After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

me gustaría que revisaran bien los tutoriales de los programas, ya que se encuentran en ingles y hacen que los proceso de aprendizaje se hagan mas lento y engorroso.
    Agradeceria enormemente que los traducieran al español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

me gustaría que revisaran bien los tutoriales de los programas, ya que se encuentran en ingles y hacen que los proceso de aprendizaje se hagan mas lento y engorroso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hola tengo problemas con los tutoriales que no se encuentran en español

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Effects 18.2.1 Crashing on Exit?

For some reason 18.2.1 and 18.2 have been hanging/lagging on exit. I enabled logging and it almost looks like AE is crashing on quit. Rolling back to 18.1 seems to solve the issue.

Only plugins are up-to-date Red Giant suite.

System: CPU: 5950x / GPU: 3090FE / MOBO: Asus Dark Hero / RAM: 64GB Crucial 3600CL16

Crash report attached

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Caching stops with EXR files -- works in previous versions of AE

I have a 1080 24p EXR file that i'm applying Extractor too. When I try to RAM preview, it stops after about 75 frames and starts looping playback, even when I tell it to render the full duration or work area. This is NOT a problem in AE 17.

I have 32GB of RAM, so that's not a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. auto swap audio devices

When I switch audio devices in windows, such as swapping from speakers to headphones, after effects does not automatically switch.

Not only is it frustrating to have to go edit>preferences>audio devices and manually switch to the correct device every time I swap in windows it actually seems to be the route cause of several repeatable bugs.

Firstly the dreaded "drawing error" bug which locks you in an often infinite circle of closing the error only to have it pop up as AE tries to play the next frame and encounters the same issue (the only fix i've found for this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a trim stroke feature for text animations.

It would be great if the stroke could have more animated properties for the text animator, especially great for trimming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: File > Export > Add to AME Queue gives a different colour result vs Queue in AME in AE render queue.

If you add a video to the AME renderer using File > Export > Add to AME queue. You get a slightly darker 'closer to correct' version than if you add to the AE render queue then queue in AME.

The reason for using the second method is for scripting.

project.renderQueue.items.add(comp);
    project.renderQueue.queueInAME(true);

I've tried changing a bunch of render settings but still end up with a slightly paler version.

Image attached: AE then queue in AME button on the left, straight to AME on the Right

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Priority: Match Grain should be applied after Motion Blur...

I'm aware of the order in which Ae renders. Would be nice when this order could be overridden per effect.
    E.g. Match Grain should be applied after motion blur, since it's always the last thing happening, and of no value when blurred.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: AE 8.2.1 on macOS 11.4 on MacPro6,1 2 AMD FireProD700

if one is moving a Layer in the Composition View it wiggles around.
    if you build a motion path with the layer it wiggles around until the preview is rendered.
    if you put of "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels" it gets much better but is still present. This shows on our MacPro6,1 an on our iMac17,1. On newer hardware such as iMac19,1 it is not present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Store camera data

To be able to store Camera Settings in a table attached to the caera or a table that can be easily accessed, either showing a small subset of parameters or detailed information on current camera setting. Then we can switch Camera angles and be able to use different shots without worrying about losing all our camera settings or having to remember position data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Memory Leak, Script Crashes, Weird Saving Issues

I've been having these 3 issues with AE for literally years. I'm assuming that they are all related but I don't know. I've never found any kind of solution for any of them.

1. New projects work fine but a couple of days in, any use of any script plugin like Motion3 causes AE to drastically slow down and eventually crash. The project then becomes so unstable that I am forced to create multiple tiny projects and attempt to stitch them all together in the end.

2. On any of these slightly larger projects, it takes up to 5 minutes to save…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exclude video formats option on Collect Files

When running a "Collect Files", it would be nice to have a checkbox that allows you to exclude video formats from the files to be collected.

Often times running a "Collect Files" function takes longest because of the amount of source video data that needs to be duplicated.

It would be great to be able to get a lot of that time back, especially when you already have many (or all) of the video files available wherever you're next working on the project you've collected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. *** Ability to adjust interface font size ***

My eyes are getting destroyed attempting to read the interface on a 5K monitor. I have to physically lean into the screen to read some of it. Other applications are fine, just AE is using a font size smaller than what's on my phone. When my eyes get tired, AE becomes an extremely difficult piece of software to use.
    This is 2021, many of us are using larger higher resolution screens. We need this flexibility!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Content-aware fill not 32-bit when Lighting Correction set on?

Hello

A small inconvenience with AE V 18.2.1

I just tried to patch a video with the Content-aware fill.
    If Lighting Correction is on, the result is not 32-bit despite the settings say so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 175 176
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base