After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Faster rendering/previewing of video files within After Effects.

Faster rendering/previewing of video files within After Effects.
    If necessary make it only work with a few codecs.

Example, I need to change the last 5 seconds of a 1 minute project.
    So, I get the last video file I've rendered, put it on a time line and add the last 5 seconds of the updated comp at the end.
    Now it took AE 36 minutes to just re-render the clip before touching those last 5 seconds.
    PR does this in about 10 seconds.

A long time ago, pre-2014 versions, AE was capable of rendering video files pretty quickly, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multi frame rendering - number of threads

In MFR preferences let us set how many threads/cores MFR uses. I've found that on a 24core machine reducing affinity to just half the cores, makes the render ryn just as fast but with half resources - would be nice to be able to set how much cores MFR is able to use - you know, to leave some for other operations - right now MFR takes up 100% of all cores, and like I said, part of that performance is wasted anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Fit up to 100% mot maintaining correct aspect ratio

When adjusting the window frame wit Fit IUp to 100% in the Composition viewer, aspect ratio is not being maintained correctly. Circles go from Being wider to being taller. This is in a square pixel HD comp and it does not display correctly until zoomed to standard percentage size.
    Issue is the same with or without GPU acceleration or any of the scaling quality setting (More Accurate)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Management choppy playback

I recently found what I can only describe as a bug in the Color Management workflow. I have a Blackmagic Intensity Extreme and it plays back to a JVC broadcast monitor. I am running AE on a Mac Pro dustbin.

I had a project that involved lots of gradients that were banding terribly so using a combination of HLS Noise and Renoiser I was able to get a passable solution. However when I played the timeline back in full resolution the playback although smooth on the computer monitor was choppy on the second JVC one. Reducing to Half res solved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rotoscoping Performance

Fix the atrocious performance of RotoScoping.
    This is excruciating.

My specs are more than adequate to run this. When Rotoscoping my memory will run at about 60%

I have removed the new versions and are now Build 41, Version 18.4

No features should be added until this is fixed. It is now unusable.
    My specs:
    Windows 10
    11th Gen Intel @3.60Ghz
    16 GB Ram
    58 GB Virtual Memory
    SSD 1 TB (130 GB free)
    HD 2 TB (Free 1.7 GB)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AE 18.4 hangs for ~1 minute on launch

When launching AE 18.4, I get spinning pinwheel just before the initial window opens up to select recent projects. This lasts for ~1 minute and then goes back to normal.

I reverted to 18.2.1 and problem has disappeared.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RAM Playback is still slow on 4K GUI

Hi,

I have noticed there are several bug reports regarding the unsufficient RAM playback on 4K GUI, e.g. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/36926725-ram-preview-plays-back-slow-on-4k-monitor-unless-i

This is still definitely an issue on the latest AE 2021 18.4.0, on Windows 10 64-bit, UHD 620 integrated GPU.

RAM playback seriously frame drops on 4K full screen > drop AE to the corner to resize the complete AE UI to 1920 x 1080 > RAM playback is realtime again!

Please improve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After upgrading to AE ver 18.4 build 41 I can't finish the preview without a crash

After upgrading to 18.4 build 41 my AE crashes and will not finish the preview

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve sampleImage() performance

After looking online at many people's experience with the sampleImage() method, it seems that there are varying hits to performance when it is utilized. For example, someone running this method in a for loop 1000x can cause the expression to time out where running the method in a for loop 500x can preview in faster than real time. There may be a caching or garbage collection issue with this method.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GPU render engine keeps turning off to software only

I have a 3080ti and AE will see and use it just fine. Problem is AE will continue to revert to software only in the project settings and the little rocket icon will go grey until I switch it on again. This problem has been happening for the last handful of releases. Currently on 18.4.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AE Beta (M1) Renders Hang..

Over the course of a couple of weeks, im having to try and render the same sequence over 50+ times each. Renders will just stop and hang on a frame in the AE Render Queue and then in the Media Encoder Queue they will just stop as well.

Not sure if something in the beta got screwed up but historically speaking, Rendering with Adobe is at an all time bad on this beta. Completely unusable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OpenCL being dismissed on Nvidia cards due to no SSG? problem?

System Compatibilityis GPU sniffing and if SSG (AMD only GPU nvme cache) is not present the card is ignored.
    It seems that some processes benefit from Cuda but some also benefit from Open CL.
    Many apps at least let you choose CUDA or Open CL
    So either:
    - let the user choose
    - use both and intelligently choose the fastest option

Because I assume the priority will still be given to open CL compatibility, despite Cupertino dropping it

I also realise people have difficulty thinking about two things at once but it seems the slow on board graphics can sometimes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Utilize both NUMA nodes.

So some CPUs, like the AMD Threadripper 3990x are GREAT for rendering in some software, like Fusion 360, Blender, etc.

Unfortunately, even with multi-frame, only a single NUMA-node is being utilized.

Now, that being said, I did a performance test using this benchmark:https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-multithreading-you-ve-been-asking-for/td-p/11885358

Without Multi-Frame Rendering: 12m:50s
    With Multi-Frame Rendering: 3m:49s

That's a DRAMATIC improvement. That's wonderful!

And yet, we are still not utilizing all 64 cores. While watching the render, I observed only 1 NUMA node (64 threads: 32 cores) being utilized, with roughly half of my CPU's power being left not utilized for the render.

If there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Saving file while previewing composition

I hit accidentally space bar and save. And the estimated time for saving 32 MB file was 47 minutes. You can do nothing. When the save window is active you can't stop playing preview. You can't cancel saving. Is that possible to disable playing preview while saving, just until the save is finished

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow relocate columns in AE interface

Columns like 'layer/name' and 'keys' should be on the right side, close to the timeline. It makes more sense if you consider how our eyes moves when editing properties:

1) start it on keyframes
    2) go to identify the layer/name
    3) go for pig tail, alpha etc.

...start, left, back to right. you go back and forward....

But if layer/names would be on the right, it will be start, left, left.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the lags!

Whenever I precompose, split layer, or move the playhead one frame forward or backward, it takes three seconds from me pressing the hotkey to the command being carried out... and often precomposing will cause After Effects to crash.This happens regardless of if have hardware acceleration turned on or off. It feels like I am using AE on a computer from 10 years ago, even though my machine is overspecced for After Effects.

I have been through the Adobe Customer Care pipline (where's my purple heart?) and they have determined that it is not an issue on my end, but an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crtl + Alt + M

Shortcut ctrl+alt+m (add to adobe media encoder queue) has not worked since 2018 in Windows. Nothing happens. I test on several different computers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What kind of expressions let project slow?

Hello guys!
    I know some expressions let the project in AE or Premiere Pro (mogrt) slow. Searching on internet I've found expressions like valueAtTime, sourceRectAtTime or those who eval layer index. Well, I know too that code like "if else" statament let code slow as well. I would like to know if is that all true and if possible, to know what kind of code/expressions would be interesting to avoid in order to keep MOGRT or even after effects projects better in performance. Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Resolver problema Wacom

Trava ao usar o com a caneta Wacom... mudo para o mouse USB e funciona, com a caneta não consigo nem mexer direito. Estou usando o sistema macOs Big Sur, e o drive da mesa Wacom está atualizado.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)