After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Errors when importing Animate .fla into AE project

As of the recent 17.0.2 update, I'm finding that I can't import Animate .fla files into AE.

The import dialog hangs for a while (whited-out in a non responsive state), then returns an error simply stating: "An error occured while importing this file. Please try again.". This error often appears behind the import dialog, and is easily missed.

This seems to happen with all .fla files, so I don't think it's a specifically broken file. On the previous AE / An version I had gotten around 50% of the way through a large project with fla importing working fine, and…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Marker Bin

Hi,

it would be great if we could see all Markers in a bin or folder or spreadsheet like interface.

Imagine you are searching for notes and shots that you marked
    You can easily find those shots in the markers interface.

Additionally you can remove them in this interface if you need to.
    Or select many of them even if they are inserted in different compositions.

I hope you find this helpful

thanxs

Peter

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skip frames RAM preview to count from start of timeline, not work area, like it use to.

I always use the work area to preview (not the option where it starts from the timeline). I also often use the option to Skip frames where AE only RAMs only every 2nd, 5th, 10th, or whatever frame, to save time. I also shuffle or extend the work area up and down to preview different areas. Years ago it use to count which skipped frames to preview from the beginning of the timeline, but now it counts from the beginning of the work area!!! So even if I push the area down a second, or a frame, even though the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Background color should not default to black when rendering via AME

When outputting via AE (without an alpha channel) the chosen background color renders as expected, but sending the same comp to AME results in a black background. Why do we need to place a solid behind each comp, only to let us render via AME.
    I only use AME to either render while working, or now because I'm forced to use it for common compression codecs, so for that one pass I need to remember that every single second of every single comp needs a solid on the bottom layer, yeah right.
    If you force us to use AME, give…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic legalize filenames on Output

I use Expressions a lot, to automatically generate Titles from the Comp name.
    But when diacritics (ë, ü, ï, é etc.) are used, AE won't output. In stead we get a Sheep sound.
    Wouldn't it be great, if AE, in stead of playing the sound, makes the filename legal (on Output only, without feeding it back to the Expressions ;-).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Glyphen

Glyphen Window for Text Elements directly in Ae instead of using Hex Code or Photoshop Glyphen with copy and paste into Ae for non keyboard glyphen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug Report - AE 17.0 - Lumetri Scopes displaying wrongly when Color Management ON

Footage displaying identically between AE and Premiere so not always have the same scopes between the programs.

Repro:
    Get just about any file in Rec. 709 0-255
    Import into Premiere
    Import same file into AE
    Open both scopes. Easiest to see in luma waveform mode.

With color management off, scopes and pictures seem to match. Once you turn color management on in AE (still off in PP), I'm unable to get AE and PP to match at all, ever.

I've tried teh following Working Spaces:
    sRGB
    Rec 709
    Rec 709 2.4
    Rec 709 16-235

and also tried all those spaces…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can you create a simpler way to loop a layer.

The current method seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

While RAM preview is running, if the user clicks on the timeline, After Effects freezes and I am forces to shut it down.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the Snapshot button slidable for opacity

AE has the Snapshot button, which lets you hold on it to switch between what's currently visible to the snapshot you took

Right now, the button will simply show you the snapshot and that's it

I think it'd be cool, if by holding the button and dragging your mouse left-right, you could overlay the snapshot with 0 to 100% opacity

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. フォントのバグ

フォントをキーボードの十字キーで移動して選んでいるとき10個目ぐらいからエラーが起きてソフト自体が「応答していません」と表示されます。
    十字キーで移動でき、フォントを一個ずつ表示されるのは本当に助かってます!
    あとはエラーが起きないようにしていただけると助かります!
    よろしくお願いします!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker

Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker. Make AE warp stabilizer become a planar tracker.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Centralized plugins and scripts folder

Just select the folder where AE should load the plugins and scripts from.
    Like it is in Cinema 4D R21 or like it is handled with extensions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi can we have a 'Go Shout at Adobe' button built into the UI?

I posted this over at the Community forum and somebody suggested i post here so here goes:

It just feels like EVERY TIME i have a deadline and normally right at the end of the project when it comes the time to render/export, After Effects or Media Encoder finds some new and unique way to give me problems..

If it's not some bizarre installation or authorisation issue, it's AddToMediaEncoder queue doing nothing. Or it launches MediaEncoder and doesn't add to queue. Or it complains DynamicLink isn't working. Or even adding the composition to the queue manually via MediaEncoder looks like…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow AE Cache and Database to be stored on external media

In the new and the classic Mac Pro the fastest drive possible is a NVME SSD or a RAID of multiple SSDs that is connected via a PCI card such as the "Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe Card" or the equivalent from HighPoint.
    The problem is that these volumes get recognized as external, removable drives and After Effects will not except them as cache location.
    So it's nonsense to restrict the drive selection. Please remove that function and let the user choose. If someone stores his cache on a slow thumb drive it's his own fault.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Paint\Clone\Stamp tool one frame length mode

Add one frame length mode for Paint\Clone\Stamp tool. Its always hard to use this tool for frame by frame, i always need to setup length manually to one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Individual Comp Settings Render Path

This is something that has bugged me for years.  I open a project, render.  Hop into a different project. Add to Render Queue.  Now all of my settings are pointing to the other projects render paths... 

I work for an advertising agency and I am constantly rendering work for multiple clients. When going back and forth the only way to retain output paths is to duplicate the item in the render queue.  Why?  Each composition should have the option within the -- Composition Settings -- to set a render path.  When you duplicate the comp, the render path stays.  This…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. After Effects 2020 BUGGGGGG!!!

Import Photoshop Compostion ( RETAIN LAYER SIZES )

IS NO LONGER WORKING.

PLEASE FIXXXX!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WideGamutRGB/Log3G10

Colour Space for RED Camera would very useful feature. Very recently I worked on a project which was shot on RED Camera. IPP2 workflow was adopted and I was asked to Output DPX/EXR with Log3G10 Colour Space by the technicolour. Unforunately, this particular colour space & any other colour space for RED camera does not exist in After Effects.

I spent months for the solutions but no luck. Everyone talks about the input using LUTs but there is nothing for output.

I am really happy that Arri Alexa and Sony is in place. But RED should be compulsory too since…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base