After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot save AE project: "Could not rename the file" shows temporary file name

Hi,
    I am using After Effects V22.01 on Windows 10.
    Lately I have not been able to save my project. It works for a while, then suddenly the problem occurs. I am saving to a AVID server disk.
    The error message reads, "After Effects warning: Could not rename the file 'Y:....<nameOfProject>.4888.8984.aep' to '<nameOfProject.aep'. The number are added by After Effects and seems to be some sort of temporary name? I have to save as to get this working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug Report: The image which made rendering in Ae2022 is broken.

When I make rendering in TIFF-sequence and PSD-sequence , an image is broken.

GPU : RTX2060S (Driver v471.11)
    Ae : v22.0.1

Ae condition

[project-setting]
    Depth: 16bits per channel

[output-module-setting]
    Depth: Milions of colors+
    Color: Straight(unmatted)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 旧製品用ワコムタブレットドライバとの相性

intuos4をwindows10で動かす為のドライバ(WacomTablet_6.3.30-6.exe)を入れたら最新verのaftereffectsが起動直後にクラッシュするようになった。改めて最新のwacomタブレットドライバを入れたらその症状が治まり起動するようになった

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AE 2022 v22.0.1 (Build 2) - macOS Render Queue Batch Output Location Does Not Change

The render queue within AE 2022 v22.0.1 on macOS 11.6.1 (20G224) does NOT change the output location when selecting multiple comps in the queue. Manually need to set each location, render one at a time, or use AME. Almost unbelievably, it's easier to let it default wherever and find/move your files later.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Thai characters rendering issues

Hi, I work in a big team, and several guys were having issues with the rendering of Thai characters in After Effects.

The main issue we encountered was some vowels not being rendered in the correct position or completely missing altogether.
    We have been using the "south asian and middle eastern" text engine, but with different results. If we create the file from scratch using that engine, we barely encounter the issue, but usually we receive files created by our clients, so we find ourselves constantly trying to solve this, and having different results in various computers with the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support 5.1 Audio Directly from After Effects

Being able to take an interleaved 5.1 audio WAV file and render it onto a final MOV as true multi-track (as opposed to current flattening to stereo) would be revolutionary for our Graphics department. This would alleviate the need to re-render out of Premiere to incorporate 5.1 audio onto final graphics files.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pre-Comp Library

Creative Cloud libraries are a great feature of the CC environment. What if we could save AE pre-comps as assets to be re-used in different AE projects?
    If I create a simple animation using AE shape layers, I might want to use the same animation later. I could render it, but that would be a destructive way to save the element.

Can Adobe implement some sort of pre-comp asset file into the CC library ecosystem? If I create a simple shape layer animation and would like to save it as a pre-comp file outside of the original AE project, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search and replace text in files, folders, layers, effect names, texct layers, etc.

Often I need to rename batches of layers, masks, files, etc. Or I need to manipulate a large volume of text layers to swap out a word (much less often). It would be nice to have this feature built into to AE. For what it's worth I've been using the software and making my living from it for close to 20 years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text panel for After Effects

It would be really useful if I could scrub through timelines by selecting words on a transcript, the same way it works with the text panel in Premiere Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug report: paint stroke with shift

using paint stroke with holding shift to draw straight lines creates multiple actions in the history, so I cannot undo the stroke with "Command+z"
    this applies to clone stamp tool as well.

just checked the previous versions and last time it was working correctly was AE CC 2019.

AE 22.0.0
    OS 10.15.7
    iMac27 2019 radeon Pro Vega 48

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Essential Sound in AE

Just saw Jason Levine's demo showing Essential Sound in Premiere. It would be great to have that feature in AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To allow interconnection use of compositions, despite the updates

To allow compositions created in old versions (After v18.4.1) to be used and allow to import in Premiere Pro after updates.

So allow interconnection use, despite the updates, which help the creator to secure the editing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Error message with AE 2022

AE 2022 is unstable and have bugs. It keeps cashing and sometimes just won't opening, I have to force quit and restart.
    I also got this error message when opening a specific project :
    "Internal verification error, sorry! [no current context]".
    I tried to reinstall AE, did not work, then I reinstalled CC desktop and all my app, and I still got this message.
    I was hoping today's update was going to fix that, but no, I still got the error.
    I had to downgrade AE to the previous version and now everything's fine. I miss the good old times…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Submit your app to Microsoft Store

Hello, could you please submit your Windows app to the Microsoft Store? To make it easier to download, and users did not have to think about updates. With the release of Windows 11, it became possible to submit traditional desktop apps (Win32) in the Microsoft Store, not just UWP - https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-store/desktop-apps/.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Farsi numbers issue in Essential Graphics

There is a bug preventing Farsi text output from Essential graphics text output.

After entering / pasting Farsi numbers into Essential Graphics input text box, they automatically turn into English numbers.

Unless Hindi digits is checked in character pannel which forces them to Arabic numbers.

Image 01: Farsi Numbers have turned into English Numbers upon submitting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Perspective Offset in Turbulent Noise does nothing

The Perspective Offset checkbox in Turbulent Noise does not currently work. No parallax. It does wok as it should in Fractal Noise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. maybe bug report: $.getenv() return different value between Mac and Win

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = void 0 === ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript ? new ExternalObject("lib:AdobeXMPScript") : ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript;

var xmpData= new XMPMeta(app.project.xmpPacket);

$.setenv(xmpData.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_XMP_MM, "DocumentID").value, []);

alert(
    $.getenv(xmpData.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_XMP_MM, "DocumentID").value)
    )

on Mac it returns "" , on Win it returns null

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bugreport: wrong colors with PNG import since AfterEffects 17.7.0

Since AfterEffects 17.7.0 the colors of PNG files will be shown not correctly. It seems the the PNGImporter ignores the colormanagement of the files or does something else wrong.
    Attached you can find screenshots with wrong and correct result.
    I also wanted to upload a sample scene so that you can test it on your site, but an upload of zip or aep is not possible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show full project file path in header

I use the "Edit Original" option out of Premiere a lot. It opens up the associated After Effects file. But there are times where I have multiple AE files in Premiere and would like to know which AE file I am actually working on.

I know the filepath is in the header of the app. but please show the full file path. There is plenty of space up there yet my filepaths are truncated with ellipses. Please give us an option to see the exact location of the project. As it is now, I have no idea the exact location…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base