couple user settable preferences would be incredible.

The following are my requests for options:
    - allow the user to set a maximum frequency for notifications
    - only notify on full queue completion instead of for each comp
    - if a queue will take less than estimated [user input time limit], only notify on completion of full queue.

I could see these living in the Preferences panel, or directly in the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Labels and Folders in Effect controls panel

Having the ability to organize and label effects inside of the effect control panel. The folders should have a primarily organizational function and not necessarily operational.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate Creative Cloud notifications when rendering with Frame.io, along with showing real time rendering info

With Frame.io's ability to render queued and active comps, please integrate the Creative Cloud notifications when rendering.
    And also have the real-time rendering information shown when rendering inside Frame.io.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "fit with padding" to composition window.

It would be great if you had the option within the composition window to "fit with padding" and then set the padding in your preferences. I often like a little breathing room around my composition to grab handles for masks and things like that. I hate having to constantly adjust when this could be an automatic feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add additional functionality to the Snapshot button in AE to make it similar to Premiere.

I would love to see some additional functionality added to the Snapshot button in AE to make it similar to the Export Frame button in Premiere.

When working, I'm always taking screenshot of the active comp to send to people to take a quick look at what i'm working on. The downside to using a screenshot is that you get all the UI elements in the way, and it's not locked to the native size of the comp window.

In Premiere, you can hit a button that looks the same as the snapshot button in AE, but they work completely…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. essential graphics

Make dropdown menus in Essential Graphics Window more narrow. The current layout has menus far too wide and so to be able to see full window it takes up too much of the screen. Ideally the whole layout would have custom width like in timeline for Source Name, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Liquify effect UI bug

When using Liquify effect, as soon as we move in the image using the middlemouse button in the viewport, the little hand appears to allow us to move but we do not change back to the liquify tool when we release the middlemouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove the new Mocha popup window and sound when it's loading.

This "improvement" is annoying beyond belief, isn't needed, isn't wanted, and should be disabled immediately.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make motion blur switch turn off cc force motion blur.

When I turn off motion blur via the toggleable switch, cc force motion blur remains on. This can be very laggy and all I want to do is temporarily turn the motion blur off without going through each layer, possibly forgetting to turn them back on again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preferences: Default keyframes colours

It would be great to have an additional "Preferences" category similar to the "Labels" or "Scripting & Expressions" which let you set default colours for keyframes of standard properties.

Example: Position Yellow, Rotation Red, Scale Green

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base