After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a "render" command like Premiere Pro

Rendering in After Effects requires playing the video so the CPU and GPU have to simultaneously display and render the project. In Premiere Pro, there is a "Render" command that allows rendering without displaying the video. It is a lot faster than AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After Effects 2022 Bitmap Fonts Broken (BUG)

The tracking between characters in After Effects 2022 appears to be broken for bitmap fonts. All characters display on top of each other.

Normal vector-based fonts display correctly.

When opening the same project in AE 2021, bitmap fonts also display correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bonjour, je vous suggère de renommer after effect en before effect

Cette idée se base sur la relativité de la théorie des cordes et de la thermodynamique.
    bisous xoxo
    :))

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi-frame Rendering Stops Working

[AE 22.1.1 (Build 74)]

About 2/3'rds of the way multi-frame rendering seems to stop working when rendering my project. Initially it renders around 10 - 13 frames at the same time. This then drops down to only rendering 1 frame at a time (sometimes going up to 2 frames, but then down again to 1). Nothing in the project changed. This happens during the actual render. Seems this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/help-with-multi-frame-rendering/m-p/12603954#M189246) is experiencing like-wise behavior from AE. Definitely think this is a bug, so really not gonna waste time trying to re-install, etc as the thread above have tried…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unify all Color Picker and Gradient palettes

There are so many different color pickers and gradient palettes across After Effects, and most are rooted in early design that needs to be upgraded. The color picker native to After Effects is not bad, but some native effects, like Colorama, do not use it. The Gradient palettes are a bigger problem. The Ramp Effect, Layer Styles, Colorama, and Shape Fill Gradients all use different interfaces to create gradients. There needs to be a single, powerful, gradient palette that is available to the entire system. It should ofer all major gradient styles, allow unlimited color points along the gradient, be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ae2022在复杂工程下出现导入和导出时ae死机

ae2022在复杂工程下出现导入和导出时ae死机

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Camera Tracker / Show 2d trackers before Solving

When using Camera Tracker, Ae tries to Solve the track automatically.
    But I would like to kill some 2D tracks before Solving, to get better results when moving objects are in the shot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Access to indexes of EGP controls with script.

Adds each newly scripted control to the EGP at the top. It is not possible to relocate newly added controls. It is useful to be able to make additions on demand. at least if there is an option like add to bottom or add to top

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video app for iPad Pro and iPhone with LiDAR support that automatically creates tracking data for Adobe After Effects.

New iPhones and iPads have LiDAR sensors that I think would be perfect for creating videos with tracking information for After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Maps in After Effects

Able to make maps in after effects instead of precomps/apart from precomps so that we can directly edit and make assets, similar to in illustrator and photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3d objects

You should add the feature to can add 3d objects and not to have to download 3rd party plugins that the cost is to high!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. the tutorials are not user friendly at all

trying to use a tutorial for just the basics and its an offing nightmare. it does not show you all of the options when loading the preset tutorial stuff (like upload composition, or rendered composition etc.) the size of the tutorial video is small and does no-show you details of HOW to move things or fix something if you do it wrong. if I close the app to restart the tutorial it takes me right back to where I left off without any way to see how to get back to the first steps. I am digitally stupid after 5…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Button to create null objects and adjustment layers

Quick search field in the timeline is so big... It would be great to have buttons in that area (reducing the search field size) to create nulls and adjustment layers with a mouse click. Also, it would be great the NULL to have the option to link selected layers directly clicking on the button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. シェイプのパスの最後のアンカーに見えないベジェ用のハンドルが付いていると見えない。

Aeでシェイプのパスの最後のアンカーに見えないベジェ用のハンドルが付いていると見えないので、アンカー位置の情報を色やマークで見えるように改善して欲しい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Folder from Selection

Select Files throughout the project hierarchy,
    right mouse button -> New Folder from Selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add to AME Queue skipping audio, adding ###

I found that, when a Comp is added to the AME Queue via the Ae Render Queue, while in Ae an image sequence output module was selected (by Default), and then in AME a different codec is chosen, e.g. H.264, the filenames still have the #### frame number, and lack Audio - these settings are copied from Ae in some way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't move guides when using anything but the Selection Tool

I find it annoying when I'm trying to move a layer's anchor point and I inadvertently move guides instead. I know I can lock the guides to stop this, but I'd prefer the guides to only be moveable if I have the Selection Tool (V) active, so if I'm drawing a text box with the text tool, drawing a shape with a shape tool or moving an anchor point, the guides always stay where they are, even if I click/drag on one of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Navigation sucks from the latest Update

The latest Update for 3d navigation sucks, it's too bad. I really like the previous Navigation cuz it was precise and far better than this update for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import illustrator Artboards as compositions or sequences

As per title.
    Now to import a multi artboart illustrator file into AE you need to save out every artboard as a separate file. Importing multiple artboards as compositions should be standard. I mean it can be done from XD, why not from Illustrator?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Projects from previous version of AE opening like molassess in 2022

AE version: 22.1.1 (Build 74)
    Mac OS: Big Sur 11.6.2

I'm trying to open some AE projects that were created in the 2021 version of AE, and it takes on average 10-15 minutes to open them. Once they're open, I can't get a single frame of the composition to appear in the main window. This has effectively blocked me from doing any work in any of these projects, and since I can't roll back to the previous version of AE (which would block me from opening these projects entirely), I'm not really sure what else I can do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 194 195
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base