After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Colorama color panel update please !?!?!?

Colorama is so powerful; but the color picker suck.
    Just use the same picker as the rest of the Program, PLEASE.

Why this color picker from the 80's, for a such a great effect?

Also, we should be able to see live update in the composition panel

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE2020 older project with Warp Stabilizer

AE2020 appears to have a bug when opening project with footage that has Warp Stabilizer applied. Windows 10, Nvidia RTX2060.

Steps to reproduce: In AE2019 create comp, import *.mov ProRes422, apply Warp Stablizer, save project. Close 2019, open project in 2020, RAM preview is broken.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scroll through fonts with arrows (v17.0)

In version 17.0 it seems like the ability to preview fonts with the arrows keys is, once again, broken. It's crazy how much this slows down a workflow. Can we get this fixed please?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let Master Properties carry over to Render Queue

When rendering a comp I want to be able to render multiple variants. MP's would let me do this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Output image sequence counts from frame 0 even though the in and out point of the work area is further up ahead.

Bug probably ? Normally, when I render frame 300 till 600.Output files are named accordingly. Right now, in CC2020 it always counts the image sequence from frame 0, thus making partial renders overwrite files you don't want to.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. .mogrt support in Libraries

Seems .mogrt files are not supported in Libraries. When will this be available? It's an option when exporting from AE but they don't show up. When trying to manually import into a Library I get the attached error message.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Adobe AE 2020 export in AME 2020

When exporting from After Effects 2020 or a Premiere Pro sequence that has a AE sequence inside, AME 2020 crashes when trying to export.

See https://adobeproblems.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/daily-adobe-quirks-media-encoder-failed/ . Having the same problem on macOS Majove on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bugrep: renaming groups in timeline problem

bugreport AFX CC2020: renaming groups in the timeline has no effect on the name in the timeline-tab, please check!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. master properties don't update sometimes

Sometimes, masterproperties won't update until purging the cache. This is very confusing! I'm used to those kind of problems just from plug-ins and not from native effects/features.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. waveform

Whenever Waveform is on screen Timeline is impossibly sluggish. This makes it **** working with VO. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. aerenderer not recognize csv data with text layer

each text with linked csv data print as "undefined"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. audio smooth play in timeline

Timeline not smooth for synching key frame and layers to the audio file.
    When you hold ctrl and scrub the timeline, it's hard to find the right place and ear audio correctly / perfectly.

The only way I found is to give 100 fps to the comp with sound in it.
    Then it plays OK for scrubbing, but too many frames per sec to manage, so it's not playing well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. color smooth interpolation

AE should have selection of color gradiant interpolation.
    Smooth, cubic, spline, curves... custom with handle.
    Some choices somehow. Not just Linear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. shape layer control gradiant color in timeline layer

We should be able to controle gradiant color stop in the timeline.
    To avoid to have to go in a different interface popup to manage them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default the layer name of Master Properties

Would it be possible to default the name of the Master Properties of the layer name you drag in? I know you can rename it but it's a workflow speed increase to have it the default for i.e. Layer1_Color instead of just Color as it is now having me rename it to Layer1_Color.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bug fix / GPU problems

AE 2020 has playback issues with final quality mode when using GPU acceleration. You have to view in preview mode or turn GPU off for smooth playback. There are several complaints in the forums already. I am on a PC with Nvidia RTX cuadro. Needs fixing....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sourceRectAtTime() not consistent

When animating a TextAnimator/Scale Start% with keyframes, sourceRectAtTime() perfectly follows the bounding box. But when the Start% is generated by an expression, sourceRectAtTime does not follow along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove unused footage feature without removing folders

Hi there,

I would like to see the "remove unused footage" feature extended with an option to not delete folders. Since I'm using a certain structure of folders in my projects, I would like an option to clean them of unused footage (for performance / overview reasons) while maintaining my normal folder structure.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AE2020 Crush when opening project or importing file

Weird phenomenon - projects that open with no problem in version 2019 - crashes in version 2020. These are very simple projects. On the Mac they open in 2020, on the PC they don't. I tried to reinstall the software with no external plugins and didn't help. I tried to create a light version of the projects - just one composition - with just one layer of photoshop - still didn't help. Again - this is about a variety of projects, with different sources. i attach a screen pic of the project in AE19 that not open in AE2020. and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base