After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rounded Rectangle Mask Options

When you create a rounded rectangle mask, under the Mask Path there are no roundness properties/options to change the roundness setting after making the mask. There needs to be a setting/property to change the roundness of the rounded rectangle mask under Mask 1 in the timeline panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Collect Files..." not working at all on 22.4.0

I'm trying to package my project so I can move the whole thing to a new folder location. In the last version I was using, AE was crashing every time I would try to "Collect Files...". I updated to 22.4.0 hoping it would fix the issue, but now when I try to "Collect Files..." nothing happens at all. Also I have given AE full disk access in my system preferences. (I am running AE on a Apple M1 Mac Book Pro, macOS Monterey 12.3.1)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. after effects 22.4 on Mac Studio gives color flicker in pores 444 camera footage.

after effects 22.4 on Mac Studio gives color flicker (greenish frames) in pores 444 camera footage. turning off hardware acceleration for footage files seems to fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. aerender does not report progress

Somewhere between v. 20 and 22 aerender has stopped reporting progress on most renders, ignoring the -v "ERRORSANDPROGRESS" flag.
    It could be related to the use of output modules with interlacing. Sometimes it does report, but I haven’t found a pattern.
    I've tried to debug the commmandLineRenderer.jsx file and can confirm that it seems to understand the argument and sets curitem.logType = LogType.ERRORSANDPERFRAME_INFO; correctly.
    However both logging to console or file omits the usual pr. frame lines.
    This is a critical feature for us in terms of reporting render progress to users.
    I've tested…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Keyframe Objects in the Scripting API

Compositions, Layers and Properties are all objects with attributes and methods, but keyframes are not. In fact keyframes do not really exist as anything. To get a keyframe, you have to use Property methods such as “keyAtTime()”, or know the index of the key you are trying to access.
    Manipulating big amount of keyframes can be very difficult because of this.

It would be very helpful if Keyframes were objects and had their own attributes. Assigning ID to keyframes can be super useful as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Parenthesis () around the "Footage" folder when using Collect Files feature

These parenthesis are HARMFUL to production servers like the one at the agency I work at, and are generally unnecessary for the auto-generated folder when using the "collect files" feature in After Effects. Just "Footage" would be TOTALLY fine, but the parenthesis cause a lot of problems for machines and teams that can easily get tripped up with special characters. Please remove them from that dependency!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transition generator directly from After Effects to Premiere Pro

All the time when I want to add my custom transition in premiere I have to create new AAE comp and all the time make the same things. This app need to easy transitions making system where you'll declarate "dummy in" and "dummy end" of clip, and import it into Premiere pro, as transition with all comp solids, adjustment layers, nulls and effects.

I've tried to do my custom transitions using newest option to replace video components from premiere pro, but it's stupid declarate. There isn't "dummy video" but you have to set video path and replace this path from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. audio caching problem

When opening an existing AE project and swapping an mp3 file for a new mp3 file, I have to clear all of the cache in AE and in Media Encoder, otherwise it will render with the old mp3 file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After Effects crashes when importing a photoshop composition when you have an AEGP file in the plug ins folder.

An AEGP file is necessary to have in the AE plug ins folder to use State Sets with 3DS Max. Unfortunately, having the AEGP folder makes After Effects crash when importing a Photoshop file as a composition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. interpret timecode bug

Timecode interpretation in AE 22.3.0 is broken. When importing footage into AE with embedded timecode, the footage viewer shows runtime rather than the embedded timecode. The interpret footage panel shows the correct embedded start timecode, but will only show runtime timecode in the viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Paste layers in original order, regardless of order selected while copying.

Sometimes I need to select 10-15 layers from one composition to another, and these layers aren't necessarily all right next to one another, but still need to be pasted in the same order they appear in the source composition.

After effects pastes layers in the order selected, and there's no way to change this behavior. This means if I select a bunch of layers that are in no particular order, to then paste them in the order they appear in the source comp, I need to:
    1. Select all the layers I want to copy and paste
    2. Move them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Collect files does not include Compositions thate are referenced by expressions

Collect files for qeued / Selected Comps does not include any Comps referenced by expressions.
    Should be a simple fix.
    Please include.
    Workaround is to always have a copy of comps being referenced, but very few people realise this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extended Viewer as an option to be enabled for 2D rather than only 3D

The new extended viewer is a great addition to the program, nice being able to see outside of the viewer frame! It would be amazing if this was an option for a 2D workflow, there's definite benefits for being able to have vision of what's outside the frame

A workaround for those who like this as well, you can create a simple 3D layer and hide it. It will allow you to still use the draft 3D mode to have the extended view enabled for your 2D layers. Not sure what impact it would have on performance though having 3D…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make AE-created MOGRT files compatible with Premiere RUSH

It could be so great if the MOGRT files could be interpreted by the Rush App ! Desktop then Mobile app can have access to the templates 😍

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paste raster images directly into After Effects from clipboard.

Paste images from clipboard directly into a new layer in AE, which would automatically save an image file in some specified directory and create the link. I constantly get references from clients, screenshots, colors, style frames, plates for vfx, etc. that I need to pull in to AE quickly, and it's annoying to have to save a file from PS, then do an import, navigate to the file, etc..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After effects crashes when importing PSD files with latest update (version 22.2)

When importing PSD files the "importing selected items" popup gets lasts for a long time then After Effects crashes . Was working perfectly fine a few days ago.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Responsive Design - Space to After Effects

Just like how "responsive design - time" works, and its attributes are transferrable to Premiere Pro inside the MOGRT files, it would be great to have responsive design options for space.

This way, the Auto Reframe in Premiere Pro would be able to interpret essential graphics templates in size and position to accomodate different aspect rations.

Currently, essential graphics templates need to be resized and repositioned manually.

For text, as opposed to graphics, enabling automatic line braking would be essential for this function to work so I'd suggest adding a switch to enable that so that Premiere Pro can break…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix broken Prores import in AE 2022

Hello,

I have a strange issue since I updated to Macos Monterey (12.1) and the latest version of Adobe CC 2022. I use a Macbook Pro 14.

When I import Prores files (tested with 444 and 444XQ), they show a strange color cast, shift towards green-cyan. They also show artifacts, banding,... When I apply the same LUT to a DNXHR file (444 12bit), the image is clean. I have the same result in Premiere.

When I import both Prores and DNXHR files in Resolve and apply the same LUT, both are clean.

There's seems to be an issue with Prores…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unify all Color Picker and Gradient palettes

There are so many different color pickers and gradient palettes across After Effects, and most are rooted in early design that needs to be upgraded. The color picker native to After Effects is not bad, but some native effects, like Colorama, do not use it. The Gradient palettes are a bigger problem. The Ramp Effect, Layer Styles, Colorama, and Shape Fill Gradients all use different interfaces to create gradients. There needs to be a single, powerful, gradient palette that is available to the entire system. It should ofer all major gradient styles, allow unlimited color points along the gradient, be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add to AME Queue skipping audio, adding ###

I found that, when a Comp is added to the AME Queue via the Ae Render Queue, while in Ae an image sequence output module was selected (by Default), and then in AME a different codec is chosen, e.g. H.264, the filenames still have the #### frame number, and lack Audio - these settings are copied from Ae in some way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base