After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. animation preset is not working

hey it's not taken me 20 mins from clicking report a bug to dive thorugh a dozen pages where I've not been able to just report the bug, so marvel at my herculean effort to not FBOMB my way through this 'feedback'

the text animation presets don't seem to be working in latest AE. I'm on mac osx Big Sur. I'm trying to apply the fade up characters preset and it's giving me some error about the null at line 1 isn't an object or something....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. puppet tool breaking

Puppet tool breaking my layer imported from illustrator and when I change expansion It gives me the "cached preview" error. I close and reopen the project and the entirety of the puppet tool is greyed out and not functioning. I pay way too much money a month for such a simple yet absolutely infruriating problem to exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Time Stretch using expressions

I'm looking for a way to edit the Layer Time Stretch value using expressions.
    It's easy to get the value, but couldn't find a way to edit it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. swf into After effect losses motion from movie Clip Symbol

Pirana opens the mouth as it swins left to right.
    Swf generated with LATEST (oct2021) ANIMATE, works fine if you douuble click it.

If you import that sfw into AFTER EFFECTS. The mouth DOES NOT MOVE anymore.. but the pirana does swin left to right.

WHY?

if the swf is already generated and it works this does not make sense BUT IT HAPPENS.

FYI: mouth or jaw movement is made on a movie clip made into a symbol, placed on the main timeline where the swim motion is tweened....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please Include Blend Modes as supported properties within Essential Graphics

I was surprised to find that there is no way to include blend modes in your essential graphics both when building in AE and building in PR. The only property is opacity which does not tick all the boxes blend modes can. I even tried workarounds to find channel effects with blend modes as options and could not find one. I think this would be a simple addition that would have a large positive impact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. camera tracker

Camera Tracker - turn of/on automatic solve
    create a way to turn on/of the resolve camera. when deleting multiple points in time, it takes to long because of the automatic solve update.
    if its possible to select all the points, delete them, and then solve camera at will, it will be great. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Creating an Graphic Design Preset

Make it an option to save your motion graphics that you create as a preset. Which I already thought was already an option but was told it's

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Trimming a layer (rather than time stretching) by holding opt/alt with "Responsive Design — Time" enabled appears to be broken

I am using the "Responsive Design - Time" functionality for the first time in After Effects and unless I'm misunderstanding the functionality, trimming, rather than time stretching, appears to be broken right now.

I have a composition that contains a video clip that is replaceable via the essential graphics panel. The composition has a protected intro and outro. In the nested composition, I need to be able to extend the composition length via trimming, rather than stretching, in order to preserve the speed of the replaceable video clip contained within it.

According to the help page for the responsive design…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Single Path Text option when 'Creating Paths from Text'

Clients OFTEN ask for 'writing on' text with all kinds of fonts. Unless it's monoline, you have to draw the paths by hand to get a path in the center of the text. To have AE average the positions of two lines and create a 'centered' line in the middle of each character instead of creating outlines would save many an animator hours at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make it usable

I am doing a course on Adobe After Effects and I'm following the instructor exactly... somehow since the release of the course Adobe has found a way to break their program I guess. I am importing a .ai file and somehow the composition is allowing one 1 frame instances of the items. I cannot, as the instructor does, simply drag the layer's objects to have a longer duration. So I am not able to animate the things. After Effects, you have one job right now, which is to be able to take the images and make them have durations longer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there any way to parent individual keyframes? Imagine 2 keyframes, the first being the start position and the second the end position. I

Is there any way to parent individual keyframes?

Imagine 2 keyframes, the first being the start position and the second the end position. Is it possible to link them to two different sliders?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 以前のバージョンで保存してたアニメーションプリセットが、バージョン上がると無くなってるバグをなくしてください。

以前のバージョンで保存してたアニメーションプリセットが、バージョン上がると無くなってるバグをなくしてください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An option to have Expression Point Control move with the layer position

For example if you were to use the Point Control in animation you might set it near the knee of the puppet. Then move the knee with the Point Control. However you move the Puppet to another place in the composition the point control would currently stay locked and not move with the puppet. It would still control the knee but it wouldn't be visibly near the knee as it was before. This optional non-fixed position would give the object a hidden AnchorPoint/parenting that meant the the GUI for point control would move with the puppet but values not change…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. parent to puppet pins

Allow quick parenting of puppet pins so movement on one will influence another. Or puppet to other layers. we use Duik bone tools but it would be nice to skip that step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pencil tool or Blob Brush tool for shape layers

Pencil tool or Blob Brush tool for shape layers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After effects update

In last update After Effects, cant copy text to Ilustrator, why :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pan behind tool is very hard to use with 3d layers.

It takes multiple tries to grab it. Sudden frustrating problem after today's update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Keyframes lock on copy-and-pasted layers

When using a layer that has been copied and pasted into a comp -- in my case, from one comp into another, or from a Premiere timeline into an After Effects comp -- the keyframes become "locked". They aren't marked as locked, but they can't be selected, moved, or manipulated in the Curve Editor. They can be changed by moving the playhead over the keyframe and adjusting the parameter under the Layer Controls, but only then. The exact same assets when dragged into a comp from the Project panel do not have this issue, and this issue is repeatable and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base