After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add to AME Queue skipping audio, adding ###

I found that, when a Comp is added to the AME Queue via the Ae Render Queue, while in Ae an image sequence output module was selected (by Default), and then in AME a different codec is chosen, e.g. H.264, the filenames still have the #### frame number, and lack Audio - these settings are copied from Ae in some way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Navigation sucks from the latest Update

The latest Update for 3d navigation sucks, it's too bad. I really like the previous Navigation cuz it was precise and far better than this update for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import illustrator Artboards as compositions or sequences

As per title.
    Now to import a multi artboart illustrator file into AE you need to save out every artboard as a separate file. Importing multiple artboards as compositions should be standard. I mean it can be done from XD, why not from Illustrator?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After Effects 2022 & C4D r.25

One of the uses of C4D Lite is it's ability to import vector files so AE users can create 3D extruded logos and other icons. This along with the ability to create extruded text was one of the main interactions that was covered when C4D LIte was first bundled with AE.
    The latest C4D release r.25, changed it's vector import workflow and they failed to add this new workflow to LIte.
    This removes the ability of Lite to import any vector file at all.
    The work around is to use the previous version of C4D, but this won't work forever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Default Output folder and Output Module per Project

Most of the time, I am working on multiple projects per day, switching several time. Each time I have to set the Output Folder and the Output Module for each.
    Why not store those in the Project Settings? (accessible from the Render Queue for user convenience :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With the option to have a multi app subscription, add After effects with premiere pro, it just makes sense.

Every program has a mutli program subscription, some make sense, light room with Photoshop, how about making it so after effects pairs with premiere pro like it should. Or have the subscription page a mix and match. Noone should have to buy two subscriptions just to put after effects with premiere pro. And I know there IS an all-in-one subscription that puts everything together. But having only two programs that SHOULD be together makes more sense

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. AE 22.1.1 still does not export to AME on Mac

It's clear this was a problem for many on both Mac and Windows after updating to 22.0.1, but I still cannot export to AME. AME opens, but nothing appears in the queue. I am running the latest OS and have restarted all programs/my laptop, etc.

I understand there are a couple workarounds, but as mentioned by others, this is a significant impediment to work flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ambient occlusion

Hello,

In the NVIDIA Control Panel (not "GE Force Experience"), PLEASE enable Ambient Occlusion. Right now, no matter what I do (even turning it on "universally" first), this is a locked option, and does not permit one to include Ray Traced AO in AE.

I'm not sure why this is turned off, but I use it for Ray Tracing with Element 3D, Maxon Red Giant Software, and Stardust.

Without the Ray Traced AO, it looks like junk. This used to be available without any issue, b/c I have previously used Ray Raced AO with these plugins.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AE Keeps re-analyzing 3D tracker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZLM41sAQo

Everytime I re-click the clip after it has solved it keeps doing it all over again. How do I stop it from doing this? With this short clip it's ok but when having 5K footage it's not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Open Recent / Save as Should Preserve Project Path

When working on a project, and the client requests amends for a previous project and we open it from File - Open Recent, edit the amends and save, it will save the project to the previous project I was working on and not on the recent one i opened. Please Adobe fix this as this is extremely crucial to working for clients and agencies. When doing fast requests this will save us lot of time and project files being scrambled with others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ctrl+Z (UNDO)

Ctrl+Z (UNDO) is not always working! this is very important, please fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dimension > to > After Effects

Rendre exploitable des projets (ou à minima des objets 3D) créés dans Dimension sur After Effects.
    En effet impossible de réutiliser une création faite dans dimension sous After... c'est très frustrant. Ne serait-il pas possible d'envisager un pont entre ces 2 logiciels ? Un format d'export pour Dimension qui serait accepté par After ? Merci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Also collect files added to AE via Dynamic Link (Character Animator, Premier Pro)

At the moment After Effects does not collect files that have been added to the AE timeline via Dynamic Link. It would be great if that was possible in the future. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [BUG] Gamma shift with AME rendering

Again. Dang.
    1) - 8bpc comp
    2) - Add to queue (Millions of colors, MOV DNxHR 444 12b)
    2) - Render via AME to "Mobile Device 1080p HD" preset
    3) - Gamma shift in the result
    😡

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Loop Toggle for comps

I would love a loop toggle for comps. The expressions are great, but for some projects it just makes things take longer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. M1 MAX Mac book pro issues selecting drop down menu tabs on layers.

I've recorded a screen grab of what's happening.

https://youtu.be/j0c3ePxwz8w

This is the latest version of AE running on a 12.0.1 16" 32GB MacBook Pro M1 Max. I thought I was crazy, so I used my mouse, then the touchpad, and when I click, nothing appears, then it vanishes before I can select what I want. Kind of a show stopper there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inherit project structure when exporting to folders

It would be a great feature if when I export I can keep the folder structure from my project. So if I have an Export-folder I my project and within that I have multiple folders for Lower Thirds, Intros, Backgrounds and so on with comps in them. When I export through Media encoder it would then place the files in a corresponding structure with folders on the hard drive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dragging footage onto the composition button in the project window is completely broken

In AE 2022, dragging any footage in the project window onto the composition button is completely broken. It no longer creates a composition or does anything at all.
    (I am using osx big sur on a 2020 iMac with 64gb of ram)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustartor files not importing to AE 2022. All layers are blank when *.ai file is imported as a Composition.

bug report. Illustartor files are not importing properly to AE 2022. All layers are blank when *.ai file is imported as a Composition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow altering Time Remapping on Replaced footage in MOGRTs

I work for an in-house media team and we create a lot of branded MOGRTs for our editors to use, some of which require asset replacement. I cant pin down the intricacies of when Time Remapping works and doesnt work when replacing the asset but I'd love to be able to adjust the Time Remapping of an imported layer confidently when using a MOGRT in Premiere when controlling TR with expressions. I know there is a warning in AE when exporting a MOGRT that Time Remapping isnt supported in replaced layers and I would love for it to be supported.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base