After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After effects travando do nada

Programa congelando e fechando sozinho durante animação de um projeto....
    Utilizo a ultima versão do After effects, original e atualizado, se puderem me ajudar, ficarei muito grato!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix Export After Effects to Premiere Pro

Hi,
    I didn't know where to report bugs. So I'll do it here.

Project structure in PP after export from AE 2020. Everything looks like it should

After Effects 2021/2022 versions export project to Premiere Pro with errors. The project structure breaks and duplicate elements appear, if you try to remove the duplicate, the original will also be deleted. Items from their folders end up in the root folder

I don't update new versions right away. But there was a need to update. And I was surprised that this bug has existed for several years and has not yet been…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a method to set the project panel as active.

'app.project.activeItem' is very limited since it can either be an active viewer or an active item on the project panel. There's a workaround for open comps with 'app.activeViewer.setActive()' to make sure you are on the viewer but there's no workaround for the opposite. There is no command to make sure you are operating with the selected project panel items.

if I want to 'executeCommand()' on the project panel selected items, but the panel is not active. I'm basically defeated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include FolderItem.duplicate()

compItem.duplicate() is a thing but can't duplicate folders at all. Seems like it should be a thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include item.index to ExtendScript

Yes, 'item.id' is cool, but it's not serial, and sometimes you need to iterate through items based on their indexes, trusting the indexes are in numerical order. When I need to get an item's id I need to use its name to loop through the entire project manager until I get a match. It just is so much for something so simple and it feels like item.index should be a thing, just like 'layer.index' is! Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Venice X-OCN delayering results in clamped highlights and does not allow linearised workflow

The internal X-OCN debayer results a) in clamped Highlights even in 32bpc and is b) slightly less sharp.

I compared AE to the Reference DeBayer from Sony (Same as SCRATCH & Resolve in Sony Mode).
    Presumably AE debaters in Standard and not in High Quality Mode. Sadly there are no settings possible beyond Colorspace in AE.

And: AE shows a black image and is laggy when enabling linearised workflow and crashed when you try to simulate a Display Workspace in Color Managed workflows.

The DeBayering pipeline seems to be broken / low quality and should not be used in an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AE forgetting it can save

AE randomly stops saving projects; Save, Save As, Auto Save, Collect, Quit application prompt to save, none of them work; not grayed out, they’re still clickable, just nothing happens and you still see the black dot within the red circle on the left top corner, and when you quit the application and click save at the prompt, it’ll go ahead and close the application but not save.

It happens at random times, sometimes couple of minutes after I open the project, sometimes couple of hours. So far the problem only developed after working on the project for a while, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Every comp should include the location of the anchor point, which will be used in the parent.

Currently the anchor point on comps and templates can only be set to an outside edge or the center. Instead provide an actual field in the composition settings where you can enter the anchor point. Clearly for any layer you can move the anchor point to a specific location, so this isn't a foreign concept. I've been creating templates and the most annoying thing is that in a complex template I can't set the most useful anchor point. The user of the template must either deal with the fact that they won't be able to rotate/animate/etc. the template usefully unless…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After effects crashing when opening preferences with new update. Please help!

16 RAM and preferences is not opening up. This never happened before the update 2 days ago. Need help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yellow info panel on graph editor gets in the way

For very specific changes to animation graphs, the yellow info box can make it very frustrating by obscuring the handles (see screenshot). It would be great to provide an option to remove this feature in settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Already selected colour tags

When I go to apply a new colour tag to a layer, I often find myself picking a colour already in use in that composition (more often than not, the reason to pick a colour is for it to be unique to those selected layers). It would be great to have a little dot or something next to the colours that have already been 'taken'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't grab sliders on Hue/Saturation effect

I often can't grab the range sliders when adjusting a certain hue (such as killing the saturation in the green). This did not used to be an issue. I've been using AE since 1997.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pick whip doesn't work at all - 22.5.0

Just upgraded to a new laptop, Windows 11 and Afx 22.50 and the global pickwhip between layers just plain doesn't work. Have tried with mouse, wacom and track pad so it's software, not pointing device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG-Render Queue in After Effects unlinks media in Premiere.

When I use the Render Queue in After Effects it unlinks all the files from the project in Premiere. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. unresponsive on start up

After Effects becomes unresponsive on start up and hangs for a few minutes after the splash screen before becoming responsive again. Also makes any windows on the same monitor as the viewport become un-clickable.

Apple M1Pro Macbook Pro 16-inch, 2021
    macOS Big Sur 12.3.1
    After Effects 22.4.0 build 56

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is it possible to highlight what brush you are using when using the Liquify Effects.

I see when I select the different brush the name of the tool pops up. But it would be nice for a quick glance seeing what brush you are on :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Legacy" option when exporting Avid DNxHD Quicktimes

Since AE 22.3, Avid DNxHD Quicktimes appear to be broken in all software but the latest version of Avid Media Composer.

This was a deliberate change to the codec:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/announcement-changes-to-quicktime-dnxhd-support-in-premiere-pro-22-3/m-p/12905939#M408114

Unless the problem can be fixed, then I recommend a "Legacy" option be added to the export settings, to allow this essential codec to continue to work in the 90% of real world cases on productions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shatter Effect Performance V22.5.0

Having major issues with V22.5.0 performance when trying to use the Shatter effect

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Performace lagging on Intel Macs since version 22.3

New After Effects versions since version 22.3 are incredibly lagging in preview performance on Intel Macs. Simple animations like a text animator take a long time to preview. Tested on iMac Pro 2018 on macOS 10.15.12 and 12.4.

After Effects 22.2.1 works as expected, performance is good. Please bring back acceptable performance for Intel Macs so we can use the newer versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 204 205
  • Don't see your idea?