After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio preview is too slow, please fix it!

Hello,

Everybody know AE can't preview audio without getting slow and losing sync with the image. Please, fix it!

I do short motion and I need to use a audio as guide. Even for a few seconds previewing audio on AE can be a nightmare.

I have a MacBook Pro i9, 32GB, 1T SSD and a EGPU.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After Effects 2020 crashes randomly when scrubbing the timeline.

Once or twice a day After Effects crashes when I scrub in the timeline.
    There is no specific event when this happens. It might be when Autosave tries to save while I'm in the progress of scrubbing.

17.5.1 Build 47

Win 10 64bit
    i7-6900K
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X OC
    32 GB RAM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rendering slow in background

Sometimes, when AE is in the Background, it is rendering extremely slow. Like, 10 times longer. How can that be? Same Comp, same Duration, same programms open, everythings the same, but AE in background.

How can that be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New 3D gizmos make interface render slowly.

Working on a project with 150 3D video layers laid out in a custom tile pattern. I have been working in wireframe mode mostly to make things move a bit faster when just laying things out.

When working in wireframe mode there is no way to turn off the new 3D gizmos. For one their solid color and large size make it hard to see what you are doing if you have 150 layers. If you hide layer controls you see essentially nothing. When working with this many layers trying to move them accurately become basically impossible. The cause AEs…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Modifier keys for the new 3D transform gizoms

It would be nice to add the shift/command modifier keys to effect transformations 10x and 1/10th respectively while making adjustments using the gizmos in the composition window. This should replicate the effects of using these modifiers when scrubbing numeric values in the timeline.

It could effect translation, scale and rotation similarly. I especially find using the rotation gizmo imprecise and would appreciate a 1/10 modifier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better fullscreen RAM preview options

I always have to move my cursor to the corner of the screen when doing full screen previews. It should just disappear.

I use Shift-Numpad 0 to make fullscreen previews. In addition to making the cursor disappear, it would be great to also have an option for scaling the viewer to "Fit" so it's truly full screen. After starting the preview in fullscreen mode, you can then press Shift-/ and that scales to fit. However it would be ideal to set up the preview so one single key command does all these things to create the ideal full screen preview.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a "Used" column to the project window

Add a column to the project window to show if an item is used or not in a comp.

This would be useful when cleaning up projects manually. You could sort by used/unused files and easily delete unnecessary files. It should also check to see if source files are only used in an expression.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apply Stroke to Layer if Stroke Swatch is Clicked On

You have a shape layer. You click on the stroke swatch at the top of the UI. Turns out you don't have a stroke to color. Bummer.

Wouldn't it be nice if clicking on the stroke swatch checked to see if the layer had a stroke applied, and if not, applied it for you? That would be great UX.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 기능 개선 요청

프로젝트의 오디오 하드웨어 설정이 자꾸 멈춘다.
    즉, 미리보기 실행시 멈춰버리며, 이를 해결하기 위해 오디오 하드웨어를 매번 다시 설정하고 있다.
    작업중에 가장 많이 사용하는것이 audio hardware 이다.
    이것은 개선된 아이디어의 제안이 아니라, 문제해결을 요청하는 것이다.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple objects in same layer - reusing a layer

As the number of layers grow and the timeline grows too, it gets difficult to mange the real estate of the timeline. It would be great to reuse a layer for another object in the same layer to save space and ergonomics. For instance even for repeated animations we need to create as many layers. Thereby growing the timeline vertically as well as horizontally. Thus it become unmanageable after it gets pretty big.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Snapshot Button - Less Grating Noise

This issue may seem trivial, but anybody else cringe every time they use the snapshot button? The noise literally hurts my ears. It's too loud and not pleasing at all. I believe this is the only item in the UI that makes a noise - is there any way to get a more pleasing chime, or maybe just a visual cue that a snapshot has been taken?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug Report: Resizing the composition causes the 3D layer to shift.

If you resize the composition using the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" feature in version 17.5.1, there will be a difference in the display between 2D and 3D layers with the same X and Y numbers.
    It didn't happen in versions prior to 17.1.4.

The following reproduction procedure
    1, Creating a composition
    2, Create a new layer
    3, Resize the composition using "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"
    4, Check the 3D layer.

Other than "Crop Comp to Region of Interest", the same phenomenon occurs when resizing with "Composition Settings / Advanced / Anchor" selected other than the center. …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please fix the audio playing slow while previewing a video

everytime i put an mp4 or mp3 in the work space and play it it previews slow, it's very tiring

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Roto brush crashes AE when using 4k footage

There’s a bug in After Effects whilst using the rotoscope brush on 4k footage in full res. It completely crashes AE.
    My footage is in MXF format
    3840x2160
    25fps
    Trillions of colours AVCi Rec 709.
    This has been an issue for multiple versions of AE now. Happens using roto v 1 & 2 in Standard and Best. The only workaround I've found is using it in Half res.

My computer is:
    iMac Pro
    3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
    32GB memory
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
    mac OS 10.15.7

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: AEGP_GetLayerID returns identical id under certains contitions

After one ctrl-c, if several ctrl-v are made all newly created effect created will have the same layer ID returns by AEGP_GetLayerID.

result |= suites.PFInterfaceSuite1()->AEGPGetEffectLayer(AAEData.mInData->effectref, &layerH);
    result |= suites.LayerSuite8()->AEGP
    GetLayerID(layerH, &dstID);

dstID will be identical (exept for the first ctrl-v of course)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Convert text to paths

It would be great if there was a function to convert a text into paths (just like in Illustrator), so I can create a graffiti painting animation for example. I know that I could trace the text by path, but it would be fine, or rather it would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. text selector does not count the letters i,l,j,f,h,k if they come after an f

Any of the pairs : fi,fl,fk,fj,fh,ff are counted as single characters in animator selector based on index.
    Bug appeared after 17.1.4. Layers created in 17.1.4 behave normal in 17.5
    Layers created in 17.5 still have the bug if used in 17.1.4.
    Here is a photo from AE 17.5.1
    All the layers have an animator based on characters by index starting at 3.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug in adobe products

upon startup, all adobe programs display this error attached

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. gismo bug

Gismo BUG.. unable to operate, when it is in this state.. The blue square is not solid, it is part of gismo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CPU under utilised

17.5.1 - rendering a 1080p PRores422 MOV.
    Using HALF my system.
    Can we please utilise CPU better adobe?
    I still feel like cc2014 was faster than cc2020.
    I know there were some upgrades recently for performance, however using this all day everyday I haven't experienced much of an improvement. Rendering feels Slower than cc18, even.
    Please please, support your professional users with some performance, help us be productive and efficient with your software. Make us feel empowered by your software, not anchored down by it.
    We don't need new features every month, we want efficiency with what we have.
    Please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 153 154
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base