After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. solo and lock

solo and lock button for layer/s you are working on, this will solo the layer/s you are working on and lock all other layers. The ability to solo and lock 1 layer or multiple layers and have solo and locked button able to toggle it on and off. As well as solo and lock you could have a way of locking all other layers while you work on selected layers that need to be unlocked minus solo so its a fully working composition eliminating having to click different layers and have them move when you make a mistake. This can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some Expression doesn't work and some doesn't work correctly in Mac version!

1/ this expression doesn't work correctly in Mac version:
    "createPath(points = [[0,0], [100,0], [100,100], [0,100]],[], [], isClosed = false)"
    the path is always curve even with zero tangents. it can not turn in linear path

2/This expression doesn't work in Mac version:
    " text.sourceText.style.setText(text.sourceText).setFontSize(value)"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color correcting with region of interest

Hi
    When color correcting skin tones, the region of interest would very useful to isolate image area. Only I just found out, Lumetri scopes show the whole image instead of the cropped area.
    A fix would be nice, please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't ask again confirm reset work space

Please add the "Always Ask" chek box in the Confirm Worspace Reset window as in PPro.
    (Or rather "don't ask again")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Import shared/linked compositions (not as a copy)

When I use a common composition in multiple projects, there doesn't seem to be a good workflow for making corrections/improvements to the original composition file/project and bringing the corrected/improved composition into the project I'm actively working on.

I propose a feature that gives us the ability to import an existing After Effects project into the current AE project in a linked way, such that modifications to the imported compositions will save back to those original files (keeping the original "library" project up to date) and that changes to the original files will be visible in the importing project.

See here…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Roto brush propagation is much slower in 18.4.1 version

Propagation slows down drastically as it goes, and after a couple seconds worth of footage rendering, it basically stops and becomes unusable. Using default settings when roto is applied.

After rolling back to Ae 18.1, propagation is literally thousands of times faster. On my system it will propagate a 30sec clip in a couple minutes. Still slows down over time, but something is happening in the new versions of Ae that it gets hung up on very quickly. System specs are attached below.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Mercury Transmit crashes AE when selecting comps

Been having this issue for a while now. I can't use a second monitor as video output because as soon as I switch to another comp the whole program hangs and I have to force quit. It's a HUGE timesink.

18.4.1 Build 4 on Mac Big Sur

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AE Comp window freezing / crashing with RAM

Running latest version of AE (18.4.1 Build 4) on a Windows laptop
    16gb RAM
    8gb GPU

When running after effects I can have a simple scene set up just a shape layer with wiggle on the position and an adjustment layer with any effect, wave warp for example, and after RAM previewing a few seconds the memory will fill up and the Comp window will freeze on the frame it's on. I can select anything/type/make changes in the other windows but nothing can be selected in the comp window. I have to restart the program to do anything but it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AE Comp window freezing / crashing with RAM

16gb RAM
    8gb GPU

When running after effects I can have a simple scene set up just a shape layer with wiggle on the position and an adjustment layer with any effect, wave warp for example, and after RAM previewing a few seconds the memory will fill up and the Comp window will freeze on the frame it's on. I can select anything/type/make changes in the other windows but nothing can be selected in the comp window. I have to restart the program to do anything but it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AE Comp window freezing / crashing with RAM

16gb RAM
    8gb GPU

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Creating an Graphic Design Preset

Make it an option to save your motion graphics that you create as a preset. Which I already thought was already an option but was told it's

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow rotobrush to use more than one core by allowing user to rotobrush multiple frames

Rotobrush should have the option of allowing me to rotobrush frames every certain number of seconds. For example if I have a 15 minute clip, I could rotobrush one frame for each minute of the clip. Therefore each of those minutes could be handled by a separate core on my computer. As I have 16 cores, each core would only have to process one minute of video rather than one core doing all the video sequentially.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show full project file path in header

I use the "Edit Original" option out of Premiere a lot. It opens up the associated After Effects file. But there are times where I have multiple AE files in Premiere and would like to know which AE file I am actually working on.

I know the filepath is in the header of the app. but please show the full file path. There is plenty of space up there yet my filepaths are truncated with ellipses. Please give us an option to see the exact location of the project. As it is now, I have no idea the exact location…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. XYZ coordinates for vertex points

In Adobe Illustrator I can pick a vector point and find it's X and Y location on screen therefore making sure that points line up exactly.

I would like to see this in After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Issue with text files

This is an issue with text files. I have to *.txt files, one had a single line of text and the other one had more than one line. When importing these in AE the first file was detected as "corrupted" while the second one loaded without a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clone Layer Effect

I would love to have a Clone Layer Effect as an alternative to precomping a layer and duplicating. This would be applied to a solid and it would copy create an instance/clone of the layer it is pointed at with the choice of using some or all of the effects of the master layer as well as options for using the transform/feather/alpha as well. Other effects could be stacked on top of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Output Folder render token

The render token for automated naming of the output file are great. Please add "Output Folder" as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make All Effects 32bit Compatible

I use After Effects for compositing my 3D renders, and I always export 16 or 32 bit EXRs, starting to use ACES. Unfortunately, many, many effects are still only 8 bit, some support 16, and some can do 32. If you don't want to lose me and many other compositors (at least those that are left), please update more effects to 32bit!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file.

while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file, because it takes too much time to collect footages which we can be simply linked to it later from our source footage location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Faster rendering/previewing of video files within After Effects.

Faster rendering/previewing of video files within After Effects.
    If necessary make it only work with a few codecs.

Example, I need to change the last 5 seconds of a 1 minute project.
    So, I get the last video file I've rendered, put it on a time line and add the last 5 seconds of the updated comp at the end.
    Now it took AE 36 minutes to just re-render the clip before touching those last 5 seconds.
    PR does this in about 10 seconds.

A long time ago, pre-2014 versions, AE was capable of rendering video files pretty quickly, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 183 184
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base