After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Latest version of After Effects won’t read DNX HD Quicktimes? Not sure if I’m affected by the QuickTime Drop in the latest version.

Latest version of After Effects won’t read DNX HD Quicktimes? Not sure if I’m affected by the QuickTime Drop in the latest version. The QT file is good since I can open it in QT player. After Effects shows a gray frame and the audio, no error messages. Tested it on 6 machines we have in here, all of them QT with DNXHD is broken, I have countless projects that do not work anymore, Had to roll back to version 15. Please fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. Can you provide us with a link to a file that will not import into After Effects 15.1? Send it to aebugs@adobe.com if you don’t want to post publicly.

After Effects 15.1 does support DNxHD and DNxHR codec QuickTime files. The problem you are experiencing is likely either a limitation of this support, or a damaged file.

Since the release of After Effects 15.1, we have seen reports of similar cases where QuickTime files using natively supported codecs will not import. When files are available to us we can inspect them; mostly what we are finding is that the QuickTime file in question is structured in a way that is no longer supported. As the QuickTime format was developed over many years, it incorporated a number of unique features that are not supported natively by After Effects. (For example: complex edit lists, where the…

3. Make keyboard shortcuts menu resizable.

Currently, it is essentially impossible to change my keyboard shortcuts, because the window is too large to fit on my screen. This could be easily fixed if the window could be resized.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preserve Underlying Transparency like Photoshop

Option to preserve the underlying transparency of the layer immediately below. Currently the switch uses all of the combined alpha below.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Advanced Puppet Pin Reordering Bug

CC2018 (15.1.0-build166) / MacOS 10.12.6

I am not able to change order of advanced puppet pins after pin position has been modified. Doing so kills preview and breaks mesh. If I revert back to original order, preview is restored and mesh works again.

I'm able to recreate this problem on multiple machines.

1. Apply puppet mesh to layer

2. Add 2+ pins to mesh

3. Adjust position of pins

4. Change order of Puppet Pins

5. Move layer position (not sure if this is necessary)

6. Adjust position of pins

Sometime works for a few seconds after, but eventually preview will fail. revealing mesh will show…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Invalid JSON Object Error

Error/Bug Report: When importing a tab delimited file, any quotation marks in data values results in this After Effects alert:

After Effects warning: Problem encountered with file "FILENAME.tsv". Data File: Parsing error:"dataOutline[0]::children[0]", Invalid JSON Object.

When I remove the quotation marks from the text/tsv file, After Effects handles it properly.

Any workarounds for this so I can use data with text values including quotations? Thanks!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If I am ram previewing in "4 View" and a switch to active "camera" AE crashes everytime.

If I am ram previewing in "4 View" and a switch to active "camera" AE crashes everytime.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

I am not able to reproduce a problem as you describe. Can you please provide more specific steps that result in the crash?

It would also be helpful if you could provide a link to a project file that causes the crahs, a crash log, and a screen recording of the problem. If you do not wish to post those publicly, you can send them to aebugs@adobe.com.

8. CC 2018: find missing footage doesn't do anything

what is this good for????????????

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Horrible Display Bug Crashing 15.1.1 15x Day

I'm not sure what's going on, but this new version has made dragging text or other layers around the screen a ****-shoot as to whether it crashes AE or not. The small silver-lining here (very, very small) is that it saves your project before it crashes with a "1" at the end of your original project name. As a result, I have several projects with a "11111" at the end of the name. FRUSTRATING.

Hard to tell what the culprit is. GPU settings? Other MacBookPro (2016) issue? All I know is that AE 15…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you provide us with a link to a project file that demonstrates the problem? Crash reports (/Users/you/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports) and also system information about your computer will also be helpful. If you prefer not to post publicly, you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com.

We do not reproduce the problems you describe, which usually indicate that the problem is either project- or system-dependent. With more information we can investigate. Thanks.

11. BUG: Crashes on start up

When I start up After Effects 15.1.1 it crashes immediately on my Mac.

There's no way to get around it. I have removed all the CC with the Cleaner and reinstalled and it still does it.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Process: After Effects [1499]
    Path: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Adobe After Effects CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects
    Identifier: com.adobe.AfterEffects
    Version: 15.1.1 (15.1.1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: After Effects [1499]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-05-19 10:49:05.996 +0100
    OS Version: Mac…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Libraries search

I post it here because most of the time I work in AE, but of course this concerns whole CC. Since we work with very large own libraries for logo's and stuff, it would be a great help to have a search engine for all the libraries instead of the 'search Adobe Stock' alone...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. weak optimization

That's not a first time I writing about the problem! After Effects CC 2018 Optimization is just terrible while same Premiere version works great! I'm working with same video file (4K, 29 fps, 1 min length), and AE can't even play smoothly the file on the timeline. In addition, the rendering time (via Media Encoder) is longer X10 than Premiere rendering (rendering settings also are same!!!). All app settings are same and GPU support is on! So when I checked the resource monitor, I see that Premiere uses about 70-90% of the CPU, and about 40% of the GPU. AE…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. your drawing error is ****

종수가 편집을 하는데 자꾸 드로잉 오류가 나서 우리의 작품이 좆댓다 어도비 측은 하루빨리 이 대책을 만들언 내라

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. problem went i import a illustrator file to after effects

the problem is when importing an .ai file to after effects this is not shown correctly, I get text or black screen, just open me .eps but I can not do anything, i try reinstalling after effects and illustrator and nothing , I have the updated drivers and try creating a new file after reinstalling Illustrator but it only showed me everything in black even though text was no longer available, someone knows how to solve this error, thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Intermittent crash applying Particular or Form, with AE attempting to open dialog within drawRect

We are seeing an intermittent (~1 out of 10 times) crash in our latest releases of Particular (v3.1.1) and Form (v3.1.1) in Trapcode Suite 14.1.1. Crash log and sample project attached.

The crash does not appear to occur in our own code. As indicated in the crash log, it appears that AE is attempting to open a dialog from within a drawRect operation.

We would appreciate any clues as to what our plugin might be doing in its own initialization that might lead AE to post some warning or error dialog from within a draw operation.

OSX 10.13, AE CC2018…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" Bug Report

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, AE 15.1.1 (but I've noticed this in many previous versions as well)

Steps to Reproduce:

• Turn "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" on.

• Play the current composition.

• Switch the timeline to another composition.

• Switch back to the first composition.

• "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" is now turned off and needs to be turned back on again.

It's mildly annoying and I've noticed this for a long time but only recently discovered what actually causes it. It seems that when you play a composition, it will disable that switch in order to not show layer handles/outlines and such…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it easier to view Imported Assets

Right now the only way to view an asset without adding it to a composition is my watching it in the Footage window, which is a bit slow and clunky to work with.
    It would be really useful to be able to scrub through assets like videos and sounds faster to recognize them.

One way of approaching this would be to match the Project Window/Media Browser with Premiere Pro's a bit more.

An other would be to improve the footage window by making it more responsive so it could be used as an video previewing tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. lumeri color mor HSL keyer refine controls

eat mask inward/outward,
    show mask on alpha/ transparent option
    input garbage mask for hsl
    correction I think there should be more controls as seen in the basic at least.
    but what if HSL Secondary would be a separate module and an option to be added to any onther lumetri correction
    vigniette what if it could be moved by position. better yet to visualized
    by mask so it becomes a custom mask...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base