After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects 22.4 crashing with Cinema 4D 3D renderer

After Effects crashes all the time when choosing Cinema 4D renderer for extruding and animating shapes, I have tried reinstalling, clearing preferences and importing the .AEP in a new project or restarting from scratch without success.

After Effects 22.4
    MacBook Pro M1 Max 64 GB Memory
    Monterey 12.4

Thanks in advance!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. AE frequently resets preferences upon opening

Ever since the release of AE 22.2, it happens quite frequently to me that AE resets all preferences upon opening it. Maybe something like every fourth or fifth time of opening it (but the frequency seems to vary). Other times, I just get an error message that some preference file contains an expected value (but I don't think it resets all preferences, though).

Is this a known bug? Can I do something about it? There are so many preferences I have to add back every time that I can't really work in these AE versions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After Effects 2022 won't save/export/import or respond to anything!

Recently After Effects has not been letting me save my projects. At some point during my time working on a project, After Effects becomes unresponsive and when clicking save/save as, nothing happens. It does not save. It seemed like anything to do with accessing files just wasn't responsive. I can't import/export, choose where to render to, or most importantly save!! Today however, it happened again and so I just tried to render to the default chosen file, but it wouldn't even respond to anything I click. When hovering over buttons like 'render' it would show the hover selection appearance but…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View Options

Would love "Copy View Options" and "Apply View Options" as a Menu Item. This would allow batch updating view options across all comps.

View > Copy View Options
    View > Apply View Options

Should "Copy" the current Composition's Magnification Ratio, Resolution Factor, Fast Preview Pref, Transparency, Mask/Shape Visibility, Title/Action Safe, Proportional Grid, Grid, Guides, Rulers, 3D Reference Axes, RGB, Exposure, and all settings under View Options...

Should "Apply" all the above to the current Composition, or all selected comps in the Project Panel.

(If Mag Ratio > "Fit" or "Fit to Comp" are selected, don't just copy the zoom value…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Magnification Ratio Revamp

Hello. We would love to see the Magnification Ratio updated with custom zoom values. Based on a small poll in MDA Slack, 7 people agree.

1. Customize the values in the Magnification Ratios list in the AE Preferences.
    2. Add "Custom..." to bottom of Magnification Ratio list and allow entering one-time custom value.

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dark Mode support in MacOS

import and save and close windows are light when they should be dark when system dark mode is on. please please please fix this, I've been waiting years for this to be fixed but somehow not fixed yet.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make All Effects 32bit Compatible

I use After Effects for compositing my 3D renders, and I always export 16 or 32 bit EXRs, starting to use ACES. Unfortunately, many, many effects are still only 8 bit, some support 16, and some can do 32. If you don't want to lose me and many other compositors (at least those that are left), please update more effects to 32bit!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lock Workspace

I think it would be useful to borrow the Lock Workspace feature from Photoshop for After Effects, esp with the wide use of so many scripts and CEP panels in many workflows. I accidentally pull off tabs or slide them around in my day-to-day use of AE, esp since I’m using a Wacom pen most of the time.

I’m sure there’s some wrinkles to consider, esp when switching Workspaces while locked - do you prompt with a pop-up or automatically switch it?

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. open multiple comps from render queue again PLEASE!

Selecting more than one comp in the render queue and double clicking no longer opens all the Comps, just one.
    Please ensure this is fixed soon.
    I assume this is a bug, like the Effects panel no longer opening when you double click a layer, and that you will be reinstating some of this basic functionality in the next point updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add additional functionality to the Snapshot button in AE to make it similar to Premiere.

I would love to see some additional functionality added to the Snapshot button in AE to make it similar to the Export Frame button in Premiere.

When working, I'm always taking screenshot of the active comp to send to people to take a quick look at what i'm working on. The downside to using a screenshot is that you get all the UI elements in the way, and it's not locked to the native size of the comp window.

In Premiere, you can hit a button that looks the same as the snapshot button in AE, but they work completely…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resolve Viewport Screen Tearing on Windows Devices.

Upon testing and asking around forums, seems multiple users have this issue.

After Effects on Windows has screen tearing in the viewport which makes working a headache.

This appears most often with UHD devices with refresh rates of 60hz comprising of an Intel/Nvidia configuration but have heard from some desktop users that they have this issue as well (Intel/Nvidia configuration).

This is not isolated to a single version of After Effects, with Adobe support I have tested 17x-22.3 and the issues still persist.

This issue is more apparent on internal Laptop screens than on external monitors. However, the issue is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Render Queue Complete Notifications Time Limits & Options

The new Render Complete Notifications are amazing for being able to take breaks, but they can steal focus far too often if rendering out comps that are fast - a couple user settable preferences would be incredible.

The following are my requests for options:
    - allow the user to set a maximum frequency for notifications
    - only notify on full queue completion instead of for each comp
    - if a queue will take less than estimated [user input time limit], only notify on completion of full queue.

I could see these living in the Preferences panel, or directly in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

after effects crashes every time when I use csv file to get Arabic text

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issues with Fonts

I know this has been brought up by other users in some other forums, but I want to second and reiterate this occurrence - there is serious issues with sluggish performance in after effects with fonts, particularly when using fonts in projects that are not cloud/adobe font based. In some cases, projects freeze for 10-15 seconds on retyping a 10 character word in a text box. Across multiple text-heavy projects for client schedule demands, it's becoming a major issue.

Some people have provided workarounds, like resetting the font of a project entirely with a script, but in not all cases…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The current build of After Effects Beta (v22.6 build 21) is exhibiting much, much better behavior than previous releases, due to fixes applied to how font glyph tables are built. The long delays appear to be resolved, though in some cases I still see a short delay. (The developer who has been working on this code has done their best to resolve this, but some of the problems remain with the fonts themselves or in code that would require much more extensive revision.)

If you were experiencing this problem, please test the same project, comp, and fonts in the daily builds of After Effects Beta.

If you're still experiencing a delay when using certain fonts, could you please:

1. Send a screen capture video of the behavior in the current build of After Effects Beta, as well the same project, comp, or font in an older release of After Effects where…
  16. AE 22.4.0 is horrendously slow

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to say about this other then AE 22.4.0 is EXTREMELY slow in performance all round. I mean the timeline takes forever to cache and render just a single frame for the viewport.

I rolled back to 22.0 and the speed difference is chalk and cheese. 22.0 is an order of magnitude faster.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. F9 no longer cycling through ease

After updating to 22.5.0 F9 no longer cycles through easing. It will work initially in setting "easy ease". But pressing it again no longer cycles to "rove across time" or no ease. This means there is no way to turn off the ease unless I use the graph editor. I've always been able to do this until the update. Please fix this bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Shape Layer 'Expression Repeater'

How about a new type of Repeater for shape groups that looks pretty much the same as the existing one, except that values in it's Transform properties are not applied cumulatively, but rather have their expressions evaluated individually for every copy of the shape?

So if I add a random expression to the repeater's Position property, I get a bunch of randomly positioned copies. Ideally we'd get expression access to something like repeaterIndex (like textIndex in text layer expression selectors) but even without any new syntax it would be amazing. I can already imagine making a growing vine which automatically…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix broken Prores import in AE 2022

Hello,

I have a strange issue since I updated to Macos Monterey (12.1) and the latest version of Adobe CC 2022. I use a Macbook Pro 14.

When I import Prores files (tested with 444 and 444XQ), they show a strange color cast, shift towards green-cyan. They also show artifacts, banding,... When I apply the same LUT to a DNXHR file (444 12bit), the image is clean. I have the same result in Premiere.

When I import both Prores and DNXHR files in Resolve and apply the same LUT, both are clean.

There's seems to be an issue with Prores…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shift Forward Slash

Shift Forward Slash still doesn't work 22.5.0.

Marc Trzepla
    October 12, 2021

I SWEAR that if I was working in the Effects panel .. the Effects panel active ... I could press Shift Forward Slash to fit my comp viewer to All. Now I can't do that. In order to get Shift Forward Slash to work I have to activate the timeline panel or the comp viewer.

I know this has to have worked in the past - I apparently have the muscle memory of using it when the Effects panel is active because I keep trying to invoke it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base