After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send multiple audio layers to audition as multitrack session

I often rough in voiceover and musical timing in aftereffects as I'm blocking a sequence. It would be nice to send those tracks to audition as a dynamic link multitrack session. Currently my workflow is to render audio stems from AE for finessing, but there are obvious limitations there.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Marker Bin

Hi,

it would be great if we could see all Markers in a bin or folder or spreadsheet like interface.

Imagine you are searching for notes and shots that you marked
    You can easily find those shots in the markers interface.

Additionally you can remove them in this interface if you need to.
    Or select many of them even if they are inserted in different compositions.

I hope you find this helpful

thanxs

Peter

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skip frames RAM preview to count from start of timeline, not work area, like it use to.

I always use the work area to preview (not the option where it starts from the timeline). I also often use the option to Skip frames where AE only RAMs only every 2nd, 5th, 10th, or whatever frame, to save time. I also shuffle or extend the work area up and down to preview different areas. Years ago it use to count which skipped frames to preview from the beginning of the timeline, but now it counts from the beginning of the work area!!! So even if I push the area down a second, or a frame, even though the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Rotate Axis

I'd love the ability to rotate the axis, so if I want a shape to move diagonally I only have to keyframe a single axis instead of trying to manage 2.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Adobe AE 2020 export in AME 2020

When exporting from After Effects 2020 or a Premiere Pro sequence that has a AE sequence inside, AME 2020 crashes when trying to export.

See https://adobeproblems.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/daily-adobe-quirks-media-encoder-failed/ . Having the same problem on macOS Majove on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Label Colors for Keyframes

Allow users to use the same label colors but for keyframes similar to markers. This would definitely be helpful for character animation to help organize different loops or cycles. Simply add a list to the context menu when right clicking on selected keyframes.

488 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gallery mode for project panel

There should be a button on the bottom of the project panel to toggle "Gallery mode" which would show thumbnails for all of the assets in your project. Or perhaps there is a new "Assets" panel instead of replacing the project panel, which might be more useful.

This would operate somewhat like Adobe Bridge, allowing you to quickly and easily view images in high resolution. It should also be able to scrub/play videos similar to the Premier Pro project panel.

This would be a very useful feature that I am sure many, many After Effects users would enjoy! It would…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please give options to change missing font in template project!!!

I came across a .aet project that has a missing font, and I just can't get the text to change font in the comp, it resizes as if it was changing but the font remain the same no matter what...

After consulting with Adobe technical support, they responded that there is no such a function to change missing font. I sincerely hope in future version they include this option! Thank you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove unused footage feature without removing folders

Hi there,

I would like to see the "remove unused footage" feature extended with an option to not delete folders. Since I'm using a certain structure of folders in my projects, I would like an option to clean them of unused footage (for performance / overview reasons) while maintaining my normal folder structure.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow scripts to have access to clipboard

Currently, scripts need to send a command line to copy from clipboard, this seems to be much slower on Windows than on MAC, making scripts not as optimized on Windows machines. Allowing scripts to have direct access to clipboard would fix this issue and make the workflow on Windows comparable to Macs in this regard.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Background color should not default to black when rendering via AME

When outputting via AE (without an alpha channel) the chosen background color renders as expected, but sending the same comp to AME results in a black background. Why do we need to place a solid behind each comp, only to let us render via AME.
    I only use AME to either render while working, or now because I'm forced to use it for common compression codecs, so for that one pass I need to remember that every single second of every single comp needs a solid on the bottom layer, yeah right.
    If you force us to use AME, give…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Per vertex rounding on shape layers

It's be great to be able to adjust and animate the rounding of individual vertexes on shape layers just like a user can in Illustrator.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ONION SKIN!!!

There needs to be an onion skin option for frame by frame drawing, it's not difficult!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Import multiple layers

When working with Ai and Ae, we can import a complete .ai as a Comp, or a single layer for the .ai. Why not make a dialog with checkboxes to import multiple layers?
    Especially handy when working on infographics or cartoon style storytelling, where during the animation additional layers are created in the .ai.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects 2020 Much Much SLOWER

Was working with 2020 for 5 min.
    Out of the box in comparison seam to be slower on a comp of a resolution of 5400x1080, as compares to AE 2019.

Certainly twice(!!!!) slower from AE 2019 in reading JPG SEQ res:5400x1080.

Did not checked it further.

Both Apps synced with their preferences.
    Both of them have the Cache option disabled.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Text in Error Window Selectable

When the error window pops-up the text should be selectable so you can just paste it into google.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make project panel monospaced

Please make the project panel monospaced so that filenames and renders line up visually, making it easier to compare render passes for example.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug? Wrong audio settings after importing Premiere project in 2020

Since Adobe 2020 there is a strange behaviour when importing a Premiere project in After Effects.

CC2019: I create a new project in PP, insert some video files into the timeline, and import it in After Effects. The single sequences in AE automatically get the effect "stereo mixer" with settings 100%/100%/-100%/100%. (1x for mono, 2x for stereo video)

CC2020: The same, but the Stereo Mixer has the settings 35,57%/35,57%/-100%/100% (even when importing PP2019 files), so the audio is way quieter than it should be.

Is this a bug? Or a feature? ;) Tested on 3 systems, Mac/Win.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Erode" effect to replace "Simple Choker"

It would be very nice to re-write the "Simple Choker" effect to perform more closely to the Nuke "Erode" node. Specifically the precision is much higher and the results more reliable. When using "Simple Choker" any feathering is lost and the matte becomes hard, it seems to exponentially get less effective the wider you go, and it does not keep the original shape of your mask very well (there seems to be a blurring effect which rounds out edges). On the other hand the Nuke "Erode" node works in pixels and no precision is lost in terms of your mask…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't crop vectors from illustrator files to comp size whe importing.

When importing files from illustrator it crops the images and only imports the things INSIDE of the artboard. It would be really good to be able to keep the whole thing so that it's not necessary to make unnecessary bigger artboards just to keep the whole image.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base