After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TEXT cursor BUG / ERROR

When using the "all caps" feature in the character panel, the cursor in the composition window inserts a double space after the last character.

The other very annoying bug is when I have the text cursor selector hovering over 3 text layers in a composition (two or more text layers are HIDDEN, only the TOP one remains visible) the text selector ALWAYS selects the HIDDEN text layer, even though a) they are BEHIND, AND b) HIDDEN.

I'm so done with Adobe's monoply honestly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CTRL+ALT+A no longer selects all visible properties

Pressing this combination used to select all visible properties. now it just causes random windows to open and close. Appears to be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: White dot/blob appears in 8bpc project

I have encountered a weird bug. First, I thought it was a fault in the project, but today I created a new, blank one, added an empty comp and the white blob is back. It looks the same and its on the same position.
    Since its repeating in a brandnew project, this is likely a bug.

Its only visible in 8bpc projects, all higher bpc, this blob is gone.
    I haven't re-installed AE yet, since its a workplace station and the IT has to do this and also reinstall all plugins. During a working day, thats almost impossible.

Do you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report - Layer/Camera/Link Focus Distance To Layer does not work!

3D Camera 'Link Focus Distance to Layer' does not work. When initially linking the focus distance, it is set correctly. But as soon as you orbit the camera around an orbit null, the focus distance no longer stays locked to the focus layer. Also, and bizarrely, if the orbit null is deleted the focus distance resumes the correct lock. After a lot of experimenting and 2 completely useless and infuriating sessions with Adobe support (Adobe - your tech support sucks - I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with your tech support), I discovered that the problem appears to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix timeline issue in the latest update

On a macbook air 2017 running mojave 10.14.3, left clicking in the timeline DOES NOT work at all, only option is to right click which somehow registers, the recent update broke left clicking on the timeline and no layers can be clicked, this is a major bug and paralyzes my work. Please get it fixed ASAP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug.

We are currently investigating this problem but are having difficulty reproducing the issue. To isolate and fix the problem, if you are experiencing this we would like to know:

- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
    - What hardware are you using? (ex., 2018 MacBook Pro or MacBookPro15,2 (A1989)
    - Did the problem always occur since you first installed After Effects 16.1 or did something trigger it?
    - If something triggered it, does restarting After Effects clear the problem? Restarting the computer? Clearing the After Effects preferences?
    - If something triggered it, what is the trigger?

6. 16.1 update rendering bug : 1000% speedup on rendered output

idea? NO. this is a bug report.
    a SHOW STOPPER BUG.

renders are now outputting at 1000% percent of the speed of the comps.

for example: a 5 minute output now comes in around 5 seconds.

PULL 16.1 TILL YOU GET THIS FIXED

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this bug report.

Can you share a project file that demonstrates the problem? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, what OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3) What is your hardware configuration?

This is the first report we’ve heard of this problem, so we need to understand your project and configuration in order to investigate.

7. Audio and video playback bugs

I'm Japanese. I use Google Translate.

When playing back only the audio on the After Effects timeline, the beginning of the audio is cut off and it can not be played back properly.
    How, if you play video and audio simultaneously, you can play audio normally.

This happens even if the composition has only an audio layer.

You can confirm that After effects are playing in real time from the information panel.

The environment of PC is as follows.

Windows Main PC
    CPU: Core i7-8700K
    Memory: 32GB
    GPU: RTX 2080
    After Effects: CC2019

Windows Sub PC
    CPU: Core i7-7700K
    Memory:…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adob CC After effects 2019 keeps crashing

So since last week im not sure if this is due to a windows update or something else. But i have been having glitches and crashes in after effects 2019.
    The frist thing is, an imported video turns purple and green, i have tried purging cache, cleaning up the pc, reinstalling after effects, this did not help with it, i have tried changing the renderers. Nothing helps.
    The second thing is, moving a frame or previewing it, leads to crashing after effects. Even making a new composition has the same effect.
    I have no idea what to do, and no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Videos export darker than project

Every time I export from AE, the videos come out about 10-15% darker than the original. I've tried many different export settings with the same results. If one were to take a video, put it in AE, export it with a rewrap, take the exported video, put it in a new comp, and repeat this several times, the results become very obvious. It's exporting darker every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support CUDA Acceleration, for GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP Edition

Hello, I need help since it says in my program (After CC 17) that my video card is not supported (Ge Force GTX 1060 AMP Edition).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

12. Preview Does Not Work

I'm having an issue where previewing simply does not work. Sometimes frames will turn green as it plays though, sometimes only one frame will show green at at time. Even if it appears that it's rendering and all keyframes turn green, once it gets to the end of the work area, the green bar disappears completely and it does not play back. I've tried restarting my computer, importing my project into a new file, purging the caches, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AE 2019 master properties (with keyframes) causes random glitch

I have builded a template project with the AE 2018 that involves expressions and master properties to animate the properties of the multiple templates in the same comp. It works fine in the 2018.
    When I've imported it in the the AE 2019 it start to glitch and doesn't recognise some keyframe in random way, purge the cash works just temporarily, I have also tried to collapse the properties, but does't work.
    I have had to downgrade the project and to the 2018, but all the comps reset to the default I have to re keyframe all the master properties…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time Reverse layer

There is a persisting bug with the 'Time reverse layer' command - often drops first frame, sometimes drops or displays random wrong frame elsewhere in the reversed layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please post a project file with footage that demonstrates this issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

15. Missing plugin notice gives no information on where the missing plugin layer is

Opening up an older project, you sometimes get a notification about a missing plugin, but then no information on how to track down where the problem plugin is.

How many layers have the issue?

Can the layers and comps have a warning symbol so you can see where the problem is?

Can there be some sort of log that lists what comp and what layers are missing plugins?

It's really annoying to hunt around for them, delete/replace them, reopen the scene and it still give the same error because you couldn't find them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this feature request.

Currently in After Effects, you can use the Search fields at the top of the Project or Timeline panels to search for either:
    - The keyword “Missing Effects” (which is a saved term if you click on the magnifying glass icon). This will show all comps in the Project panel, or layers in the Timeline panel that reference effects that could not be loaded.
    - The name of the effect that was reported as missing.

Does the above functionality meet your needs, or do you still desire additional functionality?

16. Bug with several layers with mask or shape

When I do several layer with mask, or serverals shapes layer :

The paths of the different layers hide each other

The presence of two layers causes displacements of the paths

I did the last updates.
    Ae works on windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Bug] When layer with a mask has scale keyframes, when click and drag to move layer it selects mask points instead

It's a bug that needs fixing

Here's a gif to show behaviour https://gfycat.com/CavernousLeanDrever

It only occurs when there's scale keyframes on the layer, if removed then it works fine

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for providing a screen capture of the problem.

I’m not able to reproduce this issue with a simple test. It will help if you could provide us a project where the problem occurs.

Please post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, please tell us:
    - Do you use a pen tablet (i.e. Wacom or other brand) , mouse, or other pointing device?
    - What version of After Effects are you using? The specific version from the About After Effects dialog, please. ex., After Effects 16.0.1
    - What…

18. Shift canvas to center based on layer / focus on selected layer / center view port

This may already exist but I cannot find it. Imagine a precomp larger than the final aspect ratio/output settings, and with many layers that require detail work. Rather than space/handing around the composition, it would be nice to use a quick key to move the entire composition so the selected layer/content was centered in the view port. Like selecting an object in CInema 4D and pressing O to bring it front and center.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

In the View menu, the Look At Selected Layers and Look At All Layers command do something similar to what you describe. More information on these commands:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/cameras-lights-points-interest.html#adjust_a_3d_view_or_move_a_camera_light_or_point_of_interest

Note that you must have a camera in the composition for these commands to work.

The keyboard shortcut F is defined by default for Look At Selected Layers (alternately, Option + Shift + Command + \ on macOS, Alt + Shift + Control + \ on Windows). You can customize this in the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Does this meet your needs, or is there different functionality you would like to see?

19. motion blur and continuously rasterize - Bug

On After Effects CC 2019: When I hit the motion blur button and the continuously rasterize button on a composition, After Effects crashes down or the composition get double and changes its place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem.

Can you post a project that experiences this problem? And/or a screen recording of the problem in action.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

20. Audio playback is choppy - Bug

Audio playback is choppy and sometimes slows to a crawl in After effects. This happens even without any video in the comp on my win7 PC.
    My configuration is 2x8 core Xeon E5-2630
    32GB RAM
    SSD cache disc
    Audio works fine in all other applications so I assume this is an AE bug.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

We need more information before we can investigate this problem.

Is the audio choppy only while After Effects is rendering previews, or after the composition is cached in RAM and playing back?

While After Effects is rendering a preview, audio playback may be choppy or slowed down, as playback at this point may not be real-time.

Once the preview is rendered and cached (the rendered frames are represented by green marks in the Timeline panel), playback should be real-time and audio playback should be smooth.

You can determine whether or not playback is real-time in the Info panel.

If the problem is only that audio is not smooth while previews are being rendered, you can disable audio during rendering in a couple of different ways:
    - In the Preview panel, enable the Cache Before Playback option. This causes After Effects to not attempt playback…

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base