After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. latest 2020 update U shortcut key doesn't work unless tapped twice rapidly.

The U shortcut key doesn't work properly anymore - must be double tapped to function. worked fine until latest update.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG Can't delete items in render queue - I mean come on, test first, release later, please

Can't delete items in render queue.

Can't do anything while rendering previews of linked files in Premiere or AME

After effects crashes if premiere rendering previews.

It is a s*** show isn't it? And you released it on us.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. crashes

My After Effects (version 17.1.1.build 34) crashes because my OS (macOS Catalina version 10.15.5) is in English while all my adobe applications are installed in Simplified Chinese.

This issue only happens to After Effects. My other adobe applications works fine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Universal Search

Universal search for all commands, effects, tools, windows.
    Like Cinema 4D. Shortcut to open a search anywhere on screen. Results show their hierarchy and shortcut key. You can double click to execute. All searchables are indexed and cached so results are immediate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. using after effects when Premiere is rendering linked comps!

So if Premiere is rendering linked Comps there is no display in After Effects at all. That is not useful, especially as it takes so long if continuous rasterisation is on. Needs to be using a background process. You remember them, from 2014 when the program worked. Assume it is a dynamic link thing and it has to use that thread but it needs to work so you can still work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG premiere doesn't release decklink when switching to After effects

BUG
    Can't get video preview in After Effects when switching from Premiere.
    Think when Premiere is rendering it locks the video out

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rotobrush crash

Ok so i know alot of people are having this issue but whenever i make a first stroke using the rotobrush tool it just crashes every time. I've cleared up space and purged and cleared some RAM but it still crashes whenever i make a stroke. Like when i click stroke ae just freezes and when i go into task manager it says ae not responding PLZ I REALLY NEED HELP. I've had this issue for so long

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects doesn't RAM preview after monitors have been turned off.

I'm having an issue whereby After Effects doesn't play or RAM preview after monitors have been turned off then turned back on again (e.g., if I leave my PC over lunch with the monitors turned off). I have to restart AE to be able to play the timeline again.

It's a simple problem but MAN is it annoying when it happens every day.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After Effects doesn't RAM preview after monitors have been turned off.

I'm having an issue whereby After Effects doesn't play or RAM preview after monitors have been turned off then turned back on again (e.g., if I leave my PC over lunch with the monitors turned off). I have to restart AE to be able to play the timeline again.

It's a simple problem but MAN is it annoying when it happens every day.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Timeline sluggish when waveform is visible.

When waveform is visible scrolling the timeline is choppy and sluggish. I would rather Adobe prioritise performance over new features. Far more people use audio waveforms for pacing than content aware fill. Make AE run fast and stable, please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Render Push Notifications via Mobile Device

Rendering is a part of the experience we all just sit around waiting for. We want to be able to take a nap or go get some food without worrying my render has failed or that my computer is just sitting there when I have deadlines.

Introduce a function via Adobe CC perhaps that would allow you to track and notify you about the completion of renders in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder.

Here is a concept video designed to give you some ideas: https://youtu.be/G9kQEchDun0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After Effects doesn't allow me to click on other screens

Often, when I'm working in After Effects, I'll try to click on a different window outside of the program and won't be able to. It won't allow me to click anywhere but in After Effects until I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OCIO ACES highlights corrupt. OCIO ACES need to built-in!

While i am testing result with OCIO ACES (workspace None, no signs on linear and blend gamma 1.0) i figured that some blend modes such as screen provides similar results but highlight is corrupted. I hope you add built-in support of OCIO

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export editable text from After Effects to Photoshop

Same thing. I want text designed in AE to be editable in PSD. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SWF playback and render speed improvement

Playing and rendering SWF files is super slow and it should match the performance of that of shape, vector and video file footage playback when played as apart of a composition's timeline. Even matching/relative speed as Animate's sluggish timeline playback would be of benefit.

This has been tested with continuous rasterising on and off at resolutions between 1080p and 4k. No effects were applied. Also tried both software and hardware rendering (already known lack of support).

I can check that "optimise for After Effects" button all I want, it doesn't fix the playback speed issue. I just feel that Animate>AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop Lumetri Scopes from crashing or freezing After Effects

Lumetri Scopes can't be used in AE / Mac OS Catalina on Mac Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. thats insane dude. why i am getting that error in 2020 yet?

thats insane dude. why i am getting that error in 2020 yet?: cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback? i did all ways and tried everything but didnt worked. i dont know what im gonna do right now

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'm trying to find the Maya live link command.

I do find the download section but only for Macintosh. Can you send me a link to the window file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?