After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 15.1 (Windows) is unable to properly import Quicktime MOVs

AE is unable to import Quicktimes Properly on version 15.1 for Windows.

Upon importing the asset, sometimes the error "Source file has no importable streams" appear. Sometimes the MOV does import, but only has the audio stream available.

Downgrading to 15.0 fixes this issue.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Are you still experiencing this problem in After Effects 15.1.2 (July 2018 release) or After Effects 16.0 (October 2018 release)?

Many issues with importing QuickTime .mov files were fixed in these releases.

If you continue to experience problems, please post or link to a sample file that is not working as you expect.

Note that After Effects 15.1 was the removed support for legacy QuickTime formats and codecs. After Effects 15.1 and later remain capable of importing and exporting QuickTime .mov files with common codecs, like Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD/HR, and others. The main difference now is that After Effects supports these codecs natively instead of relying on external QuickTime components.

More detail and a list of supported codecs is here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

If a codec you want to use is not on that list, please post a new request here with the specific…

2. why remove quicktime 7 suppert?

It's just unbelievable how many problems it does. I have hundreds of film projects of different effects that need to be converted. simple Wav files also need to be converted to them. Please bring them back!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Opacity not working in Master Properties

I have a pre-comp that has 2 layers in it. One graphic, the other text. I use OPACITY from both layers as a means to control in the MAIN layer as a Master Property. However, when I attempt to change the OPACITY from the MASTER PROPERTY it does not work, respectively

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. shortcut to create/duplicate layers/shapes/adjustments/efects UNDER the previous one

too often you need to create layers under not above the current( like textures of fractal, shades etc. would be cool to revisit current shortcuts for creating all those different pieces and unite them to a one solution and to have an alt key for creating them under

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-Save no longer works

Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
    After Effects Version: 15.1.1

Hello. My auto-save functionality is no longer working. I've tried a number of things:

• Resetting program preferences
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling After Effects
    • Zapping P-Ram
    • Changing location of auto-save folder in preferences to different drives
    • Changing interval period for auto-saves anywhere from 5 mins to an hour
    • Repairing drive permissions

None of the above has remedied the issue.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a recommended course of action?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hue/saturation to be expressionable

so many times I'd needed to link hue to angle controller, but have to use other effects as workaround

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Control of frame increments (especially for image sequences)

Please add some more in-depth controls for rendering image sequences. These are the options I would love to see in the output module (I know some of them exist already):
    1. start frame (timeline)
    2. end frame (timeline)
    3. increment (timeline)
    4. start frame (output file)
    5. increment (output file)
    6. skip existing frames
    This would give you so much more flexibility than currently. Maya does this very well.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FASTER ROTOBRUSH & PENCILS.

You could accelerate by GPU the rotobrush tool. And all the pencils in general.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update native particles Particle Playground

Particle Playground to GPU and 32bps

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. workspace resizing

Add a "fit to screen" or something similar to the window menu or adopt the Premiere Pro way of handling workspaces.
    I need to be able to do the same thing as a double click on the top bar on mac, as when i switch between home and office setup with my mac pro i often have the software 90% of screen to one side or another.

As I write this, i CANNOT use the software because the top third of the app is off screen so i don't have access to any of the tools, layers selection etc. Workaround…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't double click on comps to open them.

Bug. I can't open some comps from the project. The only way I can get them to open is by placing the comp into another and then double clicking on the original from there. At least I can do that, but its an annoying bug. I have a Mac running the latest edition of AE 2018.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Composition window to be scaled by any % amount

Right now it is limited to 800% in 4K composition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable any effect to address an individual RGBA channel

Some effects, like Levels and Curves, allow one to isolate the effect to a single RGBA channel. Make this option available to all effects.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. toggle mask and shape path visibility

button does not seem to stay on

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preference to reverse the horizontal option-scrollwheel scrolling direction.

I finally adjusted my mindset to Apple's preferred vertical scrolling, but by switching the vertical scroll direction it also swapped the horizontal option-scroll, but frankly that makes no sense. A preference to switch it back within AE would be great!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bringing back the scrollbar in the Character list.

Just give us back our scrollbar in the Character list! AE had it, they dropped it in the previous version because the developers didn't have the time to implement it. Adobe promised to get it back in there in the latest version. Guess what? They didn't.
    So please, put it back in there!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please support display acceleration in after effects for nvidia GT550M

i have nvidia GT550M in theory my graphic card should support this function without any problem

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Displacement Map radial option and to go GPU!

Displacement map lacks of radial distortion option

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. effects to be cloned and connected through entirely in the project

so that if you change any of them - others will follow. Not like when linking them - that they have a mother effect

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Keyframe connection

This interface tweak is as usefull as it is simple. Even before implementing a label colors for keyframes I think this one will be a massive improvement for clarifying the timeline when you have a lot of keyframe.

An image :
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52829097e4b043b800eeef8c/t/55f77bafe4b084d89b9c3424/1442282417145/Keyframe-Connections-1?format=1000w

Suggested by :
    http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/keyframes#connection

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base