After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 'Go To File' button after each export in the Render Queue

We need a pretty simple, and seemingly very obvious addition to the render queue:

After each completed export in the render queue, please add a button that can take you immediately to the rendered file's location. I find it odd how this hasn't been included, and you can't even go straight to that file's location by right-clicking on the item in the queue.

Also, would it be possible to add the ability to copy the folder location of one item in the queue, to the rest of the waiting, ready-to-go exports? Without having to manually click on each item and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better zoom for large comps

Please increase the internal zoom box value from currently 30000 to something much bigger.

Reason: I work in 12k and larger comps, and the max zoom value is limited to 200%, which is insufficient for detail work. I need to be able to zoom to 400% and 800% in order to be precise.

please add this to the todo wishlist.

related post from 7 (seven!) years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/1v15kv/cant_zoom_in_if_the_comp_is_too_big/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. (BUG) Preview Window only works intermittently

AE '22 -- Mac OS Catalina
    Preview on external monitor only works intermittently.
    Have enabled Mercury Transmit and chosen external monitor for preview -- but it dissappears occasionally, revealing the desktop wallpaper. This does not happen in Premiere Pro (in fact toggling back and forth to Premiere will sometimes reactivate preview in AE.) It continues to happen even when I am careful not to have the AE UI overlap onto the external monitor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change Default Render Option to "Queue in AME"

Allow users to choose "Queue in AME" as the default export option rather than "Render". This would standardize it with PPro which has "Queue" selected by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow access to Source Text / Value

I remember that some versions ago we could access the 'value' of Source Text via the context menu. But it is grey now, which makes it hard to edit empty text objects (i.e. when those were drive by an expression, but now need to be edited manually). Clicking in the canvas is no serious and reliable option, when the Text Layer already exists.
    Please make this value accessible again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug Report: AE Spot Lights and Null objects

Pickwhiping a (Spot Lights) 'Point of Interest' to a 'Null' object fails to attach said value as moving the Null no longer affects the position of 'Point of Interest'.

This bug was introduced in a (CC 2020) update and continues to persist into the current version of CC 2020 and later versions of After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After effects however. After effects does not give you the option for the detail of all the plugins used in the project. Let's add this func

After effects, however. After effects does not give you the option for the detail of all the plugins used in the project. Let's add this functionality

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug Report: Immersive Environment Projection Options

In Version 18, they removed the "VR Goggles" from the Composition Window which is where we would change the projection for the Adobe Immersive Enviroment so that the footage would be properly displayed inside of a VR Headset. You didn't give us another place to change this settings so any versions of AE past 17.7.0 are unusable for 360 VR workflows. Can we get our button back? #AdobeUXQC_Fail

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing curent render information v.2020

Missing Important function (curent render information show when click "current render"):

In the latest version of the program (2022), information about the currently rendered item is missing.

See the picture.

This feature saved the project a couple of times by pinpointing the layer in the composition that was causing the problem.
    Please restore functions.

Regards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A way to customize appearance

I enjoy working with animation, it's fun to make things move and bring characters and texts to life and light places that without the animation would be dark...

But lately, I've been experiencing some issues due to high myopia and the font size and dark appearance of After Effects. I think it would be great if there was an easy and clear way to change the UI of the software... Although I talked to support and they were very helpful to me, it is only possible to make font size changes partially of the software, and elsewhere the font remains…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show version name in About panel

It's hard to find out which Ae version is running. Only the behind the scenes version number and build are show, not the CC name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jan, could you please elaborate what you mean by “CC name”?

A couple of years ago, Creative Cloud apps like After Effects stopped using the “CC 20XX” branding. We generally refer to the different versions by their technical version number (in your screenshot, 18.4.1), or by the year and month of release (18.4 = August 2021).

We realize that this can be a little bit confusing, which is why the latest release of After Effects has been versioned as 22.0. This will align it with our coming releases in the year 2022. The other Adobe video and audio apps, like Premiere Pro, have also aligned their version numbers in this way, making it the first time Pr, AE, AME, and Au are all on the same version number! Easy peasy.

12. Hide "Frame Render Time" in Timeline panel

Please allow us to hide the "Frame Render Time" at the bottom of the Timeline panel.

It is a nice feature, but users should be allowed to hide it if they don't want extra information on their interface.

This could be a menu option on the Timeline tab (similar to where "Live Update" and "Show Cache Indicators" are located), or in the application preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Squash and Stretch

I'm failing to see the Squash and Stretch plug-in appear after clicking the menu option to open it within After Effects because of the "problem with Adobe's CEP panel installation that occurs on a few systems - most likely due to file permission issues."

I am submitting "a bug report to Adobe - since it is their installation process that fails here and only they can make sure it does not happen in the first place."

AE 22, build 111
    Windows 10 (recent update)

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyboard Shortcut „Reveal Properties with Animation“

I would like to ad a Shortcut for „Reveal Properties with Animation“. However this Command does not show up in the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. frame alignment

when I change frame rate of composition and nested composition I get frame alignment issue on timeline. when I try to shift layers with shaded timeline bar it doesn't align with it but if I try it with keyboard shortcut it's done. Is it a bug? I have attached two images to understand the situation. first image can explain the issue and another one is when I have used keyboard shortcut '[' to align the layer with timeline frame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How about a keyboard shortcut for scrubbing the timeline?

In C4D, if you hold the J key and click/drag, you can scrub through your timeline. No need to click on the playhead - you can click anywhere in the timeline or viewer. Super handy. Let's add that to AE! (unless it's already here and I'm unaware)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Center anchor point for each group transform in a shape layer

There is no automatic way to center an anchor point for each transform group inside a shape layer. I need to select each group using "Y" (Pan Behind) and move it's anchor to the center of each shape group, because After effects put all. of then in the center of the layer (the group of all shape layers groups inside a shape layer. So, it's time to have this option and a shortcut to do it all in a row right?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Navigate down/upstream in Flow Chart via Back/Forward key on Mouse or custom keys

It would be a great feature to add since travelling up or down the flowchart ie. in and out of pre-comps is very mouse dependant and requires you to physically move the mouse to press the comp you want to go in and out of. Whereas if you could have a custom key to do this you could move way quicker upstream/downstream the flowchart and keep the mouse closer to the timeline/effects area.

I am aware of the Tab Key function. The problem is it requires way too much motor function to press the blue arrow that then only loads…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Comp window "used X times" navigation dropdown bug?

I love, and always use the "used X times" dropdown at the top of the comp window, but recently the choices seem to be randomly grayed out half the time. I can't determine if anything else effects this behavior. Thanks!

(macOS 11.5.2)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make a new After Effects from scratch, with updated code and integrate current patches, optimizations and addons more fully and trim fat

I'm not the only one having issues, right? like, I'm running a 1070ti card, and a top of the line CPU from a small while after the 1070ti released, and I'm booting from an SSD and so on, I know it's not exactly a workstation, but it's better than most current apple devices still- So why is all of this taking up so much space on RAM, and beyond that, taking up to a minute to load, then taking another few seconds to open a blank file? I know it's not my installation, I reinstalled several times, but as far…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base