After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

2. 3d options not available on 4k monitor scaled to 150% (BUG)

Running AE 18.1.0 (Build 38) on Windows 10. Using a laptop with a 4k monitor connected. AE is running on the 4k monitor, and the monitor is scaled to 150% via Windows Display Settings.

I created a comp with 3D layers in it, but the 3D buttons/options that are normally in the comp panel do not show up (3D Fast Draft, Camera Selection, 3D View Layout, etc). I am aware that in this most recent version, the 3D options only show up when a comp with 3D layers is active. This is not the issue I'm having. If I drag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We have been able to verify that the 3D controls in the Composition panel toolbar won’t draw correctly on Windows in two cases:
    1. Changing the display scaling of the monitor while AE is active.
    2. Moving AE (or possibly just the Comp panel) to a monitor with a different display scaling factor.

The result in both cases is that when AE calculates where the 3D controls should be drawn, it’s not factoring the change in display scale and it’s drawing them in the wrong place. If the display scale increased, there are fewer pixels to work with so the 3D controls either get cut off or disappear. If the display scale decreased, the 3D controls are all there but they get an extra margin on the right.

The workaround is to restart AE, so that the 3D controls read the display scale correctly…

3. A bug in After Effects with importing ProRes 4444 files with alpha

After Effects is not correctly interpreting the alpha Chanel of ProRes 4444 files - if there is an alpha fade in the imported 4444 video, a black shadow can be seen under the fade - this is the same whether premultiplied is selected or not. I have loaded the same files into Motion and Millumin and they work correctly. See the attached still - the text should be fading from transparent to white but is showing as transparent black during the fade.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render Push Notifications via Mobile Device

Rendering is a part of the experience we all just sit around waiting for. We want to be able to take a nap or go get some food without worrying my render has failed or that my computer is just sitting there when I have deadlines.

Introduce a function via Adobe CC perhaps that would allow you to track and notify you about the completion of renders in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder.

Here is a concept video designed to give you some ideas: https://youtu.be/G9kQEchDun0

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mobile notifications for renders are now in public beta! They’re available in build 18.4×37 or later. You’ll also need the Creative Cloud app on iOS or Android.

If you haven’t used the public beta before, you can download today’s release in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Look for the “Beta Apps” tab on the left side. The public beta installs right alongside your release builds and projects are compatible so you can go back and forth as needed.

Looking forward to your feedback! You can share your thoughts in our beta forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/render-queue-notifications-now-available-in-18-4x37/m-p/12131167

5. 18.0.0 and 18.0.1 Canon codec bug

Hi,
    I'm having trouble in new releases of AE with Canon codec clips that I'm currently working in 2020 without problems.

The clips were recorded on a C300 mark 2 camera, with the 1920x1080 rgb444 12bit codec.

The red/blue channels are switched (a set channel is enough to resolve), I'm just giving you feedback to resolve the problem directly on next patches.

I tested only on windows, version 18.0.0 and 18.0.1, two different computers and I got the same problem.
    If needed I can send a link to clip to test (the smaller I have it's about 1Gb)

M

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AERender in AE 2019 don't wait for job completion

Up until 2019, AERender, when executed with the -reuse option, waited for the job to complete before terminating.
    On AERender 2019, AERender, when used with the -reuse option, open (or use the already opened) gui, set the job to work on the gui and terminate immediately.
    This is problematic, because we relay on the -reuse option to complete jobs very quickly, while still checking to know when the job is complete.

We are asking to return the AERender to behave like in previous versions - that it will terminate after the job is complete, even with the -reuse option.

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We’re aware of an issue where, on Windows, the aerender process will crash at process start if the -reuse flag is used and the UI of After Effects is running. If the UI of After Effects is not running, the -reuse flag will cause the aerender process to crash after the render job is completed.

Our apologies for the disruption. We are investigating a fix for this bug for a future release.

7. zoom shortcut broken

After Effects 17.5.1 (MacOS Catalina) still have Alt-scroll (zoom) functionality broken. I saw a post where Adobe Admin told that this issue was solved in 17.5.1 update, but it is not.
    If I have a comp without a Camera layer, with my SelectionTool selected I can press Alt and scroll to zoom in/out. But if I have Camera layer (locked or unlocked), Alt key switches to camera tool and when I scroll I'm changing the depth.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After reviewing this report and discussing how the mouse wheel is used in 3D comps and the intent of the new behaviors with the camera tools in After Effects 17.5, we’ve decided to make a small change.

In Preferences > 3D, the Mouse Scroll Wheel Behavior option will now default to Magnify Composition, instead of Dolly Camera.

Given all of the factors, we concluded this is the best option to balance typical workflows and the new camera tools. And if you preferred the Dolly Camera option, this is an easy change to make.

This change will be in the next update for After Effects Beta (version 17.6, build 42 or later). Please test it when available and let us know if this feels like the right change.

8. Master-Propertys don´t take their user-names since Update.

I.E. the Master-Property is now named "Checkbox" and not "my Propertys Name".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow .mogrt files to export with adjustment layers to affect video clips in Premiere.

I use a lot of the same graphics for multiple "Projects" and wanted to create a template in After Effects for consistency and lessen the workload. But It part of that graphic is to turn part of the video clip black and white I need to use an Adjustment Layer. Allowing Adjustment Layers to port over with .mogrt files would make things much easier for me and I'm guessing others as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back 'System Default Audio Device' as option in Audio Hardware

Bring back 'System Default Audio Device' as option in Audio Hardware preferences.

I switch a LOT between speakers and headphones on any given day. There used to be an option where AE would use whatever the system audio is... plug headphones in, audio switches to those... unplug headphones, AE switches to speakers.

Why was this removed in AE (and Premiere)?

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optimize Shapes and vector layers

Currently the biggest bottleneck or noticeable speed degredation for me after getting a CPU with more cores and a lower clockspeed has been shape layers and vectors. If I have a comp with lets say 100 small shape circles, the FPS in After Effects drops to such a low level it is hard to even work. Since things are being optimized in After Effects and tasks are being moved to the GPU, this is one area of the program I would really like to be improved. Shapes and vector layers are very commonly used, so it shouldn't be such a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base