After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bug reports: edit original commend not always working cc2019

cc2019 - edit original commend not always working. i am using after effect since version 3.1. never had this problem - i׳m on a layer pressing commend+E but Nothing happens.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more detail on the problem? We need to know more about when you encounter this problem. For example:
    - What type of file are you selecting when you choose the Edit Original command in After Effects? PSD, AI, MOV, MP4, TIFF, JPEG, etc. Is it only one particular file type, or multiple file types?
    - What application are you expecting to open for this file?
    - What happens when you double-click on the file in Explorer or Finder? Does the expected application open?
    - Is this on Windows or Mac? What version of the OS?
    - Is this only in an existing project? If you import the same file into a new project, does the same problem occur?

2. Videos export darker than project

Every time I export from AE, the videos come out about 10-15% darker than the original. I've tried many different export settings with the same results. If one were to take a video, put it in AE, export it with a rewrap, take the exported video, put it in a new comp, and repeat this several times, the results become very obvious. It's exporting darker every time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support CUDA Acceleration, for GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP Edition

Hello, I need help since it says in my program (After CC 17) that my video card is not supported (Ge Force GTX 1060 AMP Edition).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects brush bug

After Effect's pen pressure for the brush isn't compatible with the latest Wacom tablet drivers. I've seen this topic a lot in the Adobe forums, but it seems that Adobe has not yet addressed this issue.

In the attached picture I've selected Brush 19. When Size is set to Pen Pressure (as in the photo), I can only draw those very thin and almost invisible lines on the left. When the Size is set to Off, I can only draw those two thicker lines in the middle. This seems to be a common issue in AE with no fix yet,…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Lumetri Colour

When I put Lumetri Colour directly on footage it starts to glitch and with every playback in a different way. The problem is that when exporting it also has the glitches and with every export of the same video and the same lumetri settings the glitches are different.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more information to understand what is happening. Can you please share:
    - Screenshots of the problem.
    - A project file and/or rendered result that demonstrates the issue.
    - Information about the computer you are using, including OS and video card details.

Also, is GPU acceleration enabled? Open Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects. If this is set to Mercury GPU Acceleration, try setting it to Mercury Software Only. Or vice versa. After making the change, make sure to purge cached frames, via Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache.

6. Expression Shortcut

Expression Shortcut Idea:

A shortcut to open the expression would be nice.

Example:
    If I have a position expression on a layer I would normally use the default expression shortcut (Double E). However, it would be nice to have that shortcut (or a new one created). If I select the layer, then push P (to reveal the position) then push Alt + Ctrl+ A (Which will select all properties that are showing). Then, with that property selected, you could then push the double E shortcut to reveal the expression of that property.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this idea.

There is already a shortcut available to add an expression to a selected property: Option + Shift + = (macOS) or Alt + Shift + = (Windows)

The Add Expression command is also available from the Animation menu. The keyboard shortcut can be customized in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Does this do what you are requesting? If not, please clarify what functionality you’d like to see added to After Effects.

7. Using same variable in two different master properties cause crash CC2019 v16.01

I have a master comp with to sub comps consisting of three text layers each. The two sub comps are lower thirds left and light aligned, but there are three hidden text layers for input from Essential Graphics and I want to link the content of these to both left and right comps respective Master Properties.
    Once I try to add the variable from the master comp to the second comp's master propert and change the check box value from off to on After Effects crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would be helpful if we could inspect your project file to see exactly what is happening. We only need the .aep file, not any source media.

Post a link to your file here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

8. Unspecified Drawing Error When Text Layer contains Code

When a Text a text layer contains code a message pops up stating "Unspecified Drawing Error" when you close it, it pops up again

I believe that this may be because ae thinks that the text in the text layer is a part of it's own code. but it would be in a string wouldn't it?

Although if the code contains a string of it's own then maybe that's ending the string in AE's code?

attached is the text in the layer that was doing this

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

In a quick test, I was unable to reproduce the problem you describe.

Could you provide us with a project file that demonstrates the issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

9. Huge Perfomance Problems with after effects

Since the Update to Adobe CC2019 we have huge perfomance issues with After Effects, every slight render takes forever and even the smalles actions are lagging and dont perform well at all. We got HP Z440 Workstations with Intel Xeon E5-1620 v4 @3.50 Ghz, 64 GB of RAM and an nVidia Qadro M2000 GPU. The interesting thing is that the pc isnt stressed at all, we got 60 gig RAM reserved for AE but it uses only 4 – 6 at a time.Any else got this problem and hopefully a soltion?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more detailed steps to reproduce the problem? I presume that by “vectorizing a child comp” you mean you’re enabling the Continuously Rasterize switch for the pre-comp layer, but I don’t want to assume. I also need clarification on which comp you’re referring to by “lengthen this comp”.

Perhaps you could provide us with a sample project in the “before” state and instructions or a screen recording of what to do that causes the problem. Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

12. Motion Blur Bug: Motion Blur is randomly on when switches are off

In a large animation project, I have all motion blur switches turned off for all individual layers, sub comps, and master switches within them. When ram previewing, it plays just fine, but when I go to render it puts motion blur on random layers, not all. I have triple checked all layers and effects, adjustment layers, there is nothing that has motion blur turned on, built in, or is forcing it. The only way around it has been to turn off motion blur for all layers in the render settings above the output module.

This is in CC 2019, on…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When exporting via the Render Queue, there is an option in the Render Settings dialog which determines whether or not motion blur will be rendered. By default, the Motion Blur control defaults to On For Checked Layers, which will render motion blur for any layer on which the layer’s motion blur switch is enabled, regardless of the state of the comp’s “master” motion blur switch.

Are you changing this setting in the Render Settings? Does its behavior otherwise align with your experience of which layers do or don’t render motion blur when exported via the Render Queue?

13. Unable to interact with other programs

I work on multiple PCs where this has happened. There are some times when I'm working in CC2019 that I'll try to interact with another window (a Chrome window, Premiere, etc) and won't be able to. I will only be able to interact with After Effects. The only way for me to fix this is to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. After that, I have functionality in all my programs again. This only seems to happen when I'm using After Effects. None of the other programs do this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG REPORT - JSON file with Greek Character do not work.

I’m creating a data driven Graphics in After Effects. I have created a JSON file with excel and I have tested the file if the syntax is OK, and everything is fine. I have all my DATA in the file. If I save the file in ASCI format, the After Effects works fine for the English text, but the Greek Text do not show up. If I save the file in UTF-8 format, I get an error when I import the file in After Affects

“ After Effects warning: Problem encountered with file “D:Win 10...\Data.json”. Data File: Parsing error:”dataOutline[0]”, Invalid…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Which version of After Effects are you using?

Can you provide us with a sample JSON file that causes this error?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Motion Graphics Template to CC Library without having to have the Libraries panel open

Reporting a bug. This bug has also been verified by support.

When you try to export a Motion Graphics Template from the Essential Graphics panel to your CC Library - you have to have your Libraries panel open for it to export properly. If you don't have the Libraries panel open, nothing is exported.

Solution/Fix: You should not have to have the Libraries panel open to be able to export Motion Graphics Templates to your CC Library.

CRM:00061001672474
    Case Number: ADB-4379439-Y1M9
    Issue: CC Storage and Sync

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We reviewed this issue with our support and development teams, but are not able to reproduce this issue After Effects 16.0.

If you are still able to reproduce this, can you please record a screen capture video of the problem in action and send it to us?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

17. Fix the align tool. Align doesn't center anything.

Align does not and will not center my shapes correctly in the center of a comp. A 1080p comp. This doesn't work anymore for me. I even center my anchors in their shape layers but still it won't do it. The alignment is incredibly off. This is super annoying. I really don't understand how something like that gets overlooked.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you provide us with a project that demonstrates the problem? We need more detail about what you are reporting, and it will be easiest if you could provide us a project and instructions like “select shape layers A, B, and C, and click the Align Horizontally Center button”, or whatever is appropriate.

aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

18. Missing Plugin ERROR

Not an idea - but how about a fix for the silly bug which occurs when opening a project with a missing plugin. Fine, I'm opening a project with a missing plugin, not a problem. I accept then prompted and move past the notification, and the project loads. I later come to opening another project in the same session, again I know this has a missing plugin, but instead of prompting me, this now doesn't work. No prompt, therefore the APP totally crashes, none responsive, spinning wheel of death.

I cannot get out of the loop now, and cannot get…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this bug report.

Does the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog appear when this crash occurs? Have you submitted the report, including your email address? If not choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter from inside After Effects. We like receiving crash reports, and prefer that you use the “Always show this dialog” option so that you can fill in the additional information after the crash. When the Adobe Crash Report dialog appears, please ALWAYS provide notes about what you did before the crash occurred. If you have filed the bug on UserVoice, include a link to the report. We also appreciate if you both fill in your email address and check the “Yes, Adobe can contact me” option; you must add these options in order for us to be able to find your reports by your email address in our database, or to contact you to follow up…

19. [Bug] When layer with a mask has scale keyframes, when click and drag to move layer it selects mask points instead

It's a bug that needs fixing

Here's a gif to show behaviour https://gfycat.com/CavernousLeanDrever

It only occurs when there's scale keyframes on the layer, if removed then it works fine

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for providing a screen capture of the problem.

I’m not able to reproduce this issue with a simple test. It will help if you could provide us a project where the problem occurs.

Please post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, please tell us:
    - Do you use a pen tablet (i.e. Wacom or other brand) , mouse, or other pointing device?
    - What version of After Effects are you using? The specific version from the About After Effects dialog, please. ex., After Effects 16.0.1
    - What…

20. Shift canvas to center based on layer / focus on selected layer / center view port

This may already exist but I cannot find it. Imagine a precomp larger than the final aspect ratio/output settings, and with many layers that require detail work. Rather than space/handing around the composition, it would be nice to use a quick key to move the entire composition so the selected layer/content was centered in the view port. Like selecting an object in CInema 4D and pressing O to bring it front and center.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

In the View menu, the Look At Selected Layers and Look At All Layers command do something similar to what you describe. More information on these commands:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/cameras-lights-points-interest.html#adjust_a_3d_view_or_move_a_camera_light_or_point_of_interest

Note that you must have a camera in the composition for these commands to work.

The keyboard shortcut F is defined by default for Look At Selected Layers (alternately, Option + Shift + Command + \ on macOS, Alt + Shift + Control + \ on Windows). You can customize this in the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Does this meet your needs, or is there different functionality you would like to see?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base