After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. All ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the feature with unique display backlight level for AE.

Remove that feature with ounique display backlight level for AE. My screen is blinking everytime I start AE. It is extremely annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding and subtracting in the frame number box

I used to be able click in the frame number box, and type in something like "1460+20", for example, and then it would take me to frame number "1480". But the more recent versions of After Effects don't seem to do this any more? Can we have this feature reinstated please? Because it was really useful, and saved me from having to get my calculator out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the window resizing tool less buggy

This seems more like a bug than anything but please see the video. It's a HUGE pain in the neck simply resizing my windows in AE.

https://www.loom.com/share/bab0fe207f4f4cbc9860a73adc7a66a8

T

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop Autosolve in Camera Tracker

Camera Tracking could be much faster, when it does not start solving after every track point that is deleted.
    A way to manually start solving after having deleted all unwanted track points would be very convenient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show the number of selected files in bin.

Show the number of selected files in bin.
    When you select multiple files in After Effects Project bin, it won't show anything. They should show at least the number of selected files I have.
    I keep on getting me counting the number of files I have selected.
    But it can show other common stuff between those selected files too. But for sure, the number is the most important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make 'select keyframe label group' only twirl down the keyframes of that label

Right now, when I set a layer color to the 'scale' property on a bunch of layers and then use 'select keyframe label group', it will also twirl open all the other Transform properties on those layers. It would be much more useful if it opened only the 'scale' property (or wherever the labeled keyframes are located), because right now this makes the interface messy and hard to operate because of the large amount of properties that are shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ligatures and copy/paste

Unfortunately, if you activate the ligatures in a text field and copy this text into another text field, the ligatures are deactivated. Some special formatting of the letters is lost in the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to switch the direction of the timeline window

I'd like to be able to have the option to switch the running direction of the timeline window from left-to-right to top-to-bottom (and back again). This will help with screen real-estate when working with portrait format animations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow using the tab key in the Effect Controls dialog box to include the selection of pop-up menus in addition to text fields.

I would love to be using the tab key in the Effect Controls dialog box to include pop-up menus in the same way it does in the Composition Settings dialog box, including being able to use up arrow, down arrow, and spacebar to interact with the selected pop-up menu.

It would also be helpful to be able to start the tab key interaction with text fields (and pop-up menus) with a modified tab keyboard shortcut. Currently pressing tab when the Effect Controls panel is active brings up the Mini-Flow Chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy + Paste Text Styles

When working with many text layers, you often want to update all of them at once. Text style expressions are complicated, and manually updating each property for many layers is tedious.

Would be great to have "Edit > Paste Text Styles". Similar to "Paste Attributes..." in Premiere.

Workflow:
    Copy a Text Layer (CTRL+C), select multiple target Text Layers, and hit Paste Text Styles to apply the formatting to all of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the 'I' shortcut go to the earliest inPoint of multiple selected layers

Currently the behaviour when using the 'I' keyboard shortcut, when multiple layers are selected, is to move the CTI to the inPoint of the top-most selected layer in the layer stack. This would be far more useful if it moved the CTI to the inPoint of the group, ie. the earliest inPoint of the multiple selected layers.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Drag-n-drop layer into the layer selection field

I think it's really necessary to have an ability to simply drag-n-drop a layer from the timeline into the layer selection field instead of scrolling through the endless dropdown lists. And not just that. A double-click (or ctrl-click) could temporarily turn the field into a text input field to enter the layer number as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need the ability to not only have all upper case option for text, we need Title casing (Upper Lower) and all lower

We need the ability to not only have all upper case option for text, we need Title casing (Upper Lower) and all lower. AE only has all upper now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recognize active Media Replacement Comps as Used

When media replacement is used in the Essential Properties, a new comp is created in a 'Media Replacement Comps' folder. If one were to delete this comp, it would break the link and show the original media.

However, these active media replacement comps, which are being used in other comps, do not show as 'Used' when filtering with the dropdown list in the Project panel.

Similarly, they don't show as Used, or show a comp reference, in the preview area at the top of the Project panel, when they are selected.

In order to be able to safely clean up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Toggle 3D transform Gizmos

Be great to be able to quickly toggle the 3D transform gizmos on and off, much like you can do it with a shortcut (e.g. CTRL R for Rulers) or even built into the composition panel like the toggle transparency grid.

I love using them but would be great to turn on and off quickly rather than having to go up into the View Options drop down

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Click off a property keeps last value

Current experience: I click into the scale property, and using the keyboard arrows I get it in just the right position. Then I select another layer, and the scale from the previous layer goes to 0. Preferred experience: When I select a different layer, it keeps the last scale adjustment I made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Split the Difference command

How many times have we tweaked something only to wish we'd tweaked it half as much?
    Well, I propose to you, a split the difference command. It's like...half of an undo (and it should sit near it in the menu). Kinda like the fade command in Photoshop, but more quick and useful.

I understand that this would likely only be available on adjusting parameters with numerical values (and colors, since they're numerical too) and it wouldn't work for something like Curves or ye olde Colorama, but I think it would still be amazingly handy to have. Please and thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Options For Setting Layer Label Colors

It's such a drag to have to go into preferences to set layer label colors.

1. What if holding down a modifier when clicking on the layer swatch gave you a color wheel so that you could quickly select a color?

2. What if holding down a modifier when clicking on the layer swatch gave you an eye-dropper? Or maybe there is an eye-dropper in the color wheel box from #1?

Either way, it should be much easier to set label colors, and I need to be able to set/change them quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50

Feedback and Knowledge Base