Skip to content

After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

117 results found

1. horizontal lines in shadows

There are horizontal lines appearing in the shadows on 3D-layers (preview as well as final output rendering) if the following conditions apply:

• The camera's orientation is perpendicular to multiple 3D-layers
    • These layers are parallel to each other
    • They physically overlap
    • They do cast and accept shadows

As soon as one element (camera or any layer) is rotated a bit the artifact disappears. The position of the light source doesn't seem to have any relevance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow previewing/auditioning fonts as was available in previous versions.

Go back to the way previous versions handled font previewing/auditioning. Highlight text, select the font in the "Character" window and then use the up/down arrow keys to preview/audition font.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. XD files Supports in Aftereffects

Hello everyone,

it would be great feature, if Adobe XD files open in AE for animation, and the last update in AE, we were just able to import AI and PSD files, So if you people update the Aftereffects with above feature that will be great for everyone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. attach path point to null object

It would be very useful to be able to attach path points to a null object the way we can do it with the Beam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable copy/paste of Master Properties keyframes to other properties or layers

We can copy keyframes from a comp into a layer with master property, but we cannot copy the keyframes once they are on a master property. Please allow this so we can animate properly on the master properties.

I'm playing around with the master property feature and I think this could be amazing for character animation! I have a simple rigged character with about 22 layers (everything is native AE and just done by parenting). Even just using the bare minimum of layers, there is still lots of scrolling to find the one parameter on each layer I need to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG: Crash on Right Click PreCompose

When right clicking to Pre Compose in latest (v15.1.0) version, After Effects crashes out. Does not save or recover files just simply crashes out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: DNxHD video files now only show up as audio files

Having just updated to 15.1.0 I've found that most clips supplied to me from Avid as DNxHD now only show up as audio files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug in precomposing

Hi sorry I just wanted to report a bug, whenever I try to precompose layers by right clicking, my ae crashes.

I was just wondering if this was just for me or if it's happening to everyone?

thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  10. Clone Stamp and Brush Strokes Bug 15.1.0 (166)

I can't draw any strokes with pen tools or clone stamps. It basically does a dot where I initially click, but does not follow my mouse stroke so I can not do any clone stamp strokes or brush strokes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back the ability to cycle through text, or allow us to revert the typekit preview back to the old text menu

the ability to cycle through text with the up down arrow keys and see the text update on my text layers was a crucial part of my workflow, change it back or give us the option to change it back

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pre comps crash

Just updated to Version 15.1.0 (Build 166) and every time I try to create a pre-comp the program crashes. There is no way around this. Please fix as soon as you can. This is a massive inconvenience as I use pre-comps a lot in my workflow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug in precomposing

Hi sorry I just wanted to report a bug, whenever I try to precompose layers by right clicking, my ae crashes.

I was just wondering if this was just for me or if it's happening to everyone?

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug report

Updated Ae to 2018 version and have a huge problem. When I try to precomp layers on the timeline, AE always crashed. It makes work really inconvenient! Please check this out as soon as possible!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Put the character panel text dropdown back the way it was

I used to be able to select a font and then hit the down key to live preview the font in the comp window, now i have to click a bunch more times just to get an idea of what i'm looking at.

It wasn't broken, don't fix it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  16. Seeing fonts update in the comp as you step through them

Return the functionality of seeing fonts update in the comp as you step through them

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Right-click options not there anymore since last update (April 2018) (converting layers to shaopes or outlines not possible)

Since last update all layer specific right-click options are gone. So it is not possible anymore to for example convert .AI files to shapes anymore or convert text to outlines and so on. It is all gone and only the basic right-click option for all layers are available. PLEASE HELP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

After Effects

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base