After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. All ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AEfx 2023 v23.1 BETA M1 fails to install because of Cinema4D

I'm unable to install latest After Effects BETA v23.1 2023 BETA on my Macbook M1 MAX, here is the crash log

Exit Code: 183
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 3 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 183) executing in command 'RunProgramCommand' for package: 'AdobeAfterEffectsBetaBetaAllTrialmaxon-osx-arm64', version:23.1.0.17
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeAfterEffectsBetaBetaAllTrial
    maxon-osx-arm64 Version: 23.1.0.17). Error code: '183'
    ERROR: Inside LaunchProcess. Process does not exists at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Keyfiles/AfterEffectsBeta/Beta/CustomHooks/dvaPlistGen2016
    ERROR: Inside LaunchProcess. Process does not exists at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Keyfiles/AfterEffectsBeta/Beta/CustomHooks/Maxon Cinema 4D Full Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/osx-arm64
    WARN: Unable to run program "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Keyfiles/AfterEffectsBeta/Beta/CustomHooks/dvaPlistGen2016"
    WARN: Warning (Code = 183)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collect Project - faster File sequence collection

Currently file sequence data is very slow to collect and can push up wait time considerably, especially in longer form projects, in comparison to .mov files etc.

Please Look to find a faster way to collect file seq files in the collect. process.

The current collect methodology hasn't changed since AE began.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collects that are content aware - to avoid data duplication - Group Collect

Currently if you collect multiple projects with same assets it duplicates all the same assets in each collects footage folder.

A "Group Collect" could a consolidated Footage folder that avoids collecting multiple files that are the same an that use the same resource.

This would save on data sends to clients

You could begin this with an option in the current collect panel to 'start a group collect' option.
    First project gets collected with a group footage folder created.

Second projects to collect could have a 'add to group collect' option and only the items that are different would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collect Project In Background

Like a background render it would be a lot more time efficient for artists to have collects being made in the background so they can carry on with other work.
    This could could work in the current collect window, with collect files in background option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stroke + Round Corners Broken

Currently Ae doesn't respect the order of effects when a stroke is applied before round corners.

Actual Order: Fill > Stroke > Round Corners
    Ae does Order: Fill > Round Corners > Stroke

This is most noticeable when having a large stroke of like 200. You can't get any small corners.
    please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PNG files not the correct color

PNG files exported from PS are a different shade from the same psd file exported from Light Room Classic. The png file looks the same within PS and or Light Room Classic, but in After Effects they are different colors, exported MP4 files from After Effects has the same wrong colors. Saw this starting with 22.6.0 Build 64.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Font selection bug when font does not support certain language glyphs

There always has been a bug when some text layer contains glyphs that are not supported by the applied font. Example:

1. There is a text layer with some Hindi text and the applied font is Roboto Regular.

2. The Roboto Regular does not support Hindi letters so it's replaced with some default font BUT it does not show the font when the layer is selected.

3. When the text layer is not selected, and I choose some font (for example Noto Sans Devanagari), then I select the text layer, the font menu still shows my selected font instead of the real font…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: 225x180 render error

On Mac Studio running Monterey 12.5.1 and AE 22.6.0 (Build 64), a 225x180 59.94 comp is rendering a green line on the right side of the image. We've tried this on two different Mac Studios (one Max, one Ultra). Changing the comp to 224 or 226 fixes the issue, but the LED board we're displaying on is 225 so we need that size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects needs to support pass-through rendering of 5.1 track audio

It's 2022: After Effects needs to support pass-through rendering of 5.1 audio interleaved WAV files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Linux Render

Make aerender available for Linux. This would greatly improve it’s usefulness because it would eliminate the need for dedicated Windows or macOS machines in our render farms.
    Of course full program Linux support would be even better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Using MFR tech, render proxy of item in the background on command

I often use the post-action of set proxy to make full res pre-renders of comps, and then have them assigned as proxies to said comp.

Because post action scripts cannot be run in bgrender, it forces this wait in the normal render queue. It also doesnt work in cmdline render.

Now that we have MFR, it would be super swell to use those available threads to focus on pre-rendering and setting a proxy on a comp of my choice on demand so I can set it, forget it, and move along with my work rather than being locked up waiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Text selector not working

Hi, AE will not let me select all of my text with my cursor no matter how hard I try.

I downloaded the latest beta and this issue still persists. This basically inhibits me from doing any work efficiently being that I work with a lot of text on a daily basis.

Please fix this very BASIC and core issue. The stability and updates for AE and Premiere have been extremely disappointing lately.

It feels like you people just stopped caring about your user base.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Issues with importing AE-Files and Typetool slowly previewing

Since last update and installing on the latest biggest Mac Studio machine, I lost hirachical connections between layers of imported AE-Compositions. Wy? When I open up the AE-File directly all connections are still there. The Type-tool is horrible, the refreshing wile texttyping have a massive delay and it's dificult to select the last character.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rotobezier toggle can't be set from jsx for paths, buggy for masks

The API docs say both masks and paths have a .rotoBezier boolean that is read/write. I can get it to work for masks (but needs some special treatment), but not for paths. I've posted some example code and a video walkthrough on the forums: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/set-rotobezier-property-via-scripting/m-p/13117674

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The space bar should NOT be binded to the hand tool

The space bar should NOT be binded to the hand tool
    There is aleady 'h' and there is a bug that hasnt been fixed for so many updates. The key will glitch and instead of being a long press to activate the hand tool it is a quick tap, (which is how most people preview their content) and u make us have to fix because u guys wont even look at this problem i swear its like adobe doesnt even look at their own product

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Layers becoming unparented in comp when project is imported into another project multiple times

I am able to reproduce this bug consistently, if I have an AE project, containing a comp with a layer that is parented to a null, then I import that project into another project 4 times, on the fourth instance that was imported, the layer is no longer parented to the null.

I have included a simple project file that I'm importing, as well as a project where I've imported it 4 times, you'll see on the fourth imported project, layer isn't parented.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate Audio & Video renderer, so when I adjust audio it doesn't have to rerender everything

Separate Audio & Video renderer, so when I adjust audio it doesn't have to rerender everything.

Currently when you move a audio layer, it has to rerender the entire sequence whyyy????
    Make the audio & video separate so now I can move my audio without having to rerender everything. Or add effects and trim without having to rerender.

M1 Max 64gb

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. An option to globally round positions to whole pixels would be appreciated.

An option to globally round positions to whole pixels would be appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blend attribute for multiple shape layers

Considering Offset Paths already indicates that it is possible to increase or decrease bounds of a keyframe-able path within a shape layer, and that an individual path's points can obviously be keyframed, I would imagine that a Blend attribute could be theoretically possible, interpolating stacked paths—much like the functionality within Illustrator.

In the context, I imagine it could operate somewhat similarly to a Merge attribute, which also works with constituent paths—the key difference being that of identifying the number of intermediate paths and interpolating the two (or more) by a set number of keyframeable instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More robust Round Corners functionality for merged paths within a shape layer

Round Corners offers a great, fast way to introduce rounding to otherwise sharp vertices—but this functionality does not consider several shapes as a single form when first using Merge Layers in the stacking order. If applying a fill or stroke to merged objects as a single shape is possible, why not rounded corners that considers merged objects as a single shape too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base