After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rendering times are roughly double in 17.1.4

Rendering in 17.1.4 is twice as slow for me as in 17.1.3. Multiple comps from different projects took at least double the time to render. A 1.5 hour render took over 3 hours, a 7 minute render took 20 minutes. Downgrading back tp 17.1.3 fixed the issue.

2016 MacBook Pro 8-core i9, 64 GB RAM, external GPU - RX 5700 XT

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects

Hi,

When you import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects the illustrations are 10x smaller. Please fix this with an option like "Honor scale" in After Effects.

Why I want these Large canvas size Illustrator file in the first place? I create 2D explainer animations in Illustrator and animate them later in After Effects. Before the Large canvas option I was only able to create max. 15 artboards (the scenes of the animation) from 3840x2160 each in Illustrator. Now I can scale this up to more then 100 artboards, so I only need one Illustrator file in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 17.1.4 view window lack responsivility, often went white or freeze. Unable to fix it even if purge all.

There are many bugs in view engine in the 17.1.4
    Often in view window is nothing showed, often it is only white screen, often the view window just freeze.
    Tried on two machines. One with quadro 5000, one with geForce 970 (4GB videoRam)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SERIOUS BUG REPORT: Missing Plug-ins Continues in 17.1.4!!!

I posted after upgrading to 17.1.3 that every time I opened Ae, I got a list of missing plug-ins (see attached). The help guy kind of fixed it by sticking a plug-ins folder on my Desktop (which is not an elegant solution.)
    I updated to 17.1.4 earlier expecting the issue to be solved but it's still happening and is now ignoring the work around as well (so back to square 1). The 'missing' plug-ins are actually there, in the correct address string, but Ae isn't recognising them for some reason.
    I see from the community, I am not the only…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hierarchy of Transform Properties on layer

Often when working with a layer one will want to control the layer's Transform properties themselves, but then also have additional transform control for that layer independent of the layer controls. Typically one would create a new Null and parent the layer to the Null, thus giving one another set of Transform property controls higher up in the hierarchy.

This can be useful in many situations, such as having a particular anchor point of the layer itself, but then another anchor point for more fine tuned controls (e.g., a squash and stretch for a bounce).

The current method of parenting…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS

After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS without drop sound when preview with sound

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 17.1.4 Causing Many Crashes

Updated to the latest version of 17.1.4 today and so far, AE has crashed about 4 times. It was obviously not ready for Prime Time! :(
    Am I the only one with this issue? Comps are extensive, but previous version was not crashing at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Group Selection Tool for After Effects

A selection tool for Shape Layers in After Effects similar to the Group Selection Tool in Illustrator. The tool would allow you to select vectors within a Shape Layer, and reveal it in the layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guides need improvement

The guides at the moment are horrible (granted I don't use them much for most of my work but on the job I have at the moment they are proving quite critical for making accurate masks on shape layers. The three pixel width lines are truly horrible and just make them look like a blurred line. Please just revert back to standard 1 pixel width lines - that is fairly essential for accurately placing them against objects on a visual. Or, if that is an problem for retina screens (which I'm thinking may be the reason they are like they…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Widget Bar for section

Adding a Widget Sidebar for the right section so we don't need to change our workspace to find more space on the screen which seems to be an issue with After Effects. If you can click a button to activate or de activate a sidebar or create customisable sections, it solves the issue of not having to go the menu to change workspaces, open tabs etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Render to .mp4 format

I'd like to be able to render my 40 second AE video to a file size less than 10 Gigs. I'm not kidding and honestly I'm ****** off that I'm here on this page right now trying to figure out why 16 gig of available hard drive space isn't enough to write a 40 second video. Adobe, seriously, wtf? By the way, rendering via Media Encoder doesn't work either. The required plug-in is no where to be found. Some error message pops up - WHY?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: Master Properties not displaying property name

After updating to 17.1.4 everything in Master Properties on the timeline is now displaying as the property type (i.e. "Slider" or "Checkbox") instead of the correct name.

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

update: renaming the property in Essential Graphics will rename the property on the timeline (at least temporarily). However, when duplicating the layer, the duplicate will revert to displaying the property type.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG GPU accelerated effects render in After Effects but not Media Encoder

I have a project containing many comps using GPU accelerated effects, e.g. gaussian blur, VR chromatic aberration, fractal noise and levels.

I can render these comps in After Effects, but when I send to Media Encoder the effects fail to render. I'm using 3 1070 GTXs and am on the latest recommended (by Adobe, no less) Studio drivers.

Additionally, when I attempt to use the text tool in this project, there's a lag of about 2 seconds when attempting to enter text.

AE 17.1.4.37
    AME 14.4.35

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS 19041.508
    Nvidia studio drivers 452.06

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. new copy and past

Hi! first I really like "Shape and mask cursor indicators" it's useful.
    My request is about a script called "true comp duplicator" with is very complicate but very useful. it will be very awesome if in the menu edit there will be a new fonction to copy and past some comp with independent précompte like this script.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. mpeg 2 video failing to import

Version 17.1.3 is no longer importing MPEG 2 Long GOP HDV 720P footage. I have older footage from a JVC GY HD250 that still opens in Premiere, but the After Effects project will no longer conform the footage. So, I open AE to check the project, to find that footage, and any MPEG 2 I try to import, will import without error, but only displays black. Brand new Wintel machine with RTX 2080 super card. Other AE projects work fine, just not ones with this footage. Any workaround? I don't even think I can re-render the footage in Media Encoder,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keyboard Shortcut to move selected assets out of folder in the Project Panel

It would be great to be able to hit a keyboard shortcut to move selected assets within a folder outside of that folder in the Project Panel.
    When there are a lot of folders, precomps and assets moving items out of folders into the main level simply dragging the items out of folders becomes cumbersome.
    I have a habit of dragging items into the PP from finder/explorer and half the time it ends up in a folder it isn't supposed to so this would be a simple quality of life shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keyframe interpolation bug in Time remapping

Time remapping, with just two keyframes over long durations, introduces stutters of incorrect frames. It's not stepping. It's jumping to anther frame for a single frame, and jumping back.

adding a keyframe Near the glitched frame, fixes this.

It's a critical bug. needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Eye safety while loading AE UI!!!

Dear Adobe. Please care about our eyes!
    While starting AE, before the UI is fully loaded, the window represents a full-screen area of pure white light for a few seconds. With bigger monitors in a dimmed environment this really hurts users' eyes. Please choose dark color for this. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 143 144
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base