After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. have auto save save more frequently

editing takes a long time. when the program crashes, all progress is lost unless previously autosaved or saved. with more frequent autosave, less progress will be lost if the program crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug - When master property is linked to json data by expression, it does not render properly with aerender

When a master properties value is linked to a json data file in the comp and the comp is rendered with aerender, the value of the master property in the rendered file is reverted to it's unaltered value, ie. does not reflect the value of the data

This does work correctly when rendering normally, only seems to be when rendering with aerender

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Real planar tracker GPU and AI based

New reliable planar tracker GPU accelerated and AI based, able to track AE masks or match move layers and corner pins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. app.open() crash

Just calling app.open() in jsx crash after effect

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. dynamic link

I have an imported AE composition in Adobe Premiere, when I make a change and save the file in AE it unlink in Adobe Premiere.

Correct that please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tell users they're also installing Maxon Cinema 4D

Let me know that AE will install Maxon Cinema 4D. I saw it installed, and had no idea why: had to Google the answer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flaws in adding a Lumetri LUT

When I have a project that uses Lumetri's LUTs, when I add a new LUT to the Creative and Technical folders, the LUT used in the project is changed.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\Lumetri\LUTs

In other words, it seems to be remembered by the number from the top, not by the name of the LUT.
    Because of this phenomenon, it is not possible to introduce new LUTs. All of my previous projects change color.
    We need an improvement as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a "Select Forward" feature

so we can select all layers to the right of the time indicator/cursor. It's a hassle to have to manually select every layer when I want to make a change that is in the middle of the video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't select ColorProfile from importet ProRes Files

In the newest AfterEffects Version (17.1.2) you cannot change the ColorProfile of an imported ProRes4444 File, resulting in a unwanted color shift. ( I am using ProRes4444 Renderings as Prerender-Files and always changed the Profile from Rec709 to sRGB) I am in general working in a linearized sRGB worflow.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Compound layer

Would be nice to have a Layer that can hold multiple layers within it. Similar to the concept of track in Premiere. A track can have a number of clips in it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report: AE 17.1.1 - Preference files could not be opened for writing

After Effects constantly presents error ( 3 :: 0 ) since the update. I have deleted the pref files manually, reinstalled After Effects, tried checking all folder preferences, even moved to different PC and the same issue started when I installed the latest version. This is driving me crazy, all the preferences (.txt) files constantly being reset. *Both PC's are Windows 10, higher spec and up to date.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rotobrush crash

Ok so i know alot of people are having this issue but whenever i make a first stroke using the rotobrush tool it just crashes every time. I've cleared up space and purged and cleared some RAM but it still crashes whenever i make a stroke. Like when i click stroke ae just freezes and when i go into task manager it says ae not responding PLZ I REALLY NEED HELP. I've had this issue for so long

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OCIO ACES highlights corrupt. OCIO ACES need to built-in!

While i am testing result with OCIO ACES (workspace None, no signs on linear and blend gamma 1.0) i figured that some blend modes such as screen provides similar results but highlight is corrupted. I hope you add built-in support of OCIO

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm trying to find the Maya live link command.

I do find the download section but only for Macintosh. Can you send me a link to the window file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CC Library assets colours and swatch colours are incorrect in After Effects (only)

1 - Using the eyedropper tool on a CC Libraries swatch gives you incorrect colour values

2 - When dragging in RGB assets from CC LIbraries (for example some Illustrator files), the colours of these assets are incorrect, even if you use the exact same colour space as the source file

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't generate light sweep in after effects

Trying to generate a light sweep on some text, somthing I've done many times, however now when I generate the light sweep there is no intensity at all on the text. Anyone help please?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3d Text Layer is Soft vs 2D Text

I'm noticing a discrepancy between the sharpness of 2D text layers vs 3D text layers. It's subtle, but noticeable. If I toggle on/off the 3D checkbox, I can see it switch from sharp in 2D to a little softer in 3D. No camera in the comp. No motion blur or any effects. I've attached a project file where I'm seeing the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Synchronize Time of All Related Items

When working with two views on different precomp with time-remap the only way to sync the picture is to uncheck "Synchronize Time of All Related Items", I propose to have a smarter solution that can help sync between comps view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New way to think about After Effects

I think of After Effects as a platform and not a product. It has a nice baseline of features and capabilities, but it's a shell for developers to build it into something for them. It has a plethora of plugins and extensions. And using the language of the web, Javascript, make scripting much more accessible than other packages.

Thinking of AE as a platform means the focus would be on creating a solid, stable, performant foundation. Maybe even creating more powerful development and scripting tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base