After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Volume Control for Render Finished Sound

Can we please have a basic volume control or volume level option for the "Play Sound When Render Finishes" option? Even something as basic as "use low volume version" would be helpful, especially when working with headphones. Same thing with the goat sound effect when encountering that...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE 17.7.0 - Mask Feather Tool

Mask Feather Tool works only on one frame. If I set it on one frame it disappears on next frame (no keyframes on mask feather). It seams that it is dependent on mask path keyframes what is just stupid. First I want to do masking/rotoscoping and after I finish with that I would like to set seather using Mask Feather Tool and keyframe it by mask feather not by mask path.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add color labels to two changed key frames

Generally speaking, one layer and one attribute will add multiple animations of value changes

However, it is difficult to locate the desired key frame position. The most important thing is that the layer label is not bound to the key frame position.
    Interactive method: select two key frames with changing values, add "key frame label", in the time window, a line will appear between the selected key frames, and the color of the line can be defined!

If it conflicts with the color animation, it is recommended to add a color line, just to distinguish the color key frames.
    I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. rotobrush 2 crashes w/ Linearize Working Space Checked

Was experiencing crashes when using Rotobrush 2 - AE would instantly crash when clicking a rotobrush selection (green brush). Cleared prefs, purged cache, saved media and project to desktop...nothing worked - finally tried disabling Linear Working Space in project settings - FIXED. Rotobrush 2 does not seem to be stable in a Linear 1.0 working space.

After Effects 17.7
    Windows 10
    256GB Ram
    Titan RTX

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change of "Default-Opacity" of Shape Layers

I would much appreciate the possibility to change the default opacity of shape layers. I most of the time use shape layers with a 100% opacity and now i have to go deep in the settings to adjust it … it's much more work. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3D Text Extrusion Preset Materials and Lighting Library

FCP Motion has preset Materials and Lighting Libraries as standard. It would be amazing to be able to import 3D Text Extrusion Preset Materials and Lighting Libraries from wherever when rendering with the C4D engine in After effects. C4D and Photoshop files can supply these library presets. Choosing which material is connected to which side of the extrusion, then choosing which lighting scene fits with your text or vector scene.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Time counter to count the time I have spent on a project

I think this feature is useful in many levels; in business it will give insight on each project and the time it took while working, thus estimated deadline, and individuals such as freelancers will be able to determine the time each project requires so they can price their hour cost.

The timer will pause while the project is open but there are no changes.
    This feature is not only for After Effects it may be implemented in most of adobe products including Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug when using layer search bar

Hi Adobe,

After Effects keeps deleting multiple layers when I use the layer search bar to search for 'color' and cmd/ctrl+z won't bring them back so I have to close and reopen the program. Any help would be much appreciated!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Splash screens - a visual horror show

Remove all splash screen imagery

Why does Adobe insist on incuding some of the worst imagery imaginable in their splash screens? As a 'pro' user being exposed to this tripe many times a day is incredibly annoying. Why in fact do we need any kind of image on the splash screen - just a simple logo as before was enough surely. We are all exposed to too much visual pollution these days as it is - having to see it in my work environment is infurating and distracting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There's no Industry standard video playback app. This isn't specifically an After Effects thing, but a general video issue.

Hi
    I sometimes get clients who freak out because their video player doesn't show colours correctly. Some use VLC, some use QuickTime X Player, some use 'dropbox' on the browser, some use windows and some use Macs.

It can be a nightmare when they say 'my colours don't look right (this is usually on QuickTime player, which is a bit rubbish). I can often spend a half-day, down a rabbit hole trying to work out why, and it's so frustrating!

Now that Adobe is so very profitable with its cloud subscriptions, it's time they developed a free video playback app.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Losing the ability to manipulate the objects in the 3-d space

Every so often when a scene in AE is 3-d tracked I lose the ability to manipulate the objects in the 3-d space. I click on the object in the scene, the item in the editing bay, and every other way to make the 3-d handles appear and nothing works. When this happens it means I have to start from scratch because I can no longer move the objects. In addition I can not make the 3-d trackers reappear in the scene, even if I change the size of the track points. This typically brings them back into the scene…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add xml import back into after effect

Please can you add xml import back into after effects? Importing a whole PP project bloats AE projects with so much unneeded media it’s a total pain. Also removes the ability to quickly import grade from colourist and quickly set up projects and have the team start working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to search and add Adobe Stock directly from After Effects CC

Add ability to search and add Adobe Stock directly from After Effects CC.
    Why is this ability only an option in Premiere Pro?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG - Internet connection speed may cause AE to lock up with INVALID MENU OPERATION msg

BUG - Internet connection speed may cause AE to lock up with INVALID MENU OPERATION msg.

Title says it all, can reproduced 100% of the time by lowering my internet connection speed (i.e. downloads and/or uploads). This is a critical productivity issue that has started occurring today 2021-02-23 and reproduced on both latest versions of AE (had it occur before and after updating the application).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We want ray trace back! why to take it without not even saying a word.

I know you guys are looking to improve the software and make it better, faster and up today but eliminating components such as ray trace is not a good move nor a good decition just because you let MAXON 4D to do just half of what we were able to do with ray trace. i dont think that removing ray trace is big of improvement but rather a move backwards forcing us to use tools that can do just half the work done as we previously had it. there is a big comunity out there expecting this option is available…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More love for 360/VR in After Effects

since 2018, Ae has not been updated in relation to VR/360 workflows. Ae has limited VR effects and the VR Comp Editor workflow which is also very limited and delicate script and expression heavy process.

Ae should have a spherical camera, mono and stereo. this would obsolete the stiching workflow of VR Comp Editor and it's limitations. 3d plugins like trapcode or stardust are very breakable, also all the 2d effects won't work properly without the use of 3rd party tools and even then it's very limited.

these new technologies should not be left behind, there are great things motion…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search/filter in Effect Controls

Please add a search/filter bar to the Effect Controls panel to make finding parameters quicker and easier. Twirling down endless nested categories many plugins have is tiresome, slow and unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. change the "render complete" and the "render failed" sounds

the sounds gives me a heart attack every time I hear them. not only are they really loud, but they are also so jarring. please replace with more pleasant sounds!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Changeable UI font size

To be able to change the UI font size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 162 163
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base