After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MOGRT controls don't update audio track in Premiere

When I make a MOGRT control to play one audio track or another (by turning down the stereo mixer on one track or the other), it works as expected within AE, but once I go to Premiere, the MOGRT audio track never updates again, no matter what, after it's first dragged into the sequence.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Element 3D plugin with Mac GPU

Hello

Have any Mac users experienced problems with the Element 3D plugin in the latest After Effects release?
    After Effects: 18.2
    macOS: 10.15.7
    GPU: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
    Element 3D: 2.2.2

After Effects renders black objects in the Element plugin when using a timeline layer as a custom texture. It's an 8K layer, but the project has worked without problems before the latest updates.
    Full render and Preview render modes show empty black texture. The Draft render mode shows a correct texture, and inside the plugin's Scene Setup, everything works fine.
    Have to restart Mac to be able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Move time to preview time broken after newest update (April 14 2021)

Move time to preview time seems to be broken after the newest update (April 14 2021)

I used this feature daily to fast preview animations, and I could watch the blue scrubber pass over the audio waveform and stop it where I wanted. The newest patch has broken this functionality. The play head no longer stops where you stop it, it now goes back to where it started when you began the preview, no matter if this option is checked in Preview settings.

Update: Duplicating and deleting some layers seems to have fixed it initially, but the problem is intermittent…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search/filter in Effect Controls

Please add a search/filter bar to the Effect Controls panel to make finding parameters quicker and easier. Twirling down endless nested categories many plugins have is tiresome, slow and unnecessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A bug in After Effects with importing ProRes 4444 files with alpha

After Effects is not correctly interpreting the alpha Chanel of ProRes 4444 files - if there is an alpha fade in the imported 4444 video, a black shadow can be seen under the fade - this is the same whether premultiplied is selected or not. I have loaded the same files into Motion and Millumin and they work correctly. See the attached still - the text should be fading from transparent to white but is showing as transparent black during the fade.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: After Effects 2020 and 2021 cannot open seq files from server

AE 2020 and 2021 can't open any sequences what include image files that show file size on disk: 0 bytes.
    On server Data Deduplication changes that size on disk to 0.

it wasn't problem with AE2019
    Please fix that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Save" MOGRT tags/keywords to project

I work with MOGRTs on the regular, and part of our process is making sure that they're searchable with keywords/tags. But you can only add tags at the export stage, and if you need to reexport those MOGRTs, then you have to retype all those tags in again - there's no way to save them alongside the rest of the project.

What would be great is if we could add the tags to the MOGRT, but have that save with the project so that I don't have to retype the whole set of tags from scratch every time.

In addition,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trim Paths Delay

It would be great to be able to set a time delay when using Trim Paths when set to individually. Having the ability to adjust when the next successive path starts would be a huge help.

Currently when set to animate individually the paths are animated one at a time and ONLY when the previous path has finished. Being able to set that value would be such a time saver.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wrong typeface reflected when mulitple text layers are selected

My Composition has 5 Text Layers with the exact same Character settings.
    When I select all of those, the Typeface of the previous opened project is shown in the Character panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What kind of expressions let project slow?

Hello guys!
    I know some expressions let the project in AE or Premiere Pro (mogrt) slow. Searching on internet I've found expressions like valueAtTime, sourceRectAtTime or those who eval layer index. Well, I know too that code like "if else" statament let code slow as well. I would like to know if is that all true and if possible, to know what kind of code/expressions would be interesting to avoid in order to keep MOGRT or even after effects projects better in performance. Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix video format recognition in After Effects

Seems to be a major bug in the new 2021 update, in that AE refuses to read/display many videos from my iPhone -- .MOV and .mov, 720, 1080, and screen recordings, all of them. Large chunks of video, or the entire video, only dsiplay as green static (image attached). Older updates have been interruped by a simliar display; I discovered it was related to framerate mismatch. In those cases, if I first used Media Composer to export them as new files with fixed 24 or 30fps framerates, it would head off the trouble. Not this time. Sending these videos through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add blending modes to Fill Effect

Always wondered why the effect lacks those. (and why the Opacitiy parameter of the effect affects the Opacity of the layer)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 8 bit warning pop up on all effects

If I click an effect in the effects control panel where the warning icon appears for '8-bit only' effects, I get the pop up attached, even on full 32bpc effects.

Seems to be a UI bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AE Crashes after sending to media encoder 17.7.0

After installing the latest update (17.7.0) AE started crashing after sending compositions to render in AME.

See Screen capture of the crash
    + attached crash report

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time Ruler Bug

The Time Ruler bug I read about from 2017 is still happening in my app. I'm unable to see the Time Ruler in seconds. in Ae current version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export mxf, h264, h265 - just like Premiere Pro can do

After Effect users are convicted to use Media Encoder to output .mxf/op1a and h264/h265. But Premiere can output all of these - why can't Ae?

The route from Ae to AME is far from smooth - so it will save a lot of time to have these output codecs handy from within After Effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Crashing when resizing text box

I have text in a text box and anytime I try to adjust the boundaries, AE gives me the spinning ball of death and I have to force quit.

AE version 18.1.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Major Bug in AE 17.7 Related to Illustrator and Color

Imports from Illustrator are showing colors that are way off. This appears both in the imported illustrator layer and when the Illustrator layer is converted to shape the color is wrong. I was not having this problem in 17.6 and when I downgraded and opened the exact same project the colors were magically fixed. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separate XYZ axes for Puppet Position Pin Tool animation

It would be useful if you could separate XYZ axes for more than just position animation. This would be good for anchor point, scale, etc., but particularly for the Puppet Position Pin tool this feels like it ought to be the default. I'm aware of the workaround with linking null position to pin position, but really you shouldn't have to do all that setup just to set an x keyframe to ease in with a y keyframe at linear.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. distinguishable app icons

Usually I keep several versions of same app in one pc. But usually the icons of each versions are came with same design. It would be nice if the icons show the version number on it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base