After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable/disable Constrain Proportions on Multiple Layers

Is there a way to select multiple layers and uncheck constrain proportions on all of them at once? That would save a lot of time as opposed to selecting multiple layers, hitting s, then unchecking each individual link button.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug - When master property is linked to json data by expression, it does not render properly with aerender

When a master properties value is linked to a json data file in the comp and the comp is rendered with aerender, the value of the master property in the rendered file is reverted to it's unaltered value, ie. does not reflect the value of the data

This does work correctly when rendering normally, only seems to be when rendering with aerender

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Real planar tracker GPU and AI based

New reliable planar tracker GPU accelerated and AI based, able to track AE masks or match move layers and corner pins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. soft light math changed?

Has the math behind soft light blending mode changed recently? For years, I have used soft light to add effects with a 50% gray solid but now the results are different... I've tested the project settings/color management and can't seem to get this right...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an icon to adjust both dimensions of multidimensionnal properties at once in the timeline

It would be very handy to be able to click and drag for both dimensions of multidimensionnal properties (or spatial properties only?) in the timeline (like positions), using both axis of the mouse.

This could be done through an additionnal icon, to keep the current behaviour on individual axis (see screenshot example)

In case the property has three dimensions, this icon could be used to adjust only X and Y.

This would make it easier to work with layers while hiding layer handles, allowing us to quickly move the layers without selecting/clicking in the viewport.

Working with hidden layer handles…

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New way to think about After Effects

I think of After Effects as a platform and not a product. It has a nice baseline of features and capabilities, but it's a shell for developers to build it into something for them. It has a plethora of plugins and extensions. And using the language of the web, Javascript, make scripting much more accessible than other packages.

Thinking of AE as a platform means the focus would be on creating a solid, stable, performant foundation. Maybe even creating more powerful development and scripting tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. separate X and Y scale dimensions option

I separate the X and Y position on layers A LOT, and I often need to do it for the scale of a layer and it's a huge PITA that I can't just right click and separate the dimensions for scale like I can for position

please add this--thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 17.1.1 is not compatible with Element 3d, 17.1 works but the incremental upgrade crashes

17.1.1 is not compatible with Element 3d, 17.1 works but the incremental upgrade crashes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Green horizontal lines in preview of AE and Premiere Pro

I have large green lines in preview on both AE and Premier, All preview zoom/ruler settings have been tried. AE is on 17.1.1 build 34. Premier is on 14.3.0 build 38. Machine is WIndows 10 build 18362.752 (latest I can get) with Intel Core i7-9770K on MSI MS-7B22 system board with 64GB RAM, Intel UHD630 graphics (May 18 2020 driver build - 27.20.100.8280 Latest). All storage is internal. Boot is NVMe M.2

Was working fine until recently(~1 week)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. About removing the Pro Import plug-in on MacOS

Sorry about the ranting, but this made me very disappointed to Adobe again:

So, Adobe and Mac combination is not for pro users?

First Adobe disabled exporting Prores XQ on Mac, now latest update (17.0.4.) disables Pro Import plugin, making importing AAF, OMF, FCP XML impossible - even I don't use macOS Catalina!
    In Orwellian way, this is listed under "Bug fixes"! Made me spill my coffee.
    At least add a warning sign to get user attention before pressing update!

If Premiere can import some of these formats, why not After Effects?
    I would imagine Adobe's $11 billion annual revenue…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tell users they're also installing Maxon Cinema 4D

Let me know that AE will install Maxon Cinema 4D. I saw it installed, and had no idea why: had to Google the answer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make pre-comp original

Being able to click on a button to make a pre-comp original so that it dosen't get lost in a sea of pre-comps or get accidentally deleted. Also, if it would be able to look through pre-comp in a list form and for it to show original pre-comps or copies. You could select your pre-comp and select a show original/copies switch to see, then click options to create original copy or have an undo button to revert back to a copy

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Encryt/Decrypt AE-Project file

It would be great to protect the AE project with a passwort based encryption to avoid piracy. Only with the correct passwort is possible to load an AE project file. It should be also possible to encrypt extended footage if needable. With this feature every content creator can protect his own work and then save this in the cloud. Currently i do this with external Tools, but it would be great, if AE supports this End-to-End encryption.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File import - add grouping of sequences

It would be great if in the import view window we could see sequence as one file. If we wanted to import a specific frame there should be a toggle "group sequences" that we could just unmatch and it would show all available frames.
    It's often irritating to scroll through the folder with multiple sequences and thousands of frames to find the specific one we need.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lasso tool | Select vertex points

Would really helpful to select multiple vertex points like the lasso tool that Illustrator have.
    That feature can be improve the animation with shapes in AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use System Browser for Dynamic Link Import Dialog

The built-in file browser for File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequence... doesn't show Windows shortcuts or OneDrive folders. We should be able to browse using the system file explorer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem selecting multiple keyframes in AE 2020 (17.04)

In AE 2020 (17.04) When I try to select multiple keyframes in the timeline by drawing a box around them, there is often a delay of a few seconds before the keyframes are selected. Sometimes the delay causes the box that I draw to be "cut off" so that not all of the intended keyframes are selected. I've tried different mouses and many different files, and the problem has persisted over the last couple of AE updates. I'm on an iMac Pro, OS 10.14.6, 3GHZ Intel Xeon W, 128 GB RAM.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add render bar on icon

Please add a render bar on icon when After Effects is rendering (like Premiere or Media Encoder) it's very helpfull

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS

After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS without drop sound when preview with sound

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base