After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: Color shift on Save Frame As

When I do "Save Frame As" I am getting weird color shifts, crazy amounts of tint and saturation that are not in the comp on the exported jpeg. I have Videocopilot's FX console installed and if I use that to export the exact same frame as a jpeg everything in the resulting jpeg appears as it does in the comp.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Faulty composition preview

I was working on a project today when the preview window of my composition went completely blank, when I moused over the layers of my composition, the bounding box appeared but the artwork was not viewing. I recall having this problem before and its clearly frustrating to say the least. Several hours of work have been lost.

I reset the preferences with command shift and alt and the composition still won’t view. Other compositions will show. Its just this one that is faulty. I will have to incrementally save from now on to prevent this issue becoming a minor disaster

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a probleme with composition panel

I installed after effects cc 2019 trial version a day ago, it worked fine. But today, I launched it and open an existing project but nothing appear in composition panel. How can I fix this ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Video looses thin layer of pixels upon import

I'm loosing a layer of pixels on one edge of my imported video. My only work around for years now has been to export my project, bring it into Premiere, enlarge it 100.4%, and re-export it.

For some reason when I drop in a video into AE, it randomly corrupts one edge of the video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

What codec is this footage? What application or camera created it?

Can you share a sample file with us? Post a link to your file here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

5. RAM Preview

RAM preview isn't working today. Cache and database are empty, yet when I hit space bar all I can hear is the music, nothing happens with the animation. And no, Caps Lock isn't on. I'm sure it's just a matter of the new update rendering my fully-speced 2017 iMac useless, but it would be good if I could get another year out of it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug Report: Crash, when opening a Project, that was created with "collect files"

Hello,

when I'm trying to open a project that was created with the "collect files" option, After Effects opens, freezes (windows says not responding) and then just closes. The project isn't any fancy and doesn't use any plugins, the workspace was reset to standard.

The source-project was created in CC19 and I'm using CC19 as well.

My workaround is creating a new project and importing said "collected" ae-project and I can work with it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report. Sorry to hear that you’ve encountered a problem.

Does this problem repeat if you go back to the original project, collect it again, and try to open the resulting project?

If so, we’d like to take a look at the project files, both the original and the collected version. Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

7. Can you please test and confirm if NVIDIA 940MX is supported by After Effects?

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Device: GeForce 940MX/PCIe/SSE2
    Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 391.25
    Total Memory: 3.96 GB
    Shader Model: 4.0 or later

CUDA
    Driver Version: 9.1
    Devices: 1 (GeForce 940MX) (unsupported)
    Current Usable Memory: 3.33 GB (at application launch)
    Maximum Usable Memory: 4.00 GB

It is showing that it is unsupported but my processor is starts running once I open After Effects. Could you please test and confirm if this is supported by After Effects?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

What type of support are you requesting?

After Effects supports Nvidia, AMD, and Intel graphics chipsets for Mercury GPU acceleration. (Enabled in Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects.) We have not specifically tested or certified the GeForce 940MX chipset, but it should meet requirements. If you can not set the project to use Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA), install the latest drivers from the Nvidia web site. (This is assuming that you are using Windows. CUDA is not supported by After Effects on macOS, but Metal and OpenCL should be available.)

The Ray-traced 3D renderer (Composition Settings > 3D Renderer) has been deprecated as of After Effects 16.0 and will be removed in a future release. We no longer certify cards for compatibility with this feature, and recommend that you use the CINEMA 4D renderer instead.

8. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

9. After Effects freezes during disk cache purge

Sadly, after AE took up about 99.99% of all my RAM (despite setting "other programs" to use like 16GB of RAM, but AE eventually doesn't care and tries to take it all and - image my shock - throws around error messages), the program froze during a "purge RAM & disk cache" operation.
    Memory management is totally broken in AE (since the early 2000s)
    (v. 16.0.1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Comp from Selection Bug - Naming of new comp is different than selection

AE 2019 - When creating comps based off of PSD's that are imported into after effects (footage - merged) we've come across that at a certain point AE will rename the new comp based off of some other composition name in the project. (Eg. It adds S0001.psd into a composition and calls the new comp S0650)

In our workflow we are creating 20-30 of these comps per day so having to manually rename them will add alot of time. Especially when it is meant to work with copying the name of the layer.

I've tried restarting the project and computer,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please provide us with a project that exhibits this problem? Having it in the “before” state with clear steps to reproduce the problem will help us isolate the cause of the problem. Before/after screenshots would also be appreciated.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

11. Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0

Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0.

apple Tab often fails to make application live again.
    wa gwaan?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more information before we can investigate this problem. In simple tests on macOS 10.13.6, I do not reproduce the issue as described.

Can you give us more detail about when and how the problem occurs? A screen recording of the problem may be helpful. The larger picture is that we need to know what state After Effects is in when you encounter this problem.

12. Time Reverse layer

There is a persisting bug with the 'Time reverse layer' command - often drops first frame, sometimes drops or displays random wrong frame elsewhere in the reversed layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please post a project file with footage that demonstrates this issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

13. Bug copying/pasting position data from face track to a null

This is a bug where copying the mask motion data from face tracking and pasting it into the position of a null causes the application to crash.

This is a repeatable event, please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In simple tests, I was unable to cause a crash by copying the Mask Path property of a face-tracked mask to the Position property of a null layer.

Can you provide us with a project, with footage, that reproduces the problem?

14. Bug - applying Lumetri after Primatte Key causes a slight unexpected scale shift.

The layer is masked.

AE CC 2019
    MacBook Pro 15" 2016
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would be helpful if we could see screenshots of the problem (with and without the shift) and/or a project that demonstrates the issue.

15. Fix GPU errors with curves & mask composites.

Since AE 2019 using curves along with composite masks occasionally (and quite often) causes GPU errors which brings up a pop telling me to use software rendering. I'm using a 1080Ti so have plenty of spare memory. I believe curves has just moved to GPU since the 2019 update so it make sense that this bug has only just surfaced.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is this on Windows or Mac? Which version of the OS?

Can you provide us with specific steps that cause the crash? ex., Apply Curves with X settings and add X number of masks. Or whatever steps lead to the crash.

Or, could you send us a project file that demonstrates the problem? You can post a link here, or if you prefer you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. Please post back if you send an email, as we need to check that inbox manually.

A crash log would also be helpful. Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, please choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter, and set it to always show the dialog. When you get the crash, make sure to add a comment. We also like it (but it is not required) when you include your email…

16. BUG REPORT: CC 2019 16.0.0 Build 235 (macOS 10.13.6)

AE CC 2019 16.0.0 Build 235 on macOS 10.13.6 crashes upon opening projects. All bug reports submitted to Apple and Adobe. Trashing preferences and importing the project into a new project is the only fix, but that's only good for 2-3 days... then need to repeat this process.

Compounding this issue - it takes 2+ minutes to start/launch the software after a crash. May not seem like a lot, but every minute counts on a deadline. Stop the cloud sign-in garbage. I don't need a welcome screen with my name or libraries loaded. This was a creeping issue in CC…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for submitting crash reports.

I looked for crash logs associated with your email address, but only found 1. Could you send us one or more After Effects crash log files for this problem from the /Users/you/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder?

Please note that Adobe Crash Reporter will submit your crash data anonymously unless you also check the “Yes, Adobe can contact me” option.

Regarding the Home window that appears when you start After Effects, you can disable this in Preferences > General > At…

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report: AE crashes each time I open a project converted from an older version

I get the rainbow death wheel on my Apple laptop and need to force quit AE. When it occasionally works, the program won't save or export anything through the render queue. This only happens in projects that were overwritten from previous editions of AE.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Crashing Report] After Effects crashing after any modifications on project

After doing any modification on any layer, specially on effects (more specifically: stroke effect), after effects crashes then comes back with no modification made.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Mojave compatabily

Things start to lock up when I go to render.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base