Skip to content

After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

117 results found

1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. License Pro Res. Pay for it. Scratch did. So can you.

If other apps can export pro Res on a PC then so could Adobe. You can afford it. Pay the man. We pay you. You pay them. We all work. After Codecs can hack it with ffmpeg but I am having to switch to Scratch to do it properly. Put your hand in your pocket. Pass the costs on to us. Just do it. please.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement a faster 3D space

It is... way to slow now for proper manipulations in high res.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: expressions using valueAtTime() dont' work with Master Properties

When you have an expression that uses a valueAtTime() function, pulling from a slider that is a master property, it will not update when changed in the parent comp.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

Update 2018-08-03: Marking as completed, thanks for replying that the 15.1.2 update fixed it for you.

Original:
    Thank you for filing this bug report.

We’re unable to reproduce a problem. Can you please clarify the following:
    - What version of After Effects are you using? (Open the About After Effects dialog and look at the specific version number, like 15.1.2.)
    - How are you using valueAtTime()? Please post the specific expression or an example project that demonstrates the issue.

7. Ability to Customize shortcuts within the program.

Provide a keyboard shortcut utility similar to Premiere. Right now there is nothing and you have to edit a script file...What? A professional product like this needs accessible custom modification keyboard shortcuts. This is even more important if you are working on a team wehre people prefer different workflows/shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Dashes on createPath() paths

Dashes are not correctly populating a path created by using the createPath() method. I'm getting weird results when compared to a path created using the pen tool. The error is especially apparent when animating the offset property: the dashes do not even move along the path; they just turn on and off.

Please let me know if you need a screencap. It's pretty straightforward to recreate the setup: I just made a shape layer with a group and a path in that group. Added stroke with dashes. Added two points using createPath()

content("Path 1").path.createPath([[0,0], [100, 0]]);

Increased dash length by…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →

Tom, it looks like you have found an answer by not closing the path, and Amir (one of our developers) has responded with further information.

JohnC, another engineer on the team, also explained this to me:
    Upon opening up the user project, I also noticed that the first vertex of the parametric path and the first vertex of the createPath() bezier path were different. The parametric path began in the upper right corner while the bezier path began in the upper left.

Dashes rely on the first vertex for their starting point, so they behaved differently on each path. Placing the user’s first bezier path vertex last (to match the parametric path) allowed them to match up.

Original path expression:

createPath([[0,0], [400, 0], [400,400],[0,400]]);
    Modified path expression:

createPath([[400, 0], [400,400],[0,400],[0,0]]);

9. Ability to change default folder names

An ability to change the default name of folders in after effects. Such as the "Solids" folder that is created when making your first solid. You can't rename that folder, because the next solid you create will generate a new folder. With the ability to change this preference, I can organize my project panel the way I would like without having a rogue non-prefixed folder sitting around. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ability to rename the Solids folder was added in the April 2017 release of After Effects CC, version 14.2.

You can rename the Solids folder, nest it into other folders, specify a different folder to be the solids folder, and also set a new default name (other than “Solids”) for the folder in Preferences > New Project.

Details are available here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new-april-2017.html#Enhancedsolidsfolderorganization
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/footage-items.html#enhanced_solid_folder_organization

If there’s a different folder or option that you would like to rename, please post a new UserVoice request specifically for that.

10. project based changes to interpreting raw footage settings for blackmagic and red cameras

so that you have to only once metion that you want to interpret everything linear or set every imported red to red wide gamut log p310 or set every Blackmagic to bmd film etc..
    we constantly have to deal with both of these cameras. that's why I mention them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this feature request.

You can use the Interpretation Rules.txt file to set rules for the interpret footage settings for different classes of files.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/importing-interpreting-footage-items.html#interpret_footage_items

If this does not cover what you are requesting, please provide more detail about the additional functionality you would like to see.

11. Please, bring back the ability to scroll over the font field to see layer text modifying live.

Why did you guys delete this fonctionnality we were used to for several years. This is not a improvement. To be able to see text layer modifying by scrolling with the cursor over the font field is as essential as to be able to make precomposition.

Just be a software from 2018, not 1998.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This bug was fixed in the April 2018 release of After Effects CC, version 15.1.

In After Effects 15.1, using the arrow keys to scroll the Font Family menu in the Character Panel once again previews the current font on selected text layers, as it did in After Effects 14.2 and previous versions.

12. Bug: Essential Graphics crash when renaming property

Shift-Backspace when naming/renaming a property in the EGP crashes AE every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 15.1.1 Improperly displaying AND rendering .jpg files bug

I've been working on a project now for a long time, and all of the sudden after updating yesterday I'm having some super odd display errors with .jpg files.

I have a bunch of makeup swatches that are .jpg files- white background with a makeup swatch in the center. See "swatch" for an example.

I have them comped into various scenes setting the layer to multiply and color correcting the swatches using mostly hue/saturation effects. The file labeled "ok" is how they should appear.

Now, after the update, the swatches appear like the file called "15.1.1".
    All that is happening…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  15. WARP STABILIZER: Bring back analysis information like current frame being analyzed, ETA for completion & Auto-Scale amount.

All that information is key for time management when working tight deadlines. Auto-Scale information is also important for matching shots to scale.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mocha AE needs to be the tracker within AE, not an app launched from within AE

AE's Motion Tracker is decent, but I've grown to rely on Mocha AE. It's a faster and more accurate especially dealing with footage that has multiple planes and depths to track. It would be nice, especially since Mocha AE has not been able to keep up with the last 4 AE updates, if Adobe would take over the controls and make a better tracker within the app.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Undeclared variables in expression causes crash (Expression Control)

CC2018 (15.1.0-build166) / MacOS 10.12.6

The following has been tested on two machines and recreates a crash every time:

1. Create a null
    2. Apply expression control effect (Slider, Angle Control, etc.)
    3. Plug the control into an expression variable.
    4. Dividing this variable by a yet undeclared variable causes a crash.

Example (put in rotation):
    a = effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
    a/myVar

This should return an error that myVar is undefined or something but it just crashes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  18. Fractal Noise Stacking Bug when GPU Acceleration activated

When GPU Acceleration is enabled in Project Settings, stacked instances of Fractal Noise on a single layer will not blend properly.

For example, if Fractal Noise B is set to Screen onto Fractal Noise A, blending will initially function as expected. But adjusting Fractal Noise B's Contrast or Brightness will then cause B to appear as if the effect's Blending Mode is set to Normal.

Disabling GPU Acceleration immediately alleviates the issue.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit source file from AE (launching straight into the original program)

I like to build my comps in Illustrator and import into AE, and I know some people like to build in PS.

Sometimes, I need to go back to the source file and make a change. I usually right click the layer or asset in the library and select "Reveal in Finder/Explorer." Then I open it up and make my changes. It would be nice if there was a menu option where I could just click "Edit in..." and select the program of choice. Then it would just launch the program and you can go from there. I believe this…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cineware layers don't update when the camera is moved via Master Properties

Create a comp with a Cineware layer and a camera. If you later move the camera using Master Properties, its position isn't updated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

After Effects

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base