After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to pin chosen layers always at the top of timeline panel

Would be great to be able to choose whether a layer could always stay on top or not.

For example a camera. Every time I add layers the camera slowly goes down in the stack and I have every time to drag it on the top cos I need to see its keyframing obviously.

Same for Audio File. I know I can put Markers but in some cases I need to see the waveform as I am doing very specific timed animation.

Same for Guide layers. Why they don't stay always on top as I need those to guide my…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. set matte

I have great idea for something that's been lacking for a long time - how about your team implement the basic features people have been requesting for years rather than relying on flashy new features that make for good marketing. I think this would be a something to really think about for future releases so that long-term users like me aren't constantly googling "After Effects alternatives" and looking longingly at how free programmes like Blender listen to the community.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4K

I have worked with AE since version 3, so I am used to it's idiosyncrasies. Lately it was pretty stable but now I am getting requests from clients for a lot of 4K work and we're back to memory crashes and frequent restarts. So as in the past, the software is still behind hardware in speed and efficiency. That said, I am in no mood to switch to something else and there are a lot of pretty good things I still like about AE. But I'm hoping you guys are working as ******* basic stability and efficiency and speed fixes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RAM Preview Broken

In the latest update, RAM preview is broken. It will cache frames but never finish or get stuck locking existing frame. even when cached, playback is not working. I have to scrub everything right now. I've reset the RAM preview pane state but same results.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don't Auto-Select the Expression Auto-Fill

When you start typing an expression and the Auto Fill pops up it also Auto Selects it so when you just want to press enter to close the expression it actually auto-fills and closes it at the same time. This is rage inducing. (just sayin). Please don't auto select the auto fill.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improved user interface and experience to match that of XD's, especially with layer manipulation

The best thing this app could use is a refresh on its user interface.

Being able to easily group items in a timeline with cmd+g, instead of placing layers in a separate composition would be HUGE. cmd+shift+g to ungroup, then be able to easily grab and bold text shapes on the composition viewer with hotkeys. Right now, you have to select text individually, then head to a dropdown just to bold something—what a hassle.

Small tweaks like this would make After Effects so much more enjoyable to use. The only Adobe product I recommend to other people is XD because…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ブロックノイズの混入をなんとかしてほしい

最近動画素材を読み込むと元の動画には問題ないのにも関わらず致命的なレベルのブロックノイズが混入する。
    また、同じく元の素材に問題はないのに動画素材の再生だけが停止するのも頻発している。
    素材のファイル形式がMOV、MP4でよく起きる。
    少し前から頻繁に起きるようになった。
    素材を普通に入れ直してもダメ、素材をDLやり直して名前を変えてもう一度読み込んでもダメ。
    お願いですからなんとかしてください。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feature request! Batch select markers on the same layer.

Hi! I know that you can batch select all the markers on a layer at once to move them, but it would be great to select just some. Like if there are five markers, you can select three of them and move them forward to they don't lose their relative position to each other. You've probably heard this one before, but I'd love to be able to do that!

Edit to add: And if you could "compress" selected markers together relative to each other like you can by holding "option" with selected keyframes, that would be cool too!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Saving images in 150 dpi

I have image with 150 dpi quality and want to do do some post processing in AE. But unfortunatly AE do not support 150 dpi only 72. And a lot of cool things that can be done i should do manually in Photoshop. In AE it could be much faster and easier.

Can it be possible to handle 150 DPI quality (or higher) for images in AE?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import/convert to shape for variable width profile paths from Ai should retain path and widths (not convert to outlines)

Import/convert to shape for variable width profile paths from Ai should retain path and widths. Presently, these convert to outlines around the path (and the path is lost). Related: variable width tool in Ae - should be consistent and work seemlessly with Ai.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. after effect 2020 not working at all

I have been working on After Effect for many years since variation 3.1. I've never come across such a thing. Projects that open without problems in version 2019 cannot open at all in version 2020. When I open a project - The process then begins and then the program collapses. I've done tests and prepared only one-layer projects in version 19 - and those didn't open in version 2020 either

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. save as file name error

When I do "Save as", the file name comes up in some encrypted font of random numbers/letters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work at all with Arri Alexa Footage

After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work with Arri Alexa footage that when imported into Premiere has the AMIRA LUT automatically added. You can see my first exampled here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MpmJfKHqg and my second example from Arri's example footage here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRnCeu7PE The footage drops out, goes blue, and goes upside down becoming completely useless.

The only way to get the footage to work is to recompress it all and the reconnect, but we are talking a huge amount of ProRES 4444 footage that I really don't want to recompress, especially when it works fine in After Effects 2019.

I had…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't Automatically Add "Folder" to a Consolidated Project Name

When you save a consolidated project out of AE it creates a folder with the files and adds "Folder" to the name, which to me, seems pointless. Just make a folder with the project name and call it good. I don't want to send a folder to a client with the name "folder" in it because it'll make me look like a total idiot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. every time I start After effects, I have to log in. No Internet, No Adobe. Annoying!

Every time I start After effects, I have to log in. No Internet, No Adobe. Annoying!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When adding a composition to AME Queue, give the user the option to pick "render settings" similarly to the AE render queue options.

I'm often using scaled down proxy footage for multiple compositions on big projects to speed up workflows. For final quality renders, I am currently limited to either using AE's render queue using the "Best Settings" render setting which locks me from doing more work in AE, or manually turning off all my proxy links before sending my comp to the AME queue.

I understand the dynamic link protocol has limitations which is why I suggest adding a dialog box or a preference option where AE users can choose the render settings that get translated to AME, allowing options other than…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. shape layer vertex point jumps off screen when zoomed in at 800%

I'm encountering an issue when trying to move vertex points on a shape layer. I select them and move my mouse, the vertex point then jumps way off screen. It seems to happen when I have my second monitor on, and goes away when I turn it off.

UPDATE: It seems the issue is actually related to how zoomed in I am. At 800% the issue occurs, but <=400% it doesn't happen.

I'm on Win 10, with a 4K monitor, scaling set to 125% in windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug - Audio Preview

Since the last update for After Effects, Previewing the audio by pressing period now plays silence for the firt half second of preview, making it impossible to use this method for syncing audio events

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AE 2020 (17.0.2) Color shifts when rendering

Starting with AE 2020 (on macOS Catalina 10.15.3) we're running into the following issue:

Whenever a live action footage comp in is rendered straight from AE to ProRes, there is a slight color shift and diagonal jagged line artifacts which were not in the original footage/comp.

As a workaround, we've tried rendering via AME. This solved the jagged lines but introduces an unexpected color shift to the footage.

This happens regardless of the render module (both Metal and Mercury Software Only).

Attached is a portion of the scopes in each case showing the color shift and the jagged lines and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base