After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ripple Delete function

Introduce a 'ripple delete' (premiere) function. So that any gaps made or shortening of layers in a comp can be filled without selecting all the layers and moving them manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase recent projects list

Like you can in photoshop or premiere i'd like to be able to expand my recent list when opening files....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop ordering imported Illustrator layers Alphabetically

When importing Illustrator layers do not automatically sort them alphabetically. When I import a file and a layer titled Background keep it in its original place so I don't have to spend time ordering them in the way they were in illustrator. There is an option that says force alphabetical let that be the way to import layers alphabetically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Real-time playback improvement needed

When I try and load up a section of a composition to preview it doesn't play back smoothly even after it is cached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please bring all OpenType features to After Effects

Typography is an important part of many animations. With the great amount of options designers have with OpenType-Fonts every aspect of a font should be accessible in a modern animation software.

Please add all OpenType-Options as seen in the Photoshop Character Panel to be natively accessible in After Effects.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. align dashes to corners and path ends

The same as what already exists within illustrator. PLEASSEE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: Importing additional project(s) into an existing project affects the parent project settings.

Importing another project into an existing project changes the "project folder" in the renders to the new imported project folder instead of the actual project location of the *.aep file you are working in.

This bug causes much confusion when projects are imported simply for reference or additional content.

only tested in AE 2019

As a workaround, How can I change the project folder of a project so it reverts back to the parent project folder?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. crazy wall/ network view for assets

I like to have a crazy wall/ network view to show how my assets connected to my aftereffect project (*.aep). most times when I start a project I end up importing files from multiple folders and I like to know how fragmented my project is.
    most times I end up to collect my files into a new folder using Dependencies collect option but it would be nicer to see the relation between files and project before multiplication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Camera Tracker Workflow

The current After Effects camera tracker is abysmal. This is after multiple updates of AE. I implore Adobe to look at the Camera Tracker for AE released by The Foundry and implemented it instead of the incomplete Camera tracker available now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit multiple interpretations

I know - we can copy/paste ('Remember/Apply') footage interpretations, but why not edit the interpretation of multiple selected footage items at once? The current process is very unique and clumpsy (including the Remember terminology), and not very logical in all cases. Keep it for cloning interpretations (and call it copy/paste interpretation preferably), but please make the other method work (again).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. metadata

I'd like to see the option of "Log note" and "Good" in the metadata display along with the "Comment" in the project panel of After Effects, like it is in Premiere. Some times it's really helpful to have short notes and ticks when dealing with over a hundred compositions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Jump to the next whole 1 second.

It would be great to help speed up my work flow if, as I am working at 60fps, and I have a clip, image or effect at say 0:00:16:10, to be able to press a button - eg F5 - and have the timeline marker jump to the next whole 1 second eg 0:00:17:00
    thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have the same roughen effect from Illustrator in After Effects (with the same parameters)

I have this issue all the time and it'd be great - and allow for much creative variation - if you could add this feature.

Illustrator effects in After Effects.

Simple.

I often get logos/designs etc that have effects used in Illustrator that can't be copied directly across to After Effects.

For example, I'm currently working on a logo animation in AE. Designer provided an Illustrator file. The .ai file has a 'roughen' effect on the text. There's also a 'clean' version of it without the effect.

I'd like to be able to work with the 'clean' version in AE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG:Inaccurate results when setting displayStartTime via script

After Effects does some bad math when I try to set the displayStartTime of a comp via script.
    When I attempt to set the displayStartTime of a 30fps comp to frame 1000 (33.333333333333 seconds).
    The result startTime is instead 33.3333320617676, which rounds down to frame 999.
    However, setting the startFrame to 1000 manually in the comp settings does make the startTime 33.3333333333333, which should be the expected result via script.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG:Inaccurate results when setting displayStartTime via script

After Effects does some bad math when I try to set the displayStartTime of a comp via script.
    Run the attached script on an active 30fps comp. The script attempts to set the displayStartTime to frame 1000 (33.333333333333 seconds).
    The result startTime is instead 33.3333320617676, which rounds down to frame 999.
    However, setting the startFrame to 1000 manually in the comp settings does make the startTime 33.3333333333333, which should be the expected result via script.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Source / Masks / Effects & Masks effect option scriptable

It is possible to set and change each property of the effects with a layer selection dropdown (such as Set Matte or Compound Arithmetic) via scripting, however the selection for 'Source / Mask / Effects & Masks' is currently inaccessible (via script).

Please reveal this dropdown property to the Extendscript API for all effects with a layer selection dropdown.

Screenshot of this inaccessible dropdown is attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color swatches in CC libraries are not usable in AE

I would like to go to a shape, fill, and then be able to click on a CC library swatch...

Currently, I have some colours in my CC libraries, for cross platform projects.
    The whole team works with these swatches - but when they come to me to incorporate them to an AE project, the workflow is interrupted.

The colour picker tool doesn't work either: the hex values are completely incorrect, and there's no simple way to copy the hex value from the cc library swatch either: I find myself going to Illustrator or Indesign, opening each swatch and copying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Photoshop Groups Warnings

When importing a PSD, it would be nice to throw a warning if a group has either a mask or layer style applied to it.

They don't translate to AE, but if you don't know they're supposed to be there, it's easy to miss.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. caps lock error

The caps lock refresh disable is appearing intermittently without caps lock being depressed, making it nearly impossible to see my artwork in the comp viewer. I am on 16.1.2 build 55. I'm on a macbook pro 2016 running macOS 10.14.6. I've trashed preferences and restarted the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow .mogrt files to export with adjustment layers to affect video clips in Premiere.

I use a lot of the same graphics for multiple "Projects" and wanted to create a template in After Effects for consistency and lessen the workload. But It part of that graphic is to turn part of the video clip black and white I need to use an Adjustment Layer. Allowing Adjustment Layers to port over with .mogrt files would make things much easier for me and I'm guessing others as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base